wouldnt that be crazy to have a silent release just to see how many they sold without the hype? would be a great marketing experiment.
    04-29-10 12:58 PM
    wouldnt that be crazy to have a silent release just to see how many they sold without the hype? would be a great marketing experiment.
    Yeah That would be a Great Experiment. To see how many BBA's are out there haha!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 01:04 PM
    CDMA Bold is a Sprint Exclusive! You read it here first!

:stirs pot:
    04-29-10 01:31 PM
    CDMA Bold is a Sprint Exclusive! You read it here first!

:stirs pot:

There's precious little evidence to the contrary, unfortunately...
    04-29-10 01:40 PM
    There's precious little evidence to the contrary, unfortunately...
    i think he was being sarcastic... we all know the 9650 isn't a sprint exclusive
    04-29-10 01:42 PM
    Yeah, I think maybe he was too...
    04-29-10 01:45 PM
    Yeah we all know that. At least I hope everyone know that. Haha.

04-29-10 01:46 PM
    yup, just stirring the pot. find it weird Sprint set a date right after it was announced, but VZW still hasn't. Maybe they are trying to approve an OS still =P
    04-29-10 01:52 PM
    would verizon just drop it on us on the 1st with no press release beforehand? they ever do anything like that before?
    I remember Storm 2 was a pretty quiet release. Looking back through Google, please correct me if I'm wrong.....Verizon "Officially" announced Storm 2 on Monday October 26, 2009 and released it 2 days later on Wednesday October 28. Marketing started shortly after with 1 commercial in the midest of heavy Droid marketing.

I believe the much hyped and marketed Motorola Droid was released exactly 1 week later which made the Storm 2 release REALLY quiet.
    04-29-10 01:53 PM
    I remember Storm 2 was a pretty quiet release. Looking back through Google, please correct me if I'm wrong.....Verizon "Officially" announced Storm 2 on Monday October 26, 2009 and released it 2 days later on Wednesday October 28. Marketing started shortly after with 1 commercial in the midest of heavy Droid marketing.

I believe the much hyped and marketed Motorola Droid was released exactly 1 week later which made the Storm 2 release REALLY quiet.
    Maybe that will hold true in a similar scenario this time, but I think I might just be being too hopeful at this point. Only time will tell
    04-29-10 01:57 PM
    04-29-10 02:48 PM

BGR were the ones that originally reported May 1st, not lookin good for saturday
    04-29-10 03:11 PM
    BGR were the ones that originally reported May 1st, not lookin good for saturday
    We'll see on saturday if it's released.

04-29-10 03:18 PM
    We'll see on saturday if it's released.

no i for one will not see... y... bc i choose not to.. the whole world will c except i
    04-29-10 03:20 PM
    Posted from the post in BGR:

"In addition to the Microsoft KIN 1 and KIN 2 pre-sale going live on May 6th and the BlackBerry Bold 9650 being released later in the month...."

I guess BGR is inadvertantly admitting it's wrong?
    04-29-10 03:24 PM
    no i for one will not see... y... bc i choose not to.. the whole world will c except i
    Well that's your choosing lol

04-29-10 03:28 PM
    At this point, anything is a guess, but still a possibility too.

I was at the local Verizon shop today and was informed by one of the workers that they have the new bold in the back the just have to wait until the first to release. It may have been complete BS but who knows I guess we will find out.
    04-29-10 04:15 PM
    Well, let's see what happens Saturday lol
    04-29-10 05:56 PM
    I called my local store today since I haven't called in a while and since WES I figured I'd see what they said: "We can't confirm the release dates of unannounced phones but I would call back on May 1." Don't know what that means especially in light of the Google alert that said RIM was releasing the 9650 to Sprint first, on May 23rd. Blasphemy!! (This is for those who only read one thread)
    04-29-10 06:13 PM
    Yes. (: Agreed!

04-29-10 06:26 PM
    It will probably be announced on May 1st, and released later in the month.
    04-29-10 06:54 PM
    Yeah, and let's hope we see something

04-29-10 06:56 PM
    I had to call Verizon today about a Bill issue I had... I asked just for the hel* of it if she knew anything about the Bold 9650 coming up. The first thing she did was ask me I wanted to look into getting an 'incredible" lol I laughed at her and said no way I would buy that phone. After she told me thats what she is doing when she gets off of work, like I care what shes doing after work?.. anyway I asked again and she said she doesnt know of any upcoming Blackberrys lol then told me even if she knew, she couldnt tell me.
    04-29-10 07:41 PM
    Lol. VZW is really pushing the incredible. I went to a local store and asked about the new bold, the rep said he wasn't sure about it and asked if I'd be interested in the incredible that's coming out soon.

04-29-10 07:47 PM
    Lol. VZW is really pushing the incredible. I went to a local store and asked about the new bold, the rep said he wasn't sure about it and asked if I'd be interested in the incredible that's coming out soon.

Reps will do anything to sell you the latest and greatest, even if you're clearly not interested. Lol. I don't think some of them understand that some people just don't want an all touch screen phone!
    04-29-10 07:50 PM
23,186 ... 154155156157158 ...