Same thing on Sprints end. Sprint has the EVO coming out about a week or so later so I wouldnt be expecting any advertising from Sprint either. They will focus everything on the EVO.
    04-28-10 03:45 PM
    So we are thinking late May then... Would you guys wait it out or go with the Curve 2. I have a Curve right now but wanted to switch to the Tour.
    Last edited by colgatew; 04-28-10 at 03:53 PM.
    04-28-10 03:48 PM
    You mean May right?

Personally, I would only consider the 9650 if you want a keyboard or the HTC Incredible if you prefer a touchscreen.

So we are thinking late March then... Would you guys wait it out or go with the Curve 2. I have a Curve right now but wanted to switch to the Tour.
    04-28-10 03:51 PM
    Yeah May haha my bad. I am all about blackberry so i won't make the jump. I love my Curve and like the track pad so i thought Curve 2 no brainer. Then i started reading about the this phone and got all messed up on what to do.
    04-28-10 03:56 PM
    I was thinking that when the 9650 shows up on VZW's website being listed as "available for pre-order" that we're probably getting close to the release date...
    04-28-10 05:24 PM
    From gwabble:

Blackberry Bold 9650 Price and Release Date • Gwabble

Here�s an update of the newest Bold phone from Blackberry. RIM confirmed that Blackberry Bold 9650 will be released and shipped on May 23, 2010 to Sprint Nextel and Verizon customers. It was reported that the price is $200.00 USD, after a $100 mall-in rebate. Pretty cheap huh? Yes, because that�s for Sprint Nextel and Verizon customers only.

Before it was a rumor, but now it�s no longer a rumor. RIM�s Blackberry Bold series has a new baby, the Blackberry Bold 9650. It was first leaked by The Street, then was buzzed by Engadget, PC World, and other tech sites. And now, it�s on Gwabble!

This awesome phone will be an eye-candy for all Blackberry fanatics out there. I think the features are almost the same, it�s just newer, faster, and better than the previous Bold 9000 and 9700.

For me, it looks like a Blackberry Tour, but the scroll ball was replaced by a scroll pad. But this one is better if compared to Tour, because it has Wi-Fi support that the Blackberry Tour didn�t have.

Based on the specifications sheet sent by RIM�s PR, the Bold 9650 is a candy bar smartphone with a 3.2-megapixel camera, a �large, high-resolution screen, GPS and Wi-Fi (802.11b/g). It�s made to work as either a quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS or dual-band CDMA/EV-DO phone.

There�s no official announcement yet about the exact price and release date of this product. What we have right now are approximations from our inside sources at RIM.

Right now, all we have to do now is wait for the official announcement from Blackberry.com.
    04-28-10 05:34 PM
    Well if tourboy keeps posting to this thread every morning, noon and night he will keep it at the top of the forum list every day with fresh posts, however most of them are his own posts.
    PS, kudos to him for figuring out the system and making it work as well as keeping the interest in the phone alive on CB by whatever method.
    I don't mind it... I view it as the catch all thread. Nice work TB. What happens to your name when you switch to a 9700???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 05:35 PM
    I know most of you if not all of you won't believe me, but my dad (he knows how long I've been waiting on this phone) spoke to a Verizon rep at one of the big corporate stores in my area today, and he said without a doubt it'll be out the 1st of may. He said it will just show up out of no where in ads. And for all of you people waiting on the iphone, he also said not to expect it to hit Verizon anymore, there was a huge conflict with itunes and verizon apps or something (don't really know much and don't really care lol) but apparently its not the first time I've heard/read about it not coming to Verizon afterall..

I know I know.. One of those "verizon rep" posts, but I definitely believe it! I'm excited and will be in the store ready to buy on sunday, since I'll be away at a conference for work thursday-saturday. Fingers crossed!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed also that what you, your dad & that Verizon rep are saying is true and that it will come out on May 1st
    04-28-10 05:55 PM
    I know most of you if not all of you won't believe me, but my dad (he knows how long I've been waiting on this phone) spoke to a Verizon rep at one of the big corporate stores in my area today, and he said without a doubt it'll be out the 1st of may. He said it will just show up out of no where in ads. And for all of you people waiting on the iphone, he also said not to expect it to hit Verizon anymore, there was a huge conflict with itunes and verizon apps or something (don't really know much and don't really care lol) but apparently its not the first time I've heard/read about it not coming to Verizon afterall..

I know I know.. One of those "verizon rep" posts, but I definitely believe it! I'm excited and will be in the store ready to buy on sunday, since I'll be away at a conference for work thursday-saturday. Fingers crossed!!!
    Cool - sad its just a minor tweak (track ball, maybe speedier, wi-fi (arguably an upgrade) no click, click, click, extra memory (I don't need it) no jiggly battery door) to existing Tour owners. Coming from a Curve its a Home Run. I still think its cool - but its a small step forward and welcomed for me due to track ball.

04-28-10 06:25 PM
    If this thing would just release on VZW soon i'll be happy.
    04-28-10 06:39 PM
    Thanks!

Maybe I should change it to BoldBoy?

I don't mind it... I view it as the catch all thread. Nice work TB. What happens to your name when you switch to a 9700???

04-28-10 07:17 PM
    I'm thinking this thing is going to get announced tomorrow at the end of wes. I don't see why vzw is thinking this would take some thunder away from the incredible. The incredible looks like a nice phone but blackberry already has its own followers that won't turn away. Plus people can see the specs for both phones and make an informed decision. But it might not even be that. Lets face it. When this thing finally hits the stores their not going to be selling any of the other blackberries after this. The storm 2 has people ready to jump ship and the curve 2 their damn near giving it away. It's going to be very interesting though. And Tourboy: keep the thread going as long as it takes brotha.
    04-28-10 07:50 PM
    Coming from a Curve its a Home Run. I still think its cool - but its a small step forward and welcomed for me due to track ball.

Coming from the pitiful WinMo phone my job gave me, it's a grand slam!

MG
    04-28-10 07:57 PM
    I'm losing hope for may 1st you guys..

04-28-10 08:51 PM
    Verizon looks at BB's as if they are appliances, they want to move out the old before bringing in the new.
    04-28-10 08:52 PM
    i was informed by a manager of a verizon wireless authorized retailer that tour2/bold 9650 will be released this saturday, may 1st.

pretty psyched since i am going to exchange my curve 8530 in for this. hate the fact that there is no flash on the camera.
    04-28-10 08:52 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I'm fired up for the trackpad, wi-fi, and memory for OS6 but 99.9% of new business buyers do not have a friggin clue what the difference is between the 9630 and 9650 and VZW is capitalizing on it while we OCD crackberry heads wait.
    04-28-10 08:54 PM
    I hope your right. Me being out of the loop I just bought the 9630 on May 10th. Now after finding out version 6.0 will not be able to run on this I need to exchange it within the 30 day window ASAP. I do not want to go back to my Pearl in the meantime.
    04-28-10 09:17 PM
    I'm losing hope for may 1st you guys..

Why is that? ): What else did you hear?
    04-28-10 09:31 PM
    I really hope that it comes out the first, but then I have to wonder why it hasn't even been announced as of yet, regardless if it's a "big" announcement or not. I read on another forum that one of the BB's was announced and it came out two days later, so perhaps that will be the case here?
    04-28-10 10:09 PM
    i was informed by a manager of a verizon wireless authorized retailer that tour2/bold 9650 will be released this saturday, may 1st.

pretty psyched since i am going to exchange my curve 8530 in for this. hate the fact that there is no flash on the camera.
    Great to hear!
    04-28-10 10:16 PM
    Originally Posted by cleofe View Post

Great to hear!

Great to hear!
    Just out of curiosity, how are you going to exchange this?
    04-28-10 11:06 PM
    I thought that cdma didn't have the capacity for wifi calls? After reading about the mobile voice service did something change? Can the regular users (non biz) use the wifi for calls? And will it work for calls while traveling overseas? If so, I could be persuaded to purchase it.

04-28-10 11:07 PM

Whoa, that would be GREAT if true. I guess we will all see in two days.
    04-29-10 12:14 AM
    Originally Posted by cleofe View Post

Great to hear!

Just out of curiosity, how are you going to exchange this?
    i just renewed my contract last week, so i am still within the 30 day to exchange or return the curve 8530.
    04-29-10 08:47 AM
23,186 ... 152153154155156 ...