Keep in mind too Verizon typically releases on a Wednesday.
    The Tour came out on a Sunday, and the recently suggested release dates for the 9650 for Verizon are May 1, which is a Saturday, and May 27, which is a Thursday. It's possible they aren't worried about sticking with formerly typical days of the week for releases anymore.
    04-27-10 12:19 PM
    I don't care what day they release it, I just hope it's soon! C'mon Big Red. Make us proud!
    04-27-10 02:30 PM
    May first would be really nice at this point...I will no longer use my VZW Voodoo doll if it releases then.
    04-27-10 03:29 PM
    That's a good point! Just release the darn thing already

The Tour came out on a Sunday, and the recently suggested release dates for the 9650 for Verizon are May 1, which is a Saturday, and May 27, which is a Thursday. It's possible they aren't worried about sticking with formerly typical days of the week for releases anymore.
    04-27-10 06:19 PM
    Still looking for the official release date for Verizon:

04-28-10 05:47 AM
    Ughhh seeing pictures of this phone everywhere is driving me nuts!! Can Verizon please just announce when it'll be sold!? I can't wait for the release date anymore! Once we know then we won't be tortured anymore!! Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 07:07 AM
    I just saw a buy 1 get one free commercial for the tour 9630. Hmmm! One would think that they'd want to get through that before they introduce the bold

04-28-10 07:21 AM
    I was waiting, no more. I'll keep the 9630 until the new flip becomes available and thank you, RIM, for not releasing the 9650 before I heard of the new flip!
    04-28-10 09:38 AM
    I just saw a buy 1 get one free commercial for the tour 9630. Hmmm! One would think that they'd want to get through that before they introduce the bold

Verizon has had the BOGO offer on BBs for quite some time now, the real question is whether they will offer it on the new 9650s or not.
    04-28-10 09:45 AM
    Ughhh seeing pictures of this phone everywhere is driving me nuts!! Can Verizon please just announce when it'll be sold!? I can't wait for the release date anymore! Once we know then we won't be tortured anymore!! Haha

haha. yes. please verizon stop torturing us.
    04-28-10 09:53 AM
    PLease VZW! Im on the verge of tossing my pearl into the Mississippi!
    04-28-10 11:16 AM
    thread is approaching 4,000 posts, and HALF A MILLION views.

ridiculous.

happy the phone has been announced, unhappy it's still so far away for Sprint =/
    04-28-10 11:29 AM
    thread is approaching 4,000 posts, and HALF A MILLION views.

ridiculous.
    Well if tourboy keeps posting to this thread every morning, noon and night he will keep it at the top of the forum list every day with fresh posts, however most of them are his own posts.
    PS, kudos to him for figuring out the system and making it work as well as keeping the interest in the phone alive on CB by whatever method.
    04-28-10 11:41 AM
    What is the fastest way to find out when the phone will be released after the carriers have announced it?

I used to have a Google News Update for "BlackBerry 9650" but I turned it off because it was just annoying after RIM finally announced it. I'm a Verizon customer so I'm wondering if I need to set up something similar. And is it possible that the phone will just be released without some sort of notice, like a previous post mentioned?

ETA: I just went to Verizon's site and signed up for email alerts. Is the a pretty good way of being the first to know after they announce the release date?
    Last edited by hypocaffeinemia; 04-28-10 at 12:35 PM.
    04-28-10 12:27 PM
    Oh, I am flattered at your interest but just simply using the thread for which it is intended and which is why I created it to begin with. Title of the thread still says it all...RELEASE DATE for which we are still waiting.

ENJOY!

Well if tourboy keeps posting to this thread every morning, noon and night he will keep it at the top of the forum list every day with fresh posts, however most of them are his own posts.
    PS, kudos to him for figuring out the system and making it work as well as keeping the interest in the phone alive on CB by whatever method.
    04-28-10 12:49 PM
    Yeah, seriously!

Maybe had this device been released MONTHS ago as we all anticipated, we wouldn't still be sitting here day to day wondering on the release date.

Though just got a google alert and it seems to indicate:

Update: the release date for the BlackBerry Bold 9650 is May 23, 2010 to Sprint Nextel and Verizon.

Haha, what do they say, don't hate the player, hate the game?
    04-28-10 12:57 PM
    sounds fair to me to have them released on the same day. tour 1 was, VZW isn't any specialer(how is this a word...spell check didn't pop up for it, ha) than Sprint is...except its much larger customer base.
    04-28-10 01:18 PM
    sounds fair to me to have them released on the same day. tour 1 was, VZW isn't any specialer(how is this a word...spell check didn't pop up for it, ha) than Sprint is...except its much larger customer base.
    I dont think "specialer" is a word.. try more special.
    04-28-10 01:25 PM
    Am I talking to myself here?
    04-28-10 01:32 PM
    Am I talking to myself here?
    Your e-mail alert from Verizon is as good a way as any. Of course, you could visit this forum 4,229 times a day, since when it's announced, someone will post it here within a couple of minutes. And yes, since this is an evolutionary phone rather than a revolutionary one, they may release it with little advance notice or fanfare.
    04-28-10 01:38 PM
    Okay, thank you
    04-28-10 02:34 PM
    Yeah, I can definitely see it being announced late tomorrow afternoon or the 30th for the 1st, you know, to avoid intersection with the Incredible being released.
    04-28-10 02:42 PM
    Yeah, I can definitely see it being announced late tomorrow afternoon or the 30th for the 1st, you know, to avoid intersection with the Incredible being released.

With each passing day, I hope all the more this is true, and believe less this is likely...

This is ALMOST worse (for me) than waiting for the official announcement from RIM.

MG
    04-28-10 02:59 PM
    At this point, I'm just counting on a Verizon release of May 23rd to match Sprint's release. Anything earlier will be great, but I suspect it won't be too much earlier since they want to let the Incredible have the glory (and the benefit of the advertising) for at least a little while.
    04-28-10 03:06 PM
    I think you nailed it. Too much emphasis is being place on this device regarding how it will be introduced. As you indicated, it is definitely evolutionary...kind of what the Tour should have been. However, the Bold 9650 is an improved version, just don't look for as much advertising as other phone from Verizon such as the HTC Incredible.

since this is an evolutionary phone rather than a revolutionary one, they may release it with little advance notice or fanfare.
    04-28-10 03:39 PM
23,186 ... 151152153154155 ...