i think his post was ment to be sarcastic...
    Completely.
    04-25-10 10:01 PM
    Of course there are certain factors that make the Bold more appealing than the Incredible but those factors alone don't economically add up to the raw power of the Incredible. <snip> ...when that $200 can go towards a phone with an 8mp camera, 1ghz processor, wireless N, and built in 8 gigs of storage.
    And the Android OS, don't forget to subract thousands of dollars for sharing all your email, financial information, contacts, etc. with every 13 year old who hacks into Google this week.

Android OS may be the biggest security risk and the biggest cause of ID theft ever.....
    04-26-10 12:44 AM
    RIM Unveils New BlackBerries

BlackBerry Bold 9650

According to the specifications sheet sent by RIM's public relations team, the Bold 9650 is a candy bar smartphone with a 3.2-megapixel camera, a "large, high-resolution screen, GPS and Wi-Fi (802.11b/g). It's made to work as either a quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS or dual-band CDMA/EV-DO (Rev A) phone.
    04-26-10 05:52 AM
    so to state the obvious since i din't see an "essex" release date ni the exxes release date thread... for those who haven't heard

BOLD 9650 release date (Sprint) - May 23, yes a sunday

BOLD 9650 release date (VZW) - TBD
    04-26-10 09:39 AM
    lol i think i might be becomming dislexic
    04-26-10 09:40 AM
    Finally, RIM makes it official:

BlackBerry - Press Releases
    04-26-10 10:15 AM
    "The BlackBerry Bold 9650 smartphone is expected to be available from carriers in the United States beginning in May."

We have a date for Sprint (May 23), but now waiting on a release date for Verizon.
    04-26-10 10:19 AM
    I noticed the back door on the 9650 is the same as the 9630. Does anyone know if RIM fixed the issue with the loose back door (battery door/cover)? I know many Tour owners have this issue and it appears to be a design flaw.
    04-26-10 10:24 AM
    I'm the first to admit I don't know a lot about digital cameras, but when most digital cameras out there are 10 megapixel and up, why are the cameras in blackberrys so behind the times? The best they have is a 3.2 megapixel, that seems pretty lame. Is it due to the limited size in the case, or is it a cost thing?
    04-26-10 10:26 AM
    I'm the first to admit I don't know a lot about digital cameras, but when most digital cameras out there are 10 megapixel and up, why are the cameras in blackberrys so behind the times? The best they have is a 3.2 megapixel, that seems pretty lame. Is it due to the limited size in the case, or is it a cost thing?
    Just because they have a 10 megapixel and up doesn't necessarily mean the pictures are any nicer. The size of the lenses are still pretty much the same, so the picture quality isn't that much improved.

Here's an article talking about this in NYtimes, http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/08/te...y/08pogue.html
    Last edited by reaborg; 04-26-10 at 10:37 AM.
    04-26-10 10:31 AM
    still nothing from VZW?????
    04-26-10 11:14 AM
    04-26-10 11:14 AM
    04-26-10 11:17 AM
    Just because they have a 10 megapixel and up doesn't necessarily mean the pictures are any nicer. The size of the lenses are still pretty much the same, so the picture quality isn't that much improved.

Here's an article talking about this in NYtimes, http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/08/te...y/08pogue.html
    Not entirely true but for arguments sake, wouldn't it be better for them marketing wise to put out a higher mega pixel camera to keep up with the other phone manufacturers so they can compete on a more level playing field?
    04-26-10 11:22 AM
    Exactly! That is what has happened to all the P&S cameras in recent years with the battle of who can have the highest MP; as MPs have gone up, IQ has gone down.

04-26-10 11:35 AM
    Really disappointed after waiting this long same exact body, battery door, only thing new is wifi trackpad and more memory rim dropped the ball on this one
    04-26-10 11:37 AM
    Yeah; does seems kind typical RIM...now my question still is putting it next to the HTC Incredible, doesn't the Incredible seem at least one step ahead of the 9650? I mean it really seems like it is already time for a replacement for the Bold 9650 as it would had been more impressive had it come out about 6 months ago. However, today is seems the competition has already leapfrogged up and over the Bold 9650.

Really disappointed after waiting this long same exact body, battery door, only thing new is wifi trackpad and more memory rim dropped the ball on this one
    04-26-10 11:56 AM
    lol tourboy...yes this has been all the talk in the forum for the past few hours
    04-26-10 12:01 PM
    lol tourboy...yes this has been all the talk in the forum for the past few hours
    LOL Yes, but he has to post something to keep his thread at the top!
    04-26-10 12:05 PM
    Yeah, saw the press release earlier which is why I posted it.

04-26-10 12:09 PM
    OFF TOPIC HOWEVER IT'S NOT...The Actual Cost To Make Popular Gadgets
    Actual Costs of Popular Gadgets: Part 2 | Blog | ZiggyTek

Actual Cost To Make Popular Gadgets | Blog | ZiggyTek

And can anyone tell the difference between 2 pictures one taken with a 3.5 compare to a pic taken with a higher mega pix....Unless it was printed from CVS or a top notch printing company I think 3.5 and higher will be fine....

NOW BACK TO BOLD TALK....Glad there is an announcement, now lets hope there won't be any problems when it comes out..Security, OS, Camera/Vid etc
    04-26-10 12:26 PM

And can anyone tell the difference between 2 pictures one taken with a 3.5 compare to a pic taken with a higher mega pix....Unless it was printed from CVS or a top notch printing company I think 3.5 and higher will be fine....

NOW BACK TO BOLD TALK....Glad there is an announcement, now lets hope there won't be any problems when it comes out..Security, OS, Camera/Vid etc
    04-26-10 12:34 PM

04-26-10 12:47 PM
    I think there's an echo in here.
    04-26-10 12:47 PM
    Lol monty!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 12:51 PM
23,186 ... 149150151152153 ...