Would it be idiotic to buy an Otterbox for the Tour to be used on the Bold 9650? I'm considering buying the phone on release date (or somewhat close to it) and I'd need a case.
    Idiotic...no.

Would I...no.

More then likely all tour accessories will fir the 9650 but with the slight shift of the keyboard and unknown battery door I wouldn't risk it. We saw pictures of new charging cradles that both the Tour and when it was still called the Tour2 both fit into.

So if having a case for your phone right away is important for you I would say you are safe in buying it but I don't really need a case so Im going to hold off on buying anything...until it is at least announced.
    04-21-10 07:30 PM
    Idiotic...no.

Would I...no.

More then likely all tour accessories will fir the 9650 but with the slight shift of the keyboard and unknown battery door I wouldn't risk it. We saw pictures of new charging cradles that both the Tour and when it was still called the Tour2 both fit into.

So if having a case for your phone right away is important for you I would say you are safe in buying it but I don't really need a case so Im going to hold off on buying anything...until it is at least announced.
    i agree it may be slightly biger or smaller and if thats the case then it may not fit or wiggle around in the case.

best bet is just to wait.
    04-21-10 07:49 PM
    "More then likely all tour accessories will fir the 9650 but with the slight shift of the keyboard and unknown battery door I wouldn't risk it. We saw pictures of new charging cradles that both the Tour and when it was still called the Tour2 both fit into.

So if having a case for your phone right away is important for you I would say you are safe in buying it but I don't really need a case so Im going to hold off on buying anything...until it is at least announced."

Do you think a powermat battery case would fit the 9650?
    04-21-10 08:06 PM
    "More then likely all tour accessories will fir the 9650 but with the slight shift of the keyboard and unknown battery door I wouldn't risk it. We saw pictures of new charging cradles that both the Tour and when it was still called the Tour2 both fit into.

So if having a case for your phone right away is important for you I would say you are safe in buying it but I don't really need a case so Im going to hold off on buying anything...until it is at least announced."

Do you think a powermat battery case would fit the 9650?
    No idea man
    04-21-10 08:17 PM
    It probably did, but I guess the time, the Tour seemed like a bigger step forward than what we will be getting in the Bold 9650.

price showed up on that sprint spread sheet at $199.

Can't believe people complain about that price. Didn't the tour come out at that price?
    04-22-10 10:42 AM
    It probably did, but I guess the time, the Tour seemed like a bigger step forward than what we will be getting in the Bold 9650.
    not anymore... did you see how the new Bold has its memory doubled now to 512mb? thats HUGE!
    04-22-10 10:48 AM
    very HUGE! (and an added bonus... it got people focus off of the 9670 )
    04-22-10 12:23 PM
    no, the 9700 is still king in that department

(i'm just guessing... )
    04-22-10 01:13 PM
    /crosses fingers for faster processor..

the memory boost is HUGE and edges me more towards the 9650 over the Evo 4g....just so hard to pass up on that phone still.
    04-22-10 02:13 PM
    Great, it has finally caught up to the HTC Incredible.

BTW, those considering both of these devices, check out the review of the HTC Incredible...it gets Editor's Choice!

not anymore... did you see how the new Bold has its memory doubled now to 512mb? thats HUGE!
    04-22-10 03:38 PM

BTW, those considering both of these devices, check out the review of the HTC Incredible...it gets Editor's Choice!
    Based on the reviews and videos I've seen the Incredible has lived up to it's name.And I would like to give Android a try but I just have to hold off until I can actually hold and play with each one in person. Heck,I've waited this long..............
    04-22-10 03:58 PM

yeah... it's SOOOO awesome that they only gave it 4 out of 5 stars...
    04-22-10 03:59 PM
    In tests of the Incredible it actually has a little over 740mb of ROM. I believe endgadget and some other reviews point this out.

The EVO coming out will have 1gb of ROM so twice as much as the 9650.
    04-22-10 07:03 PM
    Definitely plan on doing the same!

Based on the reviews and videos I've seen the Incredible has lived up to it's name.And I would like to give Android a try but I just have to hold off until I can actually hold and play with each one in person. Heck,I've waited this long..............
    04-22-10 07:46 PM
    Is it likely that RIM will announce such a quick release for Verizon? (WES April 27 with a release on May 1). I know nobody really knows, it just seems to me like Verizon reps would know about the phone at least a week before its release; or at least someone on Crackberry would know about a shipment of phones. But I know nothing about this process: please inform me.
    04-22-10 09:43 PM
    Well, less than a week and counting so it won't be long; we should all know by next week at this time.

Is it likely that RIM will announce such a quick release for Verizon? (WES April 27 with a release on May 1). I know nobody really knows, it just seems to me like Verizon reps would know about the phone at least a week before its release; or at least someone on Crackberry would know about a shipment of phones. But I know nothing about this process: please inform me.
    04-23-10 06:02 AM
    i bet the 9650's are sitting in a Fedex or UPS warehouse as we speak
    04-23-10 09:26 AM
    Better than that...I bet some of the Verizon stores even have them, but they are keeping them tucked away until next week.

i bet the 9650's are sitting in a Fedex or UPS warehouse as we speak
    04-23-10 01:32 PM
    ....unless of course they get shipped back to RIM again!

Better than that...I bet some of the Verizon stores even have them, but they are keeping them tucked away until next week.
    04-23-10 02:04 PM
    with no leaks? doubtful, but maybe
    04-23-10 02:37 PM
    Nah, not this time. My problem now is I just cannot decide between the Bold 9650 and the HTC Incredible.

The Incredible has been getting some "incredible" reviews:

Rated 4.5 out of 5

8.7 out of 10 - the HTC Droid Incredible takes pole position as Verizon's top smartphone and is now the Android device to beat....Not sure the Bold 9650 and going to be able to say that or even come close.

It is as if the Bold 9650 came out about 6 months ago, it could possibly rank near the top, but the competition has improved SO MUCH since then, the 9650 might just miss the mark...can we ask when next generation 9670 is due out?

....unless of course they get shipped back to RIM again!
    Last edited by tourboy; 04-23-10 at 03:29 PM.
    04-23-10 03:27 PM
    It is as if the Bold 9650 came out about 6 months ago, it could possibly rank near the top, but the competition has improved SO MUCH since then, the 9650 might just miss the mark...can we ask when next generation 9670 is due out?
    9670 right now is the device number for the new flip?..
    04-23-10 04:46 PM
    testman has been down for the past few days...
    04-23-10 06:58 PM
    testman has been down for the past few days...
    No it hasn't... and its up right now still.
    04-23-10 07:16 PM
    Think so; ok, whatever the next increment would be then.

9670 right now is the device number for the new flip?..
    04-23-10 08:07 PM
23,186 ... 147148149150151 ...