Still trying to figure the price justification if the only real changes are the processor and trackpad.
    and the name.

Bold means it's the executive series so they can charge more...
    04-21-10 01:22 PM
    tourboy you should change your name to boldboy!
    04-21-10 01:27 PM
    Still trying to figure the price justification if the only real changes are the processor and trackpad.
    Where did you read the processor is different?
    04-21-10 01:30 PM
    I hope its true I'll get the phone after my final and before work.

I personally hate sprints customer service as they screwed me several times in the 4 or so years I was with them. Also their service sucks out here. Therefor I will happily pay a little more for my plan for both better service and better customer service where I don't get the shaft.

Here's to may 1st
    04-21-10 01:33 PM
    Where did you read the processor is different?
    they have said that it is the processor out of the storm2 so that it can support open GL and webkit and possibly os 6.0
    04-21-10 01:47 PM
    yeah that should be changed, lol
    04-21-10 01:47 PM
    Do we know if the 9700 can support OS 6.0?
    04-21-10 01:49 PM
    i heard someone saying that all trackpad devices will support it.
    04-21-10 01:51 PM
    AHHHH!!! Good one!

04-21-10 01:53 PM
    The S2 processor may or may not be real, like most everything else about this phone. If you look at Wireless and Mobile News, they have a list of features they think are included, including the S2 processor, but if you read it really carefully and go back through the threads in this forum very closely, I'm about 99% sure you'll find that the items confirmed in that report are just a cut and paste (see the line at "Better camera") from a posting here! Some of it is true based on previous reports, but part may just be a wish list. Still I'm wishing....

Bold New News: BlackBerry Bold 9650 @ WES 4 Sale May Day? - WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS

"What we do know for sure about the new BlackBerry Bold 9650:

* The trackball has been replaced with a trackpad that works well.
    * It's about the same size as the original BlackBerry Tour.
    * It has a faster processor, the same as the BlackBerry Storm2, which makes it run faster.
    * The BlackBerry Tour2 9650 has Wi-Fi.
    * The bottom row of keys is slightly shorter than the original BlackBerry Tour.
    * Better camera. (Some forum members have suggested that to compete with other smartphones it should be 5 MP.)
    * Different green call key.
    04-21-10 02:09 PM
    The S2 processor may or may not be real, like most everything else about this phone. If you look at Wireless and Mobile News, they have a list of features they think are included, including the S2 processor, but if you read it really carefully and go back through the threads in this forum very closely, I'm about 99% sure you'll find that the items confirmed in that report are just a cut and paste (see the line at "Better camera") from a posting here! Some of it is true based on previous reports, but part may just be a wish list. Still I'm wishing....

Bold New News: BlackBerry Bold 9650 @ WES 4 Sale May Day? - WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS

* The trackball has been replaced with a trackpad that works well. true
    * It's about the same size as the original BlackBerry Tour.true
    * It has a faster processor, the same as the BlackBerry Storm2, which makes it run faster.hasnt been confirmed. some say it is just the 5.0 that makes it run smoother
    * The BlackBerry Tour2 9650 has Wi-Fi.true
    * The bottom row of keys is slightly shorter than the original BlackBerry Tour.true
    * Better camera. (Some forum members have suggested that to compete with other smartphones it should be 5 MP.) false.look at the crackberry pics of the device. it clearly says 3.2mp
    * Different green call key.true
    look at all that is in the bold.
    04-21-10 02:25 PM
    glad you were here to do that..

thre has been guess and rumor quoted and requoted by some as if repetition would make it fact.

look at all that is in the bold.
    04-21-10 02:31 PM
    the 9700 can do it all
    04-21-10 02:40 PM
    Which still has me scratching my head...all of that is worth $200 MORE than the current Tour 9630?

Maybe its just me, but seems like with the HTC Incredible, the price is somewhat more justifiable?

* It has a faster processor, the same as the BlackBerry Storm2, which makes it run faster.
    * Better camera. (Some forum members have suggested that to compete with other smartphones it should be 5 MP.)
    04-21-10 03:14 PM
    Which still has me scratching my head...all of that is worth $200 MORE than the current Tour 9630?

Maybe its just me, but seems like with the HTC Incredible, the price is somewhat more justifiable?
    i dont believe it will even be worth it for the current tour owners.
    but i think us curve 83xx owners are foaming at the mouth for this bold.
    04-21-10 03:37 PM
    i dont believe it will even be worth it for the current tour owners.
    but i think us curve 83xx owners are foaming at the mouth for this bold.
    Right on! I'm an 8330 owner and I am desperate for wi-fi. I could have just given in and picked up the newest Curve when it came out, but I heard rumors back in October about this new and mysterious "Essex" coming out soon. Now 7 months later I'm still waiting for it, and I JUST WANT A BLACKBERRY WITH WI-FI ALREADY!!!
    04-21-10 03:44 PM
    glad you were here to do that..

thre has been guess and rumor quoted and requoted by some as if repetition would make it fact.
    Yes, thank you, eve6er69. And mystic205's comment is dead on target, too. Hopefully, they'll announce late next week and give us the real specs.
    04-21-10 04:01 PM

Um where have you seen that the ones in bold have been confirmed?

It is *believed* that a different processor is in it to better support OS 6.

And it is *believed * that the camera is a 3.2, just like all the test units have had.
    04-21-10 04:06 PM
    Right on! I'm an 8330 owner and I am desperate for wi-fi. I could have just given in and picked up the newest Curve when it came out, but I heard rumors back in October about this new and mysterious "Essex" coming out soon. Now 7 months later I'm still waiting for it, and I JUST WANT A BLACKBERRY WITH WI-FI ALREADY!!!
    i just want rev-a speeds and memory and the processor. anything is better than this 300mhz on the curve.
    04-21-10 04:07 PM
    Um where have you seen that the ones in bold have been confirmed?

It is *believed* that a different processor is in it to better support OS 6.

And it is *believed * that the camera is a 3.2, just like all the test units have had.
    i corrected it. look at my re posting and you will see the poster acknowledged the mistake.
    04-21-10 04:08 PM
    AFAIK the price hasn't been confirmed, has it?

I'd guess the price will be the same as the 9630 price when the 9630 was first released, just a guess....
    04-21-10 04:47 PM
    would be quite awesome, and not completely out of the realm of possibility (especially after seeing the 9670) if the 9650 got a 5.0 MP cam... that would make people go ape-$#!t
    04-21-10 04:53 PM
    AFAIK the price hasn't been confirmed, has it?

I'd guess the price will be the same as the 9630 price when the 9630 was first released, just a guess....
    price showed up on that sprint spread sheet at $199.

Can't believe people complain about that price. Didn't the tour come out at that price?
    04-21-10 04:57 PM
    Would it be idiotic to buy an Otterbox for the Tour to be used on the Bold 9650? I'm considering buying the phone on release date (or somewhat close to it) and I'd need a case.
    04-21-10 07:08 PM
    Would it be idiotic to buy an Otterbox for the Tour to be used on the Bold 9650? I'm considering buying the phone on release date (or somewhat close to it) and I'd need a case.
    If so I am an ***** too as I had the same thought !
    04-21-10 07:26 PM
23,186 ... 146147148149150 ...