Huge News, just received word that Sprint will be releasing the Blackberry Bold 9650 on May 16th at $199.99

Will have a picture when I return to the office Monday
    I'm trying to not get excited by this. Man, I hope you are right. I am suffering with a Rumor 2 at the moment and miss my Blackberry phones. My brother is also holding off on his upgrade for this phone. He has an Instink.
    04-17-10 11:42 PM
    WES 2010 is coming April 27-29...should be interesting if the 9650 is actually release before then or how its handled.
    04-18-10 01:39 PM
    WES 2010 is coming April 27-29...should be interesting if the 9650 is actually release before then or how its handled.
    Might be announced there, but will not be launched/released for retail purchase until after. Probably in May, but won't be surprised to see another delay of some sort knowing RIM and Verizon.
    04-18-10 02:22 PM
    post #3744 and perhaps the first post on topic?..

Huge News, just received word that Sprint will be releasing the Blackberry Bold 9650 on May 16th at $199.99

Will have a picture when I return to the office Monday
    04-18-10 03:34 PM
    like the dog story

id have to agree with you that replacing the screen doesnt seem like a very cost effective way to go.

go with reactivating the 8330 and maybe upgrade it to 5.0
    Update on dog tale: I re-activated my 8330 and was, once again, surprised at how much better the 8330 kbd is for me personally (as always, YMMV!)

I have now cleaned and polished my 9630 and re-activated it, the scratches aren't really that bad now, the phone looks awful but the worst scratches aren't really bad unless I look at the screen from the side.

I haven't decided yet but I think I can live with the 9630 now for the better camera and the SIM card slot. Both phones do all I need but the 9630 is also unlocked and has a T-Mobile prepaid SIM card for when I visit my sister (VZW has no bars in her house, T-Mo at least allows me to phone home.)
    04-18-10 03:55 PM
    post #3744 and perhaps the first post on topic?..
    This is great news I'm sick off my curve and I'm set for a free upgrade bye bye curve8530 its been boring

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-10 07:22 PM
    I'm still holding tight to the idea of getting a BB even though the Incredible seems...incredible. My friend showed me his BB9700 today with his new Otterbox Commuter case and it looked cool and really business-y lol
    04-18-10 08:30 PM
    I was thinking about the Incredible but can't see myself spending 299.99 for it then waiting for the rebate. I mean I know the specs are pretty awesome, but yeah blackberry's been around a long time and seems pretty solid to me. I'm not waiting anymore if this is gonna just be a tour with a trackpad, i'll get the 9630. my friend's had his original curve for over 2 years, no probs with trackball once. I'm able to upgrade april 22 and am sick of the Dare, so yeah I'm gettin the 9630 and I'll be happy I hope. And if hte essex/bold/tour2/fairygodmotherphone comes out within 30 days, I'll check it out and possibly swap and pay the difference.
    04-18-10 10:52 PM
    I would wait for like a week, till at least the 27th so if the 9650 does drop on that date, like we are lead to believe right now, then you could go back and get it. (Assuming you are on VZW)
    04-18-10 11:09 PM
    May 16th for Sprint??? I thought VZN would get it first...

Sprint to release BlackBerry Bold 9650 on May 16th? (Phone Arena News)
    04-18-10 11:31 PM

Late to the party, aren't we?

Haha jk man. But yeah thats what the report of the day has been. No more info on it then exactly what you see there.

Maybe we will get some more info tomorrow when people are back at work and look around.
    04-19-10 12:11 AM
    oh dont worry about it.. it must be our turn to get the batch with the bad battery doors and the buggy OS!

04-19-10 07:40 AM
    Well guys, the same source that I was gonna post is everywhere now, so I won't bother with redundancy. Let's just hope there's no more delays!

But for what it's worth, this is the first time I've EVER seen the phone officially acknowledged by Sprint, so it's definitely good news and I think 5/16 will be the final.
    04-19-10 08:06 AM
    But for what it's worth, this is the first time I've EVER seen the phone officially acknowledged by Sprint, so it's definitely good news and I think 5/16 will be the final.
    Ha ha! Say it again, please! With this phone, I think we've all realized that nothing is final until we are holding the phone in our hands. We all hope you are right though!
    04-19-10 10:05 AM
    Good news!

BlackBerry Bold 9650 being announced at WES, available May 1st?

Might be announced there, but will not be launched/released for retail purchase until after. Probably in May, but won't be surprised to see another delay of some sort knowing RIM and Verizon.
    04-19-10 03:37 PM
    Ha ha! Say it again, please! With this phone, I think we've all realized that nothing is final until we are holding the phone in our hands. We all hope you are right though!
    A FINAL version too, we have had plenty scrapped/early production models!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 04:10 PM
    Anyone think Bestbuy will have it for $149? I know they did for the Tour at release so I wonder if this will be the same.
    04-19-10 04:18 PM
    I take this all back.. the prototypes go to verizon after all! lol.....

oh dont worry about it.. it must be our turn to get the batch with the bad battery doors and the buggy OS!
    04-19-10 04:20 PM
    I take this all back.. the prototypes go to verizon after all! lol.....
    Didn't Sprint and Verizon release/launch the Tour 1 on the same day? Seems like more Sprint people were complaining about the early trackball problems and battery doors, but we did not buy any until around October and I was not paying that much attention, but we have not had those problems on the 6 T1s we now own and use daily.
    04-19-10 05:01 PM
    Sounds good to me, but won't believe it until I see it. However, BGR usually never lets me down.
    04-19-10 05:26 PM
    You guys see the pictures of the Iphone that was left at a bar in CA? Apparently it is the new one coming out and is sexy as ****. It was in a case that made it look like a normal Iphone 3G. I may have to hold out to see if this bad boy is going to be coming to Verizon.

Check it out on engadget. Tons of pics.
    04-19-10 06:59 PM
    You guys see the pictures of the Iphone that was left at a bar in CA? Apparently it is the new one coming out and is sexy as ****. It was in a case that made it look like a normal Iphone 3G. I may have to hold out to see if this bad boy is going to be coming to Verizon.

Check it out on engadget. Tons of pics.
    take that iPhone talk out of here!!!

and yeah I thought it looked bad. Those button make it look so cheep. I don't think it will be looking like that at all once it gets released.
    Last edited by kram941; 04-19-10 at 07:13 PM.
    04-19-10 07:03 PM
    I think this time the device will finally materialize.

Sounds good to me, but won't believe it until I see it. However, BGR usually never lets me down.
    04-19-10 08:33 PM
    I think this time the device will finally materialize.
    "Materialize" is an interesting way to put it lol
    04-19-10 08:50 PM
    Call it whatever you like, but it won't be long now

"Materialize" is an interesting way to put it lol
    04-20-10 05:38 AM
23,186 ... 144145146147148 ...