I personally do not see this phone selling that well.

Verizon and Sprint both have their flagship phones dropping about the same time as the Bold 9650. Both companies will be advertising the crap out of the EVO and Incredible.

There is no way they will spend extra money to advertise the BOLD.
    not to mention the bold doesnt have anything innovative or cutting edge to justify advertising dollars... it'll be a quite storm 2 type release
    04-16-10 11:00 AM
    ... With the Incredible and EVO coming out around the same time, I can't see how this phone even compares to either of them. I'm done waiting on this to drop, the more I look at the EVO the more it is calling me.
    It's so true. I've been checking the EVO quite often now and learning about it. It's very tempting. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks in late May and early June when the 9650 and the EVO come out about the same time. Love the physical keyboard, but the Android 2.1 OS and the 4.3" screen are quite nice. We'll see.
    04-16-10 11:43 AM
    It's so true. I've been checking the EVO quite often now and learning about it. It's very tempting. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks in late May and early June when the 9650 and the EVO come out about the same time. Love the physical keyboard, but the Android 2.1 OS and the 4.3" screen are quite nice. We'll see.
    me too. I was one of those people who said "i would never ever get rid of my blackberry" but with the EVO it just does so damn much and its so customizeable.

I will definetly miss the physical keyboard but i think the rest of the stuff the EVO can do will make up for it.
    04-16-10 12:32 PM
    04-16-10 01:13 PM
    6 weeks too many....

Way to release this phone at the same time a number of Android phones are released as well as the 4G iPhone.

I am not sure who to blame...but either VZW or RIM may have the worse marketing department in business. It took RIM 6 months to add a track pad and Wi-fi? Pretty sad if you ask me...pretty sad indeed.
    04-16-10 01:43 PM
    6 weeks too many....

Way to release this phone at the same time a number of Android phones are released as well as the 4G iPhone.

I am not sure who to blame...but either VZW or RIM may have the worse marketing department in business. It took RIM 6 months to add a track pad and Wi-fi? Pretty sad if you ask me...pretty sad indeed.
    Don't forget the Bold name on the back!
    04-16-10 01:44 PM
    Wow guys I really don't know what to do. I want to stay with BB and keep a physical keypad, but some of the other andriod phones coming out really seem to blow the Tour 2 out of the water.
    04-16-10 02:32 PM
    Funny, but if you notice on the left hand side of the spec sheet it says "Unapproved Access Your ID has been captured and sent to Corporate Security" Lol
    04-16-10 02:32 PM
    oh yeah forgot about the new Iphone coming out around the same time also.

You got the EVO, Incredible, and new Iphone all around the same time. 3 of the most anticapted phones of the year.

the BOLD has no chance.
    04-16-10 04:43 PM
    Funny, but if you notice on the left hand side of the spec sheet it says "Unapproved Access Your ID has been captured and sent to Corporate Security" Lol
    That's bizarre: If the system can determine that the access is unauthorized, why would it allow access? I can't think of any reason a sysadmin would setup something like that. It makes the whole thing suspect.
    04-16-10 04:51 PM
    Wow guys I really don't know what to do. I want to stay with BB and keep a physical keypad, but some of the other andriod phones coming out really seem to blow the Tour 2 out of the water.
    I'm with you! I love all of the apps available for the Android phones but touchscreens, battery life and true phone reception have me afraid to pull the trigger.
    04-16-10 05:04 PM
    That's bizarre: If the system can determine that the access is unauthorized, why would it allow access? I can't think of any reason a sysadmin would setup something like that. It makes the whole thing suspect.
    totally agree, the closest thing i see to that is having you logged in as guest.
    04-16-10 05:33 PM
    I'm with you! I love all of the apps available for the Android phones but touchscreens, battery life and true phone reception have me afraid to pull the trigger.
    Apps really aren't the biggest point for me. Yes the iPhone has an incredible amount of apps, but how many of them would you actually use on a day to day basis? To me, apps are just a side benefit, not a sole divider of whether or not I get a certain phone.
    04-16-10 06:55 PM
    Apps really aren't the biggest point for me. Yes the iPhone has an incredible amount of apps, but how many of them would you actually use on a day to day basis? To me, apps are just a side benefit, not a sole divider of whether or not I get a certain phone.
    There is a "coolness" factor to the apps and I will admit that they have me wavering but in a couple months we will be dropping our landline and just using our cells and at the end of the day, I need a reliable phone and battery and I KNOW that Blackberry does that well which is why I will probably hold out for the 9650. The android phones are tempting though.

Like you said though, how many will you really use? I'm a stay at home mom going to school for medical transcription so I am happy if I can have my medical dictionary, calendar, Bank of America, shopping list and a to do list. Blackberry can do that for me.
    04-16-10 08:20 PM
    There is a "coolness" factor to the apps and I will admit that they have me wavering but in a couple months we will be dropping our landline and just using our cells and at the end of the day, I need a reliable phone and battery and I KNOW that Blackberry does that well which is why I will probably hold out for the 9650. The android phones are tempting though.

Like you said though, how many will you really use? I'm a stay at home mom going to school for medical transcription so I am happy if I can have my medical dictionary, calendar, Bank of America, shopping list and a to do list. Blackberry can do that for me.
    Blackberry has many very good apps that work well and do what I need them to do for my work as well as it is a great phone. I have 2 PCs, a laptop and a PS3 to play games, watch videos, dvds, etc. besides my LCD televisions to watch TV, not to mention an mp3 player and high end home theater/stereo system to listen to music.
    BTW, you can get an extended life battery and/or a charging stand to keep your phone ready to use at any time.
    04-16-10 09:23 PM
    To me, it is the overall package.

04-17-10 08:23 AM
    I'm now eagerly awaiting the Essex/Tour2/Bold9650/yournamehere release date because of a severe reading disability.... WonderDog (you wonder why we keep such a mis-behaving monster!) saw, at the top of the 9630 "BlackBerry" and at the bottom he saw "VeriZon" and thought, "Mmmm, that spells CHEWTOY!"

I need a new phone. I'll probably re-activate my 8330 for now or I may just get a 9700 and jump to T-Mobile.

Believe it or not, the 9630 still works, RIM builds 'em tough, but the screen is VERY badly scratched, I can live with the scratches elsewhere but the screen is a problem and I'm not sure putting a new screen/case on it would be cost effective?
    04-17-10 12:13 PM
    I'm now eagerly awaiting the Essex/Tour2/Bold9650/yournamehere release date because of a severe reading disability.... WonderDog (you wonder why we keep such a mis-behaving monster!) saw, at the top of the 9630 "BlackBerry" and at the bottom he saw "VeriZon" and thought, "Mmmm, that spells CHEWTOY!"

I need a new phone. I'll probably re-activate my 8330 for now or I may just get a 9700 and jump to T-Mobile.

Believe it or not, the 9630 still works, RIM builds 'em tough, but the screen is VERY badly scratched, I can live with the scratches elsewhere but the screen is a problem and I'm not sure putting a new screen/case on it would be cost effective?
    like the dog story

id have to agree with you that replacing the screen doesnt seem like a very cost effective way to go.

go with reactivating the 8330 and maybe upgrade it to 5.0
    there are hybrid OS upgrades you can do for it. i have this one :
    Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Blackberry Curve 8330 OS 5.0 Installation

it took a little bit of work to get it working how i wanted but now its like i have a brand new phone.
    04-17-10 02:16 PM
    I was running the Nathanix 4.0 last time I used it, it worked very well so I'll probably stick with it?

I'm sure going to miss the Tour's better camera.......
    04-17-10 02:48 PM
    Huge News, just received word that Sprint will be releasing the Blackberry Bold 9650 on May 16th at $199.99

Will have a picture when I return to the office Monday
    04-17-10 08:14 PM
    That's why you get an iPod Touch so that you can enjoy the apps without having to suffer with AT&T as your carrier.
    Already do. :P Won one last semester in a drawing at my college. Unfortunately though, half of the apps I would like to run need internet and when you are out and about, wifi isn't always available. No worries though.

phobium: Where did you hear that from? Where is an all points bulletin at work or something? :P
    04-17-10 08:16 PM
    Huge News, just received word that Sprint will be releasing the Blackberry Bold 9650 on May 16th at $199.99

Really????????
    May I ask how you know this?
    If true, I'm jumping up and down in my bed...lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 09:02 PM
    To me, it is the overall package.
    "Thats what she said" - Michael Scott, The Office.
    04-17-10 09:19 PM

Hmm, the old Sunday release date, 10 days before Verizon drops theirs... very interesting...
    04-17-10 09:22 PM

Where did you hear this info? And yes a pic asap would be great.
    04-17-10 09:35 PM
23,186 ... 143144145146147 ...