For what it's worth.....was written today (deep sigh):

BlackBerry OS Leak: Bold 9650 5.0.0.591 BlackBerry OS Leak: Bold 9650 5.0.0.591 | GizmoFusion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 06:18 PM
    As much as I hate to say it, from what I've seen of the Incredible I'm slowly changing my thoughts. RIM needs to hurry up before I change my mind completely. The only thing keeping me away is that pesky touch screen, never been a big fan (I strongly dislike my Voyager these days.....)
    04-14-10 06:44 PM
    I heard that the 9650 was going to come preloaded with Duke Nukem Forever.
    04-14-10 08:13 PM
    As much as I hate to say it, from what I've seen of the Incredible I'm slowly changing my thoughts. RIM needs to hurry up before I change my mind completely.
    Don't feel bad. There are many of us who feel the same way. I have been dreaming about this T2 since December. Seriously, I'm more excited about the Incredible than the T2/Bold 9650...unless, RIM really made some additional improvements that we don't know about. Yep, I've had it with waiting!
    04-14-10 08:22 PM
    04-14-10 08:42 PM
    Don't feel bad. There are many of us who feel the same way. I have been dreaming about this T2 since December. Seriously, I'm more excited about the Incredible than the T2/Bold 9650...unless, RIM really made some additional improvements that we don't know about. Yep, I've had it with waiting!
    i'm the same way. The Incredible is looking awfully nice!
    04-14-10 09:12 PM
    yeah I don't think that is a great source for info. They say its going to have a 5MP Camera...first time I've heard that. Doubt that is happening.
    04-14-10 09:19 PM
    Yeah, the other thing I like on the Incredible is the speech recognition.

i'm the same way. The Incredible is looking awfully nice!
    04-15-10 05:39 AM
    Official press release on Verizon/Incredible April 29 release

I feel guilty because actually I love my little Curve 8330 in its own quirky way, but I am just too tempted by what the Incredible can do. I'm trying it. I sure hope RIM was doing more than just rebranding the 9650 over the past 3 months, because if not they are about to look kinda dumb. Sigh.
    04-15-10 12:13 PM
    I can heard the Jeopardy song while we're all waiting

04-15-10 12:47 PM
    Official press release on Verizon/Incredible April 29 release

I feel guilty because actually I love my little Curve 8330 in its own quirky way, but I am just too tempted by what the Incredible can do. I'm trying it. I sure hope RIM was doing more than just rebranding the 9650 over the past 3 months, because if not they are about to look kinda dumb. Sigh.
    Does this mean that the 9650 will not drop before 4/29? Or, could it still be "quickie" released liked the Storm2?
    04-15-10 01:05 PM
    Let's just say I can see Verizon spending more advertising on the Incredible than the Bold 9650 at this point.

Does this mean that the 9650 will not drop before 4/29? Or, could it still be "quickie" released liked the Storm2?
    04-15-10 01:07 PM
    Let's just say I can see Verizon spending more advertising on the Incredible than the Bold 9650 at this point.
    agreed... i think at this point it would be counter productive for verizon to spend advertising dollars on the bold 9650 (basically a tour with trackpad and wifi)... if i were verizon i'd be pretty embarasshed to advertise tat phone after phones like the incredible comming out on my network with 8mp cam... snapdragon.. etc etc... it'd be almost like a comedy... show a ferrari and then show case a hummer... it's looking more and more of a quiet storm 2 type relsease... bold 9650 just doesnt have the cutting edge tech/specs to justify a big marketing campaigne... there is only so many times one can brag about the trackpad/wifi b4 it gets old... any thought?
    04-15-10 02:20 PM
    They'll probably start using the 9650 in their PTT ads, replacing the Tour, when it comes out, but I don't expect to see very many high profile ads proclaiming "Buy our exciting new phone, the Blackberry Bold 9650!" I agree, at this point, while it should still be a very good workhorse phone, it's not an exciting, ground-breaking phone that deserves all that much build-up or hype.
    04-15-10 02:32 PM
    agreed... i think at this point it would be counter productive for verizon to spend advertising dollars on the bold 9650 (basically a tour with trackpad and wifi)... if i were verizon i'd be pretty embarasshed to advertise tat phone after phones like the incredible comming out on my network with 8mp cam... snapdragon.. etc etc... it'd be almost like a comedy... show a ferrari and then show case a hummer... it's looking more and more of a quiet storm 2 type relsease... bold 9650 just doesnt have the cutting edge tech/specs to justify a big marketing campaigne... there is only so many times one can brag about the trackpad/wifi b4 it gets old... any thought?
    Guys, you have to remember these phones aren't aimed at the same market. The 9650 will be a great email/texting phone and that will grab the attention of business people who type on their phones all day. A lot of people can't live with out a physical keyboard and this phone will be one of the better keyboard phones offered by Verizon

All these touchscreen phones, while definitely will make its way into the business market, are more for the young and hip crowd who want their phone to do everything, and by really flashy.

I know I would be the only one at my work that would consider getting the incredible and everyone else would stick with the blackberry because it is simple to use and they need their keyboards.
    04-15-10 02:34 PM
    Guys, you have to remember these phones aren't aimed at the same market. The 9650 will be a great email/texting phone and that will grab the attention of business people who type on their phones all day. A lot of people can't live with out a physical keyboard and this phone will be one of the better keyboard phones offered by Verizon

All these touchscreen phones, while definitely will make its way into the business market, are more for the young and hip crowd who want their phone to do everything, and by really flashy.

I know I would be the only one at my work that would consider getting the incredible and everyone else would stick with the blackberry because it is simple to use and they need their keyboards.
    yeah but the point is that it wont get a big marketing campaigne... its going to be released quietly w/out a big fuss... it wont be at the verizon stores one day and be there the next day w/out warning.. unless RIM themselves announce it at WES... verizon will just start running ads once the phones r in store and have no other phones to brag about like the incredible
    04-15-10 02:38 PM
    The 9650 will be a great email/texting phone and that will grab the attention of business people who type on their phones all day. A lot of people can't live with out a physical keyboard and this phone will be one of the better keyboard phones offered by Verizon.
    I don't know about that. It's the same old argument that I always hear around here- QWERTY keyboards are for the serious "typist" or business user. I punch out 50-60 emails a day on my phone. I liked the keyboard on my 8330 better than the one on my 9630. Admittedly, I have big hands and I find the 9630 keyboard "cramped" feeling compared to my old Curve. The 9650 will have a keyboard that is a little smaller yet- at least for the bottom row of keys. Worse yet for me...

I also use an iPod Touch for media as I like it better for music and video than anything on my Berry. So I carry both devices. I can type as well and as fast on my flat screen Touch as I could on my Curve and most of the time faster/better than I could/can on my Tour.

I'm with you, I was chomping at the bit 3 or 6 months ago for the Tour 2 (AKA Bold). Now it's starting to strike me as a little bit of "yesterday's news" tech wise, so I think I'll give the Incredible a serious look when it's released and then decide whether or not to pull the trigger on a 9650.
    04-15-10 03:21 PM
    04-15-10 06:00 PM
    Isn't that PDAdb site not very reliable? So I wouldn't really go crazy over what they say, although I do believe there won't be much improved internally. Please RIM prove me wrong!

04-15-10 06:12 PM
    True, and keep in mind they will be releasing several other devices around the same time.

They'll probably start using the 9650 in their PTT ads, replacing the Tour, when it comes out, but I don't expect to see very many high profile ads proclaiming "Buy our exciting new phone, the Blackberry Bold 9650!" I agree, at this point, while it should still be a very good workhorse phone, it's not an exciting, ground-breaking phone that deserves all that much build-up or hype.
    04-16-10 05:54 AM
    crackberry BlackBerry Bold 9650 Features and Specifications - Releasing May 27th? http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...specifications

04-16-10 08:49 AM
    Its looking more and more like the only change from the original essex/Tour2 is the Bold branding on the back.
    Pathetic

10 char
    04-16-10 09:45 AM
    Pathetic

10 char
    Pathetic doesn't even start to describe what this is.. I have, like everyone else been waiting since last November for this phone to drop, I've played with the Tour and figured, more memory, faster processor, trackpad, wifi, can't go wrong. Well 6 months later, we are all still waiting for it, and it hasn't changed one bit from when it should have been released back in December, other then the BOLD BRANDING and OS updates! With the Incredible and EVO coming out around the same time, I can't see how this phone even compares to either of them. I'm done waiting on this to drop, the more I look at the EVO the more it is calling me. Sorry for ranting..
    04-16-10 10:08 AM
    .. its getting really hard to resist the EVO..
    04-16-10 10:53 AM
    I personally do not see this phone selling that well.

Verizon and Sprint both have their flagship phones dropping about the same time as the Bold 9650. Both companies will be advertising the crap out of the EVO and Incredible.

There is no way they will spend extra money to advertise the BOLD.
    04-16-10 10:58 AM
23,186 ... 142143144145146 ...