yea, this was posted already . funny thing is they updated the list and removed the 9650..
    04-14-10 12:19 AM
    i almost bought a droid, but then i went into the store and tried to use the keyboard. ugh. how does anyone type on that thing???
    i kept hitting the top half of the phone with my thumbs instead of the top row of keys... (i would end up hitting J instead of U or I) i decided i would have to wait for the 9650 instead
    04-14-10 12:52 AM
    That was the sort of problem I was having with the Tour which caused me to return in. Debating now between the 9650 and HTC Incredible.

i almost bought a droid, but then i went into the store and tried to use the keyboard. ugh. how does anyone type on that thing???
    i kept hitting the top half of the phone with my thumbs instead of the top row of keys... (i would end up hitting J instead of U or I) i decided i would have to wait for the 9650 instead
    04-14-10 06:47 AM
    Its funny cause over on the Android forum everyone says the same thing about the Tour. LOL

Realize no device is perfect, but would be great to get some honest feedback on both devices now they are less than 2 weeks away.

For anyone else comparing, here are the specs on the Incredible:

� 4.63″ x 2.3″ x 0.47″, 4.59 oz.
    � Android 2.1 �Eclair� with Sense UI
    � 1GHz Snapdragon QSG8650 processor
    � 512MB ROM / 512MB RAM
    � Dual-band EV-DO Rev. A
    � 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
    � GPS
    � 3.7″ WVGA OLED capacitive display
    � 8 megapixel camera with auto-focus and video capture
    � HTML browser with Flash Lite 4.0
    � Microsoft Exchange support
    � 8GB internal memory
    � microSD support for up to 32GB
    � 3.5mm headphone jack
    � Accelerometer
    � 312 minutes talk time / 149 hours standby
    � Pre-loaded with Google Calendar, Gmail, Search, Maps, Latitude, Navigation and Talk

A couple of things I really like about the Incredible is the browser (Blackberry should look long and hard). Also, the speech recognition is a MAJOR thumbs up in my book.

Other (honest) comparisons?

04-14-10 09:22 AM
    Bold 9650 is on US Cellular's rebate form, right above the htc desire.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-de...ar-rebate-form
    Last edited by Snipperdo17; 04-14-10 at 12:12 PM.
    04-14-10 10:30 AM
    April 29 looks really good for Incredible and Bold 9650. Not a forecast, just hope!

Its funny cause over on the Android forum everyone says the same thing about the Tour. LOL

Realize no device is perfect, but would be great to get some honest feedback on both devices now they are less than 2 weeks away.

For anyone else comparing, here are the specs on the Incredible:

• 4.63″ x 2.3″ x 0.47″, 4.59 oz.
    • Android 2.1 “Eclair” with Sense UI
    • 1GHz Snapdragon QSG8650 processor
    • 512MB ROM / 512MB RAM
    • Dual-band EV-DO Rev. A
    • 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
    • GPS
    • 3.7″ WVGA OLED capacitive display
    • 8 megapixel camera with auto-focus and video capture
    • HTML browser with Flash Lite 4.0
    • Microsoft Exchange support
    • 8GB internal memory
    • microSD support for up to 32GB
    • 3.5mm headphone jack
    • Accelerometer
    • 312 minutes talk time / 149 hours standby
    • Pre-loaded with Google Calendar, Gmail, Search, Maps, Latitude, Navigation and Talk

A couple of things I really like about the Incredible is the browser (Blackberry should look long and hard). Also, the speech recognition is a MAJOR thumbs up in my book.

Other (honest) comparisons?
    04-14-10 10:32 AM
    Bold 9650 is on US Cellular's rebate form, right above the htc desire.

http://http://www.androidcentral.com...ar-rebate-form

Link doesn't seem to be working for me.

Edit:

Nevermind, you just have http in the link twice
    Last edited by kram941; 04-14-10 at 12:02 PM.
    04-14-10 11:58 AM
    For me, it is the LAST HOPE!

Heard April 25 floating around too for the Incredible.

April 29 looks really good for Incredible and Bold 9650. Not a forecast, just hope!
    04-14-10 12:06 PM
    Link doesn't seem to be working for me.

Edit:

Nevermind, you just have http in the link twice
    Fixed it. Thanks
    04-14-10 12:12 PM
    It all comes down to these two:

04-14-10 12:27 PM
    As a Sprint customer, it's between Evo and Bold 9650 for me.
    04-14-10 01:01 PM
    It all comes down to these two:

Thats how it is for me. I'm thinking I'll probably be going with the Incredible though since its coming out on the 29th and the Bold is still missing in action.
    04-14-10 01:38 PM
    I saw the following on twitter:

mobiledia Verizon to Launch HTC Droid Incredible on April 29 Verizon to Launch HTC Droid Incredible on April 29 - Mobiledia 29 minutes ago

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-10 02:32 PM
    still no prospective release date?

i feel RIM is dropping the ball and letting all the other smartphone makers surpass them.
    04-14-10 02:32 PM
    With today's accidental leak of the 4/29 release date for the Incredible, it seems I'll be able to give it a good try and stand a good chance of swapping for the 9650 within my 30 day trial if I don't like it, assuming Essex materializes in May as most expect. And I intend to do just that - sorry, RIM.

Does anyone know if the Sense UI on the Incredible will have two-way Exchange sync for messages, contacts and calendar? I don't really need a physical keyboard but I do need those 3 exchange sync items. I believe the Nexus One doesn't yet do Exchange calendar....
    04-14-10 02:37 PM

i feel RIM is dropping the ball and letting all the other smartphone makers surpass them.
    I don't think that they are dropping the ball. I think that RIM just doesn't care very much about the CDMA market.
    04-14-10 02:40 PM

Nope nothing.

It would be hilarious if this phone just like disappeared and vzw and rim never say anything about it. I wonder how long we would sit here talking about it until we all finally gave up...and all bought iPhones instead (jk guys i know most of you would never buy an iPhone)
    04-14-10 02:41 PM
    Think they are both going to be coming out the same day, but I am seriously considering going with the Incredible. The browser seems AMAZING compare to the 9650.

Thats how it is for me. I'm thinking I'll probably be going with the Incredible though since its coming out on the 29th and the Bold is still missing in action.
    04-14-10 02:47 PM
    The 9650 isn't coming out on April 29th. Maybe it will get announced at WES but late May/early June seems much more realistic for a release.
    04-14-10 02:49 PM
    Think they are both going to be coming out the same day, but I am seriously considering going with the Incredible. The browser seems AMAZING compare to the 9650.
    I kind of doubt that but maybe. And yeah the browser + camera kill the Bold's. Although once RIM finally releases the web kit browser it may be a different story.
    04-14-10 02:58 PM
    The 9650 isn't coming out on April 29th. Maybe it will get announced at WES but late May/early June seems much more realistic for a release.
    I swear that I am having Deja Vu (or view) all over again!
    04-14-10 02:59 PM
    While I do believe it will be the second half of may before we see this phone I wouldn't be surprised if it was released by the end of this month. I think this phone is currently ready to go and the stock is just sitting in the warehouse but RIM wants to announce this thing at WES because they don't have much else going on. Well, I shouldn't say that cause I don't know what they really have going on but I haven't read much about RIM news.

This is going to be the first CDMA Bold so it wold be a good headline for the WES show and it could be released pretty quickly.

To sum it up, I think this phone is already ready to go, and has been for a little bit now but RIM figured lets just hold off on it a little bit longer so we will have something to get people interested in WES '10 with the first CDMA Bold.

*Disclaimer* This is just my thoughts and have no factual info to back it up so don't take this post to serious. *End Disclaimer*
    04-14-10 03:06 PM
    This is going to be the first CDMA Bold so it wold be a good headline for the WES show and it could be released pretty quickly.

To sum it up, I think this phone is already ready to go, and has been for a little bit now but RIM figured lets just hold off on it a little bit longer so we will have something to get people interested in WES '10 with the first CDMA Bold.
    Will this phone really be a CDMA Bold, or will it actually just be a Tour with trackpad and wifi added?

*Disclaimer* This is just my thoughts and have no factual info to back it up so don't take this post to serious. *End Disclaimer*
    Now why let something like factual info get in the way of a good post?
    04-14-10 03:18 PM
    Will this phone really be a CDMA Bold, or will it actually just be a Tour with trackpad and wifi added?

Now why let something like factual info get in the way of a good post?
    Well I guess it's how you want to define what's a Bold. If RIM says its a Bold then technically it's a Bold. People here will always think of it as the Tour2. And I say "people here" because once it is released the general public who doesn't follow pre-released will only hear it called a Bold and most don't even know the difference between a Bold and a Tour because they don't look at Bolds because it isn't offered by VZW and Sprint.

So in the end of the day, RIM decides what a device is and if they say it is now a Bold, then it's a Bold. No matter how much we disagree.
    04-14-10 03:31 PM
    Well I guess it's how you want to define what's a Bold. If RIM says its a Bold then technically it's a Bold. People here will always think of it as the Tour2. And I say "people here" because once it is released the general public who doesn't follow pre-released will only hear it called a Bold and most don't even know the difference between a Bold and a Tour because they don't look at Bolds because it isn't offered by VZW and Sprint.

So in the end of the day, RIM decides what a device is and if they say it is now a Bold, then it's a Bold. No matter how much we disagree.
    so true... it's funny how people forget the creator decides the name not the users... if i make a sandwich that looks like a big mac and call it a big daddy.. thats wat its called bc i named it.. sure people might say tats just a big mac ... thats thier choice/ignorance... the creator always has the right to call thier creation anything thy wish... it's thier baby.. the same way ur parents name you watever the f they want... so please all the neg. nancys out there always complaining about callin the tour2 a bold.. just stop and get over it... hey if u really want to get back at RIM for "tricking" you ... here's a radical idea... DONT BUY THE DAM PHONE
    04-14-10 03:39 PM
23,186 ... 141142143144145 ...