According to BerryScoop:
    Side note: I may be looking into things way too much, but what significance does the �Top Secret Code Name: 6″ have? I listed 3 devices that we know are on the way, could there be 3 more I am forgetting/don�t know about? Just a thought."
    If you go to:Upcoming Verizon phones (Phone Arena), the have Samsung Reality SCH-U820, LG VS750, and Saygus Vphone listed as other upcoming phones.
    04-07-10 04:41 PM
    How about code name "6" for "Essex" .....expect it to drop Apr 28.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 04:57 PM
    How about code name "6" for "Essex" .....expect it to drop Apr 28.

I dont get how six and essex relate? what, cause two of the three letters are the same???

keep in mind people IF the six had to do with the number of devices being released it could also include usb modems and netbooks. Not just phones.
    04-07-10 05:04 PM
    Ok, so my statement here may have been exaggerated, but the 9650 is still not out. Are we still in Q1 2010? Everyone has been saying for months that it would be released in the first quarter, but here we are in April. I still think my original post is right. Summer of this year.
    Hey, you just quoted yourself - is that allowed here? LOL I don't know why but I thought this was funny.

If its summer - we are getting a 97xx on VZW for sure.

04-07-10 05:06 PM
    "If we put our detective caps on, we remember that the Nexus One name was claimed by the family of Author Philip K. **** to have been stolen from ****'s novel, "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?". In the book, the androids were called Nexus-6. Note that the box in the Verizon memo has the words "Top Secret Code Name: 6". If we have cracked the code correctly, it could be a couple of very tasty Android handsets making their way to Verizon customers "Really" soon."

I dont get how six and essex relate? what, cause two of the three letters are the same???

keep in mind people IF the six had to do with the number of devices being released it could also include usb modems and netbooks. Not just phones.
    04-07-10 05:17 PM
    After reading the last couple of post I feel like this has turned into the the blackberry version of either angels and demons or the davinchi code.
    04-07-10 05:36 PM
    Say essex a few times.

04-07-10 06:08 PM
    essex, essex, essex, essex, essex, essex, essex

Say essex a few times.

04-07-10 07:12 PM
    Sounds like you just said 6 6 6 6 6 6 6.

04-07-10 07:19 PM
    A guy over at Android Forums who works in the Verizon Wireless shipping warehouse confirmed the Bold 9650 is stocked up and waiting to be shipped to retail stores like the HTC Incredible.
    Someone asked about BB leaks..
    Yes, the BB9650 (Tour2, Bold, whatever you want to call it) IS in the warehouse as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if these two phones launched around the same time.
    Sources: Thread, Quote
    04-07-10 07:42 PM
    Sounds like you just said 6 6 6 6 6 6 6.

sounds like es-iks to me
    04-07-10 08:11 PM
    More GREAT news...shouldn't be too much longer.

A guy over at Android Forums who works in the Verizon Wireless shipping warehouse confirmed the Bold 9650 is stocked up and waiting to be shipped to retail stores like the HTC Incredible.

Sources: Thread, Quote
    04-07-10 08:33 PM
    Any idea when it may come to Sprint? I'm not willing to jump to Verizon just for the 9650 when I'm perfectly satisfied with coverage/price on Sprint.
    He works for Verizon so I doubt he'd know about Sprint's releases.
    04-07-10 10:26 PM
    He forgot to look in the mirror while saying it. Lol
    04-08-10 01:05 AM
    He works for Verizon so I doubt he'd know about Sprint's releases.
    CoolBrad, are you serious????? Where's this thread you found??? And come on,haven't we confirmed we can't believe anything we read on here? Lol. Please... And if this were true I'm sure Sprint would get the 9650 just like both Verizon and Sprint came out with the 9630, 8530, and the 8330. I must admit last year I was tempted to go to Sprint,but mainly for the difference in plan price.
    04-08-10 01:19 AM
    Lucky you! Tried Spring in my area before and it was horrible; constant dropped calls.

I am sticking with Verizon as it offers the best coverage in my area..now just bring on the new devices already.

Any idea when it may come to Sprint? I'm not willing to jump to Verizon just for the 9650 when I'm perfectly satisfied with coverage/price on Sprint.
    04-08-10 05:43 AM
    CoolBrad, are you serious????? Where's this thread you found??? And come on,haven't we confirmed we can't believe anything we read on here? Lol. Please... And if this were true I'm sure Sprint would get the 9650 just like both Verizon and Sprint came out with the 9630, 8530, and the 8330. I must admit last year I was tempted to go to Sprint,but mainly for the difference in plan price.
    I provided links on the previous page. He provided a screen shot of the HTC Incredible data in the inventory system and I asked him to ss the Bold's and he said he would try.

I never said the Sprint Bold doesn't exist? And again he/his friend does not work in the Sprint warehouse so why would he know/care about their Bold's release date?
    04-08-10 09:41 AM
    I, like everyone else, have been waiting for the BB 9650 or whatever it will be called. I currently have a storm. Well it finally failed me so I went to the VZ store to see my options. I was going to get a Tour (need BB for work) and the technical support person said if I could hold on just a little more, there would be some additional options. I asked what he knew (silly) and he said just that some new phones were just about to be released.

He set me up with a refurb Storm to get by and said to keep checking...

So, not wanting to fuel anymore speculation but now that I have, oh well...

Maybe this is really going to happen. The late April-May dates are looking more realistic...
    04-08-10 10:46 AM
    Okay.. So picture of the 9650 just arrived on the Cracberry Website.. Amazing it took them what a month to add wifi and trackpad.. than 4 or 5 months to stamp the f***in word Bold on there next to the camera?! Is RIM joking like seriously? It took 5 months for a tour with the word bold and wifi w/ trackpad.. this is seriously depressing... Thought they would maybe umm idk have something up their sleeve seeing as we were waiting for so long.. but no the word bold is the only hardware change.. wow
    04-08-10 11:01 AM
    Possible end of April release?
    04-08-10 11:49 AM
    Okay.. So picture of the 9650 just arrived on the Cracberry Website.. Amazing it took them what a month to add wifi and trackpad.. than 4 or 5 months to stamp the f***in word Bold on there next to the camera?! Is RIM joking like seriously? It took 5 months for a tour with the word bold and wifi w/ trackpad.. this is seriously depressing... Thought they would maybe umm idk have something up their sleeve seeing as we were waiting for so long.. but no the word bold is the only hardware change.. wow
    You shouldn't be only conserned with external hardware man. Rumor has it the made internal hardware changes to make this phone better suitrd for OS 6.0

Last edited by kram941; 04-08-10 at 03:06 PM.
    04-08-10 01:36 PM
    You shouldn't be only conserned with extrebl hardware man. Rumor has it the made internal hardwar changes to make this phone better suitrd for OS 6.0

Yeah, I guess :/ just kinda wish it looked more like the 9700 :/
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 04-08-10 at 02:36 PM.
    04-08-10 02:25 PM
    Lucky you! Tried Spring in my area before and it was horrible; constant dropped calls.

I am sticking with Verizon as it offers the best coverage in my area..now just bring on the new devices already.
    Yes...Verizon pawns with service coverage. No offense to anyone, but why do you think "others" have customers that are more geared towards texting?
    04-08-10 02:26 PM
    I, like everyone else, have been waiting for the BB 9650 or whatever it will be called. I currently have a storm. Well it finally failed me so I went to the VZ store to see my options. I was going to get a Tour (need BB for work) and the technical support person said if I could hold on just a little more, there would be some additional options. I asked what he knew (silly) and he said just that some new phones were just about to be released.

He set me up with a refurb Storm to get by and said to keep checking...

So, not wanting to fuel anymore speculation but now that I have, oh well...

Maybe this is really going to happen. The late April-May dates are looking more realistic...
    Yes the 9530 stinks. I had the same issue of bringing in phones to exchange. A non-blackberry though. I wish they gave us the option to pick anyphone we want of equal or lesser value instead of the same exact one that caused us problems. And then they have the nerve to take the busted phone from you. Why??? To run tests on the problems? And I wouldnt put too much faith in what a cell rep or even a manager says. I think the people on this site know more than they do, well to some degree. Maybe you should have gotten the tour as I do think it is being phased out in regards to what it says in parenthesis in the current VZW magazine underneath the tour. I say if this is true its going to be a bad move and make a few customers unhappy. What if for any reason they wont want the new 9650? But in the end its all profit to them.
    04-08-10 02:33 PM
    04-08-10 03:47 PM
23,186 ... 135136137138139 ...