Will the new 9650 have ptt? I just found out that the tour does. Quite a nice usefull feature if you ask me. And with all that has been said about this new 9650 it's making me doubt its uniqueness and driving me to just get a 9630 when I can.
    04-04-10 11:25 PM
    Here you go guys something to Rant and Rave about....
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-965...nt-order-forms
    (Dance Puppets Dance lol) Just kidding....I have a LG Dare so Im also waiting and updating Google search
    So how long does it usually take between something like this and actual release? Six years (which is what it feels like)?
    04-04-10 11:39 PM
    any "smartphone" you have to get the unlimited data package now ($30)

I take that to mean any phone that is meant for surfing the web and receiving/sending email
    Not completely true. If the smartphone was released before November of 08 I believe, then it is not required. My example of this is the Palm Centro. Doesn't require a data package because of that rule. Just not positive if this applies to earlier BlackBerrys like the Pearl and Curve.
    04-04-10 11:53 PM
    Several points here:
    1. What is a Smart Phone? VZW defines it for you on their website, a smart phone requires a $30 data plan.

2. What is a BB 9650? That been answered in these forums and elsewhere over and over again, it's a 9630 with a faster processor, more memory, a trackpad and WiFi.

Those who want it to be more 9700 like, that would be almost impossible! Go to RIM's website and compare the 9630 and 9700, they're already very close. Add the things mentioned above and you get VERY similar phones.
    04-05-10 12:21 AM
    Several points here:
    1. What is a Smart Phone? VZW defines it for you on their website, a smart phone requires a $30 data plan.

2. What is a BB 9650? That been answered in these forums and elsewhere over and over again, it's a 9630 with a faster processor, more memory, a trackpad and WiFi.

Those who want it to be more 9700 like, that would be almost impossible! Go to RIM's website and compare the 9630 and 9700, they're already very close. Add the things mentioned above and you get VERY similar phones.
    Okay... but seeing as the 9650 was renamed to a bold.. you cant have a tour remake (looking the same as the tour) called a bold.. You just can't therefore they had to have revamped its exterior to look more like a bold aka 9700.. That was the rumor of what the 9650 was for a while but hey its been what 4 months since it was first leaked.. they changed the name to a bold for christ sakes... thats a complete give away that it wont just be a tour with a track pad, processor, n wifi... tour is going to be discontinued so it seems sooooooooo the 9650 seems as if it will look like the 9700.. its the only thing that makes sense... it'll be the 9700 for Verizon because the 9700 is a big hit [:
    04-05-10 01:47 AM
    Okay... but seeing as the 9650 was renamed to a bold.. you cant have a tour remake (looking the same as the tour) called a bold.. You just can't therefore they had to have revamped its exterior to look more like a bold aka 9700.. That was the rumor of what the 9650 was for a while but hey its been what 4 months since it was first leaked.. they changed the name to a bold for christ sakes... thats a complete give away that it wont just be a tour with a track pad, processor, n wifi... tour is going to be discontinued so it seems sooooooooo the 9650 seems as if it will look like the 9700.. its the only thing that makes sense... it'll be the 9700 for Verizon because the 9700 is a big hit [:
    We don't even know if it will have a better processor. Everything is just rumors right now.
    04-05-10 10:41 AM
    Nah its still gunna look like the Tour
    04-05-10 11:06 AM

Awww man, but that plastic strip underneath the screen, the 2mm bezel, and lack of a "leather" backing are SUCH deal breakers!!!

I see your "logic" and I raise you this: Tour is getting discontinued so people don't raise a stink about how this Bold is the same phone with a trackpad. Nothing to compare if nothing is available, right?
    Last edited by CapnCrunchBerry; 04-05-10 at 02:56 PM.
    04-05-10 02:54 PM
    Lessons Learned for Blackberry...they waited WAY too long to get this device out.

Awww man, but that plastic strip underneath the screen, the 2mm bezel, and lack of a "leather" backing are SUCH deal breakers!!!

I see your "logic" and I raise you this: Tour is getting discontinued so people don't raise a stink about how this Bold is the same phone with a trackpad. Nothing to compare if nothing is available, right?
    04-05-10 03:22 PM
    Newbie� this is what I have been saying. It will be complete BS to call the Tour a Bold if exterior form is exactly the same, except adding the track-pad, and any other technical upgrades. RIM needs to call it a T2 if this is the case. It would be like BMW calling a 3 Series, a 7 Series, because they changed the rims. A 3 is a 3, and a 7 is a 7. I even question the 9700 being called a Bold when it deviated so far from the 9000 handset.
    04-05-10 04:38 PM
    Now THIS, is the only logical answer if the phones have identical form factor � but we are all going to whine to VZW anyway�. LOL.
    04-05-10 04:41 PM
    Newbie� this is what I have been saying. It will be complete BS to call the Tour a Bold if exterior form is exactly the same, except adding the track-pad, and any other technical upgrades. RIM needs to call it a T2 if this is the case. It would be like BMW calling a 3 Series, a 7 Series, because they changed the rims. A 3 is a 3, and a 7 is a 7. I even question the 9700 being called a Bold when it deviated so far from the 9000 handset.
    Maybe you guys are looking into the names to much. Maybe RIM just wants to narrow down the names of their devices and are using Bold for the higher end models and Curve for the lower end model. Maybe the numbering is what is important to them.

This phone is still in the 96xx family, so you should believe that it will be similar to the 9630 and inferior to the 9700 since it is a lower model number.

Who knows if what I just said is true or not, Im sure some of you know their logic to naming/numbering devices but I just think everyone is looking way to into the name of the phone and expecting to much just because of the name.
    04-05-10 06:01 PM
    Maybe you guys are looking into the names to much. Maybe RIM just wants to narrow down the names of their devices and are using Bold for the higher end models and Curve for the lower end model. Maybe the numbering is what is important to them.

This phone is still in the 96xx family, so you should believe that it will be similar to the 9630 and inferior to the 9700 since it is a lower model number.

Who knows if what I just said is true or not, Im sure some of you know their logic to naming/numbering devices but I just think everyone is looking way to into the name of the phone and expecting to much just because of the name.
    For me, I'm mostly afraid we're getting a device inferior to the 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 06:22 PM

I actually wouldn't care at all. I am just looking to get a Tour with the trackpad.

I have a 9530 and wanted to be able to use it for every thing including games, videos, images, web browsing along with the texting and email. But I learned that blackberries aren't nearly good enough to do all this like other phones are able to. So with this phone I'm just looking for a tour with a trackpad. I've given up on using a blackberry for anything but email and text. They are just to buggy to do much more, and unfortunately no other phone has as nice of a keyboard.
    04-05-10 06:50 PM

I would never know seeing as how I will never handle a 9700. This will be my first BB (hopefully) and I think I will either love it or hate it.

Hopefully it will be love at first BBM haha
    04-05-10 06:56 PM
    If they use the faster processor (supposedly from the Storm2) and add memory it'll match the 9700 in specs, the Tour almost matches the 9700 now.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

You guys would gripe about anything, wouldn't you? Amazing....
    04-05-10 07:12 PM
    I would never know seeing as how I will never handle a 9700. This will be my first BB (hopefully) and I think I will either love it or hate it.

Hopefully it will be love at first BBM haha
    Just get the 8530 if you will be a first time bb owner. Its meant as an entry level bb.
    04-05-10 07:47 PM
    So, no more tour 9630 when this new bold comes out I might as well as take my early upgrade now and get the 9630. I've have to take $20 fee to the face upgrading early,but it may be worth it. I dont really care for wifi,but the trackpad would be nice. I wish the trackball/trackpad was interchangable. If they get rid of the tour 9630 when the bold comes out I'll be forced to get the inferior 8530 or maybe the S2,but I'd prefer a non-touchscreen. I'd like to knwo for sure if the tour will be discontinued and asking the cell rep and even the manager is pointless as they dont know or will lie to you.
    04-05-10 07:53 PM
    We like to whine here� spoiled brats. I am sure the T2/Bold will be great. The Tour is great (yes, with a few bugs), each time devices improve from the prior versions.
    04-05-10 08:33 PM
    can RIM just release the 9700 for Verizon then?[; I would just be so happy and get that phone.. I'm sure a bunch of people on here would agree having a 9700 over a tour with trackpad and wifi would be better :/
    04-05-10 10:29 PM
    waited for this phone for 6 months. couldn't wait anymore so bought the tour as my first blackberry. If I hear from you guys on here that it is better than the tour i might just have to pay retail. liking the tour right now since i finally bought one.
    04-05-10 11:20 PM
    waited for this phone for 6 months. couldn't wait anymore so bought the tour as my first blackberry. If I hear from you guys on here that it is better than the tour i might just have to pay retail. liking the tour right now since i finally bought one.
    I get what you're saying. As time goes by and I'm doubting the new bold I too feel like just getting the tour. But don't do what I did paying full retail like an *****. Go on ebay or something.
    04-06-10 12:06 AM
    We like to whine here… spoiled brats. I am sure the T2/Bold will be great. The Tour is great (yes, with a few bugs), each time devices improve from the prior versions.
    True that. And I think you can confirm how devices improve from prior versions. Lol
    Last edited by tld128; 04-06-10 at 12:12 AM.
    04-06-10 12:10 AM
    The new should definitely be better than the Tour or Bold.

True that. And I think you can confirm how devices improve from prior versions. Lol
    04-06-10 05:20 AM
    Blackberry won't like the looks of this:

Video: HTC Legend Sense UI Tour
    04-06-10 12:30 PM
23,186 ... 133134135136137 ...