hey Tourboy.. have you decided if your leaving Blackberry yet? I see you on another Forum on here wanting to get a nexus 1?
    04-03-10 12:20 PM
    I've been following this post since the end of November. Every shattered rumor and every empty-handed technology expo boils my blood... this is the VERY last time I will EVER wait for a phone again.

All I have to say to RIM: I'm buying the next new phone that comes to sprint (which sprint hasn't gotten a new phone for almost 9 months). Whether that's the nexus one, a new HTC phone, or your blackberry I'm getting it. I've been eligible for an upgrade since last september and I'm in desperate need of a new phone; I just can't buy old tech at this point.
    04-03-10 04:39 PM
    I've been following this post since the end of November. Every shattered rumor and every empty-handed technology expo boils my blood... this is the VERY last time I will EVER wait for a phone again.

All I have to say to RIM: I'm buying the next new phone that comes to sprint (which sprint hasn't gotten a new phone for almost 9 months). Whether that's the nexus one, a new HTC phone, or your blackberry I'm getting it. I've been eligible for an upgrade since last september and I'm in desperate need of a new phone; I just can't buy old tech at this point.
    Just a question. How can you have followed this post since the end of November if your join date says March 2010???? Anyways, I think this thread will go on until the first real confirmation of the new bold so its good to follow up on it once and awhile. And I understand your frustration of really needing a new phone. I once had a phone who I had to get replaced about 3 times due to different malfunctions and didnt/coudnt upgrade yet. Thank god for cell insurance.
    04-03-10 08:56 PM
    Upcomming/Rumored section??? I think its came gone and returned. lol
    And as for sprint I think they offer a pretty good deal. Yearly upgrades,but as to how I dont know. My friends who have sprint dont tell me nothing but how much less they pay than they do for their service. When it comes to cell insurance I dont know if just getting insurance grants you an early upgrade. I know when I baught a new phone just after I had already upgraded they asked again if I wanted insurance for the new phone. Thats with my carrier so I dont know about sprint. And fyi, those 2 phones I paid at full price were LG phones. The 2nd,3rd, and 4th were the LGEnv1. What an annoyance they were. One wouldnt charge, the other double clicked the ok button, and the last restarted when I tried to send a pic/vid text. I should have listened to my self and gotten the 8703e because I think it was out at the time. lol
    04-03-10 11:05 PM
    Please before jumping ship, check the Amoled screens on these new phones. You will have a extremely hard time reading them in the sunshine. I came back to BB because of it. Only the Samsung Galaxy S has a filter to allow seeing the screen in the sunlight. Just a warning, look and a Nexus forum and you will see.
    04-04-10 12:41 AM
    I'm on Sprint and in the same situation as you but I'll probably just wait a little longer... welcome to the "Upcoming/Rumored" section of the forums.
    Sprint has prices that are hard to beat and decent coverage, but their present phones are downright atrocious.

Just a question. How can you have followed this post since the end of November if your join date says March 2010???? Anyways, I think this thread will go on until the first real confirmation of the new bold so its good to follow up on it once and awhile. And I understand your frustration of really needing a new phone. I once had a phone who I had to get replaced about 3 times due to different malfunctions and didnt/coudnt upgrade yet. Thank god for cell insurance.
    Because I didn't register with the forums, I was just watching them hoping it would come out on Feb 3rd like the rest of the people following the forum. I just registered recently.
    04-04-10 01:51 AM
    Please before jumping ship, check the Amoled screens on these new phones. You will have a extremely hard time reading them in the sunshine. I came back to BB because of it. Only the Samsung Galaxy S has a filter to allow seeing the screen in the sunlight. Just a warning, look and a Nexus forum and you will see.
    x2.. you cant see those screens in the sun at all..

on a blackberry in the sun, I can read my screen perfectly without an issue
    04-04-10 07:49 AM
    Looking at both the Tour 2 (Bold 9650 or 9670) and the HTC Incredible.

hey Tourboy.. have you decided if your leaving Blackberry yet? I see you on another Forum on here wanting to get a nexus 1?
    04-04-10 10:10 AM
    Okay, there is one thing that has just been bugging me so damn much with this phone... I have been following it for the last 3 months at least and don't care about buying it at full price.. I have to get rid of my dare but here is my question. This phone is coming out months and months after the Bold 9700, You would think that it would be sleeker/better than the 9700 which brings up my question: Why is it called the Bold 9650 or 9670? Why cant it be called like the 9750 or something higher than the 96xx to make me happy and feel like i am getting a newer better phone than the bold 9700. And other than that, My uncle has the 9700 and I cant even begin to tell you how much i love it seeing as i am new to blackberries and never had one before. I just hope the new bold for verizon looks/feels like the 9700.. heck i would even be ecstatic if the new bold was just the 9700 for verizon... I just will be so disappointed if it looks like the tour or something because they hit the nail on the head with the design of the bold 9700
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 04-04-10 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling errors
    04-04-10 10:57 AM
    Okay, there is one thing that has just been bugging me so damn much with this phone... I have been following it for the last 3 months at least and don't care about buying it at full price.. I have to get rid of my dare but here is my question. This phone is coming out months and months after the Bold 9700, You would think that it would be sleeker/better than the 9700 which brings up my question: Why is it called the Bold 9650 or 9670? Why cant it be called like the 9750 or something higher than the 96xx to make me happy and feel like i am getting a newer better phone than the bold 9700. And other than that, My uncle has the 9700 and I cant even begin to tell you how much i love it seeing as i an new to blackberries and never had one before. I just hope the new bold for verizon looks/feels like the 9700.. **** i would even be ecstatic if the new bold was just the 9700 for verizon... I just will be so disappointed if it looks like the tour or something because they hit the nail on the head with the design of the bold 9700
    you bring up good points that even insiders questioned about. No one understands why this Bold is not in the 97** group. There are still some that say it will be 97**, but who knows how true that is.

there are a lot of un-answered questions a lot of us have about this phone that doesnt make a lot of sense yet.

All we know is that in 3 weeks we will know everything there is to know about this phone when its announced at the WES show by RIM.
    04-04-10 11:01 AM
    you bring up good points that even insiders questioned about. No one understands why this Bold is not in the 97** group. There are still some that say it will be 97**, but who knows how true that is.

there are a lot of un-answered questions a lot of us have about this phone that doesn't make a lot of sense yet.

All we know is that in 3 weeks we will know everything there is to know about this phone when its announced at the WES show by RIM.

Soo many people are bringing up this whole WES thing... Iv read a TON of places that WES has not exactly been the place that they announce new phones in the past. I know nothing about WES seeing as my interest to blackberries started like 6 months ago and i am going to keep my hopes up about WES but i just hope this event is different than the past. Hah I already have my LG Dare sold to a friend so I am just hoping this thing comes out SOON because I don't them to change their mind about buying it

Quick question, Its off topic but figured may as well throw it in here because everyone here knows so much about blackberries and this thread has gone off topic since iv been here to read page 10. I know you have to get a $30 data plan for a BlackBerry for it to be activated and work or whatever, but i was told the other day that there is a blackberry fee...? like to use blackberry messenger etc. there is an extra $10 fee a month? I was told by a droid user that is my friend and I don't believe him from my prior knowledge but he does know a decent amount about everything. I am fine paying $30 a month for internet and everything but when you get to about $40 a month i don't feel like spending $400+ a year for just a data plan :/ i can swallow $300ish a year for a data plan. Thanks and sorry for off topic :X
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 04-04-10 at 11:16 AM. Reason: really need to proof this before i post :X
    04-04-10 11:14 AM
    Soo many people are bringing up this whole WES thing... Iv read a TON of places that WES has not exactly been the place that they announce new phones in the past. I know nothing about WES seeing as my interest to blackberries started like 6 months ago and i am going to keep my hopes up about WES but i just hope this event is different than the past. Hah I already have my LG Dare sold to a friend so I am just hoping this thing comes out SOON because I don't them to change their mind about buying it

Quick question, Its off topic but figured may as well throw it in here because everyone here knows so much about blackberries and this thread has gone off topic since iv been here to read page 10. I know you have to get a $30 data plan for a BlackBerry for it to be activated and work or whatever, but i was told the other day that there is a blackberry fee...? like to use blackberry messenger etc. there is an extra $10 fee a month? I was told by a droid user that is my friend and I don't believe him from my prior knowledge but he does know a decent amount about everything. I am fine paying $30 a month for internet and everything but when you get to about $40 a month i don't feel like spending $400+ a year for just a data plan :/ i can swallow $300ish a year for a data plan. Thanks and sorry for off topic :X
    He is wrong. The 30 a month covers all data, including BBM. Its the same price that he pays for his Droid.
    04-04-10 12:31 PM
    He is wrong. The 30 a month covers all data, including BBM. Its the same price that he pays for his Droid.
    Alright thanks. [:
    I was actually wondering another thing, sorry this the last thing i promise!
    Iv always been told by verizon people that you HAVE to get the $30 a month data plan in order for the Blackberry to be activated... more or less you HAVE to pay $30 a month for internet and everything or your blackberry is unusable... I figured that this had to be bull**** because a few of my friends claimed that they dropped their data plan on their curve n pearl etc... and everything is the exact same.. just no internet and everything. Is it true that you NEED the data plan in order for a blackberry to work on verizon or is that just the verizon employees being assholes because they just want money? :/
    04-04-10 12:56 PM
    >>Is it true that you NEED the data plan in order for a blackberry to work on verizon<<

Having a Blackberry without a data plan is like having a car with no gas. Pretty to look at, but what's the point? You could still use it as a phone but why bother getting a Blackberry for that?
    04-04-10 01:38 PM
    I'm not 100% sure on the older blackberrys, but with the newer ones (storm 1 and 2, tour, pearl flip) you definitely need to pay the $30 a month. I just came to Verizon a year ago so thats why I'm not sure about older BBs.
    04-04-10 01:45 PM
    I too was set on the Tour 2, but now seriously leaning towards the HTC Incredible.

04-04-10 02:20 PM
    ^I'm just going to get both lol
    04-04-10 03:57 PM
    I too was set on the Tour 2, but now seriously leaning towards the HTC Incredible.
    I swear.. at this point if the 9650 is nothing like the bold 9700 and more like the tour 1... I'm done with it.. Is there any way to get a 9700 working on Verizon? :X
    04-04-10 06:24 PM
    I swear.. at this point if the 9650 is nothing like the bold 9700 and more like the tour 1... I'm done with it.. Is there any way to get a 9700 working on Verizon? :X
    I truly hope I am wrong, but from all that I have read/heard, I fear that the 9650 will be nothing more than a Tour with WIFI and trackpad. I, too, wish that it would be more like the 9700...
    04-04-10 06:34 PM
    No, I don't believe that is possible as I believe the 9700 is a GSM phone and Verizon is a CDMA carrier. Someone will correct me if I am wrong though.
    04-04-10 06:50 PM
    Blackberry better get on the ball if they are ever going to have the Bold 9650 release. Now this is getting me more interested in the HTC Incredible:

New clues have appeared that the HTC Incredible may be credible and go on sale in the near future with mentions in Cellbrite and on Twitter. Rumors have been bubbling since last month that the HTC Incredible would be due out soon from Verizon.

Then there was a screenshot showing that that over 150,000 HTC Incredible were ordered, suggesting they were being stock-piled by Verizon.

The Cellebrite system is a way cell pone sellers transfer data from one phone to another. They have access to smartphones and data before they are launched in order to make them work with the system. A showing of the HTC 6300 Incredible (Android) be exciting news or not, because the BlackBerry Tour2, later named the BlackBerry Bold 9650 also appeared and then disappeared from Cellebrite.

The HTC Incredible has 512 MB ROM, 512 MB RAM (320 free to the user) memory, and 3.7″ WVGA (800�480) AMOLED touchscreen. The HTC Incredible will run Android 2.1 with HTC's Sense UI. It also expected to have 6 gigabytes of storage expandable with a microSD card, GPS, Bluetooth, FM radio, and removable 1300 mAh battery. It most closely resembles the Nexus One except it has a trackpad and higher resolution camera.

Nominate (WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS) for Best Cell Phone News Blog.
    Verizon's Twitter deal page is all a-Twitter with a supposed, news.

"Please @VZ WOffers, stop tormenting my soul and just release the HTC Incredible already. It's just embarrassing at this point. (03.04.2010 20:26)"

Verizon's response " We appreciate all the enthusiasm and will definitely keep you posted on all new phones."

HTC is having a lot of success lately. The HTC HD2 recently sold out in retail stores. T-Mobile is promoting the HTC HD2 with Twitter contest, winners will receive a free HTC HD2.
    04-04-10 07:58 PM
    Month after months of delays has got me more and more interested in the HTC lineup, as well. (I noticed you were over on the Android forum - I felt like I was a traitor for even researching HTC)

The longer I have to wait for the Tour2, the higher my expectation is of the specs on the final product. (I was geared up about buying a Tour2 back at Christmas/New Years!) Otherwise, after all this waiting I may go "Incredible" or EVO 4g.
    04-04-10 08:43 PM
    I'm not 100% sure on the older blackberrys, but with the newer ones (storm 1 and 2, tour, pearl flip) you definitely need to pay the $30 a month. I just came to Verizon a year ago so thats why I'm not sure about older BBs.
    any "smartphone" you have to get the unlimited data package now ($30)

I take that to mean any phone that is meant for surfing the web and receiving/sending email
    04-04-10 08:52 PM
    Here you go guys something to Rant and Rave about....
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-965...nt-order-forms
    (Dance Puppets Dance lol) Just kidding....I have a LG Dare so Im also waiting and updating Google search
    04-04-10 09:38 PM
    I truly hope I am wrong, but from all that I have read/heard, I fear that the 9650 will be nothing more than a Tour with WIFI and trackpad. I, too, wish that it would be more like the 9700...
    Ditto. I hope its not going to be the same bs hassle with the new curve 8530. Like I said I've been tempted to get the 8530,but it fails primarily for the no flash. I dont care about wifi which I think is useless if your on vzw anyways unless you live near a desert. Only thing I really like is that it has almost triple the memory of my bb. So, whenever this new 9650 comes out I hope not to be dissapointed and if so not more dissapointed if the 9630 is discontinued upon release of the 9650.
    04-04-10 11:22 PM
23,186 ... 132133134135136 ...