Found this to be interesting:

Why BlackBerry Users Will Defect
    03-31-10 02:37 PM
    I thought I read somewhere that there were changes made to the 9650 to support an OS 6.0 release sometime later this year so likely it won't come with 6.0 right away but will hopefully have the specs to support 6.0 when it is released (without completely bogging down the processor).

Or is it... I bet they have some rotating schedule as to what each phone should be called.
    Now you know that you cannot believe ANYTHING you read in here!

LOL thinking that RIM has some sort of rotating schedule, more like a big spin wheel on the wall I bet or a dart board.
    03-31-10 04:14 PM
    From Sal's twitter :

"Announcing the 9100 giveaway winner tomorrow followed by the 9650 giveaway post right away!"

If anyone is really desperate for one, they should enter the giveaway
    03-31-10 04:34 PM
    Lololol :d

now you know that you cannot believe anything you read in here!
    03-31-10 04:51 PM
    Found this to be interesting:

Why BlackBerry Users Will Defect
    Thanks for the link...that was a good article and I agree for the most part.

Does anyone know how the iPhone does with multiple email accounts?

The best thing blackberry does for me is keep my 4 email accounts separated, and when I reply to an email it knows which email account I'm using to reply. Is the iPhone pretty good at that too?
    03-31-10 04:51 PM
    Agree with you on the emails, but seems like Blackberry is slowly, but steadily slipping behind the competition.

The best thing blackberry does for me is keep my 4 email accounts separated, and when I reply to an email it knows which email account I'm using to reply. Is the iPhone pretty good at that too?
    03-31-10 06:26 PM
    Agree with you on the emails, but seems like Blackberry is slowly, but steadily slipping behind the competition.
    bb does what i need well though, so I can not complain about them not keeping up with browsers and apps since i do not really use them.
    03-31-10 06:36 PM
    bb does what i need well though, so I can not complain about them not keeping up with browsers and apps since i do not really use them.
    I agree blackberry is very good with email and organizing your info and what not but eventually these other companies are going to be just as good at it if not better at the email thing.

If blackberry doesn't improve the phones "fun factor" I think they will eventually fall behind other companies. More and more people are looking to combine all there needs into one device, that is why the iphone was so successful. No longer needed to carry an ipod and a cell phone. Blackberrys can play music and what not but no where are easy to manage/use and an iphone.

People are getting more and more into apps because it makes getting to the info the need that much faster and blackberry phones are way behind in this area also.

I don't think blackberry needs to be in the lead when it comes to a phones "fun factor" but they definitely need to be a real competitor in this area. You know Google is going to just keep on growing in the cell phone area and give RIM a run for its money when in the business market eventually. That what they do, be the best at everything they do.
    03-31-10 07:29 PM
    I wouldn't expect 6.0 out the door given 5.0 for the 9630 is just being released this week.
    Oh yea, thats right. I remember that. 9630 just came out with ptt also.

I thought I read somewhere that there were changes made to the 9650 to support an OS 6.0 release sometime later this year so likely it won't come with 6.0 right away but will hopefully have the specs to support 6.0 when it is released (without completely bogging down the processor).
    This makes sense. Now that I think of it wouldn't it be too soon for a 6.0 OS? I mean would they go in order like they did from 4-5? Like, 4.2,4.3,4.5,4.6,4.7,5.0? I saw on youtube the new platform for the 9100 isnt compatable with new apps and such.
    03-31-10 07:32 PM
    From Sal's twitter :

"Announcing the 9100 giveaway winner tomorrow followed by the 9650 giveaway post right away!"

If anyone is really desperate for one, they should enter the giveaway
    Sounds too good to be true.
    03-31-10 07:34 PM
    I agree with this. And its true, sometimes I find that my bb does more than I need it to. I usually delete apps I hardly or do not use at all. Also to save memory space whereas too many useless apps slow the phone down.

I agree blackberry is very good with email and organizing your info and what not but eventually these other companies are going to be just as good at it if not better at the email thing.

If blackberry doesn't improve the phones "fun factor" I think they will eventually fall behind other companies. More and more people are looking to combine all there needs into one device, that is why the iphone was so successful. No longer needed to carry an ipod and a cell phone. Blackberrys can play music and what not but no where are easy to manage/use and an iphone.

People are getting more and more into apps because it makes getting to the info the need that much faster and blackberry phones are way behind in this area also.

I don't think blackberry needs to be in the lead when it comes to a phones "fun factor" but they definitely need to be a real competitor in this area. You know Google is going to just keep on growing in the cell phone area and give RIM a run for its money when in the business market eventually. That what they do, be the best at everything they do.
    I agree to this mostly,but bb is as we all know a business phone. Yes, it could use an improvement with its "fun factor" and I'm sure RIM is workign on that. The introduction of the touchscreen bb(i.e storm1/2) was an innovative touch to add more fun with the blackberry. A bigger screen for different things like games.

Putting music on my bb is easy and even my 13 year old cousin can do it. Now when it comes to videos thats a difficult area.

And yes, google is doing its thing with the introduction of these new android OS and phones. Just a business strategy to draw customers to their product/service. So yes, in the end thats what companies do, try and be the best. Its an ongoing competative race. I have been tempted to switch services/phones,but continue to stick with what I have and the thing is with any service/phone theres always going to be likes/dislikes and advantages/disadvantages so no service/phone will be perfect.
    Last edited by tld128; 03-31-10 at 10:14 PM. Reason: missing information
    03-31-10 10:09 PM

Yes, that article was pretty interesting. And I too like how you can have multiple email accounts on a bb. I only have the means of one account whereas I could have up to 3(i.e 2 personnal and 1 for work),but one works fine for me. And we all know bb pawns when it comes to emailing. Not to insult any droid or iphone users,but I heard reviews state that it takes forever to receive an email sent from the droid. I dont know if theres an app or whatever to fix that,but sounds like a burden to me.
    03-31-10 10:25 PM
    Yes, that article was pretty interesting. And I too like how you can have multiple email accounts on a bb. I only have the means of one account whereas I could have up to 3(i.e 2 personnal and 1 for work),but one works fine for me. And we all know bb pawns when it comes to emailing. Not to insult any droid or iphone users,but I heard reviews state that it takes forever to receive an email sent from the droid. I dont know if theres an app or whatever to fix that,but sounds like a burden to me.
    I think I could be persuaded to switch to an iPhone if I could be assured that it would seamlessly handle multiple email accounts, and if it were offered through Verizon.
    04-01-10 09:05 AM
    I'm no fan of iPhone but I know multiple email accounts work fine on my iPod Touch
    I thought the ipod touch was just a music player?
    04-01-10 01:41 PM
    I thought the ipod touch was just a music player?
    It has wi-fi so you can go on the internet. You can also play games and download apps. It's basically almost everything the iphone has, except for it being able to make calls.
    Apple - iPod touch - Music, games, apps, and more on a great iPod.
    04-01-10 01:52 PM
    Great summary Jen2004. Did you grad in 2004?
    04-01-10 01:56 PM
    It has wi-fi so you can go on the internet. You can also play games and download apps. It's basically almost everything the iphone has, except for it being able to make calls.
    Oh ok. That sounds cool. Matter of fact, I think I recall someone telling me awhile ago that the ipod touch can do all that.
    04-01-10 02:28 PM
    Has anybody listened to the Crackberry podcast? Curious if Kevin says anything about the 9650.
    04-01-10 03:00 PM
    But being able to go online to retrieve your email isn't really what I was talking about. You can do that with any phone and a data plan.

My question was if the iPhone has "push" email like the Blackberry, and if so how does it do with keeping multiple email addresses organized.
    04-01-10 03:33 PM
    04-01-10 05:59 PM
    This is old news. In fact this news broke from a person on this blog site. I can't believe that crackberry.com had to use the source from boygeniusreport.com. Look at the bottom of the page of crackberry's article.
    04-01-10 06:10 PM
    i truly hope so....

this image was posted earlier this month on another threadhttp://forums.crackberry.com/f172/re...icture-438485/
    04-01-10 06:10 PM
    March 16th to be exact. Boy oh boy are these guys behind.
    04-01-10 06:12 PM
    It originates from the Bank Of America website.

i truly hope so....

this image was posted earlier this month on another threadhttp://forums.crackberry.com/f172/re...icture-438485/
    04-01-10 06:13 PM
    Been posted here for what seems a life time. Old news
    04-01-10 06:17 PM
23,186 ... 130131132133134 ...