well then i'm prob gettin the nexus. my dumbphones on its last legs. cant wait another 4 months. i've NEVER followed the release of a phone and now i find myself going nuts over the release of 2 phones. why must i suffer?
    03-11-10 08:22 PM
    I hope it's coming out soon because in the same email VZN sent me they showed pics for the Droid..Curve..and Coming Soon Motorola Devour...And I'm with Mike this is my 1st time following a phone that I really want..Was iffy about the Storm never got it..1st Tour had problem..So IDK what I'll do if I pass up another Early Upgrade promotion
    03-11-10 11:11 PM
    You mean you think there is really only one model then from all of this?
    i don't see two devices coming out it would make no sense to have two such close product next to one another on the shelf.
    03-11-10 11:33 PM
    8703e...WTF!? Mine broke almost four years ago, you can have mine if you want. Wheel broke. Your probably the goto guy on the 8700s. Curious, why does VZW still sell these things?
    Mine is still ticking, close to 4 years old and on its second body. Had to clean the scroll wheel again. It's finally starting to show its age, having to pull batts more often but everything still works. I'm pretty sure I've dropped this phone 500+ times 4 of which where into water and its still alive! By far the most durable phone I've ever had. Holding out for the Essex or something better on Sprint. Good thing I didn't hold my breath.
    03-12-10 12:14 AM
    Mine is still ticking, close to 4 years old and on its second body. Had to clean the scroll wheel again. It's finally starting to show its age, having to pull batts more often but everything still works. I'm pretty sure I've dropped this phone 500+ times 4 of which where into water and its still alive! By far the most durable phone I've ever had. Holding out for the Essex or something better on Sprint. Good thing I didn't hold my breath.
    Welcome to Crackberry Nation, you old crack-head!
    03-12-10 12:30 AM
    now i know we're not supposed to post things we hear from reps, but i spoke to our CORPORATE rep today - this is someone who services the huge conglomerate that I work for, and is a supervisor at that (as opposed to a customer care rep or a retail rep).... and he told me that the Tour 2 is coming out in 2 weeks time, and that he's held one in his hands, and been briefed on it's features.

he said along w/ wi-fi and a touch pad it would have the push to talk feature.

take that for what it's worth.
    03-12-10 02:44 AM
    just my opinion, but i do NOT want push to talk on this thing. if it really ended up being a tour and those 3 be the only differences. that would equal a major disappointment at this stage...

but that two weeks time could make sense with CTIA. we shall see.
    03-12-10 08:06 AM
    just my opinion, but i do NOT want push to talk on this thing. if it really ended up being a tour and those 3 be the only differences. that would equal a major disappointment at this stage...

but that two weeks time could make sense with CTIA. we shall see.
    +1 against push to talk feature, don't need it or want it. Whatever RIM releases better have a faster processor, more flash/appl memory and more battery power/life besides wifi and trackpad.
    03-12-10 08:22 AM
    anyone see this report on PhoneArena/Boy Genious Report:

BGR has found out a couple of interesting pieces of news relating to the Verizon version of the BlackBerry Tour 9630. First, the long awaited BlackBerry 5.0 OS upgrade will take place sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. The upgrade will also include a new "Push-To-Talk" function that will cost an extra $5 a month to work over Verizon's data network. The next bit of news is that the BlackBerry Tour2 9650,which might end up being called the Bold 9650, will launch around May. The new hardware will also include the "Push-To-Talk" option. No word on how much the new handset will cost. There is also no word on whether or not Sprint's model of the Tour will be included in the 5.0 and PTT upgrade, or whether or not the pin-dropping network will be getting the new hardware.
    Source: BlackBerry Tour OS upgrade coming in weeks, new hardware in May? � Boy Genius Report
    03-12-10 11:44 AM
    lets say it does have Push to talk.. Do you have to use it? Would it be able to make regular phone calls and such?
    03-12-10 11:51 AM
    Would someone please enlighten me to what the 'push-to-talk' function would entail? and why I might want it or not want it?

thanks!
    03-12-10 11:52 AM
    no, it cost $5 extra/month for ptt it's optional
    03-12-10 12:05 PM
    Are the specs posted anywhere for this device?

Is it basically the same device plus a trackpad and wifi?
    03-12-10 12:48 PM
    03-12-10 12:48 PM
    no, it cost $5 extra/month for ptt it's optional
    lol then why is every b*tching about it?
    03-12-10 12:56 PM
    Yea been reading the articles and the new rumor is May which sucks cuz my early upgrade promotion ends the end of Apr..And yea I dont get PTT...Took me a min to realize what PTT stood for til it hit me..A feature no one will hardly use lol
    03-12-10 01:48 PM
    lol then why is every b*tching about it?
    Because this phone of this caliber being capable of doubling as a walkie-talkie cheapens it. Doesn't matter if we'll use it, the hardware is there.
    03-12-10 02:35 PM
    Isn't it that walkie-talkie thing that a lot of construction workers use? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    yeah.

10 char
    03-12-10 06:11 PM
    Isn't it that walkie-talkie thing that a lot of construction workers use? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    ok, your right and wrong.

A lot of people use it otherwise they would phase it out. Delivery drivers, construction, security, etc. just think of time it would be more convient to get a quick word in than making an actual call or taking the time to text.

It can be handy, a pain, annoying all at the same time.
    03-12-10 06:55 PM
    ok, your right and wrong.

A lot of people use it otherwise they would phase it out. Delivery drivers, construction, security, etc. just think of time it would be more convient to get a quick word in than making an actual call or taking the time to text.

It can be handy, a pain, annoying all at the same time.
    I dont think i would ever use it, unless it was for work
    03-12-10 07:02 PM
    I get PTT and what it is. But, is there a separate button to push? Will the form factor change?
    03-12-10 08:03 PM
    I get PTT and what it is. But, is there a separate button to push? Will the form factor change?
    Sounds like the Nextel system to me. Used to have it back in the day on a Blackberry. It really only makes sense if alot of other people you know have it as well otherwise not so much.
    03-12-10 09:49 PM
    now i know we're not supposed to post things we hear from reps, but i spoke to our CORPORATE rep today - this is someone who services the huge conglomerate that I work for, and is a supervisor at that (as opposed to a customer care rep or a retail rep).... and he told me that the Tour 2 is coming out in 2 weeks time, and that he's held one in his hands, and been briefed on it's features.

he said along w/ wi-fi and a touch pad it would have the push to talk feature.

take that for what it's worth.
    My friend's Girlfriend works for VZN..And she said the DM came in today with the Bold 9650 and he said it's coming out at the end of the month and it will have PTT....Soon as I came home I heard there is a leaked manual out...So yea DUDE...I BELIEVE
    03-12-10 09:58 PM
    My friend's Girlfriend works for VZN..And she said the DM came in today with the Bold 9650 and he said it's coming out at the end of the month and it will have PTT....Soon as I came home I heard there is a leaked manual out...So yea DUDE...I BELIEVE
    It would be cool to see it at the end of the month. But i am not going to get my hope to high
    03-12-10 10:59 PM
    At 400k views, this forum should be renamed the "As The Blackberry Turns" forum! Its gone from the Tour 2, to the Bold, and now we are hearing its PTT for Verizon. Which means it wont work with Nextel, so the Sprint people have been aced. Im kinda leary about that claim, but im going to kick back,relax,and watch the frenzy. Game on people!
    03-12-10 11:04 PM
23,186 ... 115116117118119 ...