anyone have any new legitimate insider info as to the release date of this phone? i don't think there has been anything more than sepculation and random banter on these forums in almost a month
    03-08-10 03:16 PM
    Sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. Why would RIM no want a "high end" device for CDMA? Before the Tour and Bold, there was the 88** and the 83** series. Having a CDMA and GSM version of each isn't going to **** anyone off, it's going to make more money for RIM. For example they would be able to get Tour users to possibly upgrade to the Bold because it could be marketed as a more "high end" device.

And you say that the Tour "hardware specs are designed to appeal to the mass market", which also doesn't make any sense. If you add a trackpad and wifi to a Tour, you essentially have a Bold (minus the faster processor if it isnt upgraded) that just looks different.
    again no one is stopping BB from releasing a tour and bold on the CDMA network... its not a restriction that they can only lauch one type of BB either a tour or bold.. im just sayin that BB doesnt want to kill the tour brand as is perferct for the avg. user.. your avg. user doesnt need the fastest processor out there... nor do thy care to pay the premium bold price.. by your logic everyone would just drive a luxury car simply bc it has better engine and are "high end" as if price has no impact on consumers... yes the bold has a faster processor but its not free... and not to sound like a sexist bc im not... but women don't necessarily want to be carrying around a big blocky bold.. the tour has a size and shape that is unisex in nature... bold is regarded as a business"man" type phone and yes i know business"woman" use it too... but im speakin stickly in terms of mass market appeal... not too big not too small.. not necessarily the fastest processor just enought of what most ppl need... if that doesn't make sense thats fine.. im not tryin to convince u of anything... its just simple logic
    03-08-10 03:20 PM
    anyone have any new legitimate insider info as to the release date of this phone? i don't think there has been anything more than sepculation and random banter on these forums in almost a month
    Welcome to the Upcoming/Rumored Blackberry Smartphones section
    03-08-10 03:20 PM
    +2 points to you sir
    03-08-10 03:24 PM
    you r in the wrong section... try checking the forum under the legitimate/official tour2 release date section ... we just like to mess around in this rumored section with fake dates even tho we know the real lauch date
    03-08-10 03:33 PM
    you r in the wrong section... try checking the forum under the legitimate/official tour2 release date section ... we just like to mess around in this rumored section with fake dates even tho we know the real lauch date
    Sweet sarcasm. I understand how the forums work, I am just hoping for new information. I didn't realize that was so out of line that such long time users as yourselves needed to bash.
    03-08-10 03:52 PM
    Yes, according to Kevin as of a couple weeks ago, he was hoping the new Bold will be announced by the end up April. If thats the case, we should see the phone sometime in May.

thats the latest from the inside
    03-08-10 03:54 PM
    The sarcasm is only due to the fact that if anyone following this thread had any amount of actual information then it would already have been shared. I apologize if it came across as harsh...
    03-08-10 03:54 PM
    Sweet sarcasm. I understand how the forums work, I am just hoping for new information. I didn't realize that was so out of line that such long time users as yourselves needed to bash.
    we are just joking man... dont take it personally... i guess we are all frustrated with the dam BB release... whoever called this forum crackberry sure as **** got it rite... its turnin ppl into crackheads and animals... it was all in good fun dont take it personally though
    03-08-10 03:56 PM
    berrybore,

Thank you for the info. I've been thinking partially along these lines for a while.

One item: the Tour 9630 is actually bigger than the Bold 9700, not by much, but it is larger. Versus the 9000, now that's a different story....

ST

... but women don't necessarily want to be carrying around a big blocky bold.. the tour has a size and shape that is unisex in nature... bold is regarded as a business"man" type phone and yes i know business"woman" use it too... but im speakin stickly in terms of mass market appeal... not too big not too small..
    03-08-10 03:56 PM
    we are just joking man... dont take it personally... i guess we are all frustrated with the dam BB release... whoever called this forum crackberry sure as **** got it rite... its turnin ppl into crackheads and animals... it was all in good fun dont take it personally though
    The sarcasm is only due to the fact that if anyone following this thread had any amount of actual information then it would already have been shared. I apologize if it came across as harsh...
    I get that, I have been following every possible source of info regarding this phone for over a month, it just gets frustrating going weeks with nothing new. I also understand frustration with people who come into the forums and ask dumb questions without researching for the information first so I apologize if I came across that way
    03-08-10 04:04 PM
    berrybore,
    Thank you for the info. I've been thinking partially along these lines for a while.
    One item: the Tour 9630 is actually bigger than the Bold 9700, not by much, but it is larger. Versus the 9000, now that's a different story....
    ST
    Tour 9630 is 3mm taller and 2mm wider than Bold 9700 and that is due to the bezel, the keyboard and screen sizes are the same. It is very hard to tell the difference in your hand between the two phones except the Tour weighs 8 more grams.

Bold 9700 was improvement over Bold 9000 and Tour2/9650/Essex/whatever needs to be great improvement over Tour1/9630 or it will be a failure IMHO. 9700 was made smaller with same battery and same processor, but I hope new Tour WE(whatever) does not do the same thing b/c it needs to have a faster processor, bigger battery, more flash/appl memory in addition to an improved trackpad and wifi. Then some might be more likely to upgrade from Tour1 or Bold1/2, but certainly from Curve.
    03-08-10 04:38 PM
    So any update on when we might be seeing the Tour2?
    03-08-10 05:34 PM
    Yes, according to Kevin as of a couple weeks ago, he was hoping the new Bold will be announced by the end up April. If thats the case, we should see the phone sometime in May.

thats the latest from the inside
    What they said... lol
    03-08-10 05:38 PM
    My source did not mention delay... nor do i want to know the reason for delay.. nor do i want to start rumors.. bc at this point its all speculation... unless BB themselves tell me the reason for the delay i dont care... all i know is the tour2 is expected to be unveiled at the 2010 CTIA in march with an official lauch date by BB... as far as delay dont care... as long as the product is perfect and ready to go after announcement
    You make a lot of good points. If a T2 nomenclature is to remain, it will have the same form factor as the existing model � add track pad, wi-fi, improved software, speed, etc. From what you are saying here, this is what will be releasing. No way RIM calls it a Bold. If a Bold name is released for VZW, it will have to be in the same body style as the existing 9700 � which is what I was hoping for.
    03-08-10 07:01 PM
    hope its not another july release......
    03-08-10 08:56 PM
    [QUOTE=berrybore;4797672]all i know is the tour2 is expected to be unveiled at the 2010 CTIA in march with an official lauch date by BB...

ok the CTIA won't be March 22nd-25th, which is in two weeks....so that means more waiting! but atleast its something i could hang on to instead of thousands of rumors
    03-08-10 09:28 PM
    Fine with me, contract end in June

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 09:35 PM
    That would be almost perfect for me, lol. I'll be eligible for my annual upgrade in July. Truthfully though, I wish it would hurry up and be released already. It would be rough for me, having it out and not yet being able to get it, but at least I'd be able to gush over it, read reviews about it, watch Youtube videos for it, and so on and so forth.
    03-08-10 09:42 PM
    Do you think it still sounds like there could be a Tour 2 AND a Bold model released for Verizon? It also seems the were actual Tour 9650 that were initially sent out still floating around. And hasn't China Telecom stated that it will begin selling Blackberry handsets (9650) in March of 2010 which would seem to imply the model still may surface?

berrybore,

ST
    03-09-10 06:10 AM
    I've worked with several of the cellular (and land-line) companies on the facility side, but know nothing regarding their inner workings on the technical or marketing sides. However, knowing how frugal they can be when it comes to their facilities, I can't imagine that they would go all the way into production phase with a new product and then decide to just completely scrap that product without having a way of making their money back.

Personal speculation only, I suspect that we'll either see the 9650 in the US, possibly with a new name, with software updates but no significant hardware changes within the next couple of months, OR the 9650 will be an "Asia-only" product (reference the China Telecom announcement), and the US CDMA market will see the 97xx Bold sometime in June or later. If the 9650 is released in the US, an upgraded top-of-the-line CDMA Bold later this year or sometime next year wouldn't surprise me. Of course, like I said, I'm just speculating.
    Last edited by StarTraveler; 03-09-10 at 07:58 AM.
    03-09-10 07:55 AM
    That would be almost perfect for me, lol. I'll be eligible for my annual upgrade in July. Truthfully though, I wish it would hurry up and be released already. It would be rough for me, having it out and not yet being able to get it, but at least I'd be able to gush over it, read reviews about it, watch Youtube videos for it, and so on and so forth.
    if it came out now, all the new phone bugs could maybe be worked out before you could even get the phone.
    03-09-10 08:51 AM
    I've worked with several of the cellular (and land-line) companies on the facility side, but know nothing regarding their inner workings on the technical or marketing sides. However, knowing how frugal they can be when it comes to their facilities, I can't imagine that they would go all the way into production phase with a new product and then decide to just completely scrap that product without having a way of making their money back.

Personal speculation only, I suspect that we'll either see the 9650 in the US, possibly with a new name, with software updates but no significant hardware changes within the next couple of months, OR the 9650 will be an "Asia-only" product (reference the China Telecom announcement), and the US CDMA market will see the 97xx Bold sometime in June or later. If the 9650 is released in the US, an upgraded top-of-the-line CDMA Bold later this year or sometime next year wouldn't surprise me. Of course, like I said, I'm just speculating.
    this makes the most sense out of anything ive heard in awhile.......
    03-09-10 08:57 AM
    ive been up for a new one since mid Feb....i dont want a tour1...ditched my omnia (POS) and activated an 8830....cant wait for the whatever comes out next...vzw current BB's arent that amazing....
    03-09-10 09:00 AM

Personal speculation only, I suspect that we'll either see the 9650 in the US, possibly with a new name, with software updates but no significant hardware changes within the next couple of months, OR the 9650 will be an "Asia-only" product (reference the China Telecom announcement), and the US CDMA market will see the 97xx Bold sometime in June or later.
    Definitely makes sense to me as well. If they did scrap it for release here, shipping it to China Telecom so they arent losing anything on the bottom line makes a world of sense. Like you said its just speculation but a good one at that.
    03-09-10 09:12 AM
23,186 ... 113114115116117 ...