End of March
    And what's your basis for that time period?
    03-08-10 08:36 AM
    Its coming out Feb 3rd....

oh wait =P
    03-08-10 09:18 AM
    Its coming out Feb 3rd....

oh wait =P
    I think we're currently at Feb 3rd +/- 10 weeks. G
    03-08-10 09:49 AM
    I think we're currently at Feb 3rd +/- 10 weeks. G
    Based on an inside source I have at CNET. They said that the tour2 will be unveiled at the CTIA 2010 at the end this month (March). That means they predict the phone to be released first on Verizon around mid April - early May time frame. So I know you all are gettin impatient but if you've held out this long mite as well just hold out for one more month. It will be well worth the wait. The phones are in production and should be out of beta by CTIA where BB plans on making a major annoucement, not related to tour2 but thier overall BB enterprise server changes/app store etc. The typical apple type speech. Seems like all phones are heading in that direction with the apps/developer kits. Anyways... stay tuned for CTIA and tour2 to be unveiled there with all the specs and carriar news.
    03-08-10 09:56 AM
    Another inside source. We've learned that these inside sources know maybe as much as the local VZW retail reps, not much.
    03-08-10 09:59 AM
    Based on an inside source I have at CNET. They said that the tour2 will be unveiled at the CTIA 2010 at the end this month (March). That means they predict the phone to be released first on Verizon around mid April - early May time frame. So I know you all are gettin impatient but if you've held out this long mite as well just hold out for one more month. It will be well worth the wait. The phones are in production and should be out of beta by CTIA where BB plans on making a major annoucement, not related to tour2 but thier overall BB enterprise server changes/app store etc. The typical apple type speech. Seems like all phones are heading in that direction with the apps/developer kits. Anyways... stay tuned for CTIA and tour2 to be unveiled there with all the specs and carriar news.
    i hope this phone is unveiled at CTIA if not i give up.
    03-08-10 10:06 AM
    but if you've held out this long mite as well just hold out for one more month. It will be well worth the wait.
    I've been saying this to myself since December I'll continue to wait though, I bought an iPod touch on eBay to satisfy my 'new toy' cravings for a while
    03-08-10 10:07 AM
    Another inside source. We've learned that these inside sources know maybe as much as the local VZW retail reps, not much.
    I am not trying to convince anyone.. just passing along info. that was passed onto me... its upto the person if they want to take the info or not... i know i m going to wait what phones are unveiled at CTIA in march... so for those who couldn't be patient and end up getting tour1 with trackball issues... i'll be waiving my tour2 with trackpad come april and others can drool
    03-08-10 10:28 AM
    Yeah, but the Best Buy salesperson, now there is an inside source for you!
    03-08-10 10:29 AM
    Ther Tour 2 is now a Bold, haven't you heard? Another inside source gave us that tidbit.
    03-08-10 10:32 AM
    Ther Tour 2 is now a Bold, haven't you heard? Another inside source gave us that tidbit.
    well based on the inventory names in the verizon and sprint system for upcomming phones... the phone is still stated under the the tour brand name.... and whoever started that roomer is just silly.. there's no logic behind that... thats like saying the new bmw 3 series is coming out but bmw decided to delay the lauch and decided to launch it under the 5 series brand. BB wouldnt canobolize thier brands. They have bascially 4 diff sectors, low end (curve), mid grade (tour), high end (bold) and the oulier wannabe iphone (storm) and soon to be another ridiculious contracption ( the slider or dakota or watever the f they want to call it) i call it ugly... but back to my original point... a tour cannot be called a bold bc its a completely diff class of phone that required major hardware/functional upgrades and bascialy end the mid range phones and therefore leave an entire mid range market untapped... i dont think idiots r running BB and would never give that segment up by gettin rid of the tour brand
    03-08-10 10:44 AM
    well based on the inventory names in the verizon and sprint system for upcomming phones... the phone is still stated under the the tour brand name.... and whoever started that roomer is just silly.. there's no logic behind that... thats like saying the new bmw 3 series is coming out but bmw decided to delay the lauch and decided to launch it under the 5 series brand. BB wouldnt canobolize thier brands. They have bascially 4 diff sectors, low end (curve), mid grade (tour), high end (bold) and the oulier wannabe iphone (storm) and soon to be another ridiculious contracption ( the slider or dakota or watever the f they want to call it) i call it ugly... but back to my original point... a tour cannot be called a bold bc its a completely diff class of phone that required major hardware/functional upgrades and bascialy end the mid range phones and therefore leave an entire mid range market untapped... i dont think idiots r running BB and would never give that segment up by gettin rid of the tour brand
    What you're saying doesn't make any sense. If the phone is in production now with BETAs available by CTIA that means that they have made some hardware/design changes to this device. If that is the case, why would it still come out as a Tour, not a Bold? What in the **** kind of sense does it make to basically start-over with the 9650 and then still call it a Tour???
    03-08-10 11:05 AM
    the rumored bold is the slider phone, and whoever heard about and got a little trigger happy saying the next phone coming is going to be the bold.. Which would mean the previous real bold, the bold slider, and then a verizon and sprint bold be out and they all be different phones, I dont see that happening. And its not like Verizon is just going to get the slider because its supposedly strictly GSM. JMHO
    03-08-10 11:05 AM
    the rumored bold is the slider phone, and whoever heard about and got a little trigger happy saying the next phone coming is going to be the bold.. Which would mean the previous real bold, the bold slider, and then a verizon and sprint bold be out and they all be different phones, I dont see that happening. And its not like Verizon is just going to get the slider because its supposedly strictly GSM. JMHO
    This may be correct and there have also been an equal or greater number of articles, RIM official FaceBook posts, leaked e-mails, leaked inventory lists, leaked software updates, inside source rumors, etc. that have said there was a Tour 2 or Tour 9650 coming soon.
    03-08-10 11:13 AM
    This may be correct and there have also been an equal or greater number of articles, RIM official FaceBook posts, leaked e-mails, leaked inventory lists, leaked software updates, inside source rumors, etc. that have said there was a Tour 2 or Tour 9650 coming soon.
    I am agreeing with this, and saying its was, been, and still is the tour 2 that will be out either soon or whenever, when verizon and sprint get their model of this phone.
    I was just saying somebody confused the bold/slider leak and assume that the tour must have been scrapped for a "bold" name.
    03-08-10 11:19 AM
    What you're saying doesn't make any sense. If the phone is in production now with BETAs available by CTIA that means that they have made some hardware/design changes to this device. If that is the case, why would it still come out as a Tour, not a Bold? What in the **** kind of sense does it make to basically start-over with the 9650 and then still call it a Tour???
    Whats so hard to comprehend... is it me or does this forum lack logic? Tour is a brand of BB and 9650 is the model number under that tour brand. What does beta, delta, charlie have anything to do with making a tour into a bold... you can have beta releases of the same phone... i know its a surprise but thy can have beta testin at the sofware level too.. thy don't necessarily have to make hardware changes. Even BB officialy called it a tour on ther facebook post before removing it... i agree that someone just got trigger happy with the bold name and ppl jumped on that bandwagon w/out using logic... so to simplify tour is a brand under BB and 9650 is the model number of that particular tour... dont worry so much abt beta delta charlie releases... thats just typical tweeks all companies do b4 official releasing/annoucing it... try not to confuse the two
    03-08-10 11:29 AM
    Whats so hard to comprehend... is it me or does this forum lack logic? Tour is a brand of BB and 9650 is the model number under that tour brand. What does beta, delta, charlie have anything to do with making a tour into a bold... you can have beta releases of the same phone... i know its a surprise but thy can have beta testin at the sofware level too.. thy don't necessarily have to make hardware changes. Even BB officialy called it a tour on ther facebook post before removing it... i agree that someone just got trigger happy with the bold name and ppl jumped on that bandwagon w/out using logic... so to simplify tour is a brand under BB and 9650 is the model number of that particular tour... dont worry so much abt beta delta charlie releases... thats just typical tweeks all companies do b4 official releasing/annoucing it... try not to confuse the two
    Ok, so what then has delayed this release?? We all know that it was slated to be released the first week of Feb. and then got pushed back. So you're saying that a software issue is what is pushing this device back 4 months? That makes little sense.
    03-08-10 12:13 PM
    Ok, so what then has delayed this release?? We all know that it was slated to be released the first week of Feb. and then got pushed back. So you're saying that a software issue is what is pushing this device back 4 months? That makes little sense.
    we can speculate all we want about the delay... i m not going to pretend that i have all the answers and start rumors about delay... i just wanted to put it out there that it is possible to have a software delay and not just hardware.. and yes even software delays can last several months.. i work at an IT/consulting firm and we have software delays that extend out for months all the time... and given the complexity of the new OS and all hte app/developer tool kit bs... 4 months is nothing.. anyways my initial point is that the tour wil lstill be the tour and not the bold... thy r completely two diff brands under BB and the tour brand is not being canabolized by the bold brand... you can quote me on that when the tour2 arrives during CTIA
    03-08-10 01:09 PM
    At this point, we don't really care if it comes out as the Tour2 or whether BB re-brands it as a Bold2. We just want it either way as soon as possible. The name is not important to me.
    03-08-10 01:39 PM
    At this point, we don't really care if it comes out as the Tour2 or whether BB re-brands it as a Bold2. We just want it either way as soon as possible. The name is not important to me.
    +1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-08-10 01:49 PM
    patience my freind patience... your patience will be rewarded the last week of March during CTIA when BB announces release plans for the tour2
    03-08-10 01:55 PM
    So I understand that this person seems to think that it will be called the tour2, which like others said is fine. I don't care what its called. But what will the form factor be of the device? Will it be like the tour but with a trackpad or will it be new hardware and more like a cdma 9700? That's what I am really interested to see

Though I can't garuntee that the form factor will be the same as the current tour I am confident based on my inside source at CNET( a very reputable tech website, im sure you agree as well)... that the tour2 will be just like the tour with the addition of trackpad and wifi along with other internal spec differences tat BB will announce at CTIA which Im sure you know as well. Ok so first a disclosure, this is my insight based on what i was told from my source at CNET and pure logic that the tour2 will have similar hardware/apprearance to current generation. Here is why, 1) BB doesn't want to cut into the bold series and devalue the current line as it is regarded at BB's premium line of phones... thats like the bmw rebranding the 5 series as the 7 series... im sure the current 7 owners will be pissed abt that.. its a simple status issue. 2) the tour hardware specs are designed to appeal to the mass market.. the middle 60-70% of the smartphone users... something not low end like the curve (meant for newbies and non techs) and not too high like the bold (meants for heavy users, businessmen, and spoiled brats who think thy need high end devices to make a point, and wannabes) .. tour hardware specs, shape, size, asthetics are desiged specifically to fill in this gap btwn low end and high end... not too big (bold) and not too small (curve) and not too iphony( storm)... just right to the avg. normal user
    03-08-10 02:17 PM
    Though I can't garuntee that the form factor will be the same as the current tour I am confident based on my inside source at CNET( a very reputable tech website, im sure you agree as well)... that the tour2 will be just like the tour with the addition of trackpad and wifi along with other internal spec differences tat BB will announce at CTIA which Im sure you know as well. Ok so first a disclosure, this is my insight based on what i was told from my source at CNET and pure logic that the tour2 will have similar hardware/apprearance to current generation. Here is why, 1) BB doesn't want to cut into the bold series and devalue the current line as it is regarded at BB's premium line of phones... thats like the bmw rebranding the 5 series as the 7 series... im sure the current 7 owners will be pissed abt that.. its a simple status issue. 2) the tour hardware specs are designed to appeal to the mass market.. the middle 60-70% of the smartphone users... something not low end like the curve (meant for newbies and non techs) and not too high like the bold (meants for heavy users, businessmen, and spoiled brats who think thy need high end devices to make a point, and wannabes) .. tour hardware specs, shape, size, asthetics are desiged specifically to fill in this gap btwn low end and high end... not too big (bold) and not too small (curve) and not too iphony( storm)... just right to the avg. normal user
    did your source mention what the delay was all about?
    03-08-10 02:30 PM
    did your source mention what the delay was all about?
    My source did not mention delay... nor do i want to know the reason for delay.. nor do i want to start rumors.. bc at this point its all speculation... unless BB themselves tell me the reason for the delay i dont care... all i know is the tour2 is expected to be unveiled at the 2010 CTIA in march with an official lauch date by BB... as far as delay dont care... as long as the product is perfect and ready to go after announcement
    03-08-10 03:04 PM
    1) BB doesn't want to cut into the bold series and devalue the current line as it is regarded at BB's premium line of phones... thats like the bmw rebranding the 5 series as the 7 series... im sure the current 7 owners will be pissed abt that.. its a simple status issue. 2) the tour hardware specs are designed to appeal to the mass market.. the middle 60-70% of the smartphone users... something not low end like the curve (meant for newbies and non techs) and not too high like the bold (meants for heavy users, businessmen, and spoiled brats who think thy need high end devices to make a point, and wannabes)
    Sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. Why would RIM no want a "high end" device for CDMA? Before the Tour and Bold, there was the 88** and the 83** series. Having a CDMA and GSM version of each isn't going to **** anyone off, it's going to make more money for RIM. For example they would be able to get Tour users to possibly upgrade to the Bold because it could be marketed as a more "high end" device.

And you say that the Tour "hardware specs are designed to appeal to the mass market", which also doesn't make any sense. If you add a trackpad and wifi to a Tour, you essentially have a Bold (minus the faster processor if it isnt upgraded) that just looks different.
    03-08-10 03:07 PM
23,186 ... 112113114115116 ...