This Just In! RIM is no longer making CDMA devices.

/sarcasm =)
    03-03-10 12:13 AM
    haha I don't know. But it does say, "the carrier [China Telecom] plans to introduce the 9550, 9630 and 9650 Blackberry models in the second half of 2010." If china is going to get it, shouldn't we? And when it comes to cellphones, doesn't the US get it first? I just wanted to throw what I found and see what people think of it. I just want my tour2!
    Believe it or not, and I'm surprised at this...Asia actually gets more advanced phones (especially NOKIA) before the US does. They have way more cooler phone than the US.
    03-03-10 12:58 AM
    Believe it or not, and I'm surprised at this...Asia actually gets more advanced phones (especially NOKIA) before the US does. They have way more cooler phone than the US.
    why are you surprised at this? this has been the case forever. also their internet is MUCH faster than ours.
    03-03-10 04:28 AM
    why are you surprised at this? this has been the case forever. also their internet is MUCH faster than ours.
    Ya seriously. Look at Japan. Their phones were doing some pretty advance things even before the first iPhone ever came out. That's why iPhone never really took off there. For us in the US, it was a nice sleek gadget, while there, it was just another phone. Heck, they were using their phones as credit cards way back then when shopping in person, while we are still trying to workout how this can be achieved...
    03-03-10 07:02 AM
    haha good one. I'm telling you, all these rumors about the tour2 is a mess. Was it like this for the previous BBs?
    yeah, the rumors have always been a mess with other Blackberrys in the past. Even Tour 1 when it was rumors flying all over the place that it was going to be a touch screen Tour with a qwerty keyboard lol
    03-03-10 08:07 AM
    I understand that could be the case for japan but for china? Aren't they just getting the iphone? I just saw another article saying that china are going to get the 9650 in H2 of 2010. Hopefully, we get it waaaay before they do. Rim better have a good explanation of this.
    03-03-10 08:45 AM
    They just posted pics of the Blackberry slider....Could this be a reason the Essex got scrapped? Quite Possible.
    It would be bad if RIM scrapped the Tour2-Essex-Bold to concentrate on a Pre Wannabe phone.
    03-03-10 08:54 AM
    I would wait and see what pops up.
    03-03-10 01:09 PM
    It would be bad if RIM scrapped the Tour2-Essex-Bold to concentrate on a Pre Wannabe phone.
    +1 Yeah, what he said, don't want no Pre Wannabe phone.

I would wait and see what pops up.
    "That's what she said!" - Michael Scott, The Office
    03-03-10 03:35 PM
    Don't see that happening at this point.

03-03-10 05:05 PM
    Don't see that happening at this point.
    At this point who knows. Right now there is almost no solid information about what type of phone, if any, is going to be released. It's bizarre how little information there is right now about this phantom device.
    03-03-10 05:11 PM
    At this point who knows. Right now there is almost no solid information about what type of phone, if any, is going to be released. It's bizarre how little information there is right now about this phantom device.
    X2. At this point, we know NOTHING of the upcoming Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 05:39 PM
    X2. At this point, we know NOTHING of the upcoming Bold.

+1, i dont like it but it is true
    03-03-10 05:41 PM
    My sprint phone just went up and I was going to buy the curve or the tour but I decided to activate a old phone and I'll hold out for like 2 months or so then maybe jump on the curve or tour1 if it isn't out then. My Wife's phone JUST broke as well and she was trying to activate a old sprint phone too via the web and a sprint worker was helper her, She asked her when the tour2 is coming out and she said hold on let me look into that then said" The tour2 is not coming to sprint it will be out on the verizon network" after speaking with a supervisor

Is there truth to that? I don't pay for my sprint bill so I would like to stay with them so maybe it's best to get one of the blackberrys they have now if we won't see a tour2 on sprint.

Some tur
    03-03-10 06:45 PM
    Sprint CSRs and their supervisors seldom know very much. And even less about VZ.

B B
    03-03-10 07:57 PM
    Long time follower of this forum, specifically this thread. I've been waiting to hear about a release for this Tour2/Essex/Bold since last november. My last phone broke during a ski trip in december, and I've been using a 6 year old sanyo since then awaiting this phone.

Anyway I thought i'd post this since no one else has yet

More BlackBerry slider pics appear -- is this the next Bold? -- Engadget

I'm really hoping that this is a separate incarnation from the phone that is so hyped in this forum
    03-03-10 11:03 PM
    Keep in mind though the Tour 2 or Bold 9730 will not be an entirely new phone; whatever they end up calling it it still won't be a new as something like the so called Slider so it makes sense the Slider would get more attention for now.

03-04-10 06:40 AM
    Long time follower of this forum, specifically this thread. I've been waiting to hear about a release for this Tour2/Essex/Bold since last november. My last phone broke during a ski trip in december, and I've been using a 6 year old sanyo since then awaiting this phone.

Anyway I thought i'd post this since no one else has yet

More BlackBerry slider pics appear -- is this the next Bold? -- Engadget

I'm really hoping that this is a separate incarnation from the phone that is so hyped in this forum
    The Slider is rumored not to be CDMA (ie, not Verizon & Sprint), so this would be completely different from the Essex.
    03-04-10 06:41 AM
    Wouldn't be surprised if there is still a Tour 2 AND a Bold 9730.

The Slider is rumored not to be CDMA (ie, not Verizon & Sprint), so this would be completely different from the Essex.
    03-04-10 12:02 PM
    Wouldn't be surprised if there is still a Tour 2 AND a Bold 9730.
    This would probably explain a lot of the confusion and disagreements in various posts, rumors, speculations and other misinformation going around the net.
    03-04-10 12:18 PM
    I was just in a vzw store and was told Q2. The reasoning I was told is because of the Curves sales with the trackpad. They over produced the curve 2 and is trying to maximize the sales of the unit before they launch the tour2 with a trackpad because the sales will essentially hault. Kind of makes sense?

03-04-10 01:04 PM
    Couldn't wait. Dumped my iphone (finally) and upgraded to a 9700. If/when tour2 comes out, and AT&T service in NYC hasn't improved, will switch to VZW and get the T2.

9700... My first BB, and only thing I hate is realizing I should have switched to BB years ago.

03-04-10 03:35 PM
    Couldn't wait. Dumped my iphone (finally) and upgraded to a 9700. If/when tour2 comes out, and AT&T service in NYC hasn't improved, will switch to VZW and get the T2.

9700... My first BB, and only thing I hate is realizing I should have switched to BB years ago.

Welcome to the world of BlackBerry and good move my Navy Airman brother (or sister).

BTW, verizon seems to work great in Manhattan and NYC surrounds for sure. Att, not so much.
    03-04-10 03:42 PM
    I know you weren't saying anything about me. I could care less if people flame what I post, just offering what I was told. I also was told that the official Verizon 5.0 for the Tour should be out within the month. Who knows how much these guys actually may know or say. Again figured I'd share I was told.
    03-04-10 06:01 PM
    Bring on 5.0 already.

I know you weren't saying anything about me. I could care less if people flame what I post, just offering what I was told. I also was told that the official Verizon 5.0 for the Tour should be out within the month. Who knows how much these guys actually may know or say. Again figured I'd share I was told.
    03-04-10 08:24 PM
23,186 ... 110111112113114 ...