Man oh man. Stay tuned to twitter. Just saw this:

BBMCHAT

Trying to confirm: may be some bad news for. Those of you waiting for the 9650/9750 on Vzw and the culprit (nexus) getting facts together about 1 hours ago via UberTwitter
    have not seen the bad news pop up yet.
    i hate this wait.
    03-02-10 02:29 PM
    Maybe summer or even Q3 for the T2 now?The Q1 window for releasing the 9650 seems to have slammed shut.Now VZW will focus on the CDMA version of the Nexus One and the rest of it's Android line. Just guessing but I bet I'm not too far off.
    i'd say that's a pretty good guess. i'm not eligible for my upgrade til Nov so i'll continue to wait. HOPEFULLY it's released by then. i'll definitely get it if it's released sooner .
    03-02-10 02:38 PM
    Okay WTF is going on? I've been REALLY busy with school and have been out of the loop lately, can somebody please give me a brief update of the latest gossip? Are people saying that RIM is ditching the 9650 all-together? I'm so confused
    03-02-10 02:47 PM
    Okay WTF is going on? I've been REALLY busy with school and have been out of the loop lately, can somebody please give me a brief update of the latest gossip? Are people saying that RIM is ditching the 9650 all-together? I'm so confused
    Essentially, the rumor is that RIM is ditching the 9650 in favor of a CDMA Bold. It's unclear yet if they are just making changes to the "Tour 2" or if they are coming out with a completely new device. Release date is unclear, although a poster on Twitter (Plethora9 I believe), who was the first to say that the Tour 2 is really going to be a Bold, indicated that the roll out for the new device (whatever it is) is slated for June.
    03-02-10 02:52 PM
    Essentially, the rumor is that RIM is ditching the 9650 in favor of a CDMA Bold. It's unclear yet if they are just making changes to the "Tour 2" or if they are coming out with a completely new device. Release date is unclear, although a poster on Twitter (Plethora9 I believe), who was the first to say that the Tour 2 is really going to be a Bold, indicated that the roll out for the new device (whatever it is) is slated for June.
    okay, thanks
    03-02-10 02:59 PM
    No disrespect to Plethora9 or anyone else in here or elsewhere, but I read an article (not a blog or forum post) on another site about a month or so back that the writer stated the he "thought RIM should call the Tour 9650 a Bold" and that has help fuel rumors that have snowballed into what we see now. I do not think that there has been any credible evidence of a name change or any confirmation of the 9650 being scrapped for something else. We do know that the 9650 was out being tested and other than a couple of rumors here or there, no real news from a credible source for a launch date or not.
    03-02-10 03:06 PM
    No disrespect to Plethora9 or anyone else in here or elsewhere, but I read an article (not a blog or forum post) on another site about a month or so back that the writer stated the he "thought RIM should call the Tour 9650 a Bold" and that has help fuel rumors that have snowballed into what we see now. I do not think that there has been any credible evidence of a name change or any confirmation of the 9650 being scrapped for something else. We do know that the 9650 was out being tested and other than a couple of rumors here or there, no real news from a credible source for a launch date or not.
    That's not exactly true. Kevin and SinternetJr have both indicated that hardware changes are being made to the Tour 2.
    03-02-10 03:20 PM
    I completely agree with this. However, while there is no credible information, I do think that if the 9650 were coming, there would be more in the "wild" at this point since it was rumored to be coming out for the last few months and they started showing up in December or so. That is why I believe there is a hardware change coming and also the Bold name. Who knows if I am right or even close to right lol, just what I'm thinking.
    03-02-10 03:40 PM
    The funny thing about all this is that I was reading rumors for the Tour launch last year and a lot of the same stuff that's being said about the Essex was said about that phone too. *raises eyebrow* We see how that actually panned out. Not a bold. Not this. Not that. I think people are saying things about the name and hardware changes because it's plausible, not because it's solid fact.
    03-02-10 03:51 PM
    That's not exactly true. Kevin and SinternetJr have both indicated that hardware changes are being made to the Tour 2.
    OK, no argument with that, but where did that information come from and when? I don't doubt that there are some hardware changes coming, God knows hardware changes are needed. I have also read that same information on other sites as well, not one of them quoting any verifiable source, not that I am asking that they reveal their sources to me or anyone else, but just saying that it is so, don't make it so. Again, no disrespect to Plethora9, Kevin, SinternetJr or anyone else in here or elsewhere, I for one appreciate good intel when it is really good intel as much as anybody. However, one rumor has led to another and it has gotten to point that people are stating things as fact from RIM or VZW or Sprint when in fact they are not facts, just more rumors.
    03-02-10 04:07 PM
    I completely agree with this. However, while there is no credible information, I do think that if the 9650 were coming, there would be more in the "wild" at this point since it was rumored to be coming out for the last few months and they started showing up in December or so. That is why I believe there is a hardware change coming and also the Bold name. Who knows if I am right or even close to right lol, just what I'm thinking.
    Agreed, but there are valid arguments both for the Tour and for the Bold name plates, like that makes any difference at this point.

The funny thing about all this is that I was reading rumors for the Tour launch last year and a lot of the same stuff that's being said about the Essex was said about that phone too. *raises eyebrow* We see how that actually panned out. Not a bold. Not this. Not that. I think people are saying things about the name and hardware changes because it's plausible, not because it's solid fact.
    Far as I know, Essex is still the only name being used for the proposed or maybe not proposed new Tour2 9650/Bold 9730 whatever. Yes, people are saying this and that because it is plausible and nothing is solid fact except that there were some Essex 9650s sent to testers some time back.
    03-02-10 04:12 PM
    Good info!

03-02-10 06:08 PM
    I have a friend who knows this guy that used to work for Verizon and he said the Tour 3 is coming out July5th. I'm totally waiting.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 06:56 PM
    That joke never gets old..
    03-02-10 07:09 PM
    So whats with this story?

subscribed to google alerts and this came in today:
    JLM Pacific Epoch - Source: Telecom to Launch Blackberry by Mid-March

Don't know if it's reliable so don't put all your eggs in the basket and trust it. But it does lifts your spirits a little if you're desperately waiting for the tour2. Patience will pay off someday.
    03-02-10 08:03 PM
    So whats with this story?
    haha I don't know. But it does say, "the carrier [China Telecom] plans to introduce the 9550, 9630 and 9650 Blackberry models in the second half of 2010." If china is going to get it, shouldn't we? And when it comes to cellphones, doesn't the US get it first? I just wanted to throw what I found and see what people think of it. I just want my tour2!
    03-02-10 08:11 PM
    haha I don't know. But it does say, "the carrier [China Telecom] plans to introduce the 9550, 9630 and 9650 Blackberry models in the second half of 2010." If china is going to get it, shouldn't we?
    uh-oh ! That's NOT good news. Now we know where they sent the unused 9650 that they scrapped. They are all headed to China !
    03-02-10 08:54 PM
    if they really are scrapping the phone for us carriers to go to a cdma bold, china could be what they are doing with the leftover inventory that was to be sold in the us.
    03-02-10 08:55 PM
    Man oh man. Stay tuned to twitter. Just saw this:

BBMCHAT

Trying to confirm: may be some bad news for. Those of you waiting for the 9650/9750 on Vzw and the culprit (nexus) getting facts together about 1 hours ago via UberTwitter
    Any updates?
    03-02-10 08:58 PM
    I don't know, but testman is REAL wacky right now for me!! Anyone else?
    03-02-10 09:14 PM
    They just posted pics of the Blackberry slider looks real nice First Live Images of a BlackBerry Slider; Could This be the Storm3? - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

Could this be a reason the Essex got scrapped? Quite Possible.
    03-02-10 09:42 PM
    They just posted pics of the Blackberry slider looks real nice First Live Images of a BlackBerry Slider; Could This be the Storm3? - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

Could this be a reason the Essex got scrapped? Quite Possible.
    talk about top-heavy
    03-02-10 09:53 PM
    uh-oh ! That's NOT good news. Now we know where they sent the unused 9650 that they scrapped. They are all headed to China !
    haha good one. I'm telling you, all these rumors about the tour2 is a mess. Was it like this for the previous BBs?
    03-02-10 10:16 PM
    talk about top-heavy

Lol believe it or not it would be a good phone. The Pre would have been excellent if palm didnt drop the ball on the keyboard size and battery life of the pre. But isn't funny that they can get all the other phones correct expect for the Tours.
    03-02-10 10:22 PM
    I don't know, but testman is REAL wacky right now for me!! Anyone else?
    it is working just fine for me
    03-02-10 11:00 PM
23,186 ... 109110111112113 ...