So, you have to buy some "equipment" --an "air duster" to clean the ball?
    03-01-10 08:28 AM
    lyke omgz dis phone aint outz yet?

*loads gun*
    03-01-10 08:36 AM
    The canned air, you put a little straw on the end to blow out the dust and debris. I use it on all my electronic gizmos, use it a lot on my laptop keeping the dust out of it.
    03-01-10 08:59 AM
    Judging by the popularity of this forum topic, it seems there is a lot of pent up demand for a new Tour. If it doesn't come out soon, people will switch to ATT and get Bold and ATT would get all that business. That would be a real shame. ATT must have a strangle hold on Blackberry to not let Tour 2 come to market for Verizon...Someone is getting paid off perhaps. How difficult is it really...for Blackberry to bring Tour2 to Verizon NOW. Whats the hold up?
    03-01-10 09:29 AM
    No , you're not going to need any "equipment".

In January I took mine all up in the namib desert and even had this phone in the holster on my side when I was DIGGING IN THE SAND near Brandberg , and while hiking in the Messum Crater. I used the tour to take lots of pictured during this activity.

I also hiked to nearly the top of the Erongo mountains ( Erongo Province ) , Namibia. Again , in between scrambling up boulders I was taking lots of pictures.
    [
    So if I didnt have any problems ( and I am problem prone due to the nature of what I do ) then maybe you'll be lucky as well.

Granted , I dusted off my hands before using my berry. It seems the trackball problems are resolved.

Anyways, here is my SECOND recommendation for the Tour !
    Last edited by Rockdaeg; 03-01-10 at 06:53 PM.
    03-01-10 09:43 AM
    No , you're not going to need any "equipment".

In January I took mine all up in the namib desert and even had this phone in the holster on my side when I was DIGGING IN THE SAND near Brandberg , and while hiking in the Messum Crater.

I also hiked to nearly the top of the Erongo mountains ( Erongo Province ) , Namibia.

So if I didnt have any problems ( and I am problem prone due to the nature of what I do ) then maybe you'll be lucky as well.

Granted , I dusted off my hands before using my berry. It seems the trackball problems are resolved.

Anyways, here is my SECOND recommendation for the Tour !
    Agreed, quit worrying about the trackball and get the Tour already. There are at least three very easy ways to clean it and the rest of the keypad as well that should be done on a regular basis if it is used in a dirty environment. No special equipment needed, alcohol swabs, compressed air cans, or the paper strip method that can be found on YouTube and other places. Washing your hands helps as well.

We have 3 Tour 9630s going on 4-5 months of daily use with not one single problem whatsoever with trackballs or any other parts of the phones. We just bought 2 more Tours based upon this great experience and having had a few other BBs with trackballs before that going back a few years and not one single phone ever had a problem.
    03-01-10 09:55 AM
    Judging by the popularity of this forum topic, it seems there is a lot of pent up demand for a new Tour. If it doesn't come out soon, people will switch to ATT and get Bold and ATT would get all that business. That would be a real shame. ATT must have a strangle hold on Blackberry to not let Tour 2 come to market for Verizon...Someone is getting paid off perhaps. How difficult is it really...for Blackberry to bring Tour2 to Verizon NOW. Whats the hold up?
    There has been a lot of speculation as to why the device hasn't been released on this thread so I won't try to list them .

As for vzw losing business to att I don't think that will be too much of a concern cuz of att's service. Well at least that's why I don't plan on switching.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 09:57 AM
    There has been a lot of speculation as to why the device hasn't been released on this thread so I won't try to list them .

As for vzw losing business to att I don't think that will be too much of a concern cuz of att's service. Well at least that's why I don't plan on switching.

Yeah if AT&T could step up the service. Then verizob would have to be on the look out

03-01-10 10:08 AM
    I know this thread is drifting while we wait, so...my 2 cents...

I'll wait till April 1 and if no new BB on Sprint, I'll get the Tour (if they're still around). I told myself I'd wait till 1Q is over and that will be it. If a new phone comes out in April, I'll switch. Otherwise, I'll hang on with the Tour for 1 year. Now, if no new BB and the Supersonic hits, I'll just have to consider that. But my mind is set on BB on Sprint (works for me and is cheapest) at this point.

My hats off to the hold-outs! And I also understand when you hit the limit on waiting. Each person has to decide for her or himself. But really, it has been pretty crazy with this phone!
    03-01-10 10:13 AM
    The info on this phone has really dried up, hasn't it.
    03-01-10 10:59 AM
    What do you expect? How much info can people come out with (or make up even) until the manufacture or carrier actually announce something.

Just wait, damn.. CTIA2010 is coming March 24th I believe.. You'll hear something around then more than likely.
    03-01-10 11:13 AM

i would rather have no info than dead wrong info.
    03-01-10 11:14 AM
    OK, I have ordered a new trackball for my curve. I guess I am ready to settle in and wait for the eventual release of whatever this phone is going to be called.
    03-01-10 11:20 AM
    What will probably happen is it will just drop with no noticed.

03-01-10 01:53 PM
    We should be patient because if the June release date rumor is true, then this blackberry tour2/bold/essex will most likely be even better than the 9700.
    03-01-10 02:01 PM
    When RIM jumped the gun and announced it on their Facebook page:

http://crackberry.com/rim-teases-bla...oming-facebook

They were calling it the "Tour 9650." I'm guessing they're still going to call it a Tour, but are just waiting to sell of their current Tour inventory before releasing it.
    03-01-10 02:45 PM
    I've been a long time Blackberry user: 7290, 8700, 8310. I had a iPhone 3GS for about 6 months before switching back to my Curve/8310. In order to save on our monthly bill I wanted to switch to Sprint, but wanted to hold off waiting the Tour 2/9650. After last week's info about the Tour 2 being delayed/renamed I was just going to buy the Tour/9630.

First off I went to 3 local Best Buy locations and all 3 did not have the Tour in stock with no information on the next shipment. (Any ideas on this?) I dropped by my local Sprint Store but they were not going to waive activation so I just went home. I ordered the Tour through the Sprint website with the SAVE50 promo bringing my cost to $49 after credits and rebates. This was with no activation and free next day shipping.

Hopefully I won't have any of the mentioned problems with the first batches of Tours. That and if for some miracle the Tour 2/9650 comes out before March 30th I can just exchange everything out. Long story short, I got tired of waiting.
    03-01-10 03:05 PM
    RIM has done everything we didnt expect about the T2. Now that we are expecting the bold and the long wait, maybe the T2 will release this month. These numberous best buys out of stock of the T1 is really making me thing we might see the T2 soon. ha just being hopeful
    03-01-10 03:19 PM
    there were rumors late last month about best buy not replenishing stock for 9630's (viewed on BGR). guess it was true.....
    03-01-10 03:29 PM
    I've been a long time Blackberry user: 7290, 8700, 8310. I had a iPhone 3GS for about 6 months before switching back to my Curve/8310. In order to save on our monthly bill I wanted to switch to Sprint, but wanted to hold off waiting the Tour 2/9650. After last week's info about the Tour 2 being delayed/renamed I was just going to buy the Tour/9630.

First off I went to 3 local Best Buy locations and all 3 did not have the Tour in stock with no information on the next shipment. (Any ideas on this?) I dropped by my local Sprint Store but they were not going to waive activation so I just went home. I ordered the Tour through the Sprint website with the SAVE50 promo bringing my cost to $49 after credits and rebates. This was with no activation and free next day shipping.

Hopefully I won't have any of the mentioned problems with the first batches of Tours. That and if for some miracle the Tour 2/9650 comes out before March 30th I can just exchange everything out. Long story short, I got tired of waiting.
    You got a better deal on a great phone, don't know where you are located, but hopefully you will have better service on Sprint for less money.
    03-01-10 03:30 PM
    there were rumors late last month about best buy not replenishing stock for 9630's (viewed on BGR). guess it was true.....
    Please don't get your hopes up, there is no shortage of new shipments as of yet.
    03-01-10 03:32 PM
    You got a better deal on a great phone, don't know where you are located, but hopefully you will have better service on Sprint for less money.
    A good number of my friends are on Sprint and they have little to no problems with network coverage where we live. I'm in the Atlanta area so for the most part coverage shouldn't be a issue. I will save $30 per month vs. what I pay on AT&T for the same services.
    03-01-10 03:37 PM
    Please don't get your hopes up, there is no shortage of new shipments as of yet.
    too late... jk. i've lowered my expectations for this device's release date..i'm sure i'm not the only one..
    03-01-10 03:48 PM
    too late... jk. i've lowered my expectations for this device's release date..i'm sure i'm not the only one..
    Most all of us have lowered expectations of the release of the T2, I was however referring to the shipments of T1s.
    03-01-10 03:57 PM
    Yes, indeed! Good things come to those who wait...though we have been waiting for a while now so it better be good.

We should be patient because if the June release date rumor is true, then this blackberry tour2/bold/essex will most likely be even better than the 9700.
    03-01-10 06:15 PM
23,186 ... 107108109110111 ...