I checked out the Droid when it first came out and was very disappointed. I gotta have a keyboard so it is Bold 9730 all the way.

yeah, the touchseen and using android are the reasons i wont even look at buying one. lol
    02-28-10 12:11 PM
    I broke down today and said I'm going to settle for a Tour1 after all the foolishness(Tour2/Bold?). I call Bestbuy to find out the upgrade procedure and to see if they have them the 9630s in stock. It takes all of 20min to get to the store, and when i get there, "WE ARE OUT OF STOCK". WTH, I just called you people. Then the misguided rep says, well they are being discontinued, bcuz of the release of the new Tour, in late summer. LATE SUMMER! Why are you discontinuing so soon? What is the deal with this phone. This new Tour/Bold better get the morning paper and cook breakfast. I'm SOOO done at this point.
    02-28-10 01:08 PM
    I broke down today and said I'm going to settle for a Tour1 after all the foolishness(Tour2/Bold?). I call Bestbuy to find out the upgrade procedure and to see if they have them the 9630s in stock. It takes all of 20min to get to the store, and when i get there, "WE ARE OUT OF STOCK". WTH, I just called you people. Then the misguided rep says, well they are being discontinued, bcuz of the release of the new Tour, in late summer. LATE SUMMER! Why are you discontinuing so soon? What is the deal with this phone. This new Tour/Bold better get the morning paper and cook breakfast. I'm SOOO done at this point.
    Good. More Tour2/Bolds for us patient, non-overreacting people.
    02-28-10 01:21 PM
    I was at my Best Buy yesterday afternoon and they had several in stock and more on the way. They sell a lot of them at this store and probably most stores. I just bought a couple more for some of my office workers who decided that they liked mine so much. I know the guy in charge of their cell phones dept, he used to work for Verizon for a few years before that. No one at Best Buy has a clue when or if there will be a new Tour 2. He even stated that when he asked his rep about it recently, he was told it was way too soon for a new Tour model to launch, maybe this summer when it has been out for a full year. They are all so clueless!
    02-28-10 01:25 PM
    Eh I think I'm going to get a Palm Pre. I'm looking for my first smartphone, and I wanted a BB but I'm not enough of a fanatic to wait it out a few more months. VZW and RIM really dropped the ball on the first Tour and now the second one. I'll let you guys do all the waiting
    02-28-10 02:51 PM
    You guys and your "dropping the ball" crap. No one short of God himself can ever make all of you happy, and that's a stretch in itself to begin with..
    02-28-10 02:54 PM
    so which is it? u believe all the bad things you read here about the tour, but not the bad things about the pre? have fun with that and keep an extra $35 laying around.

Eh I think I'm going to get a Palm Pre. I'm looking for my first smartphone, and I wanted a BB but I'm not enough of a fanatic to wait it out a few more months. VZW and RIM really dropped the ball on the first Tour and now the second one. I'll let you guys do all the waiting
    02-28-10 03:39 PM
    Hope you enjoy your Palm Pre...many including myself will be here waiting.

02-28-10 04:27 PM
    so which is it? u believe all the bad things you read here about the tour, but not the bad things about the pre? have fun with that and keep an extra $35 laying around.
    I'm still deciding between the original Tour and the Palm Pre Plus, but leaning towards the Pre Plus. No wifi, trackball, and crap web browser is a deal killer for me. But the Pre Plus has bad battery life and small keyboard...still has more features that I like though.
    02-28-10 04:51 PM
    I'm still deciding between the original Tour and the Palm Pre Plus, but leaning towards the Pre Plus. No wifi, trackball, and crap web browser is a deal killer for me. But the Pre Plus has bad battery life and small keyboard...still has more features that I like though.
    Don't think the Pre Plus won't give you any hassles..

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-entirely.html
    02-28-10 05:10 PM
    have fun with that.
    02-28-10 05:31 PM
    if the nexus actually comes out in march, i might take a look at it. yeah yeah COMPLETELY different devices. but hey, why not? I'm sure not waiting until the end of summer for a phone, i simply need one before that and the tour doesnt do it for me. hopefully we hear something more about this before the end of march.
    02-28-10 05:42 PM
    The iPhone on Verizon?? HAHHAHAHAHA
    02-28-10 05:53 PM
    Probably will be a iphone on Verizon this year, but we all hope not. Verizon would be overloaded with with the ifads and our network would be shotty like at&t.
    02-28-10 06:10 PM
    iPhone all the way!!
    02-28-10 06:23 PM
    Probably will be a iphone on Verizon this year, but we all hope not. Verizon would be overloaded with with the ifads and our network would be shotty like at&t.
    I am with you, i dont want to see the iphone come to verizon
    02-28-10 07:11 PM
    I am with you, i dont want to see the iphone come to verizon
    the iphone coming to verizon would destroy blackberry.

i can't see anyone other than strict business users sticking with bb.
    02-28-10 07:38 PM

No, the iphone coming to Verizon would destroy Verizon and AT&T, AT&T people would jump ship to Verizon so they would have some consistent data and overload Verizon's network as AT&T's is now thus crumbling both networks. BB users will stay loyal no matter what. Remember AT&T has the best BB available in the Bold and they have no problem selling them next to the iphone.
    02-28-10 08:01 PM

the only people that would jump from a BB to an iphone are kids. so that they could show off an iphone.
    02-28-10 08:19 PM
    I'm sick of waiting. I'm on my 3rd Storm replacement in the last 2 weeks. I got a cool Tech Support guy and he got my new every 2 date moved up to today. I think I'm gonna cave in and go pick up a tour tomorrow.
    Last edited by kid6284; 02-28-10 at 11:05 PM.
    02-28-10 08:57 PM
    No, the iphone coming to Verizon would destroy Verizon and AT&T, AT&T people would jump ship to Verizon so they would have some consistent data and overload Verizon's network as AT&T's is now thus crumbling both networks. BB users will stay loyal no matter what. Remember AT&T has the best BB available in the Bold and they have no problem selling them next to the iphone.
    Your point is well taken and one that is overlooked by those that are enamored by the iPhone. Admittedly, AT&T does sell a lot of iPhones but it is not their only device. It is only speculation on my part but I believe the VZW-RIM strategy here is to come out with a BOLD for VZW to attract BlackBerry users that are now AT&T customers. There is a lot of "if only Verizon had the iPhone" whining that goes on and maybe there are a lot of Bold users that would move if Verizon had the phone.

I'm sure if VZW were to get the iPhone it would put a dent in the sales of other devices but I don't think it would be a death blow as some have suggested.
    02-28-10 09:30 PM
    I own a iPhone and it would be a great phone if it were on VZ, but I still love my BB and will keep it for a long long time.
    02-28-10 11:37 PM
    So, today I'm going to the Verizon Store, heartbroken that the Tour 2/Bold seems to have dropped from radar. I am wondering if you guys think it's really, honestly, no questions asked, coming out? I'm in a pickle cause my NET was up the first of Feb. Which phone should I get? I've almost decided on the Tour 1, but the rating on that phone has dropped in the last week! I've also been thinking about the Storm 2.

Here's the deal. I have never used a Blackberry before. What I'm looking for is a phone for texting, email, and occasional browsing, plus a day planner type calendar to track appointments, etc. I keep hearing that the Tour is labor intensive as far as figuring it out (unless you are a serious techy type).

I am so disappointed that the phone I really wanted seems to be on some way back burner for now--and with speculated dates ranging from April - the end of the Summer, I need to do something in the very near future.

So any thoughts, ideas, opinions that would help me navigate this wave of confusion I'm going through would be wonderful!
    03-01-10 08:11 AM
    Your point is well taken and one that is overlooked by those that are enamored by the iPhone. Admittedly, AT&T does sell a lot of iPhones but it is not their only device. It is only speculation on my part but I believe the VZW-RIM strategy here is to come out with a BOLD for VZW to attract BlackBerry users that are now AT&T customers. There is a lot of "if only Verizon had the iPhone" whining that goes on and maybe there are a lot of Bold users that would move if Verizon had the phone.

I'm sure if VZW were to get the iPhone it would put a dent in the sales of other devices but I don't think it would be a death blow as some have suggested.
    Thats very much was what I was thinking. I actually think it will hurt the sale of other smartphones other than Berry's and Droid's. I think these elite phones sale will be hurt to much in sales. Now would think the dumb phone market would take a hit because people will be willing to pay data charges if they get the "iphone". Having said all that, back on topic, check out this news article from this morning, it mentions the Blackberry 9650.....in China this summer.

JLM Pacific Epoch - Source: Telecom to Launch Blackberry by Mid-March
    03-01-10 08:11 AM
    So, today I'm going to the Verizon Store, heartbroken that the Tour 2/Bold seems to have dropped from radar. I am wondering if you guys think it's really, honestly, no questions asked, coming out? I'm in a pickle cause my NET was up the first of Feb. Which phone should I get? I've almost decided on the Tour 1, but the rating on that phone has dropped in the last week! I've also been thinking about the Storm 2.

Here's the deal. I have never used a Blackberry before. What I'm looking for is a phone for texting, email, and occasional browsing, plus a day planner type calendar to track appointments, etc. I keep hearing that the Tour is labor intensive as far as figuring it out (unless you are a serious techy type).

I am so disappointed that the phone I really wanted seems to be on some way back burner for now--and with speculated dates ranging from April - the end of the Summer, I need to do something in the very near future.

So any thoughts, ideas, opinions that would help me navigate this wave of confusion I'm going through would be wonderful!
    I went ahead and got the 9630 cause I just loved the feel of the just, just as I would on the 9650/Bold. I needed a phone now, and I think the Storm2 is the best touchscreen I have ever used IMO. But I don't really care for them cause I have big hands, so I went with the 9630. I read a lot of here that people were having good success cleaning the balls with alcohol prep pad and air duster. As far as it being laboring learning the phone, it will be the same with the other Berrys, I have used a couple others but I didn't own them. I got mine on Friday and I come a long ways since then on learning the OS, although trying not to get to used to it since the 5.0 could drop anytime. Its a solid phone, just needs a little TLC. Even one guy have come up with a way to clean the ball with a putting a piece of paper under the ball and rolling it. The is my first Berry and won't be my last, I love these things, it was love at first sight.
    03-01-10 08:20 AM
23,186 ... 106107108109110 ...