My 9630 came yesterday, I'm no longer in the market for a phone for a couple of years at least.

Have fun, I'm outa here.
    02-25-10 05:18 PM
    The sob stories about how "mean" people are on this forum are getting old. This is the internet and we are human. We will have differences of opinion. Expect it. Sticks and stones. Now toughen up or hold your peace.
    So very true. I know I don't climb into bed and whisper to my girlfriend, someone was rude to me on that there internet. I don't know any of you personally, probably never will. Why care even relate this to your personal feelings, it's all just text on a screen. If you want feelings online join facebook, if you want realism, live your life outside of the computer and don't worry about it.

Anyways, I'm just hoping to see it by the end of March?? How hard is it for a guy to check out a phone in a lab? Plus as far as history goes RIM usually has a "spring time" phone if I do recall correctly?
    02-25-10 05:21 PM
    Congrats...ENJOY!

My 9630 came yesterday, I'm no longer in the market for a phone for a couple of years at least.

Have fun, I'm outa here.
    02-25-10 06:19 PM
    Sad, but true. Highly unlikely, but maybe Verizon will wake up and have things ahead of schedule.

you are going to need a lot more then one beer
    02-25-10 06:33 PM
    Sad, but true. Highly unlikely, but maybe Verizon will wake up and have things ahead of schedule.

Well in case it doesn't...I'll grab a 12 pack. Which sux cuz I'm a vodka drinker. This phone needs to come out soon.
    02-25-10 07:12 PM
    I've been reading this thread since december and it makes me laugh everyday as I patiently await the essex/tour2/bold/9650/whatever, while i continue to use my cracked screen, hourglass of ****, don't have enough memory for another app, curve 8330... I don't even really want the phone to come out anymore because it means this entire thread will be gone... <snif>
    -enjoy your beer bull. I know I'm enjoying mine.
    02-25-10 08:05 PM
    12 pack? You might just want to go for a case at this point.

Well in case it doesn't...I'll grab a 12 pack. Which sux cuz I'm a vodka drinker. This phone needs to come out soon.
    02-25-10 08:10 PM
    12 pack? You might just want to go for a case at this point.
    TRUCKLOAD!! a case will never last the two or three months!!
    02-25-10 08:34 PM
    TRUCKLOAD!! a case will never last the two or three months!!
    so are you surviving the snow storm??
    02-25-10 08:36 PM
    so are you surviving the snow storm??
    so far! it's terrible outside now. i'm waiting for it to be declared a state of emergency so i don't have work tomorrow
    02-25-10 08:47 PM
    very unlikely, but you never know. We can just hope.
    02-25-10 11:54 PM
    I stopped hoping and picked up the curve lmao. I guess the only thing O can hope for is this to come out in 30 days which won't happen but whatever.
    02-26-10 01:36 AM
    I am done with waiting on phones.... Went and bought a Tour, my first BB and I love it. When it comes time to upgrade it I will check to see if there is an OFFICIAL release date for the next latest and greatest if not I'll get the previous latest and greatest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 05:28 AM

Have fun, I'm outa here.
    I am done with waiting on phones.... Went and bought a Tour, my first BB and I love it. When it comes time to upgrade it I will check to see if there is an OFFICIAL release date for the next latest and greatest if not I'll get the previous latest and greatest.

I'm with both of you. I just bought my Tour off ebay last night, my first blackberry. I am done with the BS.
    Last edited by LL HUGH J; 02-26-10 at 05:40 AM.
    02-26-10 05:31 AM
    congrats on getting the Tour! It really is a great Blackberry! Its one of the best Blackberrys I have owned so far!
    02-26-10 06:13 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you guys. I gave up and upgraded.

02-26-10 06:19 AM
    Unfortunately, I don't think Verizon's track record has been ahead of schedule.

02-26-10 08:16 AM
    I'm almost at the point of giving up and getting a 9630 this weekend. but a tiny part of me wants to wait just cause I've been waiting for some time already. this weekend is my bday and a new 9630 would be a VERY nice gift...lol. decisions, decisions......
    02-26-10 08:42 AM
    I am gonna keep waiting.. as much as it's killing me.. I really want this phone and unless my 8330 breaks I will bear with it.
    02-26-10 08:51 AM
    I just bought my 9630 last fall, but would consider upgrading if the new model has enough features to justify the cost. And it must be more than just Wi-Fi and a trackpad because I can live without either of those.
    02-26-10 09:02 AM
    if you already have a BlackBerry I suggest to wait... but I luv my TOUR and I waited with the 8330 before it came out. Now I"m going to wait and wait and wait, but until then I'm going to continue to enjoy the TOUR. Great phone and personally I luv it better than my dh BOLD 9700.
    02-26-10 10:02 AM
    I have a question for you Tour folks then - and I apologize for being off topic -

How would I go about tranferring contacts of my current non-BB phone (LG enV Touch) to my Tour when it arrives?
    02-26-10 12:07 PM
    I have a question for you Tour folks then - and I apologize for being off topic -

How would I go about tranferring contacts of my current non-BB phone (LG enV Touch) to my Tour when it arrives?
    just take your new Blackberry and your old LG phone to Verizon. They can switch over your contacts to your new Blackberry for you
    02-26-10 01:20 PM
    Unfortunately, I don't think Verizon's track record has been ahead of schedule.
    VZWs track record is consistent. They do not provide advance information to the public about their "rumored" products. They (VZW and RIM) DO provide a variety of "test" products to a select few individuals. These test products can have the same model number but different features. For instance, during Storm2 testing one tester had a Storm2 that did NOT have wi-fi and another tester's device had it. Was VZW and RIM trying to feed confusion into the rumor mill, or testing the wi-fi before deciding to include it on the Storm2?

Despite what "test" device anyone might be providing pictures of and what date said device might be available to us, NO ONE KNOWS...except those few at VZW and RIM who pull the strings. This is not the FACT forum, it is the RUMOR forum. Anyone basing their expectations and needs on a rumored product is setting themselves up for disappointment.

The only time we can really verify the existence of a product is when we can go into the store and play with it. Furthermore, just because a new device is finally available to us does not guarantee that the device is "ready" for us.
    Last edited by i_hiker; 02-26-10 at 01:54 PM.
    02-26-10 01:38 PM
    VZWs track record is consistent. They do not provide advance information to the public about their "rumored" products. They (VZW and RIM) DO provide a variety of "test" products to a select few individuals. These test products can have the same model number but different features. For instance, during Storm2 testing one tester had a Storm2 that did NOT have wi-fi and another tester's device had it. Was VZW and RIM trying to feed confusion into the rumor mill, or testing the wi-fi before deciding to include it on the Storm2?

Despite what "test" device anyone might be providing pictures of and what date said device might be available to us, NO ONE KNOWS...except those few at VZW and RIM who pull the strings. This is not the FACT forum, it the the RUMOR forum. Anyone basing their expectations and needs on a rumored product is setting themselves up for disappointment.

The only time we can really verify the existence of a product is when we can go into the store and play with it. Furthermore, just because a new device is finally available to us does not guarantee that the device is "ready" for us.
    Amen to that! I follow another board where there is a thread category called "Truth and Rumors" that one is about 99.99% rumors and the rest is bs.
    02-26-10 01:50 PM
23,186 ... 104105106107108 ...