WTF??? Wow so they have 3 Bolds now that look different?? that's confusing....
    Then again I guess it's confusing to have two differently named phones that look almost identical. And I swear if this phone doesn't come out till the end of April I am never buying anything blackberry again I will be so pissed lol
    02-22-10 03:00 PM
    This is getting a little ridiculous on the continual postponement of this phone's release, especially since it is not new or groundbreaking. RIM and both of these carriers have phones with trackpads and WiFi~ Shouldn't be too difficult to get this phone made correctly. And if it is end of April, I am done waiting. Why wait for this not revolutionary phone any longer, been waiting since November, about six months for this phone just so those that ran out and bought 9630 without reading up on it won't get pissed that something much better was supposed to be just around the corner? What about those that are waiting? We aren't the ones that are locked into plans like those that upgraded less than a year ago... It would be much easier for us to leave the carrier.
    Last edited by Iwant9650; 02-22-10 at 03:12 PM.
    02-22-10 03:05 PM
    This is getting a little ridiculous on the continual postponement of this phone's release, especially since it is not new or groundbreaking. RIM and both of these carriers have phones with trackpads and WiFi~ Shouldn't be too difficult to get this phone made correctly
    you would think...

and I find it so hard to believe that these "updates" they're making will take 2 MONTHS! (if end of april is correct) I mean seriously. Somebody needs to get their crap together before they continue to lose people's interest in an item they seem to be spending so much time on. Ridiculous.
    02-22-10 03:10 PM
    BlackBerry Bold 9730
    02-22-10 03:12 PM
    Sounds good to me; now just release the darn thing :-)

BlackBerry Bold 9730
    02-22-10 03:17 PM
    Yeah, sounds like some last minute changes.

you would think...

and I find it so hard to believe that these "updates" they're making will take 2 MONTHS! (if end of april is correct) I mean seriously. Somebody needs to get their crap together before they continue to lose people's interest in an item they seem to be spending so much time on. Ridiculous.
    02-22-10 03:58 PM
    Anyway an announcement could occur this Wed or is that still too early?
    02-22-10 06:45 PM
    Kevin has already said on the front page of crackberry that the phone will not be announced until End up April now... if thats the case, we will have the Bold in our hands in May sometime
    02-22-10 06:46 PM
    Nope, we should get ready for the long wait that is ahead of us.
    02-22-10 06:51 PM
    i don't think so.... How long could it take?....remember, the units were sent back for IMMEDIATE UPDATE, not a 2 month set back update...Also, what about all the talk about selling out the tour1's?.....etc.
    Last edited by jabe26; 02-22-10 at 06:58 PM.
    02-22-10 06:54 PM
    "FYI. 9650/Bold is slated for a June roll out" according to @plethora9 and he has been talking about the 9650 being called a Bold since feb 2nd so im gunna believe him on this one.

But boy boy does that blow if he is right.
    02-22-10 06:57 PM
    Anyone noticed that Sprint's Tour 1 is now 99 bucks? Following Sprint's regular pattern, that means only one thing: clearing out the inventory.

Tour 2 should show up as soon as these 99-dollar Tour 1s are gone.
    My Tour 1 was $99 after rebate at Verizon on Saturday.
    02-22-10 07:01 PM
    I agree with you; surprised it will still take that long.

i don't think so.... How long could it take?....remember, the units were sent back for IMMEDIATE UPDATE, not a 2 month set back update...Also, what about all the talk about selling out the tour1's?.....etc.
    02-22-10 07:55 PM
    Everyone has responded to the interminable wait in different ways, I'm taking advantage of the time to learn something that may be impossible!

I fired up my old 8130 Pearl and activated it, updated it to 4.5.0.175 and am going to learn that miserable damn SureTough Keyboard <- not a typo!> if it kills me!

Any bets as to how long it'll take me to tear out my remaining hair and re-activate the 8330? <G>

OK, it's a day later. Some thoughts, I REALLY LIKE THE PEARL! I like the size, the feel, etc. I can use the SureTouch kepboard but it's very slow for me. If BB would give me an updated Pearl Flip with the processor and memory of a Tour I'd stand in line to buy it because I much prefer a flip phone....

Meanwhile I've gone back to the 8330, mainly because of the Pearl's too small memory.
    Last edited by xs11e; 02-23-10 at 12:27 PM.
    02-22-10 09:31 PM
    Immediate update does not mean a quick update though... more like something needs to be fixed urgently or else they are going to be in deep crap when everyones phone is buggy as ****.
    02-22-10 09:39 PM
    If this thing isn't coming out until April/May, I might as well wait for he HTC Supersonic in June/July to try out WiMax and Android.... Dang, and I was so excited to get the Tour 2/Bold this month ;(
    02-22-10 11:06 PM
    yeah...if it really is the end of april or JUNE...pfft

no way the "BOLD" will be anywhere close to Top of the Line by June...in ANY category.
    02-23-10 01:13 AM
    As much as it pains me to say it, I think an April, May, or June release will be 2-3 months too late for many people on these forums.
    02-23-10 02:43 AM
    HA HA HA I guess all you SAL Followers look like IDIOTS believing the guy, look like his INSIDE INFO, was just him running his mouth!!!! So yeah it is time for me to GLOAT and throw it all in your faces when you all believed him... I can also say I TOLD YOU SO, it wasn't anywhere near it's release date.
    02-23-10 02:44 AM
    As much as it pains me to say it, I think an April, May, or June release will be 2-3 months too late for many people on these forums.
    I'm one of them. No way I'm sticking with my voyager for that long I've already waited 1 month past my upgrade for this and I'm sure others waited longer.
    02-23-10 02:45 AM
    Yep, I've been waiting to upgrade from my 8330 and I'm not going to pick up an Essex/Tour2/Bold (whatever it will be called in the end) if it comes out after March. I'll buy a used Tour and then upgrade when an actual new phone is released.
    02-23-10 02:53 AM
    I'm using my LG Voyager, too. The top screen is broken when I open it. The plastic piece covering the hinge that snaps it into place broke off so it just sort of.. flops, and the battery dies within two hours now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait a few more months. Let me rephrase that - I could wait, but I don't think that my phone will be able to make it much longer since it initially cracked on the 13th, and by the 17th the plastic piece broke off so I'm not very hopeful that it'll live much longer.

I'll still keep my hopes up and hope that there's at least an announcement soon!

(and I think my Voyager knew I was talking about it because it seriously just shut off on me.)
    02-23-10 02:54 AM
    I could wait, my Sprint Curve 8330 is fine, I have only had it for a year now, it is dinged, scratched, and banged up here and there, but it works fine. However, Andriod looks intriguing to me, I fooled around with an employee's Driod the last couple of days and it shows promise and there are some nice Andriod phones on the horizon!!!
    02-23-10 02:58 AM
    I'm using my LG Voyager, too. The top screen is broken when I open it. The plastic piece covering the hinge that snaps it into place broke off so it just sort of.. flops, and the battery dies within two hours now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to wait a few more months. Let me rephrase that - I could wait, but I don't think that my phone will be able to make it much longer since it initially cracked on the 13th, and by the 17th the plastic piece broke off so I'm not very hopeful that it'll live much longer.

I'll still keep my hopes up and hope that there's at least an announcement soon!

(and I think my Voyager knew I was talking about it because it seriously just shut off on me.)
    Lol your phone isn't going to last much longer. That piece broke off my last voyager and about 2 weeks later the phone stops working. The inside screen will get all buggy and then yeah it just won't work lol. My touch screen hasn't worked for a couple months now and it just shuts off randomly throughout the day for no reason.
    02-23-10 02:58 AM
    Lol your phone isn't going to last much longer. That piece broke off my last voyager and about 2 weeks later the phone stops working. The inside screen will get all buggy and then yeah it just won't work lol. My touch screen hasn't worked for a couple months now and it just shuts off randomly throughout the day for no reason.
    Oh no.. Lol. I really hope that doesn't happen. I haven't had any problems with it thus far, and I've been pretty careful with it. If it DOES.. I have no idea what phone I'll get, cause I don't want to upgrade just for the sake of it and then want the Tour 2/Bold when it comes out. I'm not paying the restocking fee since I already did that when I returned the Curve 8530. My Voyager shut off cause I let it die, but the only problems I've been having is not receiving my texts right away, or people won't receive mine at all. It better say alive lol.
    02-23-10 03:01 AM
23,186 ... 101102103104105 ...