buddy has an iPhone on AT&T and in this area he gets pretty good coverage. I get great coverage on my phone, except in my kitchen...lol

at work no one ever gets service, regardless of carrier or phone. its like a big tin can and nothing gets through. there are occasional spots you get spotty-at-best coverage. the place has wifi but its only on one end of the house and 7 out of 10 times my Diamond or friends iPhone can get 1 bar on it, while laptop computers get great reception from it. Hopign Tour2 has a strong wifi radio.

Friend did have serious problems with his iPhone, wouldn't connect to 3g, wouldn't send texts etc, mostly happened after they'd update the phone software etc, so we figured it was just from all the extra people hording the system.

i know i know....cool story bro
    02-22-10 08:59 AM
    I have T-Mobile it has not been so bad except for the fact I did not have 3G. I had a 50 dollar unlimited talking and paid 30 for web. The thing that always put me over was texting. I am not renewing because Sprint's plan is going to cost me 59.99 for web text unlimited and mobile to mobile plus 500, and it has gps and sprint tv. That is the best value in wireless. I live right outside new york city in New jersey so My wireless reception is not much of an issue with any provider. I am not sure why (If you don't have to) you all use verizon? It is so much more money!

It stinks not having a phone right now, gave it to the girlfriend for the last 3 months.
    I agree 100%! I really don't understand why people stay with verizon. It's on average 30 dollars more a month including family plans and the service is the same! You don't even get half the perks with verizon as you do with sprint(Nights and weekends starting @7,Sprint TV,Gps,unlimited text,Any mobile to mobile,upgrade every year just to name a few). A matter of time for people to realize how much they can save for more features for the same service. I mean Cmon why would it take this long for verizon to release 5.0 for the tour?? The 9650 should of been out weeks ago! How can sprint release it a week ago and not verizon??
    Last edited by Slammer; 02-22-10 at 09:16 AM.
    02-22-10 09:01 AM
    buddy has an iPhone on AT&T and in this area he gets pretty good coverage. I get great coverage on my phone, except in my kitchen...lol

at work no one ever gets service, regardless of carrier or phone. its like a big tin can and nothing gets through. there are occasional spots you get spotty-at-best coverage. the place has wifi but its only on one end of the house and 7 out of 10 times my Diamond or friends iPhone can get 1 bar on it, while laptop computers get great reception from it. Hopign Tour2 has a strong wifi radio.

Friend did have serious problems with his iPhone, wouldn't connect to 3g, wouldn't send texts etc, mostly happened after they'd update the phone software etc, so we figured it was just from all the extra people hording the system.

i know i know....cool story bro
    You can get a airave for free and have perfect reception in your house.
    02-22-10 09:05 AM
    I agree 100%! I really don't understand why people stay with verizon. It's on average 30 dollars more a month including family plans and the service is the same! You don't even get half the perks with verizon as you do with sprint(Nights and weekends starting @7,Sprint TV,Gps,unlimited text,Any mobile to mobile just to name a few).
    I also agree, I am a Sprint fan-boy for shure, I have had sprint for over ten years. I also live in NJ and worked in NY and Sprint's service is fantastic everywhere I go. I also had a work BB on ATT (Bold 9700) and my buddy has ATT and calls always drop, 3G is spotty and overall I just disliked their service.

I think I said it once on this thread but you cannot beat Sprint's plan cost, I recently switched to the Everything data family, 1500 min-unlimited data-texts-etc... for $129, no other carrier even comes close. I actually get a 25% discount plust a $20 monthly service credit so my cost is even lower.
    02-22-10 09:08 AM
    I also agree, I am a Sprint fan-boy for shure, I have had sprint for over ten years. I also live in NJ and worked in NY and Sprint's service is fantastic everywhere I go. I also had a work BB on ATT (Bold 9700) and my buddy has ATT and calls always drop, 3G is spotty and overall I just disliked their service.

I think I said it once on this thread but you cannot beat Sprint's plan cost, I recently switched to the Everything data family, 1500 min-unlimited data-texts-etc... for $129, no other carrier even comes close. I actually get a 25% discount plust a $20 monthly service credit so my cost is even lower.
    I too get a 25% company discount on the total plan opposed to Verizon's 20% off the 1st line (what a joke). And I just upgraded my Wife's line to the 8530 and they credited me 20 dollars a month for the next 2 yrs My buddy had bad curve through verizon and he was 1week away for his upgrade and he wanted the tour they wouldn't let him upgrade so he left to Att. and paid his 1 week etf. Verizon is pof alot of customers lately. JMO By the way your avatar still says att lol.
    02-22-10 09:15 AM
    Start of another week and again no new solid about a release date. This is starting to get old.
    02-22-10 09:30 AM
    Start of another week and again no new solid about a release date. This is starting to get old.
    +1! Agreed.

I'm sticking to my date this time; Feb 24. If no official announcement by then, 8530 here I come.
    02-22-10 09:40 AM
    The only reason sprint is slashing prices and giving wild credits is because they haven't had a net gain on subs in quite a while. They're bleeding and grasping at whatever they can to try to stop it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 10:16 AM
    Sprint is garbage. Their rep don't know **** and when I was with them for 4 yrs I had a prob with my bill every money. Never had a prob with verizon. Happy with verizon

02-22-10 11:28 AM
    Sprint is garbage. Their rep don't know **** and when I was with them for 4 yrs I had a prob with my bill every money. Never had a prob with verizon. Happy with verizon

The only problem I have with my bill is it's about 100 dollars cheaper than Verizon a month A good problem to have LOL!
    Last edited by Slammer; 02-22-10 at 12:11 PM.
    02-22-10 11:38 AM
    I am far from a fanboy, but I have been with all 3 major networks at some point or another, either through work phones or my own personal cell phones, and I have had the fewest problems at the best cost with Sprint.

The biggest complaint I had with Sprint was a couple years ago when they seriously screwed up my bill, but they corrected the issue and gave me a huge credit for 3 months to make up for the mistake. That made a huge impression on me.

As for the knowledge base of each carriers CSRs, I have to say I have dealt with morons with all 3 of them and it seems that all 3 have outsourced their technical service to foreign sites, which I 100% hate.
    02-22-10 12:10 PM
    The only problem I have with my bill is it's about 100 dollars cheaper than Verizon a month A good problem to have LOL!

Amen and pass the collection plate
    02-22-10 12:13 PM
    Anyone noticed that Sprint's Tour 1 is now 99 bucks? Following Sprint's regular pattern, that means only one thing: clearing out the inventory.

Tour 2 should show up as soon as these 99-dollar Tour 1s are gone.

I'm still going to wait, though. Any regular reader of these forums knows that the first batch of Canadian-made RIM phones are crap--wait for the second batch of Mexican or Hungarian phones to work the bugs out.

--Q-fugee.
    02-22-10 01:22 PM
    AT&T works great everywhere iv been in New York.

02-22-10 01:31 PM
    Not that this has anything to do with actual, factual info on the release date, but I gotta agree with a lot of the Sprint guys here. I was with VZW for over 10 years in the NY area, back when they were Nynex Mobil. I loved their service, but they were SO damn expensive. I actually used to ridicule my friends on Sprint saying they were throwing their money away. But I finally saw the light in 2007, switched to Sero on Sprint and haven't looked back since. In the NYC area at least, there is no discernible difference between VZW and Sprint, except in price, at least in my humble opinion.

At the end of the day however, it doesn't really matter what I think, if you like VZW, good for you, if you're particular to Sprint, excellent.

On another note, props to RIM, Sprint, VZW, or anyone else who is holding up the release of this phone, IF the reason for the delay is to make sure this phone is as complete as possible. So many people bashed Rim, VZW, and Sprint for releasing an incomplete phone in the Tour, so if we have to wait a few more weeks to make sure that the trackpad doesn't fall off or the wifi works, then I'm all for it.
    02-22-10 01:37 PM
    Not that this has anything to do with actual, factual info on the release date, but I gotta agree with a lot of the Sprint guys here. I was with VZW for over 10 years in the NY area, back when they were Nynex Mobil. I loved their service, but they were SO damn expensive. I actually used to ridicule my friends on Sprint saying they were throwing their money away. But I finally saw the light in 2007, switched to Sero on Sprint and haven't looked back since. In the NYC area at least, there is no discernible difference between VZW and Sprint, except in price, at least in my humble opinion.

At the end of the day however, it doesn't really matter what I think, if you like VZW, good for you, if you're particular to Sprint, excellent.

On another note, props to RIM, Sprint, VZW, or anyone else who is holding up the release of this phone, IF the reason for the delay is to make sure this phone is as complete as possible. So many people bashed Rim, VZW, and Sprint for releasing an incomplete phone in the Tour, so if we have to wait a few more weeks to make sure that the trackpad doesn't fall off or the wifi works, then I'm all for it.
    Agreed! It's just crazy to hype or bash a carrier. Each one has its strong points and weak points. We all choose a given carrier because of monthly billing rates, call quality, coverage, customer service, or phone availability, etc. There is no right or wrong, except what is right for each individual.
    Last edited by Monty2004; 02-22-10 at 01:43 PM. Reason: ??
    02-22-10 01:42 PM
    I am hoping too for the 24th, but if 5.0 hasn't been released yet for the 9630, I don't see that date happening.

+1! Agreed.

I'm sticking to my date this time; Feb 24. If no official announcement by then, 8530 here I come.
    02-22-10 02:03 PM
    Unless they really are changing the name to the Bold... jlyriq said, in a different thread in this forum,
    maybe they changed the name so that they don't have to wait for a 5.0 update for the 9630? think about it if its not the tour 2 then they wouldn't have to wait cuz its a different blackberry. IMO
    If they did change the name, would they still have to release the 5.0 for 9630 first?
    Last edited by Iwant9650; 02-22-10 at 02:14 PM.
    02-22-10 02:11 PM
    Unless they really are changing the name to the Bold... jlyriq said, in a different thread in this forum,

If they did change the name, would they still have to release the 5.0 for 9630 first?
    I would love the name change in that case.
    02-22-10 02:27 PM
    Well, over at berryreview, they've said that it's delayed again for 2 reasons:

1. Name change / updates
    2. VZW won't release the 9650 until they release OS5.0 for the 9630 cause people will be "mad"...

Personally, I broke my Tour1 in January and haven't hooked it back up. I'm working on my Curve 8330 but am getting really pissed off with this crap. VZW should do something for other Tour1 owners because this phone is coming out less than a year after the original.

Secondly, the ONLY reason why I'm with VZW is for their great service. As far as they go with OSes for phones, they are ridiculous with their BULLSNIT testing. I mean, OS 4.5.0.138 came out for my 8830WE "OFFICIALLY" by VZW almost a year after I already had a beta running on my device. I have 5.0 on my Tour1 and other providers have released it already officially. VZW needs to get off their butts and just push it out. From what I've been reading on other forums, they're going to start losing customers due to this crap. Some people I know are already switching to the DROID line of phones with any provider because of this OS and releases of new BlackBerry phone BS from VZW.
    02-22-10 02:31 PM
    No, the 9650 will have 5.0, but the 9630 will get 5.0 first.

02-22-10 02:35 PM
    02-22-10 02:47 PM
    Kevin's article on front page of CB.....

"As for release date, I was originally hoping/thinking we'd see the Tour2-gone-Bold get announced sometime between Mobile World Congress (ended last week) and CTIA (end of March/beg. April) but now I'm thinking it'll happen sometime between CTIA and WES (end of April)."
    02-22-10 02:54 PM
    well there we go, say hello to the new BLACKBERRY BOLD! Though I'm not too excited over the 'end of april' release prediction. C'mon!
    02-22-10 02:55 PM
    I certainly hope not

Kevin's article on front page of CB.....

"end of April"
    02-22-10 02:59 PM
23,186 ... 100101102103104 ...