Curious how the Bold 9650 (Tour 2) might compare with the Bold 9700?
    all i care about is how it compares with my samsung sway haha... and we all know who's winnin that one!
    02-21-10 06:49 PM
    Call it the Tour 2 or the Bold 9650, either way it is going to be one of, if not the best, Blackberry yet. :-)

all i care about is how it compares with my samsung sway haha... and we all know who's winnin that one!
    02-21-10 07:01 PM
    Call it the Tour 2 or the Bold 9650, either way it is going to be one of, if not the best, Blackberry yet. :-)
    It'll be one of the best, not the best. Spec and style wise the 9700 is superior.
    02-21-10 08:20 PM
    doesn't matter...it has to be released first!
    02-21-10 08:29 PM
    doesn't matter...it has to be released first!
    +1
    10 char
    02-21-10 08:38 PM
    Can you elaborate?

9700 is superior.
    02-21-10 08:55 PM
    Can you elaborate?
    One sure reason it is superior is the fact the Bold is on the shelves.
    02-21-10 08:59 PM
    Can you elaborate?
    9700 has better battery life (assuming the battery life on the 9650 is close to the 9630) and a faster processor.

The Bold 9700 is also a little bit smaller and I think style wise it looks better.
    02-21-10 09:03 PM
    Well, yes that is a given.

One sure reason it is superior is the fact the Bold is on the shelves.
    02-21-10 09:08 PM
    9700 has better battery life (assuming the battery life on the 9650 is close to the 9630) and a faster processor.

The Bold 9700 is also a little bit smaller and I think style wise it looks better.
    It may be all that - but the one thing is -- it can't/will never be had on the best network - the Bold/Tour2 9650 will be the best smartphone in the USA. No doubt about that. And that is why, ladies and gentlemen, there is so much hype around this device. Specs be damed, we will have the ultimate Blackberry, on the most ultimate network.

And you can take that ... To the bank
    02-21-10 10:07 PM
    WOO!

can you deal with that!
    02-21-10 10:10 PM
    yeah no flash,auto focus and it is a rev-o not a rev-a phone.

i will stay waiting for the essex
    Yeah... When I posted my last one, I was just figuring that I pretty much have to upgrade soon since I'm on a group plan and everyone wanted to switch to a Verizon contract on my upgrade date or very soon after. I wasn't gonna make them wait any longer than March. But today they told me they're probably just gonna wait it out till next year and then switch, so that gives me all the time I want to upgrade my phone. I honestly have lost a lot of interest for this phone, but I still know it'll be the best one out for Verizon. And since I'm (hopefully) getting my Tour, there's no reason I shouldn't be able to let that hold me over till the Tour 2 comes out. I'm definitely not as excited as I was before, but since it'll be available when I'm ready to upgrade, I might as well go for it. I'm sure once I actually get it and all this waiting BS is over, I'll be excited again.

I do think though that I'll be keeping myself away from this forum, partly due to lack of interest, and partly due to being sick to death of all the speculation. I think I burnt myself out on this place over the last couple months. lol

I'll be seeing you all once the Tour 2 is here though, and when there's a new forum for us.
    02-21-10 10:19 PM

I do think though that I'll be keeping myself away from this forum, partly due to lack of interest, and partly due to being sick to death of all the speculation. I think I burnt myself out on this place over the last couple months. lol

I'll be seeing you all once the Tour 2 is here though, and when there's a new forum for us.
    +1...I am all burnt out on this phone...ive been sitting on a ne2 for to long and there is still no real info...

Ill see you all when there is a real forum for thr 9650...
    02-21-10 11:40 PM
    Not to discount your own personal experiences with ATT, but ATT is not as bad as everyone tries to make it out to be. Here's some articles discussing this issue:

AT&T: Bigger, Better, Faster | Business & Markets | Minyanville.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/13/bu...digi.html?_r=1

Review: Which 3G network is the best?

There's bound to be biases in testing of course. However, ATT is not as bad as people make it out to be. Blame it on iPhone and iPhone users mostly.

If your area has good 3G coverage for ATT, ATT is not a bad bet.

Its funny how people start sounding exactly like Verizon's advertisement after a while. I suppose everyone's susceptible to bit of brainwashing, with multiple stimuli's (including disgruntled friends/family).

I have had my share of dropped calls with verizon as well. But their coverage is pretty grand, i give you that.

It may be all that - but the one thing is -- it can't/will never be had on the best network - the Bold/Tour2 9650 will be the best smartphone in the USA. No doubt about that. And that is why, ladies and gentlemen, there is so much hype around this device. Specs be damed, we will have the ultimate Blackberry, on the most ultimate network.

And you can take that ... To the bank
    Last edited by reaborg; 02-21-10 at 11:50 PM.
    02-21-10 11:48 PM
    +1...I am all burnt out on this phone...ive been sitting on a ne2 for to long and there is still no real info...

Ill see you all when there is a real forum for thr 9650...
    completely agreeee. so tired of waiting!
    02-22-10 12:04 AM
    I had ATT for 2 years and was never not happy with them, always seemed to get full 5 bars of 3G. I actually seemed to get more full bars with ATT then with Verizon. However I do live in a large metropolitan area (Washington, DC) so that may be the case. All cell providers (Sprint, ATT, VZW, T-Mobile) work well here.

I am also frustrated, I sitting on an 'upgrade' as well, I actually just started a Verizon contract but I have gone back to an old phone, so my account is marked to still get the NE2/Upgrade/New Line pricing for a new device. So right now I'm using a 8830 and when the 9650 comes out I will be able to purchase it at the cheap price that they give for someone opening a new line. However the 8830 is aggravating me! I don't have enough app memory to even install Facebook! Here's to hoping it comes out before April.... :/
    02-22-10 12:15 AM
    Not to discount your own personal experiences with ATT, but ATT is not as bad as everyone tries to make it out to be.
    "Good morning, sir or madam, welcome to AT&T customer service, Ernestine speaking." "Do I understand correctly?" "You have a problem with your phone?" "We don't care, we don't have to care, we're the PHONE COMPANY!"

I have had my share of dropped calls with verizon as well. But their coverage is pretty grand, i give you that.
    Been a VZW customer since the Air Touch Cellular days, dropped calls = 0. That's correct, no dropped calls, none, nada.
    Last edited by xs11e; 02-22-10 at 12:30 AM.
    02-22-10 12:23 AM
    My work phone is a verizon phone and I drop more calls on that then I do with my sprint. Not trying to bash anybody but just stating what I have encountered.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 12:53 AM
    I've been with AT&T since Cingular days (2001), and I love the service they provide. However when I moved to a new job in the city of Beverly Hills, it failed me. I just ended my contract last February 14, and I am set to switch to SPRINT (It has great coverage, since my company phone is SPRINT). I am patiently waiting for 9650 to port my number.

If AT&T didn't fail me, I would have gotten the BOLD 9700 already.

Oh well..patience is a virtue.
    02-22-10 02:27 AM
    Should be soon.
    BlackBerry 9650 Tour Visual Voicemail Leaked, Heralds Verizon Release?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 05:24 AM
    I have T-Mobile it has not been so bad except for the fact I did not have 3G. I had a 50 dollar unlimited talking and paid 30 for web. The thing that always put me over was texting. I am not renewing because Sprint's plan is going to cost me 59.99 for web text unlimited and mobile to mobile plus 500, and it has gps and sprint tv. That is the best value in wireless. I live right outside new york city in New jersey so My wireless reception is not much of an issue with any provider. I am not sure why (If you don't have to) you all use verizon? It is so much more money!

It stinks not having a phone right now, gave it to the girlfriend for the last 3 months.
    02-22-10 06:44 AM
    We use verizon because sprint reception is terrible at least where I am and add in that sprint easily has the worst customer service in the business and it's not a tough choice to make.

I had sprint back when SERO was the thing and it was nice paying $30 a month for my HTC phone but it utterly sucked when I got no service in my house. Verizon is the only carrier with reception in my home, which is about 2 miles from 5 major universities, so you think they would have fixed this by now.

I pay more, but not much more, because I am grandfathered with VZW on some ancient nationwide plan that is from like 2002 that gives me 500 minutes for $18. I just add the $30 blackberry feature and my bill is $50 a month.
    02-22-10 06:54 AM
    I have T-Mobile it has not been so bad except for the fact I did not have 3G. I had a 50 dollar unlimited talking and paid 30 for web. The thing that always put me over was texting. I am not renewing because Sprint's plan is going to cost me 59.99 for web text unlimited and mobile to mobile plus 500, and it has gps and sprint tv. That is the best value in wireless. I live right outside new york city in New jersey so My wireless reception is not much of an issue with any provider. I am not sure why (If you don't have to) you all use verizon? It is so much more money!

It stinks not having a phone right now, gave it to the girlfriend for the last 3 months.

You forgot to mention that everything is free after 7pm, not 9 pm like with Verizon.

I have 4 lines on Sprints 1500 minute share plan, and since they went to "any mobile any time" my family hasn't broken the 500 minute mark. It might as well be unlimited everything.

With three Blackberries and one HTC Hero all with unlimited data/texting and GPS navigation, I am saving over 120 dollars by not drinking the red kool-ade. And the fact that if we ever do happen to roam, its off of Verizons towers anyway, makes its really a no brainer... LOL
    Last edited by v_sprad; 02-22-10 at 06:56 AM. Reason: because I can
    02-22-10 06:54 AM
    This thread has deteriorated into a silly pi$$ing contest.
    02-22-10 07:37 AM
    true monty...happens everytime the at&t vzn wars start. if you really want to compare...go to bbmchat or sal, or some of the people that use all the networks.

i think it was bbmchat that said tm performed much better than at&t in nyc....because of all the bottlnecked traffic the iphone has caused. the at&t network has serious traffic issues.
    02-22-10 08:30 AM
23,186 ... 99100101102103 ...