Phone is great like I thought it would be, an upgraded 8830, which I loved. Haven't had a problem at all, just updating all my stuff over it to it now.
    Its usually on average around $70 or so more. I paid $292 total today, with the intent to return it within the thirty days. Honestly, I have been waiting since October to upgrade. Between that I used my old 8830 more than the Storm I had. I just got to a point recently that I wanted a real keyboard again and the T1 was a great phone. I just did it and couldn't be happier. And I couldn't go back to teh 8830 because my girlfriend has it because she was using it to charge her 8830 before she recently upgraded to a T1. And the original trackball started going out on it. Wow, just totally rambled on in that paragraph with no conclusive thought. Sorry, its the end of the day at work and I am not doing anymore.

I would imagine you would get the OS update through your desktop manager like it has been in the past. I do not believe that it would be any different for this OS. I

Wow, just totally rambled on in that paragraph with no conclusive thought. Sorry, its the end of the day at work and I am not doing anymore.

Thanks! I appreciate your responses! I am in the same boat as you...I think I am going to get the T1 tomorrow...i still question myself...but I also am hesitant about getting a phone right when it comes out. I do not want to wait 2 months if it takes that long...that takes away two months from the next upgrade!

If its not a problem, keep us updated on how you like it tonight!

Thanks again!
    02-18-10 05:08 PM
    At this point, it is beginning to look that way. :-(

Anyone heard any updates today?

this is just me taking a guess but VZ will approve a .5XX build and within a week the Tour 2 will appear

i would say the beginning of March
    02-18-10 08:47 PM
    I heard March is a big month for Verizon, so there might be a chance that the Tour 9650 will release.
    02-18-10 08:49 PM
    Well, until they roll out 5.0 on the Tour 1, the Tour 2 will still be waiting.

I heard March is a big month for Verizon, so there might be a chance that the Tour 9650 will release.
    02-18-10 09:00 PM
    Well, until they roll out 5.0 on the Tour 1, the Tour 2 will still be waiting.
    That's probably the only thing we can count on to be true.
    02-18-10 09:06 PM
    That's probably the only thing we can count on to be true.
    I've been lurking for a while (for good reason, I'm not as well versed as most when it comes to BB). But I've read somethings on here lately that strike me as contradictory. One is that the Tour2 won't be released until 5.0 is released. The second is that some stores have received stock of the Tour2. Am I missing something in that it seems like the Tour2s that have been shipped/delivered don't have 5.0 on them. So if VZW is shipping Tour2 without 5.0, why hold up the sale?

Can or will the OS be upgraded when the phone is activated at the VZW retail location?
    02-18-10 09:29 PM
    I've been lurking for a while (for good reason, I'm not as well versed as most when it comes to BB). But I've read somethings on here lately that strike me as contradictory. One is that the Tour2 won't be released until 5.0 is released. The second is that some stores have received stock of the Tour2. Am I missing something in that it seems like the Tour2s that have been shipped/delivered don't have 5.0 on them. So if VZW is shipping Tour2 without 5.0, why hold up the sale?

Can or will the OS be upgraded when the phone is activated at the VZW retail location?
    until 5.0 is released for the 9630
    02-18-10 09:31 PM
    you guys can flame me all ya want for this, and of course this is just my opinion, but i seriously doubt this phone has been shipped to any stores yet, but that's just me. why the heck would they waste their time shipping it when it wont even be released for a bit and the 9630 OS isn't even finalized. makes NO sense. sorry but i'm very skeptical of that one, regardless of where the info came from.
    02-18-10 09:41 PM
    I have a stupid question (please try to be nice). I saw a picture of the BB Bold 9700 (T-Mobile) on the Amazon.com front page, and thought for a split second it was the 9650...
    So what's the difference between this 9700 Bold and the 9650 that we've all been waiting for?
    02-18-10 09:51 PM
    I have a stupid question (please try to be nice). I saw a picture of the BB Bold 9700 (T-Mobile) on the Amazon.com front page, and thought for a split second it was the 9650...
    So what's the difference between this 9700 Bold and the 9650 that we've all been waiting for?
    Bold is GSM/3G only and a bit smaller. Tour adds CDMA. The Bold also usually has a slightly faster processor and better battery life, but who knows with the Tour 2 yet.
    02-18-10 09:53 PM
    you guys can flame me all ya want for this, and of course this is just my opinion, but i seriously doubt this phone has been shipped to any stores yet, but that's just me. why the heck would they waste their time shipping it when it wont even be released for a bit and the 9630 OS isn't even finalized. makes NO sense. sorry but i'm very skeptical of that one, regardless of where the info came from.
    The only reason I'm leaning towards your camp is that we have not seen any leaked pics of boxes, etc from stores. They usually start popping up in multiple places once stores get them.
    02-18-10 11:01 PM

I am by NO way saying I'm positive on this but I think what's being said is that since VZW hasn't released the T1 5.0 they don't want to release the T2 with 5.0 on it. Not that the T2 doesn't have 5.0. Hope that makes sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 11:10 PM
    And for those of us with Verizon, the Bold is not an option :-(

Bold is GSM/3G only and a bit smaller. Tour adds CDMA. The Bold also usually has a slightly faster processor and better battery life, but who knows with the Tour 2 yet.
    02-19-10 06:32 AM
    I am by NO way saying I'm positive on this but I think what's being said is that since VZW hasn't released the T1 5.0 they don't want to release the T2 with 5.0 on it. Not that the T2 doesn't have 5.0. Hope that makes sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Gotcha, that clears it up some. Thanks.
    02-19-10 07:50 AM
    So anyone heard when the T1 should be getting 5.0?

That should be a critical date in help determining when the T2 should be out.

Gotcha, that clears it up some. Thanks.
    02-19-10 08:47 AM
    FlashOn,BLACKBERRY APPLICATIONS & BLACKBERRY SOFTWARES DOWNLOAD FOR FREE

I know it's just some random application, but at least the 9650 is listed SOMEWHERE. (look at compatible devices towards the bottom).
    02-19-10 09:03 AM
    And for those of us with Verizon, the Bold is not an option :-(
    Leaving Verizon certainly is an option for many of us, I've been on month to month since September, if the Tour2 doesn't drop in a couple more days or doesn't appeal to me pricewise I could be ordering a new 9700 from T-Mobile.
    02-19-10 09:16 AM
    Yeah, unfortunately I have 2 other phones on the existing account. In addition, no other provider in my area offers the same signal strength and coverage area. For me, it is still worth the way, but come on Verizon, enough already

Leaving Verizon certainly is an option for many of us, I've been on month to month since September, if the Tour2 doesn't drop in a couple more days or doesn't appeal to me pricewise I could be ordering a new 9700 from T-Mobile.
    02-19-10 09:46 AM
    Sprint pricewise > * and since the wifes and my family is all on Sprint its a better choice for us. I just have really crappy cell phone choices =/
    02-19-10 09:57 AM
    That's one of my backup options.The T-Mobile by me offers the 9700 @129.99 if I renew for 2yrs.Heck I might even be able to finish that contract before VZW decides to release the Tour2.
    02-19-10 10:18 AM
    Just checked out Testman and no changes yet; anyone know if they use any other sites?
    02-19-10 10:24 AM
    As long as you don't mind less coverage.
    02-19-10 10:32 AM
    As long as you don't mind less coverage.
    Why are you VZW people so cocky?

You ever hear the term, "YOUR MARKET MAY VARY?"

Not everywhere has the same coverage, but it would have taken a non-cocky vzw person to realize that..
    02-19-10 12:12 PM
    obviously everyone is inferior to VZW outstanding coverage, and no one else comes close, ever, in any area, anywhere....even the Moon has VZW coverage
    02-19-10 12:19 PM
    Anyone heard when 5.0 should hit the Tour 1?
    02-19-10 12:30 PM
23,186 ... 96979899100 ...