man, negative nancies over here.
    02-16-10 06:38 PM
    i wouldn't even mind if it did come out in march, as long as theyd just give us a freakin date.

this was supposed to be in the other thread. my bad.
    02-16-10 06:41 PM
    I haven't been here for a few weeks and this no progress on the 9650 is lame. I'm saving my upgrade, not getting upgrades(ext batt, +mem card) for my 8330,waiting on the ghost(9650). And I'm sure I'm not the only one. Make it happen!
    02-16-10 06:42 PM
    Welcome to the Upcoming/Rumored BlackBerry Smartphones section.

I've scanned this thread, and readily admit I haven't read all 101 pages.

What i've learned from my scan is that nobody seems to know when the phone will be released, but people think it will be very very soon? Is that correct?

TIA
    02-16-10 07:06 PM
    Eh, disagree

Verizon has done nothing but screw the people on my plan over the last 4 years.
    And I cant talk on the phone in any buildings. And I'm in the Detroit area so I shouldn't be getting weak service, since verizon boasts about how wonderful their service is all the time.
    I live near Ann Arbor, rural area, can take my Tour in MY BASEMENT, and get 5 Bars. Since I got my Tour in July, I haven't had more than 6 or 8 dropped calls. I'm in sales driving throughout all SE Michigan/NE Ohio, and have no issues. I've had all the carriers ( had nextel prior to sprint, have 2 lines still on TMO, and had AT$T for a bit) and by FAR VZW is the best I've had in this area. Might want to check your OS/BB. Might be a poor radio on your device.
    02-16-10 08:13 PM
    I'm not sure if this is the thread where people were arguing about why Sprint will get the phone later then Verizon because of the number of subscribers, etc, but here are the facts about how many people use each company.

The five largest (in order of subscribers) are Verizon Wireless (91.2 million), AT&T (85.1 million), Sprint Nextel Corporation (48.1 million), T-Mobile USA (33.420 million), and TracFone Wireless (14.427 million).
    I hope that settles it and anyone with a brain and a basic knowledge of business can see why they would give the phone to Verizon first. Just like they would give the phone to Sprint first before TracFone.
    02-16-10 09:24 PM
    Just a thought I'm throwing out there...
    Could verizon have another testing site (besides testman)??
    Anyone who has spent anytime waiting for a phone from vzw is aware of the testman site. If Verizon really wants to keep this information super secret why not create a secondary test site that the public doesn't know about?
    02-16-10 09:53 PM
    i'm sure they have one. i don't think they'd just let their stuff hang out in cyberspace as they're working on it...
    02-16-10 09:56 PM
    Ive had several different phones from Verizon over the last 5 years, dumb phones and this blackberry.
    Now I get the Best service with the blackberry but its still not very good. I get like 1 bar in my house if I'm lucky. And in a building, its over.
    I drop maybe 2-3 calls a day.
    My pre-blackberry days it was 5-6 drops a day.
    Not working out for me. lol

I live near Ann Arbor, rural area, can take my Tour in MY BASEMENT, and get 5 Bars. Since I got my Tour in July, I haven't had more than 6 or 8 dropped calls. I'm in sales driving throughout all SE Michigan/NE Ohio, and have no issues. I've had all the carriers ( had nextel prior to sprint, have 2 lines still on TMO, and had AT$T for a bit) and by FAR VZW is the best I've had in this area. Might want to check your OS/BB. Might be a poor radio on your device.
    02-16-10 10:08 PM
    We weren't arguing, I just asked if there was a specific reason why.

I'm not sure if this is the thread where people were arguing about why Sprint will get the phone later then Verizon because of the number of subscribers, etc, but here are the facts about how many people use each company.

I hope that settles it and anyone with a brain and a basic knowledge of business can see why they would give the phone to Verizon first. Just like they would give the phone to Sprint first before TracFone.
    02-16-10 10:10 PM
    I get like 1 bar in my house if I'm lucky. And in a building, its over. I drop maybe 2-3 calls a day. My pre-blackberry days it was 5-6 drops a day. Not working out for me. lol
    Moral of the story is you have to chose the carrier that's best for where you live and where you travel.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona and travel mostly in the western US. I signed up with AirTouch Cellular before it became Verizon and my TOTAL dropped calls = 0 in all those years. I'm not saying I haven't found dead spots in the mountains, etc. but when I've needed the phone I've had two or more bars.
    02-16-10 10:27 PM
    Spoke with a Verizon employee stated he saw a 9650 at a convention that he attended. He would not give me a date, but would respond with soon. This was approx two weeks ago. Spoke to another Verizon employee at a different store a few days ago and he said that their are several new devices that are suppose to be released this quarter and almost half have not been released yet. He said this leads him to believe that the 9650 should be released soon. He also stated he is almost always notified a week ahead of time before the release of a new device. Based on this information I'm guessing Feb 24 or March 3 as a release date. Probably March 3rd cause I've seen March as a release date on something online, do not recall where though. Like I said this is just my educated guess, but I hope sooner because I need a new phone.
    02-16-10 10:39 PM
    I'm soooo impatient already. LOL. I need to switch to sprint anytime soon. If I can't wait for 9650, I may just buy 8530 or 9650....which would you buy?
    02-16-10 10:41 PM
    I'm soooo impatient already. LOL. I need to switch to sprint anytime soon. If I can't wait for 9650, I may just buy 8530 or 9650....which would you buy?
    wait for the 9650 it's much better then the 8530
    02-17-10 01:44 AM
    Besides Testman, I am sure they do, but I haven't heard of anything about it yet.

Just a thought I'm throwing out there...
    Could verizon have another testing site (besides testman)??
    Anyone who has spent anytime waiting for a phone from vzw is aware of the testman site. If Verizon really wants to keep this information super secret why not create a secondary test site that the public doesn't know about?
    Last edited by tourboy; 02-17-10 at 06:07 AM.
    02-17-10 06:05 AM
    Interesting...in the past, Wednesdays have always been Verizon's "Release Day"

Spoke with a Verizon employee stated he saw a 9650 at a convention that he attended. He would not give me a date, but would respond with soon. This was approx two weeks ago. Spoke to another Verizon employee at a different store a few days ago and he said that their are several new devices that are suppose to be released this quarter and almost half have not been released yet. He said this leads him to believe that the 9650 should be released soon. He also stated he is almost always notified a week ahead of time before the release of a new device. Based on this information I'm guessing Feb 24 or March 3 as a release date. Probably March 3rd cause I've seen March as a release date on something online, do not recall where though. Like I said this is just my educated guess, but I hope sooner because I need a new phone.
    02-17-10 07:41 AM
    Wednesday is ticking by. *hopes*
    02-17-10 10:21 AM
    wait for the 9650 it's much better then the 8530
    yes, i will still wait....but let's hope that we get it soon. My iphone with AT&T doesnt get good signal at work..So, it's like a paperweight for 8-10 hours during the day. My company which is Sprint has full bars! UGHHHH.
    02-17-10 10:35 AM
    the tour was released on a sunday.
    02-17-10 11:10 AM
    Yeah, I hear you. Just checked out Testman and not much change there. Anyone heard of any updates?

Wednesday is ticking by. *hopes*
    02-17-10 11:13 AM
    Lucky you! I got the Tour 1, then went back to my old fashion Motorola and waiting for the Tour 2 ever since.

yes, i will still wait....but let's hope that we get it soon. My iphone with AT&T doesnt get good signal at work..So, it's like a paperweight for 8-10 hours during the day. My company which is Sprint has full bars! UGHHHH.
    02-17-10 12:42 PM
    I wonder if 159 pages of speculation have encouraged VZW to hurry the release date? <GD&R>
    02-17-10 12:50 PM
    Not by one split second, lol!
    02-17-10 12:57 PM
    I would think if they're giving this any attention at all, it's probably just to laugh at us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 01:13 PM
    i can't believe there's been nothing going on with this phone or the 5.0 update for the Tour. a few days ago there was so much excitement, now it's so quiet.
    02-17-10 01:20 PM
23,186 ... 9293949596 ...