I'm surprised nobody jumped on this:

Official OS 5.0.0.484 for the BlackBerry Tour 9630 Now Available for Download from Sprint http://crackberry.com/official-os-5-...ownload-sprint

They got the OS 5.0 down. Now release the Tour2!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    We are waiting for Verizon to release 5.0, not Sprint.
    02-16-10 01:56 PM
    We are waiting for Verizon to release 5.0, not Sprint.
    Verizon just needs to get the act together.
    02-16-10 03:14 PM
    Still wondering too how they might handled existing Tour 1 owners; any type of upgrade or something to the Tour 2?
    Why would they? No company does this.. they release a product and start working on the next one, hoping that you will want to upgrade. It's how their business works. Original iPhone owners had less then a year with their new phones and then Apple announced a 3G version.. Storm 1 and the Storm 2 is also an example to look at.
    02-16-10 03:17 PM
    Yeah, wasn't expected them to, but would be a nice surprise.

So guess today doesn't look like our BIG announcement of the T2.

Why would they? No company does this.. they release a product and start working on the next one, hoping that you will want to upgrade. It's how their business works. Original iPhone owners had less then a year with their new phones and then Apple announced a 3G version.. Storm 1 and the Storm 2 is also an example to look at.
    02-16-10 03:31 PM
    Why cant sprint release before verizon, anyway?
    02-16-10 03:36 PM
    Why cant sprint release before verizon, anyway?
    because verizon is better than sprint, duh!

02-16-10 03:50 PM
    Is this Verizon's internal website:

Internal Site

If so, will it appear there first?
    02-16-10 03:51 PM
    i don't think there's a clear answer to that but if I had to give a simple answer...

Verizon's muchhh bigger... able to throw around their weight a bit more and make release deals with RIM? who knows.
    02-16-10 03:51 PM
    I still don't see this phone coming out for at least another month or two. I don't believe that stores in NYC have them in stock. That's a lie.
    02-16-10 03:52 PM
    I still don't see this phone coming out for at least another month or two. I don't believe that stores in NYC have them in stock. That's a lie.
    Are you calling Sal and his friend liars?
    02-16-10 03:53 PM
    Now getting: VerizonWireless.com is temporarily unavailable

Internal Site

02-16-10 03:54 PM
    Eh, disagree

Verizon has done nothing but screw the people on my plan over the last 4 years.
    And I cant talk on the phone in any buildings. And I'm in the Detroit area so I shouldn't be getting weak service, since verizon boasts about how wonderful their service is all the time.

because verizon is better than sprint, duh!

02-16-10 03:56 PM

let the s**tstorm commence...
    02-16-10 03:57 PM
    I doubt its a lie, Ive seen it from a few different people, as well as Sal explaining it in a blog on his site.
    Theres no reason for the companies to sit on this phone for two more months anyway, and since in the next month or so they're supposed to be getting a very highly anticipated google device, and I /think/ another droid phone is coming, there's no reason not to release this phone now and get some sales out of it.

02-16-10 03:59 PM
    Sorry to hear that; but in my area (outside DC) Verizon has the best coverage and the strongest signal; Sprint, AT&T, etc. just cannot compete.

Eh, disagree

Verizon has done nothing but screw the people on my plan over the last 4 years.
    And I cant talk on the phone in any buildings. And I'm in the Detroit area so I shouldn't be getting weak service, since verizon boasts about how wonderful their service is all the time.
    02-16-10 04:00 PM
    let the s**tstorm commence...
    You got that right. It's funny - everybody was at each others throats for a while waiting for the 9650 until Sal returned, and then order and calmness were restored for a couple of days. Then Sal had to leave again, and all **** has broken out again!
    02-16-10 04:01 PM
    Yea depends on the area. I know many happy sprint customers in this area, and they're cheaper. Cheaper is better when jobs are scarce and constantly on the chopping block here.

Sorry to hear that; but in my area (outside DC) Verizon has the best coverage and the strongest signal; Sprint, AT&T, etc. just cannot compete.
    02-16-10 04:03 PM
    Yes, but keep in mind of one good example are the Verizon commercials and comparisons to AT&T. Great you can do this and that on an AT&T phone, but if you cannot get service, what good is it?

The phone is only as good as the network its on.

Yea depends on the area. I know many happy sprint customers in this area, and they're cheaper. Cheaper is better when jobs are scarce and constantly on the chopping block here.
    02-16-10 04:06 PM
    Looks like it is now back up, things have been moved around some with FREE being pushed, but no sign of the 9650 :-(

Internal Site

02-16-10 04:13 PM
    Yea and not being able to talk on the phone in a building next to a window isn't good for me

Yes, but keep in mind of one good example are the Verizon commercials and comparisons to AT&T. Great you can do this and that on an AT&T phone, but if you cannot get service, what good is it?

The phone is only as good as the network its on.
    02-16-10 04:14 PM
    LOL; true!

So anyone been following the Verizon Testman site?

Yea and not being able to talk on the phone in a building next to a window isn't good for me
    02-16-10 04:32 PM
    yep def some changes! but nothing of importance to US!
    02-16-10 04:47 PM
    I've scanned this thread, and readily admit I haven't read all 101 pages.

What i've learned from my scan is that nobody seems to know when the phone will be released, but people think it will be very very soon? Is that correct?

TIA
    02-16-10 05:17 PM
    Yep.. Pretty much. Lots of ideas and theories but no definites
    02-16-10 05:31 PM
    Lots of wasted time and resources as well. Speculation can be dot on at times but in reality doesn't mean much because it will have no bearing on the phone's release. All it takes is checking the crackberry front page, phonescoop.com front page, and/or the endgadget mobile front page to know about any release.
    02-16-10 06:07 PM
23,186 ... 9192939495 ...