look girl..all i did was let people know sal was back. you are making way to big a deal out of this. most people in these other threads did not know about the bbmchat guy...you would have had to follow sal to know that.
    Be very careful chip, I'm not a girl.
    There's only person on here who is constantly acting like a b**ch.
    I didn't know you had been appointed 'disseminator of truths' here on the boards. How did you know Sal was back? You read it like I did; Like others can. You'd been all over someone else if they had posted in multiple forums; seems you like to dish it out but can't take it. Isn't this the 2nd argument you get into in like 2 weeks. Just cut the crap already.
    02-15-10 08:48 AM
    anyway... back to the essex... how bout this damn thing comes out already?
    02-15-10 09:04 AM
    anyway... back to the essex... how bout this damn thing comes out already?
    Agreed..You're right, lets get back to it..
    Say VZW does have a contract/agreement to release first, how long does Sprint have to abide by that? Can VZW hold out indefinitely and force Sprint to sit? If not, how long before Sprint can release?
    02-15-10 09:15 AM
    Good question. You would think if Verizon continued it's delay with Sprint ready and waiting to release it that they're not obligated to wait and wait...
    02-15-10 09:20 AM
    sorry....but i am free to post here just like you. you don't like it...don't read it.

and i knew sal was back because i follow he and his friends on twitter. that is where the news broke about the tour 2 in stock...not here on crackberry, which is what every one of these threads are about.

i was just trying to point everyone to the thread sal was posting on so they could stay updated....

grow up. and do not address me again.

Be very careful chip, I'm not a girl.
    There's only person on here who is constantly acting like a b**ch.
    I didn't know you had been appointed 'disseminator of truths' here on the boards. How did you know Sal was back? You read it like I did; Like others can.
    02-15-10 10:30 AM
    sorry....but i am free to post here just like you. you don't like it...don't read it.

and i knew sal was back because i follow he and his friends on twitter. that is where the news broke about the tour 2 in stock...not here on crackberry, which is what every one of these threads are about.

i was just trying to point everyone to the thread sal was posting on so they could stay updated....

grow up. and do not address me again.
    Can you two stop arguing? This is a forum for Blackberries on the internet. Put a new tampon in and move on.
    02-15-10 10:39 AM
    lol...you have not been around very long, have you? people have been bashing sal on all of these threads...saying that he booked because he was wrong.

his thread proves otherwise. the tour 2 is very close...as is the software update.
    02-15-10 10:47 AM
    Can you two stop arguing? This is a forum for Blackberries on the internet. Put a new tampon in and move on.
    Is there a special forum for BlackBerrys that aren't on the internet?
    02-15-10 10:47 AM
    Agreed..You're right, lets get back to it..
    Say VZW does have a contract/agreement to release first, how long does Sprint have to abide by that? Can VZW hold out indefinitely and force Sprint to sit? If not, how long before Sprint can release?
    VZW doesn't have an contract/agreement. This phone will release on Sprint and VZW at the same time. Don't believe all of the VZW nonsense you read on these forums. Some of the stuff is just so stupid it's hard to understand why otherwise intelligent people believe it. Like VZW having a one-week exclusive on the 9650... oh brother.
    02-15-10 10:57 AM
    Ok, two things i'd like to bring up here...

1.) Front page says VZ Navigator is up and running witht he 5.0 software. Could this mean 5.0's closer to being released? (somebody had mentioned a while back that Verizon's add on's such as VZN might be causing glitches with 5.0)

2.) A 5.0 version is already out (Curve 8530/Storm 2). Why the heck doesn't verizon simply release the Tour 2 with those 5.0 versions so this device can be released, and provide an upgrade if need be soon after that? 5.0 is already out for two very different devices... so why not use it for the tour 2?

And I might be missing something obvious here with these questions but I apologize in advance. Just two points I thought of. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mike3636; 02-15-10 at 11:19 AM.
    02-15-10 11:17 AM
    Is there a special forum for BlackBerrys that aren't on the internet?
    I don't know maybe you should google it.
    And I think you meant isn't not aren't.
    02-15-10 11:18 AM
    VZW doesn't have an contract/agreement. This phone will release on Sprint and VZW at the same time. Don't believe all of the VZW nonsense you read on these forums.
    So, if we are not supposed to believe Sal that Verizon will get it first, how are we supposed to believe you that they won't? Sorry I trust Sal's responses more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 11:19 AM
    I don't know maybe you should google it.
    And I think you meant isn't not aren't.
    I don't think you understand the joke.
    02-15-10 11:24 AM
    ... i did.....
    02-15-10 11:34 AM
    So, if we are not supposed to believe Sal that Verizon will get it first, how are we supposed to believe you that they won't? Sorry I trust Sal's responses more.

Sal never said VZW would get it first. He said that Sprint wouldn't get it before VZW. I'm not sure that everyone on this forum understands the difference, but whatever.

I believe Sal too, but it doesn't mean we can't use some common sense here. Let's looks at facts:

1. The original Tour launched on the same day for both VZW and Sprint (July 12th) after being announced by RIM on June 16th. Why people want to think the Tour 2 will be different is their own prerogative.

2. Sprint has been talking about the Tour 2 way longer than anyone at VZW going all the way back to a mention by Sprint's own VP of Consumer Marketing in Oct. of 2009.

3. The first Tour 2 video that Sal did on his site was done on a Sprint phone (Sal says so in the video), and some of the first Tour 2s we saw online and on eBay were also Sprint phones.

4. There are pictures online (this forum as a matter of fact) of Sprint CSRs talking about the Tour 2. I don't really pay much attention to CSRs but at least the Sprint CSR are openly talking about Tour 2 to Sprint customers.

I could on but it wouldn't matter, people just believe whatever they want. Going back to what Sal said, I believe him that Sprint won't release the phone before VZW, but I'm willing to bet some money that it will be release at the same time for both carriers.
    Last edited by Dsmithjr; 02-15-10 at 11:42 AM.
    02-15-10 11:38 AM

DsmithJr has been reliable with some info in the past, but sal indeed just mentioned Sprint won't be first.

Verizon will release the 9650 1st or worst case scenario at the same time as Sprint, NOT AFTER SPRINT".

so what Dsmithjr is stating is the worst case scenario of Sal.

The Tour was released on the same day by Sprint and Verizon so my hunch is that it will be the same with the 9650. As long as Sprintes releases it before March 30 I am happy

Dsmithjr, can you explain though why Sprint never seems to be earlier the Verizon? Your good informed about Sprint to my knowledge
    02-15-10 11:41 AM
    wow this is so sad. i used to look at this forum every day. this forum is up to page 154 and theres still no phone?! I used to be super psyched about getting the tour 2. but how long can someone wait. if im going to wait for a phone then ill wait for a better one and that is - the nexus one. once i get that i will be completely converted to Googleism. BlackBerry's are sooo 2005.
    02-15-10 11:45 AM
    I don't think you understand the sarcasm.
    02-15-10 11:54 AM
    DsmithJr has been reliable with some info in the past, but sal indeed just mentioned Sprint won't be first.

Verizon will release the 9650 1st or worst case scenario at the same time as Sprint, NOT AFTER SPRINT".

so what Dsmithjr is stating is the worst case scenario of Sal.

The Tour was released on the same day by Sprint and Verizon so my hunch is that it will be the same with the 9650. As long as Sprintes releases it before March 30 I am happy

Dsmithjr, can you explain though why Sprint never seems to be earlier the Verizon? Your good informed about Sprint to my knowledge
    8330 and 9630 were released around the same time. 8530 was supposed to be released at the same time around November, but Sprint wanted to work more on the OS. This Verizon always release their phones before Sprint is stupid. Like I said before, both carriers will release the device at the same time, though Sprint doesn't really have anything holding them back. The current OS is pretty much a go, well the one I'm using, that is. Zero glitches.
    02-15-10 11:55 AM
    I don't think you understand the sarcasm.
    You're wearing me out. You are so obnoxious.
    02-15-10 12:03 PM
    8330 and 9630 were released around the same time. 8530 was supposed to be released at the same time around November, but Sprint wanted to work more on the OS. This Verizon always release their phones before Sprint is stupid. Like I said before, both carriers will release the device at the same time, though Sprint doesn't really have anything holding them back. The current OS is pretty much a go, well the one I'm using, that is. Zero glitches.
    This all I'm saying, and Sinternet Jr is one of those people that are in the know. (Nice quote, by the way.)

I don't have any inside knowledge, I just pay attention to what's actually happened and what is currently happening. I don't know why Sprint won't drop before VZW, but it's probably due to the close ties between RIM and VZW. Remember, at one time VZW was responsible for 30% of all RIM's consumer handset sells. The situation is changing, and the relationship between RIM and VZW isn't as strong as it once was.

What it shows is that there is more going on behind the scenes in regards to release dates than most of us realize. The mantra that you'll hear over and over on this forum is that "the carriers decide the release dates, not RIM". This obviously this isn't the case. Release dates are more of a combination of agreements between manufactures and carriers, and they seem to be very dynamic in nature. A lot of it has to do with software builds and carrier compatibility.

Bottom line: the Tour 2 should be coming soon, and it won't matter if you're on Sprint or VZW you'll be able to get your Tour 2 fix.

Edit: And, yes, Sprint's .484 Tour build is solid.
    Last edited by Dsmithjr; 02-15-10 at 12:17 PM.
    02-15-10 12:14 PM
    Bottom line: the Tour 2 should be coming soon, and it won't matter if you're on Sprint or VZW you'll be able to get your Tour 2 fix.
    Thank god..
    02-15-10 12:18 PM
    My point is you were saying not to believe others, but to believe you. If we aren't to believe one than we shouldn't believe you.

02-15-10 12:46 PM

To be honest I have not followed the US carriers until last year as I am in The Netherlands and were usually last anyway and we dont have CDMA. But as my fiance is American and has a 8130 on Sprint I will be getting a 2nd line attached to hers when I move 30 mar. Sprint offers the best deal for 2 blackberrys. period 130usd for 2 lines, 1500 minute, bis on both, unlimited texting and unlimited mobile to mobile cant be beat. Besides that she has been with them for years so if she wants something done they usually do it.
    02-15-10 01:27 PM
    it sounds like verizon turned down the 5.0 os on feb 2, but is still evaluating the one submitted on feb 5.....while sprint has approved. fingers crossed vzn approves today
    02-15-10 01:31 PM
23,186 ... 8990919293 ...