Just a thought. This Motorola Devour that's been announced won't even be hitting stores until when? Middle of March (somebody posted a link regarding March 15). So even if that was remotely correct, the thing won't even be in stores for a month after it's announced. How do we know the same won't happen with the Tour2? What's the general time frame between an announcement and in store pick up?

-- And I might be wrong with then the Devour is coming out, just saw it on a site.
    You are speaking of a NEW phone, 9650 is an upgraded Tour, won't see any huss and fuss over it, unlike a new name for a carrier...As such if Verizon were to get a Version of the Bold they would advertise it ahead to draw people in. This is gonna kinda be like a dumb phone release.
    02-13-10 02:51 PM
    gotchya, good point.
    02-13-10 02:55 PM
    Keep in mind this is ALL speculative so use the term "solid" sparingly :-)

at least this appears to be some solid info indicating a release date.
    02-13-10 03:13 PM
    Very true, much like the Storm 2, Verizon really didn't make any BIG announcements about it, although the changes from the Storm 1 to 2 were more significant than the Tour 1 to 2 changes.

You are speaking of a NEW phone, 9650 is an upgraded Tour, won't see any huss and fuss over it, unlike a new name for a carrier...As such if Verizon were to get a Version of the Bold they would advertise it ahead to draw people in. This is gonna kinda be like a dumb phone release.
    02-13-10 03:21 PM
    Well I hope they come out with it soon. I am eligible for my upgrade and I am ready to get rid of my Storm!
    02-13-10 03:24 PM
    Very true, much like the Storm 2, Verizon really didn't make any BIG announcements about it, although the changes from the Storm 1 to 2 were more significant than the Tour 1 to 2 changes.
    Yea, the significance of this phone is very very very small to Verizon and Sprint. I don't keep up with Sprint but Verizon is more worried about selling the Driod and the new Palm phones. Blackberry's have return customers, they know when they release this version that BB addicts will suck it up no matter the price or when.
    02-13-10 03:26 PM
    Yea, the significance of this phone is very very very small to Verizon and Sprint. I don't keep up with Sprint but Verizon is more worried about selling the Driod and the new Palm phones. Blackberry's have return customers, they know when they release this version that BB addicts will suck it up no matter the price or when.
    yeah since sprint doesn't have exclusivity to the new palms they just touch on palm, android and blackberry devices on most commercials.
    02-13-10 04:09 PM
    Yeah I agree with you guys that there wont be this huge advertising campaign for the Tour 2.. Just thrown in somewhere at the end of a commercial for one or more of their other phones or sales offers.
    02-13-10 06:42 PM
    Per BBMChat twitter account
    BBMCHAT: Verizon stores in NYC have started receiving stock of 9650s not sure on anywhere else. Not on sale yet should be very soon
    02-13-10 07:03 PM
    Per BBMChat twitter account
    BBMCHAT: Verizon stores in NYC have started receiving stock of 9650s not sure on anywhere else. Not on sale yet should be very soon
    I posted thread about this a little bit ago, but I forget most people are subscribed to this thread and others.
    02-13-10 07:08 PM
    Hoping these BBM tweets are true. And hoping Sprint has it out by next Friday.
    02-13-10 07:14 PM
    Earlier today I broke down and got myself the T1. I needed a blackberry by week's end and so I couldn't wait any longer. While this is my first blackberry and so I don't know a whole lot about them, I couldn't be happier with it so far. If the T2 comes out w/ in 30 days, then great, I will get it but if not it is not that huge of a deal. there is really no amazing reason for why I need wi-fi and as far as the trackball/trackpad goes, I really don't mind the trackball. I played with the curve2 for a little in the store and honestly was that impressed with the trackpad. Maybe after a while of having the phone it will get on my nerves but I really don't think the T2 is that big of a deal. Just one guy's opinion.
    02-13-10 07:14 PM
    Earlier today I broke down and got myself the T1. I needed a blackberry by week's end and so I couldn't wait any longer. While this is my first blackberry and so I don't know a whole lot about them, I couldn't be happier with it so far. If the T2 comes out w/ in 30 days, then great, I will get it but if not it is not that huge of a deal. there is really no amazing reason for why I need wi-fi and as far as the trackball/trackpad goes, I really don't mind the trackball. I played with the curve2 for a little in the store and honestly was that impressed with the trackpad. Maybe after a while of having the phone it will get on my nerves but I really don't think the T2 is that big of a deal. Just one guy's opinion.
    +1
    i have been sitting on my ne2 for awhile now so im about 1 week from just jumping ship and grabbing the t1...im with u the trackpad is nice for those ppl who had issues at first with the t1's ball...and whe wifi...its cool but idk its just not worth sitting on my ne2
    02-13-10 07:25 PM
    you wonder if the carriers think about this type of consumer response. they give you indications of a possibly announcement in the near future, only to hold it off long enough for people to say screw it and buy the T1 to get rid of them... then release it after a surge in T1 profits, and still make a huge profit from the T2 people that were able to hold off.

yes i'm probably overthinking it way too much lol.
    02-13-10 07:31 PM
    no i think ur right on...after all they are a biz
    02-13-10 07:33 PM
    anything to make a profit they know what they're doing...
    02-13-10 07:34 PM
    yes they do and they will make a killing...but soon ppl r guna get kinda pissed off like the rest of us lol
    02-13-10 07:36 PM
    haha absolutely
    02-13-10 07:37 PM
    yes they do and they will make a killing...but soon ppl r guna get kinda pissed off like the rest of us lol
    Kinda like the mandatory data plans for most QWERTY phones, I think we will see this out of all carriers before long, I hate to say it.
    02-13-10 07:39 PM
    hey im alread on one of those so that dosent impact me lolol
    02-13-10 07:41 PM
    Ya know Ill give it to verizon with the better phones and releasing most of them first but its times when i see my bill that im happy im with sprint.
    02-13-10 08:50 PM
    To anyone that has "rented" a phone I want the 8530 for one to two weeks until the T2 is here so I would just buy it with my upgrade and return it pay the $35 restock fee use the money I used towards the Curve and my own combined and buy the T2 no problem? Also does that mean that I will buy the data package this month and than pay for it again when the T2 is out or does it last the month?
    02-13-10 11:24 PM
    yes you won't have a problem exchanging the device as long as it's within 30 days. I would think that when you buy the data package with the 8530 that will just simply carry over to the Tour 2 without a hitch. You'd already be signed up for the data package and the only thing changing is the device.

then again you could also hold out just a bit longer and avoid a $35 charge. but i know it's difficult!
    02-13-10 11:31 PM
    yes you won't have a problem exchanging the device as long as it's within 30 days. I would think that when you buy the data package with the 8530 that will just simply carry over to the Tour 2 without a hitch. You'd already be signed up for the data package and the only thing changing is the device.
    True. Thank you. I'm not sure if it is worth it though because it could be releasing this week. If there is no info by Monday maybe I will.
    02-13-10 11:33 PM
    yeah. there's gotta be some solid info coming within the next 1-2 weeks. it seems like things have been heating up, at least rumor wise, so hopefully we're on the brink of somethin official here.
    02-13-10 11:35 PM
23,186 ... 8788899091 ...