Listen everyone. I just went to Verizon not even 10 minutes ago. I had an upgrade I was going to "rent" and Env3 for the risk the Tour2 would come out within 30 days. So I decided to save the money and wait. I walked around and talked to 4 salespeople (the store is pretty big) I asked about "a new blackberry" or and upgraded version on the tour. I was told 2-3 weeks. Which is the end of February beginning of March. Just letting you all know what I heard. I didn't "rent" a phone I'll deal with the LG Dare a little bit long. Hey, I had to wait this long whats 2-3 weeks going to hurt?
    I was not able to last a 2 months with a dare, i had to go back to my voyager(which is not great either). I don't know how you did it. hats off to you.
    02-12-10 07:22 PM
    I will be returning my Droid and using an old Blackberry 8830 WE that my family has until it the Tour 2 comes out. Hopefully it's not too long!
    02-12-10 07:37 PM
    I will be returning my Droid and using an old Blackberry 8830 WE that my family has until it the Tour 2 comes out. Hopefully it's not too long!
    Really? I thought you liked the Droid? I say the T2 will be out in the March/April time frame.
    02-12-10 07:41 PM
    Went to my local Verizon store tonight (killing time before dinner) and thought I would subtly drop a few Tour 2 questions. The sales rep I spoke with claimed that not a single Tour 2 unit had even been manufactured yet and that I shouldn't expect it for the 8-12 months.

He also said that many people had been in there lately asking about the Tour 2. He claimed to not have heard anything official, yet he knew not a 'single unit has been manufactured' yet. The scent of bull**** coming from him was overwhelming.

Reading all the other posts in here (some reps saying it'll be out in a few weeks and some saying a few months) I can't believe how all over the board these prediction are. I mean, are some of these sales rep's just being allowed to straight up lie to customer's faces? I don't get how some VZW stores seem to have more information than others. You'd think they'd all be delivered the same info at the same time.
    Last edited by evanhabeeb; 02-12-10 at 07:55 PM.
    02-12-10 07:52 PM
    Went to my local Verizon store tonight (killing time before dinner) and thought I would subtly drop a few Tour 2 questions. The sales rep I spoke with claimed that not a single Tour 2 unit had even been manufactured yet and that I shouldn't expect it for the 8-12 months.

He also said that many people had been in there lately asking about the Tour 2. He claimed to not have heard anything official, yet he knew not a 'single unit has been manufactured' yet. The scent of bull**** coming from him was overwhelming.

Reading all the other posts in here (some reps saying it'll be out in a few weeks and some saying a few months) I can't believe how all over the board these prediction are. I mean, are some of these sales rep's just being allowed to straight up lie to customer's faces? I don't get how some VZW stores seem to have more information than others. You'd think they'd all be delivered the same info at the same time.
    Because you take what reps say with a grain of salt. Most of them have no idea of when the device will be released. Hence all the specualtion here as well.
    02-12-10 08:07 PM
    Reps dont know s**t
    02-12-10 08:11 PM
    Reps dont know s**t
    LOL yep, when he told me "8-12 months" I tried not to laugh loudly in the store. It was hard keeping a straight face. I feel like myself or the people on here have more of a clue than him...

...either that or he was just instructed to lie to me.
    02-12-10 08:14 PM
    Reps dont know s**t
    Some reps know a lot more then you think, they just don't want to start talking about something that will not make them any sales. They are sales people, and make their money when you buy a phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 08:30 PM
    Can I get someones opinion. I REALLY REALLY REALLY can not stand the Dare anymore. Is it worth it to "rent" the Droid for a couple weeks until the T2 is out? Or since I am new to blackberry should I "rent" the new Curve 8530 so I can learn the blackberry ways and get used to the trackpad.
    02-12-10 08:43 PM
    Can I get someones opinion. I REALLY REALLY REALLY can not stand the Dare anymore. Is it worth it to "rent" the Droid for a couple weeks until the T2 is out? Or since I am new to blackberry should I "rent" the new Curve 8530 so I can learn the blackberry ways and get used to the trackpad.

I'd say go with the 8530. Not only because since you'll just be switching it out for another berry anyway and (as you mentioned) practice would be nice, but because the Droid keyboard is h e double hockeysticks to use. :/ Too bad too because it's definitely one of the slickest and sexiest phones I've ever seen.
    Last edited by CapnCrunchBerry; 02-12-10 at 08:52 PM. Reason: because I can't say the area in which satan roams
    02-12-10 08:52 PM
    I think I'm going to wait about one week till i grab the curve because this phone seems like it honestly isn't coming out until mid march or later. Hate to be a negative nancy but there hasn't been any clues of this phone since the cellbrite system about a month ago
    02-13-10 12:04 AM
    Yeah its tough to sit around with an upgrade available and a POS phone in your hand. Ive almost caved a few times. And youre right addict, there hasnt been any ground breaking news in a while. The only glimmer being the updated OS released by Sprint. Ill prob lose my interest in the wait in the next week or 2 as well.
    02-13-10 12:16 AM
    Well I don't believe it will be out later than march. One of the main guys at sprint said in an interview that a tour with wifi will be released by Q1 of 2010.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 12:51 AM
    Sounds good to me.. Still just speculation though. Thanks for the info
    02-13-10 01:23 AM
    Still thinking next week might be it; maybe on Monday for Presidents Day?
    02-13-10 12:24 PM
    I don't know why, but this really makes good sense to me, as far as logic goes. Good find.
    Last edited by Jeffy294; 02-13-10 at 12:27 PM. Reason: I am an *****
    02-13-10 12:27 PM
    If the source is right, then "EDIT: This may hit Sprint as well within a week before/after Verizon. Will continue to get info and then pass it along." That's cool.
    02-13-10 12:38 PM
    If the source is right, then "EDIT: This may hit Sprint as well within a week before/after Verizon. Will continue to get info and then pass it along." That's cool.
    Sprint lets Verizon and its customers be the early suckers if there are problems with it ....poor us.
    02-13-10 12:43 PM
    How reliable has this source been in the past?
    02-13-10 12:44 PM
    So the BIG announcement could be for the T2?
    02-13-10 01:33 PM
    So the BIG announcement could be for the T2?
    Its not gonna be a big announcement, its just gonna hit the shelves one day. Its only gonna be big to us, whatever announcement we get for 9650.
    02-13-10 01:36 PM
    sounds promising. I can certainly wait this long even if Sprint releases it a week after Verizon.
    02-13-10 01:48 PM
    Ridiculous for it to take this long, but at least this appears to be some solid info indicating a release date.
    02-13-10 01:51 PM
    From BGR......

Paraphrasing from an update at BGR, RIM will making an announcement on Tuesday in part about cloudsyncing.

Hopefully the 9650 will be one of the other parts in the "big announcement"
    02-13-10 02:17 PM
    Just a thought. This Motorola Devour that's been announced won't even be hitting stores until when? Middle of March (somebody posted a link regarding March 15). So even if that was remotely correct, the thing won't even be in stores for a month after it's announced. How do we know the same won't happen with the Tour2? What's the general time frame between an announcement and in store pick up?

-- And I might be wrong with then the Devour is coming out, just saw it on a site.
    02-13-10 02:47 PM
23,186 ... 8687888990 ...