why?.. there is 2200 posts for the thread entitled "release date" ..

so that is 2200 posts of nothing... rumor, speculation, grandstanding, anxiety sure but facts?..nope
    Well it was all explained a few pages ago if you go back and look.
    02-11-10 02:04 PM
    Sorry, but it wasn't. Want to try and explain it again?
    Oh I didn't see your other post excuse me. Sorry I thought you were coming off fresh. And here is another thread where that chart was first posted. http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/sp...2-soon-419841/
    Last edited by jpisaniello; 02-11-10 at 02:14 PM.
    02-11-10 02:08 PM
    Mojo Pin: Wouldn't worry about it. Unless you're doing it over and over again, I personally think it's fine. Others may have another opinion. The policy states you can return your phone within 30 days no questions asked.
    I agree that its wrong to continue to do it over and over. But the question is why would you want to do it in the first place? I can see upgrading and hoping to exchange if your phone is broken, lost or whatever. But to do it just to get a new phone for 30 days seams like a hassel to me.

I had issues with my track ball on my 8330 and thank goodness VZW has them in store and was a quick and free fix! So now I can sit back enjoy my last few days, weeks, or months with my curve! This is the longest I have had a phone and its been quite a trooper. I did briefly "upgrade" to the storm, but didn't like it so I sold it and went back to the curve.
    02-11-10 02:10 PM
    I agree RC1078. I guess the reason would be to have a good device hold you over until the one you want is out? But yes, that seems like a big hassle. I rather just wait it out with a crappy, but functioning phone rather then keep making trips to the store.

We know this... it's GOING to come out. The only question is when, but waiting won't kill me. It'll annoy me, but not kill me.
    02-11-10 02:31 PM
    I agree that its wrong to continue to do it over and over. But the question is why would you want to do it in the first place? I can see upgrading and hoping to exchange if your phone is broken, lost or whatever. But to do it just to get a new phone for 30 days seams like a hassel to me.

I had issues with my track ball on my 8330 and thank goodness VZW has them in store and was a quick and free fix! So now I can sit back enjoy my last few days, weeks, or months with my curve! This is the longest I have had a phone and its been quite a trooper. I did briefly "upgrade" to the storm, but didn't like it so I sold it and went back to the curve.
    I guess I should have worded that differently... I shouldn't have made it sound like I was absolutely sure I would return it. If I did go that route, I would get the Curve 2 for the trackpad and WiFi. I just don't wanna do the trackball thing anymore, and there really ARE things I like about that phone so I've really been curious about it and wanting to try it out. Granted, I do think I'd like the Tour 2 better, but who knows? So what I should have said was that I'd be mostly sure I'd be returning it or exchanging it for the Tour 2; not that I'm positive I would. It could turn out that I actually love the Curve 2!

Also, my upgrade date isn't even until March 5, so I do think that odds are the Tour 2 would be out within my 30 days if I did get a phone right away, and I'd be able to exchange it. Who knows though... seems like we just keep hearing later and later dates. First possibly January, then February sounded like a sure thing, when that date passed it was the end of February, now we're hearing end of March or even into April or May. I'm honestly just getting sick of waiting for this.

So doing it that way would be for three reasons... The first being so I could see if I do like the Curve 2 because I really am curious about it. That was the phone I was originally going to upgrade to, till I heard about the T2. The second because I can't stand this Pearl Flip for web browsing and my 8330 isn't exactly stable, and the third reason is because I'm going crazy waiting! Ugh.

I'm also still considering just buying a phone on ebay or craigslist for cheap to hold me over. Just found a great deal for a mint Tour on there.
    02-11-10 02:33 PM
    Also, ibcop, how's your experience with the Tour from craigslist? I've been so tempted to try that but I'm scared of getting screwed over. With the trackball problems on them and all that, I just don't wanna get stuck with a bad one.
    I haven't had any issues. I looked for a Tour locally and met the guy. I checked over the phone and even called Verizon to double check the EMEI number. I got a brand new one too. Maybe I was lucky, but no problems with mine. I just hate using the ball, as I left AT&T and the 9700!!
    02-11-10 03:04 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the original curve a "hot" item for its release? That came out in May of 07. I remember seeing rumors for early release just like the T2.

Maybe all of our estimates are off and RIM will release it in May?
    02-11-10 03:13 PM
    I haven't had any issues. I looked for a Tour locally and met the guy. I checked over the phone and even called Verizon to double check the EMEI number. I got a brand new one too. Maybe I was lucky, but no problems with mine. I just hate using the ball, as I left AT&T and the 9700!!
    Wow, good deal! I haven't been able to find anyone locally on craigslist. I've found some somewhat nearby, but they would still have to ship it and I don't know if that will work. I haven't heard back from the guy yet. Glad yours is working out so well for you though! I can totally understand your loathing for the trackball. lol I went into Verizon about 2 months ago and played with the trackpad on the 8530. Ever since I've hated having to use my trackball. lol

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the original curve a "hot" item for its release? That came out in May of 07. I remember seeing rumors for early release just like the T2.

Could be! Who knows. All I know is this is getting old fast. I have SO much patience with a lot of things, but this is not one of them. lol
    02-11-10 03:47 PM
    One word.....

02-11-10 03:55 PM
    Screw this im getting an env3 for 30 days. It is dumb that verizon slapped on a $9.99 data plan on all the other multimedia phones.
    02-11-10 03:55 PM
    It is starting to get annoying. Especially when you check the board everyday, for the last few months...waiting and waiting. All we want is a confirmed date! Is that really that hard?
    02-11-10 04:01 PM
    It is starting to get annoying. Especially when you check the board everyday, for the last few months...waiting and waiting. All we want is a confirmed date! Is that really that hard?
    Seriously lol i can't see why we don't get some sort of date. i come here every day in hopes of seeing something and its just the same garbage having nothing to do with the tour 2 and just people speculating and making stupid threads of old or non significant news.
    02-11-10 04:06 PM
    Well, my billing cycle with Verizon ends in a little over a week, shutting off Verizon service whether this phone is out or not.
    Disappointed that Ive been checking this board since December and they leave us hanging like this.
    And I'm sick of paying Verizons high prices, so 9630 for me, unless by the good graces of RIM this phone releases early next week.
    Doubtful.

Hello Sprint.
    02-11-10 04:07 PM
    Well, my billing cycle with Verizon ends in a little over a week, shutting off Verizon service whether this phone is out or not.
    Disappointed that Ive been checking this board since December and they leave us hanging like this.
    And I'm sick of paying Verizons high prices, so 9630 for me, unless by the good graces of RIM this phone releases early next week.
    Doubtful.

Hello Sprint.

We welcome you with open arms
    02-11-10 04:10 PM
    Doubtful.

Hello Sprint.
    yep..welcome welcome... Sprint's data plans are so much better than Verizon's. I have the Everything Data Plan and its great.. check it out if you haven't already.
    02-11-10 04:45 PM
    I have been waiting since 11-01-2009 when I started this thread

02-11-10 04:55 PM
    This interminable delay is why I went with the Storm2.........
    02-11-10 05:24 PM
    I'm watching an auction for a Tour on ebay right now. Doubt I'll be the highest bidder, but you never know. I'm through waiting.

Well, I guess technically I'll still be waiting... But at least I'll have something highly comperable to what I'm waiting for.
    02-11-10 05:49 PM
    I'm watching an auction for a Tour on ebay right now. Doubt I'll be the highest bidder, but you never know. I'm through waiting.

Well, I guess technically I'll still be waiting... But at least I'll have something highly comperable to what I'm waiting for.
    Good Luck!

And whatever you end up with, just make sure you keep the device in mint condition so you can re-coup your money when the T2 drops.

I think I am defecting back to AT&T for the 9700.......
    02-11-10 05:56 PM
    Good Luck!

And whatever you end up with, just make sure you keep the device in mint condition so you can re-coup your money when the T2 drops.

I think I am defecting back to AT&T for the 9700.......
    I won it!!! Part of me is super excited and the other part is crapping my pants. lol Buying a phone online is always a risky thing. I talked with the guy before bidding though and it sounds totally legit. So woooooooooooo!! I will be sure to take extra good care of it! And the good thing is, all the accessories will/should be transferable to the T2 when I get it.

Hey um... How about you get me one of those 9700s too??
    02-11-10 06:02 PM
    I won it!!! Part of me is super excited and the other part is crapping my pants. lol Buying a phone online is always a risky thing. I talked with the guy before bidding though and it sounds totally legit. So woooooooooooo!! I will be sure to take extra good care of it! And the good thing is, all the accessories will/should be transferable to the T2 when I get it.

Congrats! You'll love it!
    02-11-10 06:05 PM
    I'm really missing my 9700 right now...
    I actually never found ATT's service to be bad, and I actually always got Full Bars of 3G. With my Droid and Verizon I never seem to have full bars. And I live in DC so i'm not in the country.
    However I have gone on trips and had no service with ATT and others have full service with Verizon. So I want to stay with Verizon. I just want my Blackberry! Haha
    02-11-10 06:07 PM
    I'm really missing my 9700 right now...
    I actually never found ATT's service to be bad, and I actually always got Full Bars of 3G. With my Droid and Verizon I never seem to have full bars. And I live in DC so i'm not in the country.
    However I have gone on trips and had no service with ATT and others have full service with Verizon. So I want to stay with Verizon. I just want my Blackberry! Haha
    I was using a 9700 up until January 1st......when I decided to try Verizon. So far there is not a difference in service. I still will drop a call from time to time but six of one, half-dozen of another. At least I'm not in a contract with Verizon.

Anyone wanna buy a Tour?
    02-11-10 06:14 PM

Sure thing.....send me your address.....

Congrats on the phone. Hopefully the seller will ship it tomorrow.....I think I'd pay for express shipping....I have bought and sold several phones through eBay and haven't had a problem...but knock on wood.

And go change your pants......
    02-11-10 06:16 PM
    You better be joking about selling your tour!!! Grrrrrr

I would see about express shipping but he's using UPS and I don't want to pay for that. sucks. Maybe he's already doing a quicker shipping option though because it's kind of more than I thought it would be. Hope so. If not it will probably be the end of next week when I get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 06:37 PM
23,186 ... 8384858687 ...