Very true! Generally just creates more questions and you are better off getting the information here.
    Definitely so
    02-11-10 12:38 PM
    I was just up at Verizon returning my 8530 and reactivating my old phone (wasn't impressed with the 8530 and wanted to use my upgrade for the tour 2).

I asked if there were any new blackberries coming out (of course there are) and he hesitated for a second and said yes, towards the end of March. Now don't kill the messenger here, i'm simply telling you what the rep said.

--- Which would coincide with what MurrayHR posted...
    If I may ask a stupid question, you said you got the 8530 and then returned it because you weren't impressed with it and wanted to use your upgrade on the T2. Does this mean that with Verizon you can get a phone using your upgrade and if you don't like it, you can't just return it and still save your upgrade, rather than them forcing you to choose another phone right away? Or did you buy the Curve 2 at retail and returned it that way?

Sorry to post this here guys, I know it has nothing to do with the T2, but it's relevent to what he said.
    02-11-10 12:40 PM
    I emailed my company's Verizon rep asking about the Tour 2 (Essex 9650) and she said:

"our Data team is saying late March or first of April ..."

I have no idea who "the data team" are, so take it for what it's worth.
    It would be pathetic for it to take that long for VZW to release this phone. If it's not out by the end of February I'm jumping ship to AT&T.
    02-11-10 12:42 PM
    Lol do you not believe us or something? We're telling you what they told us. Take it or leave it. The day you get "proof" is the day you look at your screen and read the official release date. Right now, this is all any of us will get.
    Where did I say I didn't believe anyone? All I said is I doubt an late March early April release... I want actually proof though it's good to actually see and get everyones hopes back up. Thanks for trying to start something with me though.
    02-11-10 01:07 PM
    If I may ask a stupid question, you said you got the 8530 and then returned it because you weren't impressed with it and wanted to use your upgrade on the T2. Does this mean that with Verizon you can get a phone using your upgrade and if you don't like it, you can't just return it and still save your upgrade, rather than them forcing you to choose another phone right away? Or did you buy the Curve 2 at retail and returned it that way?

Sorry to post this here guys, I know it has nothing to do with the T2, but it's relevent to what he said.
    Yes, you can. You may be subject to the re-stocking fee when you return the phone. I did this - started with the Tour - as soon as I heard of the T2, I returned the Tour. I didn't have to pay any restocking fee either. I purchased a Tour off of CraigsList to tide me over. Once I am ready, I sell the Tour for what I paid for it. A "win-win" situation!
    02-11-10 01:07 PM
    I heard Spring-time as well. I know it means zilch, but thats what I was told. I was also told to keep checking phonescoop.com or something like that. At this point, I really do not care!
    02-11-10 01:11 PM
    No, I did that in October. Got the Tour, didn't like it, sent it back. They refunded my money and credited my account by making a note so I could use the upgrade when I finally get around to getting my next phone...Tour 2.

02-11-10 01:15 PM
    Well it has been OVER a week since Sal's big release date announcment and STILL NO WORD on the Tour 2. Guess it goes to show he has as much clout as everyone else on here.
    I mean look OS 5 came out before the release of the Tour 2
    02-11-10 01:19 PM
    Well it has been OVER a week since Sal's big release date announcment and STILL NO WORD on the Tour 2. Guess it goes to show he has as much clout as everyone else on here.
    Um... isn't that the way it works? The OS is released and the phone comes shortly after?
    02-11-10 01:21 PM
    What was the time difference from when the BOGO stopped and the S2 came out? Was the difference a couple of days?
    Glad I held out from buying the T1 this week.
    I'm really not sure on that. I wish there was a way to find that out i'Ll try searching around later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 01:23 PM
    I still think Sal has been accurate and very helpful. Things change over time out of his control so give or take a week is to be expected.

Sometime next week is highly likely.

02-11-10 01:23 PM
    This is the last time I'm saying it. No one in here has complete control on when a device is coming out, no one. A device slated to release on January 13th by Verizon, could very well get pushed back to April 3rd by the carrier. What Sal did was speak to credible sources and then provided it to the forum/twitter/blog. What gives him clout is not only does he spend thousands on a early device, he'll spend thousands on the device and give it away to people who doesn't have it like that. Never has he said to be a RIM Insider, or pretend to be. People in here have it misconstrued, and giving people titles. Sometimes you're correct, and sometimes you're not. Simple as that. Seven days is now a stretch, but February is still a strong possibility. What needs to take place is Verizon officially releasing 0S 5.0. It will not come out until then.
    02-11-10 01:28 PM
    This is the last time I'm saying it. No one in here has complete control on when a device is coming out, no one. A device slated to release on January 13th by Verizon, could very well get pushed back to April 3rd by the carrier. What Sal did was speak to credible sources and then provided it to the forum/twitter/blog. What gives him clout is not only does he spend thousands on a early device, he'll spend thousands on the device and give it away to people who doesn't have it like that. Never has he said to be a RIM Insider, or pretend to be. People in here have it misconstrued, and giving people titles. Sometimes you're correct, and sometimes you're not. Simple as that. Seven days is now a stretch, but February is still a strong possibility. What needs to take place is Verizon officially releasing 0S 5.0. It will not come out until then.
    deevious_dee is just a troll, trying to get a rise out of us. Just ignore the a-hole.
    02-11-10 01:33 PM
    Very good post!

02-11-10 01:33 PM
    Isn't the mobile phone conference coming up? Maybe RIM has something up their sleeve regarding the T2, something they plan on announcing then. /end speculation
    02-11-10 01:37 PM
    Could be, but I see something happening before that.

Isn't the mobile phone conference coming up? Maybe RIM has something up their sleeve regarding the T2, something they plan on announcing then. /end speculation
    02-11-10 01:39 PM
    Thanks for the info! Any idea what's holding up VZW releasing OS 5.0? Also, if 5.0 is the issue, when do you expect Sprint to release the Tour 2 since they're already released 5.0?
    02-11-10 01:43 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand why this image is relevant. Could someone please explain, because from what I see the info provided is about the T1 (9630) not the T2 (9650). What I see is the third column showing that the 5.0 OS for the T1 could be released mid-February. So what's the big deal?
    Please read the rest of the thread...or the other pertaining to this.
    02-11-10 01:46 PM
    At this point, so long as it releases by March 15th, I'll be happy. I'm debating between this our the Moto Devour and taking the leap from BlackBerry to Android. So, if it's out when the Devour releases, perfect.

For the rest of you, I'm crossing our collective fingers for Valentine's Day, Sunday releases folks, Sundays.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 01:49 PM
    Thanks for the info! Any idea what's holding up VZW releasing OS 5.0? Also, if 5.0 is the issue, when do you expect Sprint to release the Tour 2 since they're already released 5.0?
    I don't know what's holding up VZW, but I feel they will release it this month. Once both carriers release it, Sprint and Verizon will drop the 9650 at the same time. The difference is that Sprint would probably do Sprint.com and phone orders only.
    02-11-10 01:50 PM
    Where did I say I didn't believe anyone? All I said is I doubt an late March early April release... I want actually proof though it's good to actually see and get everyones hopes back up. Thanks for trying to start something with me though.
    Trying to start something with a kid on a forum? Far from it. Simply responded to what you said. Sorry, I don't have a screen shot or email to give you.

Tourboy: as the other person said, yes. I used my upgrade for the curve 2 and when I decided I did not want it anymore, I simply returned the phone - no restocking fee and within 30 days of course - and my upgrade is opened right back up!
    02-11-10 01:50 PM
    why?.. there is 2200 posts for the thread entitled "release date" ..

so that is 2200 posts of nothing... rumor, speculation, grandstanding, anxiety sure but facts?..nope

Please read the rest of the thread...or the other pertaining to this.
    02-11-10 01:51 PM
    precisely Mystic205
    02-11-10 01:54 PM
    Yes, you can. You may be subject to the re-stocking fee when you return the phone. I did this - started with the Tour - as soon as I heard of the T2, I returned the Tour. I didn't have to pay any restocking fee either. I purchased a Tour off of CraigsList to tide me over. Once I am ready, I sell the Tour for what I paid for it. A "win-win" situation!
    No, I did that in October. Got the Tour, didn't like it, sent it back. They refunded my money and credited my account by making a note so I could use the upgrade when I finally get around to getting my next phone...Tour 2.
    Well this is great news! That will make the wait time a whole lot easier for sure. Question though, would it be "wrong" of me to take advantage of that, knowing I was intending to take return it (unless the T2 is out by then of course, in which case I would exchange)? I'm not a big fan of insurance fraud and this seems to be somewhat along those lines...

Also, ibcop, how's your experience with the Tour from craigslist? I've been so tempted to try that but I'm scared of getting screwed over. With the trackball problems on them and all that, I just don't wanna get stuck with a bad one.
    02-11-10 01:57 PM
    Mojo Pin: Wouldn't worry about it. Unless you're doing it over and over again, I personally think it's fine. Others may have another opinion. The policy states you can return your phone within 30 days no questions asked.
    02-11-10 02:03 PM
23,186 ... 8283848586 ...