02-09-10 10:05 PM
    I'm not sure how legitimate this is, but this was on a sprint forum. I'm also not sure why he is referring to the 9650 as the "bold".

"I did speak to the CSR (Missy) in Texas and she assured me that the bold will be available in two days and I could order it today. At first she said that it was $250 w/ $100 rebate then she looked again and said it would be $150.00 w/ $100 rebate. I was elated but did not place my Order. I will give it a couple days. I figure if it will be in Texas Im pretty sure I will Get one here in my State. (Wayne )"

"FYI the call center taking orders for the 9650's was in Plano Texas. 214-778-1592 ask for "Missy"

Here's the link: BlackBerry Smart Phones:Tour OS 5.0
    This doesn't sound legit. I tried to call the number, but there's no voicemail or anything like that. And why taking order in texas? isn't it supposed to be naitonwide?
    02-09-10 10:37 PM
    Tomorrow will be 1 week since my RAZR died (tried a new battery and it's still toast) so this is of utmost importance to me. All of the snow we've had lately is also causing me some concern when driving without access to a phone if there was an emergency. So, I guess I'm just venting that I'd really like to see this phone drop immediately. I said I'd give it through the 8th, which I obviously did, and will give it another day or two...but if no news is released, then I'll be moving on to a Moto DROID. I'd love a BB, but I need WiFi (travel to Canada regularly and would like Internet access w/o Verizon data fees) and the Curve 2 isn't appealing to me (ie, I'd hate to be 'stuck' with it if the Tour 2 didn't drop within 30 days).

What a bummer.
    Off topic, but I've never incurred any extra data fees when traveling to Canada with Verizon. Doesn't the blackberry plan cover that?
    02-09-10 11:24 PM
    What if the delay for the Tour 2 has to do with all the snow the Northeast has been getting? I mean if you think about it, how many flights have been delayed? How hard has it been for people to get to work and such? Maybe they aren't announcing it yet due to the weather and are waiting for conditions to get better so they can announce it and start shipping it???
    02-10-10 12:09 AM
    What if the delay for the Tour 2 has to do with all the snow the Northeast has been getting? I mean if you think about it, how many flights have been delayed? How hard has it been for people to get to work and such? Maybe they aren't announcing it yet due to the weather and are waiting for conditions to get better so they can announce it and start shipping it???
    highly doubt it lol
    02-10-10 12:13 AM
    so these are the tweets of theghost88 on twitter, all from today, about the 9650 being named "bold" rather than tour:

@techshoe and when do you think its coming out...essex is code name its actually called hte 9650 bold

btw the 9650 is not called the tour2 so get it outta your heads....9650 bold

no one understand why RIM named the 9650 a "bold" put that in your pipe and smoke it
    Um...the tweets from that unknown whoever don't at all explain why the Essex would be called a Bold. It's basically a Tour with a track pad. Why would they all of a sudden decide to lump the phone in with that series? I would assume only because at first glance, you wouldn't be able to tell a 9700 from a 9650 head-on. *shrug*
    02-10-10 12:36 AM
    Um...the tweets from that unknown whoever don't at all explain why the Essex would be called a Bold. It's basically a Tour with a track pad. Why would they all of a sudden decide to lump the phone in with that series? I would assume only because at first glance, you wouldn't be able to tell a 9700 from a 9650 head-on. *shrug*
    Well the only visual difference would be the red accents on the Keyboard, so I could see it. But I really doubt them naming this phone the Bold.
    02-10-10 12:42 AM
    Well the only visual difference would be the red accents on the Keyboard, so I could see it. But I really doubt them naming this phone the Bold.
    The 83xx, 85xx and the 89xx are all called the 'Curve'. From what I hear the 9650 will be extremely similar to the 9700. Why doubt it so much?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 02:20 AM
    and don't forget to mention the extremely poor grammar reminiscent of an inner-city youth rather than a corporation insider. theghost88 meaning this guy is what, 21-22 years old? how would he know?
    02-10-10 02:53 AM
    No, much like how the Storm was handled, should be the Tour 2.

02-10-10 06:47 AM
    What i don't understand is why would they call the 9650 a Bold when sprint is also getting the 9650 and already has the Bold 9700? i didn't see this question being asked and i know there is a thread all about this topic but i figured since we're on this topic now, i'd ask.

Sprint doesnt have a bold 9700. If they did then you probably wouldnt see half the people from Sprint in this forum freaking out for why the Tour 2 hasnt been released.
    02-10-10 06:59 AM
    oh my bad !! who is it AT&T? my apologies. i just woke up and still a bit out of it. goes to show how obsessed i am with this forum and 9650. Again i do apologize. Wish i never posted that lol
    Last edited by pflorio; 02-10-10 at 07:07 AM.
    02-10-10 07:03 AM
    I am expected a release of the Tour 2 between today, Wednesday 10th and next Wednesday, 17th.
    02-10-10 07:15 AM
    I am expected a release of the Tour 2 between today, Wednesday 10th and next Wednesday, 17th.
    i like the sound of that...but we have heard things like this for about three months as soon as one date passes a new one comes...I pray your right!
    02-10-10 07:22 AM
    This is from WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS

"According to an unnamed Verizon employee the BlackBerry Tour2 (code named Essex) has appeared in their Celebrite system for transferring data between phones. Last week, "dummy" units of the BlackBerry Tour2 showed up in Verizon's inventory. The BlackBerry Tour2 has appeared in sneak peaks and here are the details we've be able to round-up:

* The trackball has been replaced with a trackpad that works well.
    * It's about the same size as the original BlackBerry Tour.
    * It has a faster processor, the same as the BlackBerry Storm2, which makes it run faster.
    * The BlackBerry Tour2 9650 has Wi-Fi.
    * The bottom row of keys is slightly shorter than the original BlackBerry Tour.
    * Better camera. (Some forum members have suggested that to compete with other smartphones it should be 5 MP.)
    * An forum member believes he saw the Sprint version of the BlackBerry Tour2 in a Sprint store. The rep told him that the price will be $50 with a contract.
    * Different green call key.
    * The BlackBerry 9650 has shown up in Sprint's cataloging system.

Rumors originally suggested that the BlackBerry Tour2 would be ready in late January, or for the holiday rush. Recent rumors suggest a release date of February 3. Often Verizon will start the sale of smartphone on a Wednesday, that could be the date. We don't know if or when it will qualify for the Buy One BlackBerry Get Any Free BlackBerry or Device deal. Then when you buy one BlackBerry Tour2, you can get another BlackBerry or mobile broadband device for FREE. Therefore you could buy a BlackBerry Tour2 and get a free netbook (with a contract.)"
    02-10-10 07:24 AM
    Several of the details in that Wireless and Mobile News report (it's from January 18, if anyone is trying to find it) are things that have been suggested on this and other forums, but weren't included in the initial video review or other comparisons. It would be nice if it has the faster processor and the better camera, but neither of those have been confirmed in anything I've read. Hopefully, the specs (and phone) will be released soon so we'll know for sure, but in the meantime, thanks for continuing to try to chase down more info.
    Last edited by StarTraveler; 02-10-10 at 08:18 AM.
    02-10-10 08:08 AM
    What about sprint??? I need to hear the release date for sprint I hope its close by

02-10-10 08:09 AM
    this is from wireless and mobile news

"according to an unnamed verizon employee the blackberry tour2 (code named essex) has appeared in their celebrite system for transferring data between phones. Last week, "dummy" units of the blackberry tour2 showed up in verizon's inventory. The blackberry tour2 has appeared in sneak peaks and here are the details we've be able to round-up:

* the trackball has been replaced with a trackpad that works well.
    * it's about the same size as the original blackberry tour.
    * it has a faster processor, the same as the blackberry storm2, which makes it run faster.
    * the blackberry tour2 9650 has wi-fi.
    * the bottom row of keys is slightly shorter than the original blackberry tour.
    * better camera. (some forum members have suggested that to compete with other smartphones it should be 5 mp.)
    * an forum member believes he saw the sprint version of the blackberry tour2 in a sprint store. The rep told him that the price will be $50 with a contract.
    * different green call key.
    * the blackberry 9650 has shown up in sprint's cataloging system.

Rumors originally suggested that the blackberry tour2 would be ready in late january, or for the holiday rush. Recent rumors suggest a release date of february 3. Often verizon will start the sale of smartphone on a wednesday, that could be the date. We don't know if or when it will qualify for the buy one blackberry get any free blackberry or device deal. Then when you buy one blackberry tour2, you can get another blackberry or mobile broadband device for free. Therefore you could buy a blackberry tour2 and get a free netbook (with a contract.)"
    this is old news!
    02-10-10 08:10 AM
    Agree! I cannot be long now. I also think we are looking at between today and next Wednesday; Verizon seems to like Wednesdays. :-)

Several of the details in that Wireless and Mobile News report (it's from January 18, if anyone is trying to find it) are things that have been suggested on this and other forums, but weren't included in the initial video review or other comparisons. It would be nice if it has the faster processor and the better camera, but neither of those have been confirmed in anything I've read. Hopefully, the specs (and phone) will be released soon so we'll know for sure, but in the meantime, thanks for continuing to try to chase down more info.
    02-10-10 08:24 AM
    Many dealers are now out of stock of the Tour which means the T2 should be dropping any day now :-)
    02-10-10 10:55 AM
    Do you mind telling us what dealers? I only ask because every time I look at VZW or Best Buy websites or stores, they have them in stock. Maybe Texas is still hung up on the Storm and waiting on the T2.
    02-10-10 11:17 AM

This might be some good news if legit... any sprint employees that can confirm would be awesome
    This could mean a T2 soon or at the same time... hmmm maybe sunday??? Valentines would be awesome...
    Last edited by jasper0201; 02-10-10 at 11:49 AM.
    02-10-10 11:47 AM
    yeah and we all thought that vzw was going to be first... mabye not?
    02-10-10 11:50 AM
    Many dealers are now out of stock of the Tour which means the T2 should be dropping any day now :-)
    Whether or not "dealers" are out of stock on the Tour has no bearing on when the T2 is released. This cockamamy crap about the Tour one has to sell down before the T2 is released is pure.......well, stupidity. The Tour will continue to be stocked and will continue to be sold by Verizon and Sprint. RIM continues to manufactor the Tour........there goes another Tour off the assembly line.........

I think people are grasping for reason as to why the T2 is not out.....whoopty doo.....it's only a phone.
    02-10-10 11:57 AM
    Ahhh, it is more than that...it is the TOUR 2!

The same thing happened with the Storm 1 right before the Storm 2 came out; the Storm 1 was selling at a reduced price and dealers where trying to clear inventory, making room for the Storm 2.

I think people are grasping for reason as to why the T2 is not out.....whoopty doo.....it's only a phone.
    02-10-10 12:02 PM
23,186 ... 7677787980 ...