Thank you for the help. I don't have a problem with signal so that would never be a problem, I just was curious if it is SO much faster than 3G. My bf has the droid and swears the wi-fi is SO important. Obviously I have wi-fi at home, here at work, and school so I wasn't sure if I should stick it out and wait. I hate making these kinds of decisions, haha.
    02-09-10 02:59 PM
    ok is it just me, but, I was activating a few phones the other day and all the curve2 had loose and or crooked trackpad...is this an issue we will face with the 9650 or is it just a fluke
    02-09-10 02:59 PM
    Thank you for the help. I don't have a problem with signal so that would never be a problem, I just was curious if it is SO much faster than 3G. My bf has the droid and swears the wi-fi is SO important. Obviously I have wi-fi at home, here at work, and school so I wasn't sure if I should stick it out and wait. I hate making these kinds of decisions, haha.
    Like I said, its not that big of a difference, but it is nice to have in the right situation.
    02-09-10 03:01 PM
    I just hope they don't rush them out and the crooked trackpad is installed. That would bring my OCD to a whole new level.
    I couldn't agree more.... I feel like waiting for this phone has brought my OCD out a little bit. Waiting for the phone and having a messed up trackpad would be the end. My head would probably just blow up.
    02-09-10 03:02 PM
    That's true. I'd rather it be released later then have the trackpad issues the 9700 had. I had to return mine 2 times because of wobbly and leaning trackpads.
    What kind of issues did you have with your 9700 tackpad?
    02-09-10 03:02 PM
    Tomorrow will be 1 week since my RAZR died (tried a new battery and it's still toast) so this is of utmost importance to me. All of the snow we've had lately is also causing me some concern when driving without access to a phone if there was an emergency. So, I guess I'm just venting that I'd really like to see this phone drop immediately. I said I'd give it through the 8th, which I obviously did, and will give it another day or two...but if no news is released, then I'll be moving on to a Moto DROID. I'd love a BB, but I need WiFi (travel to Canada regularly and would like Internet access w/o Verizon data fees) and the Curve 2 isn't appealing to me (ie, I'd hate to be 'stuck' with it if the Tour 2 didn't drop within 30 days).

What a bummer.
    02-09-10 03:05 PM
    My trackpad was really loose, and leaning to the left. Both phones had this issue, so I returned them. Finally I ditched ATT and moved to Verizon. The only thing I miss is my Bold 9700. It was a great great phone without the trackpad issues. Other then that I loved it.
    02-09-10 03:10 PM
    This phone is never coming out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 05:27 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hah that's how it's starting to feel
    02-09-10 05:51 PM
    Darn, someone finally figured it out, the Tour2 is nothing but a plot to get more posts here!

Well, OK, then. They'll just start another rumor to watch us dance!
    02-09-10 06:06 PM
    Why visit this thread if youre NOT excited about phones? Let alone the crackberry site...
    I don't freak out over new phones, but I like to know as much about BBs as possible becasue I do need to get rid of my pearl.

I still don't get why everyone gets so hyped over a phone...it will be out sooner or later.
    I agree. It's a phone, not a baby!

I know waiting sucks, but what are all of you going to do when you go out and buy a phone in hopes to exchange it within 30 days, and the 9650 doesn't come out in that 30 day window? What then? I've been using a REALLY crappy phone (MOTORAZR V3) for a LONG time now and as anxious as I am for the 9650 to come out, I would never be willing to waste $300 total because I was impatient...
    I could never do this. Money is too precious to me. My husband told me in October I could get a new phone. I have not gone out running to get a phone just because. I did research and found the one I want.

I agree with you as well, it's just a phone. But I disagree that T2 will be released when VZW/Sprint want it to. It's not their decision. It's RIM's.
    No, RIM does not decided when a phone is released. That is the carrier's decision.

Ooop! You're right, I'm wrong. Hubby bought it that Friday. My apologies...I had the wrong month in mind.

So maybe there could be a 2 day window between press release and sale date, but again I doubt it with all the hype that's been generated about this phone.

Just going back in the press releases:
    -8530 (VZW) announced 11/5/09 and released 11/13/09
    -9700 (ATT) announced 10/21/09 and released 11/09
    -8520 (T-Mobile) announced 7/27/09 and released 8/09
    -Tour (VZW) announced 6/16/09 and released 7/09

Again I say, regardless of what Sal or any other "reputable" sources may post, RIM's website will be the one to make the official announcement with a correct date. Rely on the facts people, not the rumors.
    These are all new BBs and not an upgrade - T1 to T2.

no it is the carriers decision when the phone is released. That is why you see the same phone released on different days on different carriers.
    so true
    02-09-10 06:12 PM
    Anyone heard from SauceX yet?
    02-09-10 06:28 PM
    Anyone heard from SauceX yet?
    I have to wonder if we even will, probably does not want to come back for the grilling he would get if he said they had to push it back a couple of week and why didn't tell us. Thats an assumption that he was legit, if he was a fake then just forget what I said. Maybe posting under another name or not posting at all.
    02-09-10 06:54 PM
    Nah, don't think that is the case at all.

Thats an assumption that he was legit, if he was a fake then just forget what I said. Maybe posting under another name or not posting at all.
    02-09-10 07:39 PM
    Nah, don't think that is the case at all.
    Does not really matter, if his info changed it he can't help it.
    02-09-10 07:54 PM
    Possibly, but he has been one of, if not the most, reliable source up to this point.

Does not really matter, if his info changed it he can't help it.
    02-09-10 08:17 PM
    But seriously, he needs to start posting.
    02-09-10 08:22 PM
    Would you post if you were gonna be cooked over an open flame for being off on the release date for a phone.
    02-09-10 08:26 PM
    I hope that people would not get too mad at him if he is a week or two off.
    02-09-10 08:31 PM
    I could never do this. Money is too precious to me. My husband told me in October I could get a new phone. I have not gone out running to get a phone just because. I did research and found the one I want.
    This is exactly why I have no choice but to be patient. I'm a married mother of soon to be 2 in a full-time nursing program, money isn't exactly flowing freely. Waiting one or two months more (God forbid) isn't going to kill me. A BB user probably wouldn't even give me the time of day if they knew what phone I had, but rest assured I am a BB person to the core. And for that, I will wait. But it won't be easy
    02-09-10 08:38 PM
    I know it's our fault that we go absolutely crazy in anticipation or these phones, but I just can't help but be a little perturbed that SauceX and Sal just dump arbitrary dates in the forums and watch us eat each other alive. I kinda wish they kept us updated along the way, instead of just revising their dates when they are proved to be wrong.
    02-09-10 08:38 PM
    It would be nice, but it is not like his job or anything

02-09-10 08:46 PM
    so these are the tweets of theghost88 on twitter, all from today, about the 9650 being named "bold" rather than tour:

@techshoe and when do you think its coming out...essex is code name its actually called hte 9650 bold

btw the 9650 is not called the tour2 so get it outta your heads....9650 bold

no one understand why RIM named the 9650 a "bold" put that in your pipe and smoke it
    02-09-10 08:49 PM
    Would you post if you were gonna be cooked over an open flame for being off on the release date for a phone.
    He shouldnt of acted like he knew what he was talking about in the first place. He was so sure of a febraury 3rd date and because sal said it he figured why not let me get some of the glory because sal is usually correct with things like this
    02-09-10 09:18 PM
    I'm not sure how legitimate this is, but this was on a sprint forum. I'm also not sure why he is referring to the 9650 as the "bold".

"I did speak to the CSR (Missy) in Texas and she assured me that the bold will be available in two days and I could order it today. At first she said that it was $250 w/ $100 rebate then she looked again and said it would be $150.00 w/ $100 rebate. I was elated but did not place my Order. I will give it a couple days. I figure if it will be in Texas Im pretty sure I will Get one here in my State. (Wayne )"

"FYI the call center taking orders for the 9650's was in Plano Texas. 214-778-1592 ask for "Missy"

Here's the link: BlackBerry Smart Phones:Tour OS 5.0
    02-09-10 10:03 PM
23,186 ... 7576777879 ...