I know waiting sucks, but what are all of you going to do when you go out and buy a phone in hopes to exchange it within 30 days, and the 9650 doesn't come out in that 30 day window? What then? I've been using a REALLY crappy phone (MOTORAZR V3) for a LONG time now and as anxious as I am for the 9650 to come out, I would never be willing to waste $300 total because I was impatient...
    02-09-10 11:06 AM
    I know waiting sucks, but what are all of you going to do when you go out and buy a phone in hopes to exchange it within 30 days, and the 9650 doesn't come out in that 30 day window? What then? I've been using a REALLY crappy phone (MOTORAZR V3) for a LONG time now and as anxious as I am for the 9650 to come out, I would never be willing to waste $300 total because I was impatient...
    Well if that happens hopefully they have enough posts to throw it on the CB marketplace and sell it there. Tons of people will buy a phone there so they don't have to upgrade their contract.
    02-09-10 11:08 AM
    Has anyone heard from Sauce or Sal lately?
    02-09-10 11:13 AM
    It is now another day of wait.

I wish I'd never heard about the tour 2, then I wouldn't even care about it's release. Not that I care...but I do come to this thread every single day to see if maybe (just maybe) there is some inkling of new information only to find that 'no, there isn't'. It saddens me. I am a sad panda with an outdated curve. /not sarcasm

Is life even worth living? /sarcasm.
    02-09-10 11:16 AM
    I'm sorry, but I believe you are incorrect. The RIM Press Release for the Storm 2 was released on Thursday, November 5, 2009. The Storm 2 was available in the VZW store on Friday, November 13, 2009. I am so sure about this because I ran to the VZW store on 41st and 6th Ave on my way home from work, dragging my husband with me, who bought it.

Therefore, based on this experience and looking at other Press Release dates on the RIM site, there's no way RIM will make a press release and VZW offer the phone 2 days later.
    have you checked those dates? because i saw october 26 press release stating it will be available for purchase the 28. I'm going to check it again if i'm wrong i apologize but there were other posters who said the same thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 11:19 AM
    I'm sorry, but I believe you are incorrect. The RIM Press Release for the Storm 2 was released on Thursday, November 5, 2009. The Storm 2 was available in the VZW store on Friday, November 13, 2009. I am so sure about this because I ran to the VZW store on 41st and 6th Ave on my way home from work, dragging my husband with me, who bought it.

Therefore, based on this experience and looking at other Press Release dates on the RIM site, there's no way RIM will make a press release and VZW offer the phone 2 days later.
    And i also know my dad purchased the storm 2 on my birthday which was november 3. I'm on my phone so i'm going to double check site.

02-09-10 11:22 AM
    sorry i keep posting on here but i'm on my phone and can't check the RIM press release site while i'm on here. Elusive you were thinking about the new curve. The press release came out november 5 and said it would be available for november 20. If you go down to october 26 There's a headline talking about a new storm for verizon and if you open the page it says available october 28. I wish i could post the link but my LG Dare won't allow me. Oh how i hate this phone. =P

02-09-10 11:29 AM
    i guess that means it does not look probable for a release within the next...hopefully verizon will at least make an announcement this week.
    02-09-10 12:37 PM
    SauceX please pick up the white courtesy phone.

crickets chirping...
    02-09-10 12:53 PM

^^ on that note. I don't think I want to WAIT another 30 days for this phone. Seriously considering giving in to the tour. I just worry about the track ball cause I have amazing luck at getting faulty electronics. lol
    02-09-10 12:57 PM
    Here's a sure fire way to know when it's coming out!
    When Will the 9650 Be Coming Out?
    02-09-10 01:12 PM
    I agree with you as well, it's just a phone. But I disagree that T2 will be released when VZW/Sprint want it to. It's not their decision. It's RIM's.
    no it is the carriers decision when the phone is released. That is why you see the same phone released on different days on different carriers.
    02-09-10 01:23 PM
    Ooop! You're right, I'm wrong. Hubby bought it that Friday. My apologies...I had the wrong month in mind.

So maybe there could be a 2 day window between press release and sale date, but again I doubt it with all the hype that's been generated about this phone.

Just going back in the press releases:
    -8530 (VZW) announced 11/5/09 and released 11/13/09
    -9700 (ATT) announced 10/21/09 and released 11/09
    -8520 (T-Mobile) announced 7/27/09 and released 8/09
    -Tour (VZW) announced 6/16/09 and released 7/09
    Again I say, regardless of what Sal or any other "reputable" sources may post, RIM's website will be the one to make the official announcement with a correct date. Rely on the facts people, not the rumors.
    Rim will NOT release a date
    02-09-10 01:26 PM
    Ooop! You're right, I'm wrong. Hubby bought it that Friday. My apologies...I had the wrong month in mind.

So maybe there could be a 2 day window between press release and sale date, but again I doubt it with all the hype that's been generated about this phone.

Just going back in the press releases:
    -8530 (VZW) announced 11/5/09 and released 11/13/09
    -9700 (ATT) announced 10/21/09 and released 11/09
    -8520 (T-Mobile) announced 7/27/09 and released 8/09
    -Tour (VZW) announced 6/16/09 and released 7/09

Again I say, regardless of what Sal or any other "reputable" sources may post, RIM's website will be the one to make the official announcement with a correct date. Rely on the facts people, not the rumors.
    You make a great point! I was only mentioning the storm 2 because it's an updated version of the storm just like the tour 2 is to the tour. If they follow the phones you posted then they better announce it now!! lol

02-09-10 01:50 PM
    As much as I want this T2, I'm settling down to wait 31 days after it release to know what coming afterwards. T1 owners little hearts were broken when T2 rumor surfaced, so will T2 owners. I will write T2 on my god forsaking 8830 and continue loving it
    02-09-10 01:55 PM
    As much as I want this T2, I'm settling down to wait 31 days after it release to know what coming afterwards. T1 owners little hearts were broken when T2 rumor surfaced, so will T2 owners. I will write T2 on my god forsaking 8830 and continue loving it
    That's because tour1 owners didn't do their homework. The tour2 was announced 2 days before the tour 1 was released

02-09-10 02:08 PM
    Rim will NOT release a date
    That is correct. Rim makes the devices and carriers release them.
    You will see a commercial or a spot on vzw or sprints page and after that is posted then it will become official on rims page.

02-09-10 02:14 PM
    That is correct. Rim makes the devices and carriers release them.
    You will see a commercial or a spot on vzw or sprints page and after that is posted then it will become official on rims page.

Or if you are a Sprint Premier customer, they will send you an email.
    02-09-10 02:17 PM
    Yeah a week after release. Lol

02-09-10 02:37 PM
    May I ask a question that is slightly off topic?

I am really tired of waiting and I am not sure if I really care about additional memory or the track pad. The only thing I like is the wi-fi. Can anyone tell me what the difference would be between using the wi-fi? Like what is the speed difference?

Thank you so much!
    02-09-10 02:46 PM

I am really tired of waiting and I am not sure if I really care about additional memory or the track pad. The only thing I like is the wi-fi. Can anyone tell me what the difference would be between using the wi-fi? Like what is the speed difference?

Thank you so much!
    I owned a Bold 9700 and a Droid and I never use wifi. I stick with the 3G and I don't notice much of a speed difference... WiFi isn't worth it to me for turning it on, turning it off, and wasting battery. But I know some people swear by it.
    02-09-10 02:48 PM

Thank you so much!
    Having wi-fi is a must for me now. I will never buy a phone lacking wi-fi again. In the building where i work at, its hard to get a signal with any carrier even with ATT and we have ATT towers by our building. My Sprint Curve has no signal in most places in the building. Having wi-fi allows me to still use UberTwitter, BBM, send/receive e-mails, and do a host of other things. The speed difference all depends on the speed of the wi-fi and the speed of the processor. The Bold having the fastest processor of the current BB's moves pretty rapidly on wi-fi.(We run a 1gbps network). It is definitely one amenity that is worth having.
    02-09-10 02:51 PM
    Everybody just needs to chill. The phone will be here when it gets here. Rants about it being released won't make RIM move any faster. Look at it this way, with them taking longer on the release date, that means they are working out any remaining bugs so that this phone will truly be what the Tour1 should have been.
    02-09-10 02:53 PM
    I just hope they don't rush them out and the crooked trackpad is installed. That would bring my OCD to a whole new level.
    02-09-10 02:56 PM
    That's true. I'd rather it be released later then have the trackpad issues the 9700 had. I had to return mine 2 times because of wobbly and leaning trackpads.
    02-09-10 02:56 PM
23,186 ... 7475767778 ...