Yeah I'm sure the insults will come piling in for the predictions being wrong but hey if they are just a few days off or a week or 2 thats still pretty damn good and I give them all the credit in the world.
    02-08-10 07:50 PM
    It does not look like there is much of a chance for a wednesday release, but I still think the end of the month for Verizon and the beginning of March for Sprint is looking pretty good.
    02-08-10 07:52 PM
    Yeah I'm sure the insults will come piling in for the predictions being wrong but hey if they are just a few days off or a week or 2 thats still pretty damn good and I give them all the credit in the world.
    You can bet your arse on that one, everybody that is getting info from the inside is putting their name on the line by making that info public especially if they have a lot of creditability like salmondrin. I may also point out that several well known Berry sites trusted Sals name and posted the Feb 3rd date range as well.
    02-08-10 07:56 PM
    Well looks like SauceX and Sal were wrong. No way the Tour 2 is getting released on Wednesday with no announcement taking place today.
    Try waiting until Wednesday until you make that accusation.

Besides, On Sprint, releases are typically on Sundays, Special launches occur Friday/Saturday mornings.
    02-08-10 08:02 PM
    I agree NM08SRT8
    02-08-10 08:05 PM
    Yeah, I think the Tour 2 release will be a quiet one.
    02-08-10 08:06 PM
    Yeah, I think the Tour 2 release will be a quiet one.
    Hardly a whisper
    02-08-10 08:13 PM
    i just had a thought...i wonder if they are waiting for the VIP Customer program to expire before releasing it...i believe it expires on 28Feb
    02-08-10 08:38 PM
    again...the latest sal said was that there was a delay to clear out more tour 1 stock. you guys need to check your facts before you slander people.
    02-08-10 08:39 PM
    again...the latest sal said was that there was a delay to clear out more tour 1 stock. you guys need to check your facts before you slander people.
    Thanks. I hadn't heard anything yet. I couldn't take the wait and got a Tour from craigslist so I've been busy And honestly, I'm not sure if I need the 9650 anymore.
    02-08-10 08:43 PM
    Thanks. I hadn't heard anything yet. I couldn't take the wait and got a Tour from craigslist so I've been busy And honestly, I'm not sure if I need the 9650 anymore.
    I also jumped the gun and ordered a Tour online today. If the T2 comes out within a month, I'll return it.
    02-08-10 09:20 PM

Besides, On Sprint, releases are typically on Sundays, Special launches occur Friday/Saturday mornings.
    They said that it would be released on the 3rd +/- a week. There is NO WAY that VZW is going to release the Tour 2 on Wednesday if it wasn't even announced today. Phones don't just get released out of the blue. They appear on Testman and there are official announcements ahead of the release. Not saying that Sal doesn't have credibility because he definitely does. But it looks like he was wrong this time around. SauceX's credibility, on the other hand, is pretty questionable at this point.
    02-08-10 09:21 PM
    They said that it would be released on the 3rd +/- a week. There is NO WAY that VZW is going to release the Tour 2 on Wednesday if it wasn't even announced today. Phones don't just get released out of the blue. They appear on Testman and there are official announcements ahead of the release. Not saying that Sal doesn't have credibility because he definitely does. But it looks like he was wrong this time around. SauceX's credibility, on the other hand, is pretty questionable at this point.
    I never questioned whoever Sal is. But SauceX has been moving the goalposts pretty early on.

And somebody should look up the meaning of slander.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 09:28 PM
    We all know he meant libel.
    02-08-10 09:35 PM
    I never questioned whoever Sal is. But SauceX has been moving the goalposts pretty early on.

And somebody should look up the meaning of slander.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Where is the slander in the statement you are talking about?

Here is your definition

slander n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit. Damages (payoff for worth) for slander may be limited to actual (special) damages unless there is malicious intent, since such damages are usually difficult to specify and harder to prove. Some statements such as an untrue accusation of having committed a crime, having a loathsome disease, or being unable to perform one's occupation are treated as slander per se since the harm and malice are obvious, and therefore usually result in general and even punitive damage recovery by the person harmed. Words spoken over the air on television or radio are treated as libel (written defamation) and not slander on the theory that broadcasting reaches a large audience as much if not more than printed publications

For it to be slander it would have to be oral, Written words are considered libel. And for it to be either slander or libel there would have to be some sort of punitive damagaes. I highly doubt that having your crackberry forum rep hurt can amount to any punitive damages as it does not affect any sort of income or occupation.
    02-08-10 09:39 PM
    Saying that they are wrong about a date would not be malicious either. Thus it would not be libel. If they are indeed wrong about a date it would then become a "truth"
    02-08-10 09:41 PM
    I just find it odd that SauceX is nowhere to be seen. I would never question Sal's credibility as he has come through plenty of times. He can only pass on the info that he has and his source could have been wrong, or the release could simply have been pushed back because of OS problems or too much Tour stock. SauceX, however, didn't say February 3rd until after Sal tweeted about it and is now nowhere to be seen. Not saying that he made his stuff up, but something about it seems very strange.
    02-08-10 10:14 PM
    I know somebody posted earlier in this thread or another. They were showing the logic behind Sal and SauceX being the same individual. They did a breakdown of what the words mean and so on. It was kinda interesting. So there is a possibility that SauceX=Salamondrin. Just another possibility for us to get our mind off of the T2.

I know I am waiting until tomorrow or Wednesday, then I will take the risk by buying the the T1
    02-08-10 10:20 PM
    And it has been said before that that is the most logical reason for a delay.
    02-08-10 10:50 PM
    Ranger - providing that definition of slander was hilarious. Nice work.
    02-08-10 10:58 PM
    Well I figured since he suggested to look it up I would point him torwards a more suitable, but still not applicable legal term
    02-08-10 11:17 PM
    the danger of picking a name rangerssuck is being called ranger. i bet that cant feel good.
    02-08-10 11:19 PM
    No, that hurt a bit. Although today my screen name should say Devils are playing like a bunch of 3 year olds. lol
    02-08-10 11:21 PM
    dont get me started on hockey, theyre going to pull this thread apart!
    02-08-10 11:26 PM
    lol, Who are you a fan of. Hopefully not the rangers, or flyers
    02-08-10 11:30 PM
23,186 ... 7273747576 ...