How long will AT&T support the CDMA users? You may find yourself an orphan, lol.

Reminds me of years ago getting a personal phone call from Verizon(or who ever the name was back then), telling me i MUST get a new digital phone, as analog was going away soon, lol.

While this may seem off-topic, just curious if upgrading to a new CDMA phone will be a good idea of AT&T plans on taking over.
    Yes, Terryb99! You are right! I think eventually we "divested to At&ts" bb-users will have to change phones relatively soon anyway. Thus I am making a somewhat painful decision to perhaps just go with the Tour now as opposed to wait for the Tour2 since my days are likely limited anyway (and I am tired of my fossilized Razr! Lol!)(I do tinker with the Curve with trackpad idea also...I have no love of trackballs.). See my crisis? Feel my pain? ha.
    02-08-10 02:14 PM
    So I had a question about how forum etiquette works at this site... if i asked a question a few pages back that wasn't answered and was absorbed by endless bickering about who is reliable, who isn't, and who is going to be burned at the stake next would it be considered rude for me to re-ask my question? My attempt here to not be annoying is probably going to be annoying, but oh well.
    Nope ask away, you can't be any more annoying than half of these idiots rambling on.

I find it absolutely hilarious that the mods let these threads carry on with the non-useful garbage and bickering in them, but I've got "warned" by PM one time for telling someone to search, because they asked a question already answered 122842 times. I swear the mods love a messy forum.
    02-08-10 02:22 PM
    So I had a question about how forum etiquette works at this site... if i asked a question a few pages back that wasn't answered and was absorbed by endless bickering about who is reliable, who isn't, and who is going to be burned at the stake next would it be considered rude for me to re-ask my question? My attempt here to not be annoying is probably going to be annoying, but oh well.
    Reask your question...

What was it?

PS... It happens all the time, I've asked, even started threads with questions that just get hijacked into some other stuff.
    02-08-10 02:24 PM
    Reask your question...

What was it?

PS... It happens all the time, I've asked, even started threads with questions that just get hijacked into some other stuff.
    Haha ok thanks...

I was just wondering if as someone who wants a tour 1 (despite its trackball issues) if it would be worth waiting for the tour 2 to come out in case there is a major price cut of some sort, or if that's not how it works with blackberrys? I'd assume those who followed the storm 1 and 2 releases might have some insight?
    02-08-10 02:35 PM
    Haha ok thanks...

I was just wondering if as someone who wants a tour 1 (despite its trackball issues) if it would be worth waiting for the tour 2 to come out in case there is a major price cut of some sort, or if that's not how it works with blackberrys? I'd assume those who followed the storm 1 and 2 releases might have some insight?
    I'd get it now. The tour 1 is a great phone. The only reason why I am not getting it (i dont use WiFi) is because I originally had a Bold 9700 and so now I'm spoiled with the trackpad, and I can't go back to the trackball! :P
    02-08-10 02:41 PM
    Haha ok thanks...

To answer your question, yes there will more than likely be a price cut. Most providers do that. Although the Tour2 is better, if you don't need the WiFi, trackpad or want the extra memory, then why bother to get it. I'm not going to guarentee you that there will be one, but if you wait a little while after it drops, you'll probably be able to get the discounted Tour1 or find someone who is willing to give theirs up for cheap.
    02-08-10 02:43 PM
    To answer your question, yes there will more than likely be a price cut. Most providers do that. Although the Tour2 is better, if you don't need the WiFi, trackpad or want the extra memory, then why bother to get it. I'm not going to guarentee you that there will be one, but if you wait a little while after it drops, you'll probably be able to get the discounted Tour1 or find someone who is willing to give theirs up for cheap.
    Alright thanks for the answer and the advice from everyone else. I guess I will give it a few more days (end of the week) and if there's no breaking news by then I will go out and get my 9630!
    02-08-10 03:31 PM
    I'd get it now. The tour 1 is a great phone. The only reason why I am not getting it (i dont use WiFi) is because I originally had a Bold 9700 and so now I'm spoiled with the trackpad, and I can't go back to the trackball! :P
    I hear ya with the 9700! Awesome device and since I left AT&T for Verizon (service issues), I feel like I went back in time using the ball again.
    02-08-10 03:41 PM
    i don't know about sauce...but sal is usually spot on...and he is out of the country making a movie i believe. he also said it was delayed so they could clear out inventory of the tour 1. it is not rocket science.

patience young jedi's.
    02-08-10 03:46 PM
    If Sal is an avid BB user, don't you think he would have access to this site and/or email? Just because he's in Mexico doesn't mean he's absolutely cut off from the rest of the world. This is just an excuse...
    He is there for personal issues, he also normally posts 5+ tweets a day jobs related and such, he has not been doing that either. Don't make it into a conspiracy theory and get the flamers out so this thread does not get closed as the others are. RELAX PEOPLE!!!!
    02-08-10 04:23 PM
    Can anyone provide a thread or website on tips for getting a good deal on a new BB. Surely I want the T2 the day it comes out but I also want to be able to get a good deal on it.
    02-08-10 04:38 PM
    Here is a question I have not seen asked:

The reason for Verizon not releasing the Tour2 (yet) is to clear out old Tour inventory. Fine, that makes sense to me. But where does that leave Sprint? I know all along it has been discussed that Sprint would release after Verizon but the discussion was usually in the couple of days maybe a week range. It would seem to me the longer Verizon waits, the greater the likelihood Sprint will beat Verizon to market with the Tour2. How likely is that to happen? I can't imagine RIM's deal with Sprint is Sprint releases, say, a week after Verizon and that's a week after Verizon finally decides the time is right for Verizon. Or can it? I have to believe RIM is obligated to deliver Tour2s to Sprint on X date and Sprint is planning a Y date release based on that and its not in a wait and see what Verizon does situation.

Thoughts?
    02-08-10 04:39 PM
    I still don't buy the excuse of Verizon is trying to "clear the Tour inventory". This doesn't make any sense - Verizon (and Sprint for that matter) is going to continue to sell the Tour long after the Tour 2 is released. Why would they hold an upcoming phone release to clear inventory? It's not like RIM is going to stop manufactoring the Tour any time soon.

Just not logical.
    02-08-10 05:00 PM
    Can anyone provide a thread or website on tips for getting a good deal on a new BB. Surely I want the T2 the day it comes out but I also want to be able to get a good deal on it.
    Are you a new customer to Sprint or Verizon?
    02-08-10 05:01 PM
    With sprint for 3 yrs contract ended 1 year ago have a family plan 2 lines 550 mins no data with unlmt txt i pay $71 a month(have a %25 dscnt) i will get a T2 other line will keep a Rant
    02-08-10 05:08 PM
    I still don't buy the excuse of Verizon is trying to "clear the Tour inventory". This doesn't make any sense - Verizon (and Sprint for that matter) is going to continue to sell the Tour long after the Tour 2 is released. Why would they hold an upcoming phone release to clear inventory? It's not like RIM is going to stop manufactoring the Tour any time soon.

Just not logical.
    Its a lame excuse at best but not entirely illogical. I have no doubt that, given the option between a Tour or a Tour2, most people would choose the Tour2. Whatever the Tour's sales volume is right now, it will drop after the release of the Tour2.
    02-08-10 05:09 PM
    First, I just want to thank everyone for their goofy, hilarious posts over the weekend. You have made my horrible Monday afternoon a better one.

I just want to point out that RIM's Press Release site *STILL* has no mention of a release date for T2 yet. Therefore, you really shouldn't expect it to be released this Wednesday no matter what rumors you have heard from supposed reputable sources. Really, all this talk of a Wednesday release date or a Valentine's Day release date is moot because RIM's site has nothing on it.

Don't trust these supposed reputable sources, trust the hard facts from the manufacturer...
    i posted a while ago that the storm2 was on that press release page two days before being released so it can still be announced for valentines day. but i'm guessing it won't be out wednesday since it's two days away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 05:12 PM
    With sprint for 3 yrs contract ended 1 year ago have a family plan 2 lines 550 mins no data with unlmt txt i pay $71 a month(have a %25 dscnt) i will get a T2 other line will keep a Rant
    You should be able to get the upgrade pricing.......all speculation at this point as far as pricing goes. Wal-Mart and other sites (LetsTalk, etc) may carry it at a lower price than at the retail store.
    02-08-10 05:22 PM
    This is my first crackberry post but ive been following forums for quite some time now, especially since i heard of the release of the tour 2. anyways staying on topic here. Why dont people believe Travis (sauceX) he stated that he was a verizon official and his date (feb 3rd +/- 7 days) was backed up by Sal who has proved himself as a reliable source. I say we should give him the benefit of the doubt and go with what he says. If it isnt released by the 10th (wednesday) it was probly delayed verizon due to the fact that they still have a large amount of T1s in stock.

I read a article a couple weeks ago which stated that verizon lost a large sum of money in the last year, as a result they are most likely trying to get rid of the tours which are in stock. for those who compare the T1 and T2 to the storm 1 and storm 2 they are very different. though the storm 1 was not perfect it was still user friendly, the main issue was the issue of texting, and texting isnt even that big of a deal for some people (it is just very difficult and slow compared to other touch screens like the itouch since there is only one button in the middle which clicks) ive used both the storm 1 (with os 5.0) and storm 2 and its the main difference is texting, im sure there are a few things here and there that i didnt notice since i dont own either of these phones. anyways the trackpad is an excellent addition to the blackberry and is a thousand times better than trackballs. im dealing with a trackball issue on my curve 8330 and it is very difficult to opperate without a working trackball. As a result verizon most likely moved the release date back inorder to sell the tours which are left since once the essex comes out it will basically be obsolete. so basically i feel this whole delay is to have people give in to the tour instead of waiting for the essex and as a result they would either have to return it (paying a 30 dollar restock fee) or having to buy the essex full price, these both lead to verizon making money
    02-08-10 06:46 PM
    Hmm... wouldn't there be a decrease in the price of a Tour once the Tour2 is released (so to move along the product).....or do they think that everyone values the trackpad enough to pay that extra price and the Tour won't sell regardless?
    02-08-10 07:21 PM
    Well looks like SauceX and Sal were wrong. No way the Tour 2 is getting released on Wednesday with no announcement taking place today.
    02-08-10 07:23 PM
    I figure, thats the only way the phone would sell but that would result in verizon losing money since the phone would be worth less. i feel that they are trying to keep the tour price up by keeping the tour 2 from being released. thats the reason for delaying it. because once the t2 is released the tour wont sell unless they price is dropped
    02-08-10 07:25 PM
    I think there will be enough of a price difference between the 9630 and the 9650 to incent those that don't mind having a trackball and don't need WIFI to buy the 9630 and save money.
    02-08-10 07:44 PM
    Well looks like SauceX and Sal were wrong. No way the Tour 2 is getting released on Wednesday with no announcement taking place today.
    It still remains to be seen I guess. If an announcement comes on or before Wednesday, it wont count as being wrong.

One thing's for sure. If it doesnt happen on or before Wednesday, plan to read on these forums: "Well folks, the original date WAS the 3rd, +/- 7 days, but something happened and it was changed."
    Whether its true or not, I dont know. It probably is! But either way, mark em. Thats what will be posted.
    02-08-10 07:46 PM
    While this may be true. We do have some hope for a possible accurate release date. In one of the threads that was closed for some unapparent reason, cause it was the only thread where there was no arguing. A guy stated that he did conform that Feb 3rd was the actual release date but something delayed it, now I don't want make any judgement to his creditability because he is just as anyone else they must prove themselves, he said he had a connection within Verizon and he was trying to find out some details of the delay and the new date. Which guess its still possible to see it this week and go along the lines of what the other said, at least if it don't maybe we can get a new date to wait on. Also the other day if was said that we should expect 9630 owners to get their 5.0 os update on the 8th, that would be a major stride towards the release of the 9650, at least we think.
    02-08-10 07:49 PM
23,186 ... 7172737475 ...