Right.....
    02-08-10 08:59 AM
    Right.....
    Gotta stick with who has been right in the past.
    02-08-10 09:02 AM
    OS 5.0....relax. We will call BS when his time is up. The trusted time frame came from Sal and he said Feb 3rd possible week delay, he is who everybody is betting on because he has been right a lot before with good sources plus having a 9650. But he is been out of the country for the last 2 weeks.
    Sal is indeed out of the country...
    Last edited by Mistik1973; 02-08-10 at 09:53 AM.
    02-08-10 09:19 AM
    i think it was sal who also said the delay was to clear out more tour 1's.
    02-08-10 10:06 AM
    I think Sal knows his stuff, and was only predicting when the Tour 2 would be available.

Sal could not have known 2 months ago what Verizon's Tour 1 inventory would be in Early February.

The Tour 2's are probably all boxed up and ready to ship, they're just waiting to unload a boatload of the older models first.
    02-08-10 10:19 AM
    So no superbowl commercial.. but at least the saints won... and now I have a headache the size of Texas.... Thank you Bourbon St.
    02-08-10 10:24 AM
    Still think we are in the timeframe which SauceX suggested.

Where's SauceX? I've been lurking and laughing at this thread. He's obviously a fraud, click on his name and look at his posts and the trend.

1-8: "wouldn't be surprised if on shelves by 1/30 or first week of Feb seems reasonable"

1-8: VZW ownrs should target last week of January of first week of February

1-10: "first week of February is definite"

1-16: He challenges the doubters to show their faces in this forum on February 3 or will they pull the classic AWOL move? (that's a pretty confident and bold statement to make)

1-20: Moves off his confidence in February 3 and now says first week of February.

1-24: Says that we should all watch for a "trend" during the NFL Playoff games today. What trend? Many asked, he never answered. Speaking of AWOL.

2-1: Starts to hedge...Says first week of February, give or take a day.

2-1: Same day he comes back and says "February 3rd, +/- 7 days.

What next SauceX? Mid February +/- a month?
    02-08-10 10:57 AM
    Still think we are in the timeframe which SauceX suggested.

I ve already bought my 9700. Comparing looks, the 9700 > tour2

02-08-10 11:02 AM
    Where's SauceX? I've been lurking and laughing at this thread. He's obviously a fraud, click on his name and look at his posts and the trend.

1-8: "wouldn't be surprised if on shelves by 1/30 or first week of Feb seems reasonable"

1-16: He challenges the doubters to show their faces in this forum on February 3 or will they pull the classic AWOL move? (that's a pretty confident and bold statement to make)

1-20: Moves off his confidence in February 3 and now says first week of February.

1-24: Says that we should all watch for a "trend" during the NFL Playoff games today. What trend? Many asked, he never answered. Speaking of AWOL.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to call someone a fraud, unless you are looking in the mirror.
    02-08-10 11:03 AM
    Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to call someone a fraud, unless you are looking in the mirror.
    I dont think he was quick. According to the post, this faud guy has been spreading his claims for more than 2 months already.
    02-08-10 11:08 AM
    I dont think he was quick. According to the post, this faud guy has been spreading his claims for more than 2 months already.
    That doesn't make him a fraud. Travis always cautioned that it could be +/- one week.
    02-08-10 11:13 AM

let his time run up then we will talk but untill then lets keep up our hope
    02-08-10 11:43 AM
    That doesn't make him a fraud. Travis always cautioned that it could be +/- one week.
    If Travis = SauceX then no, he hasn't always said +/- one week. What I listed in my post are his words from his postings. You see consistency in what he's been saying?
    02-08-10 11:55 AM
    If Travis = SauceX then no, he hasn't always said +/- one week. What I listed in my post are his words from his postings. You see consistency in what he's been saying?
    I do agree his posts do not show consistency, but they do mirror what sal said...he said feb 3rd and then +/- a week. So that dosent mean that they are wrong
    02-08-10 12:01 PM
    I do agree his posts do not show consistency, but they do mirror what sal said...he said feb 3rd and then +/- a week. So that dosent mean that they are wrong
    Exactly. He hasn't really SAID anything, just repeated what Sal said.

I have yet to see him post anything that makes me believe he knows more than anyone else in this thread.
    02-08-10 12:56 PM
    Not that they owe us anything, (obviously) but why wouldn't they just pop in and give us an update?

Nobody here is allowed to question anything they've said without getting flamed, so why not?
    Put the skeptics to rest, no?
    02-08-10 01:03 PM
    Still they are a reliable source :-)

Not that they owe us anything, (obviously) but why wouldn't they just pop in and give us an update?

Nobody here is allowed to question anything they've said without getting flamed, so why not?
    Put the skeptics to rest, no?
    02-08-10 01:27 PM
    Funny stuff here...

I was on the phone with VZW Corporate getting some stuff in my corporate account changed. I was BSing with the rep and, since I'm from NY, I talk a little fast so I slid in there, "So tell me when the Tour2 is getting released?" The rep goes, "Feb... Wait, you almost got me there, I can't disclose that information to you, I'm sorry."
    02-08-10 01:47 PM
    "Feb... Wait, you almost got me there, I can't disclose that information to you, I'm sorry."
    son of a duck! keep trying, someone's going to get fatigued and give in!
    02-08-10 01:48 PM
    son of a duck! keep trying, someone's going to get fatigued and give in!
    I know. I have to call back in a bit for some other stuff so we'll see. There is another contact I can use that's very high up, but I'm not sure that I want to do that.
    02-08-10 01:49 PM
    I just can't help but get the feeling that anyone that comes in here and states an arbitrary release date with any confidence, is lauded as a "source" that is to be trusted and exempt from any kind of doubt. This "SauceX" guy seems to have revised his predictions many times, kinda like those doomsday cults that keep pushing the day of Armageddon back every time their prediction is found to be untrue. These guys just dump a supposed release date in a thread and watch us as we salute them, while we tear each other to shreds like so many piranhas. If these guys were the supposed "insiders" they are supposed to be, why don't they do more than just throw a release date at us, why can't they tell us a little bit more about where they get their info? I may come off as a bit of a troll in this post, but I am hoping that the Tour 2 comes out by Wednesday like everyone else, and I am prepared to have a nice slice of humble pie if SauceX's prediction is proven to be true.
    02-08-10 01:52 PM
    Didn't Verizon absorb alltell?? And if thats the case your in the same boat as your verizon brethren in February hopefully.
    Hi Burg727,
    Verizon did absorb alltel but due to monopoly concerns, Verizon had to divest certain areas...including my area! Thus I am Alltel (At&t supposedly will "absorb" us later this year!). So up for a new phone...and with my unusual situation, it is confusing what to do. I did note that Alltel got the Tour in August 2009...about five weeks after the Verizon release of Tour? (I think?) I wonder if the Tour2 will come to Alltel at all or five or so weeks after its Verizon brethrens receive their Tour2s...whenever that may be?
    My guess is that Sal was correct when he made the Feb 3 (+- week) statement...but likely "some unexpected issue" came up since his statement...so while Sal is in Mexico...we agonize with the unknown.
    02-08-10 01:57 PM
    So I had a question about how forum etiquette works at this site... if i asked a question a few pages back that wasn't answered and was absorbed by endless bickering about who is reliable, who isn't, and who is going to be burned at the stake next would it be considered rude for me to re-ask my question? My attempt here to not be annoying is probably going to be annoying, but oh well.
    02-08-10 02:00 PM
    Hi Burg727,
    Thus I am Alltel (At&t supposedly will "absorb" us later this year!). So up for a new phone...and with my unusual situation, it is confusing what to do. I did note that Alltel got the Tour in August 2009...about five weeks after the Verizon release of Tour? (I think?) I wonder if the Tour2 will come to Alltel at all or five or so weeks after its Verizon brethrens receive their
    How long will AT&T support the CDMA users? You may find yourself an orphan, lol.

Reminds me of years ago getting a personal phone call from Verizon(or who ever the name was back then), telling me i MUST get a new digital phone, as analog was going away soon, lol.

While this may seem off-topic, just curious if upgrading to a new CDMA phone will be a good idea of AT&T plans on taking over.
    Last edited by terryb99; 02-08-10 at 02:07 PM.
    02-08-10 02:03 PM
    So I had a question about how forum etiquette works at this site... if i asked a question a few pages back that wasn't answered and was absorbed by endless bickering about who is reliable, who isn't, and who is going to be burned at the stake next would it be considered rude for me to re-ask my question? My attempt here to not be annoying is probably going to be annoying, but oh well.
    This activity seems to be in this forum. I have been a user, but not a big poster for awhile. The 8830 forum has been awesome for help and advice.

This forum on the other hand, is filled with worthless drivel. Your questions got lost in it, just as you said. I try to wade thru the crap, hoping some REAL info will come out.
    Last edited by terryb99; 02-08-10 at 02:07 PM.
    02-08-10 02:05 PM
23,186 ... 7071727374 ...