I get an internal server error from that link.
    i get the same thing
    02-04-10 11:08 PM
    testman is up for me and no Tour 2.

assuming I have the correct testman site..
    http://testman.verizonwireless.com/b2c/index.html
    02-04-10 11:56 PM
    8830 is no longer on the testman.
    02-04-10 11:56 PM
    8830 is no longer on the testman.
    lol its not on their regular site either.
    02-04-10 11:57 PM
    lol its not on their regular site either.
    its about time. haha
    02-05-10 12:00 AM
    i think sal they are pushing the tour 1 a little more to clear out stock and that it may be next week now.
    02-05-10 06:53 AM
    Welcome to crackberry elusive! Sadly I tend to agree with you on the dropping of the T2.
    02-05-10 08:45 AM
    Correct me If I am wrong, but have we heard from Sal or Saucex in ages? It's extremely odd that they have totally dissapeared when Sal, has always been keeping up with us in these forums. Not to beat a dead horse or Pony, but what is up with that?

I am losing my patience as my Curve is about to blow up. I am not sure I cant wait another month for this phone. I would be all for getting the T1 right now and being VIP exchange it without the restocking fee, but If we are 30+ days out, its not worth the risk. UGH.
    02-05-10 08:53 AM
    If you look through the blackberry press releases they never announced that it would be released on verizon, unless i am missing it. The first announcement for it was for Vodafone
    02-05-10 09:03 AM
    I hope I see a commercial for it on the Super Bowl cuz my Saints are gonna win! WHO DAT! WHO DAT! WHO DAT sayin gonna beat them SAINTS!!!! BLACK AND GOLD SUPER BOWL!!
    02-05-10 09:09 AM
    I was just reading a thread in the 9630 forum and I came across this post from forum member, Richard1864, regarding a Tour 5.0 build:

It will be released in the near future by both Sprint and VZW. According to both companies, the .419 build has some issues they still want resolved before they release it. Some of those issues include, but are not limited to:

- battery drains 15-20% FASTER than it did on 4.x builds.
    - connection issues due to incorrect/missing digital certificates
    - connection issues due to Sprint and VZW using 256 bit encryption on their world phones vs 128 bit encryption used on non-world phones.
    - wireless update problems

These are just some of the issues the two carriers are working on, but I think they are getting close to release. I am not sure what their current build numbers are but I believe is is a .5xx number now, and not a .419 build.
    I don't know where he's getting his info, but can anyone else confirm this? If Sprint and Verizon do have problems with the current 5.0 builds, that is without a doubt what's holding up the T2 release. There is no way in **** they'd ever release the T2 without the 5.0 software; so if they don't have a good 5.0 build, we don't have a phone. My thinking is that both carriers have release a 5.0 build on the Curve 8530, but the issue with the Tour build may very well have to do with its world phone capabilities.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 09:25 AM
    If you look through the blackberry press releases they never announced that it would be released on verizon, unless i am missing it. The first announcement for it was for Vodafone
    Vodafone ownes 45% of Verizon.
    02-05-10 09:28 AM
    The press release was specific to releasing the phone in the UK
    02-05-10 09:37 AM
    Actually they do have a release for the Storm 2 on Verizon on the press release website, it was dated the oct. 26th with the launch date set as the 30th. Hopefully they will announce something soon. Im getting sick of my S1
    02-05-10 09:42 AM
    I'm a newbie to the site, but I've been reading this thread since the beginning. I don't think anyone has mentioned this before, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from this site I've also been checking RIM's Press Release page BlackBerry - Press Releases. I've noticed a trend in that the press release on the release of a new model is announced about two weeks before the release date. I check this website every day (while crossing my fingers and praying really hard) but still no press release about the T2. So to my dismay, I don't believe the Verizon release date for the T2 will be this week or next. Regardless of what Sal or anyone else claims, I think RIM's Press Release site is the most credible. But then again, RIM/Verizon could surprise us all.

On another note, I want to thank everyone for the info they have provided in this thread. You have given me a lot of insight, helped answer all of my questions, and provided valuable entertainment while sitting at my desk bored out of my mind with pushing paper and crunching numbers.
    The difference here is that the Tour1 was released only a few months ago and they don't want to hurt the sale of a somewhat new phone by announcing an even newer phone 2 weeks before its released. They will most likely keep it quiet until a day or two before its going to be released to keep from hurting sales of the Tour1. The worst case scenario is that people who bought the Tour1 will now pay an extra $35 restocking fee for the new Tour2. It may be wrong of them to do this, but it makes perfect sense from a money making stand point.
    02-05-10 09:50 AM
    Let me start off by saying that I am as eagerly awaiting the Tour 2 as anyone else. My VZW contract expired months ago and I've been waiting for this phone.

But I've also been laughing hysterically. Some of the people on this board are acting like religious fanatics when it comes to the Tour 2. They want it so badly, they only believe those who tell them what they want to hear, and attack those who might question it.

Two people have come to the board claiming inside knowledge of when the phone is coming out. The first has never really posted before but because he claims to be an expert, and says what people want to hear, is correct. The other has gotten some things right in the past, so he must be right. Both seem to be silent lately.

Next comes interpretation. Every move Verizon or RIM makes on anything must have something to do with the Tour 2 coming out. VZW has lowered the price of the Tour--that must mean the Tour 2 is coming out. VZW shows the Tour out of stock in some areas--that must mean the Tour 2 is coming out. It was announced today that VZW is not getting the iphone in 2010--that must mean the Tour 2 is coming out this week.

I remember before the Ipad came out last week, the rumors were rampant on what it was, what it would cost, and who would get it. And all the rumors were wrong. And remember all the rumors around Verizon's big announcement to Store Managers--well that must be the Tour 2. (Nope.)

As was stated in another thread, look for a press release prior to the phone being available. Look for other mentions outside of Crackberry. Yes, there was a mention of it on Facebook but it was taken off quickly. Why take it off quickly if they're announcing it? Because it was probably put on in error.

While I know I'm going to be slammed for this posting because I'm not preaching what people want to hear, there really isn't much we can do except wait.

And if it does come out this week, well, I'll be just as happy as the rest. But I'm also going to wait a few days to hear about any glitches with the new phone. After all, it seems there are always some glitches.
    02-05-10 09:58 AM
    The Tour was released in July of 2009. That's seven months ago.
    02-05-10 10:16 AM
    1. The T1 was not released a few months ago, it was released in early 2009.
    2. The release of the T2 will not hurt revenue as much as you believe because:
    a. revenue has been generated for about a year now on T1 resulting in major profits, not loses;
    b. the initial stock of T1's that was produced has been bought, and what is left are subsequent batches produced after the fact. From what I understand (take it or leave it, your choice), RIM stopped making the T1 about 8 months ago; and,
    c. most major corporations either bought for their employees, or suggested/preferred their employees buy the T1 for "smart phone" uniformity company wide.
    3. Verizon will not offer the T2 without a legitimate press release from RIM first, and based on hard fact evidence and time line trends via RIM's website it does not appear the T2 will be offered +/- 2 days post press release.
    4. If you feel the T2 is so important that it would be treated with a higher authority than all other BB's by both RIM and Verizon (or any other carrier world-wide for that matter), you are definitely putting the T2 on a pedestal that both RIM and Verizon probably don't feel it should be put on.

The reality is P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E!! All good things come to those who wait.
    1) The Tour1 was NOT released in "Early 2009".
    2) I never said it would hurt their profits to release the Tour2, I said it would hurt them to announce it a couple weeks before releasing it.
    3) Rim wants to sell their Tour1s as much as VZW does. This is why I think there will not be much time between the initial announcement and the release
    4) I don't think the T2 is being treated with higher authority than other BBs, I just think that VZW and RIM are trying to make sure not to halt the sales of a phone that is currently selling pretty well (Tour1) until they are ready to release the new phone.

I'm not saying anything about when the Tour2 will be announced or released, I just don't think there will be much time between the announcement and the release, whether it be tomorrow or in May.
    02-05-10 10:43 AM
    BlackBerry has yet to officially announce it�s newest addition to the CDMA family the 9650, but my buddy Michael Lawson posted a link last night on his twitter account for the Visual Voicemail download from Verizon for the 9650.

The link address does resolve to the .jad file for Verizon�s Visual Voice mail, http://mobile.vzw.com/download/vvm/B...vmail_9650.jad . Does this mean the Tour 2 could be announced/relased soon? It could be nothing, seeing that we don�t know how long this link has been live, but, Verizon does have a habit of holding things close until immediatley before launch. We will definitely be keeping our ears to the ground for this one!
    Source: 9650 Release Imminent | BerryScoop
    02-05-10 10:49 AM
    I have been waiting patiently and doing my "due dilligence" trying to gather info just like everyone and I started to feel like I was going insane! I have two things to say, and here is my famous " take it for what its worth statement", My Best Buy friend showed me thier system yesterday and they have 2 devices that are to hit the shelves on Feb 28th! He reitterated that often they get to sell devices 2 weeks after thier release and the encoded price point looked to be $549, so ""take that for what it is worth." The second thing i would like to share (and remember this is helping me deal with the anxiety of the release and the constant checking these post everytime something new pops up and I am let down) I have become obsessed with making my current phone as fast and efficient as possible while learning a lot about how these things work and how to tweek them so they are "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" (you know what I mean). There is a fairly new site that has great tutorials and "how to"...'s and the people there are friendly and helpful. they have all the pertinant leaked OS, but also have introduced me to tweeking my 9550 and 9630 with hybrid java builds. I used to just disregard them but to tell you the truth my phone now blows any leaked OS around!!! Faster browser better battery life etc... so check out driphter.com and take your mind off of the 9650 for a minute, it will still come out even if you are not obssessing over it every minute like I was. Dont get me wrong I still activly check CB for info, just not every couple of hours like I used too! instead I have replaced some of my obsession with making the last days with my current phone fun by making it better! C'MON T2
    Last edited by tenyrnote; 02-05-10 at 10:52 AM.
    02-05-10 10:50 AM
    I have been waiting patiently and doing my "due dilligence" trying to gather info just like everyone and I started to feel like I was going insane! I have two things to say, and here is my famous " take it for what its worth statement", My Best Buy friend showed me thier system yesterday and they have 2 devices that are to hit the shelves on Feb 28th! He reitterated that often they get to sell devices 2 weeks after thier release and the encoded price point looked to be $549, so ""take that for what it is worth." The second thing i would like to share (and remember this is helping me deal with the anxiety of the release and the constant checking these post everytime something new pops up and I am let down) I have become obsessed with making my current phone as fast and efficient as possible while learning a lot about how these things work and how to tweek them so they are "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" (you know what I mean). There is a fairly new site that has great tutorials and "how to"...'s and the people there are friendly and helpful. they have all the pertinant leaked OS, but also have introduced me to tweeking my 9550 and 9630 with hybrid java builds. I used to just disregard them but to tell you the truth my phone now blows any leaked OS around!!! Faster browser better battery life etc... so check out driphter.com and take your mind off of the 9650 for a minute, it will still come out even if you are not obssessing over it every minute like I was. Dont get me wrong I still activly check CB for info, just not every couple of hours like I used too! instead I have replaced some of my obsession with making the last days with my current phone fun by making it better! C'MON T2
    See., thats the kind of positive info we need, that does have some logic in it, not just, hey the T1 without a camera is out of stock type stuff. This was good info right there. Thank you, we need more info like that. $549 is good....plus Best Best sells two weeks after Verizon release.
    02-05-10 10:56 AM
    I am sitting at work now and decided to check the T1 inventory some large cities in Texas. Dallas, Austin, Houston and San Antonio all have the T1 in stock. I guess that whatever stocking warehouse they use still has plenty of inventory remaining. I wonder if VZW/RIM base their decision on a release when inventory is low or out of stock across the whole nation or just the majority?

Just wanted provide some input and not any emotions to this thread. Also, its a Friday, really hard to get anything accomplished.
    02-05-10 10:59 AM
    i was reading a lil tid bit earlier on berry reporter it was dated september 2009 that rim was coming out with 16 new berrys for 2010 if thats true thats crazy....i wouldnt know what to do....
    02-05-10 11:00 AM
    i was reading a lil tid bit earlier on berry reporter it was dated september 2009 that rim was coming out with 16 new berrys for 2010 if thats true thats crazy....i wouldnt know what to do....
    thats easy... work harder to pay for your fix, you addict. Its okay, we are all in the same boat.
    02-05-10 11:03 AM
    Whats interesting for that is that is a working link for the visual voicemail for the 9650. A lot info today is coming out of the woodworks.
    02-05-10 11:07 AM
23,186 ... 5960616263 ...