Was playing on the VZW bulletin boards and this was posted by a user. I can actually see the 14th as a release date since its a cheesy holiday that people buy gifts on!

"Someone on another site said that he had spoken to someone at Verizon who told him that they were being trained on the Tour 2 last week and that they expected availability on Valentine's Day. A rumor, but hopefully true."
    what is there to train on? This phone is pretty much the tour with wifi and a trackpad. I know not to shoot the messenger but seems a little odd to train on a phone for a week that is almost identical to the previous model.
    02-03-10 12:28 PM
    oh well I don't have extra $$ to get it even if it came out today I guess I just keep waiting until it comes out
    02-03-10 12:33 PM
    seriously, all devious ****** wants is to stir people up. just ignore him\her\it i am getting so impatient for this phone. it will be my first Blackberry and i really can't wait. My friend just got the 8530 and it's really nice except for the obvious entry level components. i'd much rather wait for the Tour 2. My upgrade isn't until the 22 though i just found out so as long as it's out by then i'll be happy! it better be out by then...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 12:35 PM
    [QUOTE=NdgoLady;4609444]I actually purchased a Tour in January. On the 4th, to be exact. I didn't know anything about the T2 coming out until a friend turned me on to the Crackberry site (newbie BB addict). So, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and return the phone and just ride it out for the next few weeks or months (!!!) before the T2 comes out. My old phone works just fine; I was just ready to make the switch to a BB.

I'm trying to be satisfied with what I have but must admit to being a bit pissy that an upgraded model is probably literally around the corner. So, what say you? Thoughts on whether I should do the return or just be content??[/QUOTE/]

It is personal preference really. I am returning mine this week, 30 days is up in the 6th. I love my tour but am not willing to stay with it since the updated version is about to release. Unfortunately i have to use my brothers old rant until the 9650 releases . Man i hope it comes out soon, i really hate slider phones
    02-03-10 12:52 PM
    I Can't wait for Essex to drop!! This will be my first BB!! I don't even have one yet and I'm already an addict!!
    02-03-10 01:44 PM
    Verizon website is now showing it is out of stock on the Tour without camera. I have seen that model out of stock before but let's hope that they won't be restocking and the Tour 2 is comming soon!
    I have to wait another 2 weeks for my upgrade but I've been watching these threads for a few weeks now. I plan on ditching my company owned BBerry and upgrading my own personal phone to the Tour 2 so I only have to carry one device.
    02-03-10 02:37 PM
    I Can't wait for Essex to drop!! This will be my first BB!! I don't even have one yet and I'm already an addict!!
    Yup, I've been checking every site I can about the release of this damn phone. It'll be my first Blackberry. Was heavily considering getting a 8530 but I've waited since like November '09 whats another a month. LOL.
    02-03-10 02:37 PM
    Well, today didn't happen; anyone heard of the next rumored date?
    02-03-10 02:57 PM
    Well, today didn't happen; anyone heard of the next rumored date?
    Oh today really did happen, there was just no announcement today. As Sal and Travis have re-confirmed many times, the Feb 3 date was +/- 1 week, so it could be anytime in the next 7 days.
    02-03-10 03:00 PM
    Nope, Sal and SauceX said the 3rd or within the week after, so I still have hope that it will be within the week. Verizon has posted two different things about the Tour on Twitter today... Hopefully, they are just giving a final push to sale a few more Tours before the release of the Tour 2!!
    02-03-10 03:01 PM
    Was playing on the VZW bulletin boards and this was posted by a user. I can actually see the 14th as a release date since its a cheesy holiday that people buy gifts on!

"Someone on another site said that he had spoken to someone at Verizon who told him that they were being trained on the Tour 2 last week and that they expected availability on Valentine's Day. A rumor, but hopefully true."
    Just my two cents on that, V-Day is on a Sunday. Pretty sure they won't be releasing anything like the T2 on a Sunday. Not shooting the messenger either, just clarifying, and hedging my bets that Verizon wouldn't release any phone, really, on a Sunday.
    02-03-10 03:18 PM
    The Tour was released on a Sunday.
    02-03-10 03:21 PM
    Nope, Sal and SauceX said the 3rd or within the week after, so I still have hope that it will be within the week. Verizon has posted two different things about the Tour on Twitter today... Hopefully, they are just giving a final push to sale a few more Tours before the release of the Tour 2!!
    What did they post? Sorry I don't follow twitter lol
    02-03-10 03:22 PM
    Yup, I've been checking every site I can about the release of this damn phone. It'll be my first Blackberry. Was heavily considering getting a 8530 but I've waited since like November '09 whats another a month. LOL.
    I had VZW send me a 8530 as my S2 decided to break. After a couple hours of the 8530, the T2 cannot come fast enough.
    02-03-10 03:26 PM
    What did they post? Sorry I don't follow twitter lol
    Nothing huge, but they are pushing it for sure. Here is what they said...

Fun Fact for the #BB #Tour: Removable memory allows you to store audio, photos and videos. You wont run out of space!
    about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

A nice surprise, just for you - The BB #Tour is Buy 1 Get 1 Free - each w/ new 2yr activ. on voice plan & email
    about 7 hours ago from TweetDeck

This is the site: Verizon Wireless USA (VZWOffers) on Twitter
    02-03-10 03:27 PM
    Nothing huge, but they are pushing it for sure. Here is what they said...

Fun Fact for the #BB #Tour: Removable memory allows you to store audio, photos and videos. You wont run out of space!
    about 1 hour ago from TweetDeck

A nice surprise, just for you - The BB #Tour is Buy 1 Get 1 Free - each w/ new 2yr activ. on voice plan & email
    about 7 hours ago from TweetDeck

This is the site: Verizon Wireless USA (VZWOffers) on Twitter
    aren't they talking about the original tour?
    02-03-10 03:30 PM
    aren't they talking about the original tour?
    Yes, but his point is that they are trying to push out the stock of Tours to make way for the Tour 2.
    02-03-10 03:32 PM
    Hopefully all of this true. Hopefully its true as well that best buy is trying to run its stock out. I still have a storm 1 thats about to go out the window.
    02-03-10 03:37 PM
    Yes, but his point is that they are trying to push out the stock of Tours to make way for the Tour 2.
    TF, thank you for clearing that up for me, I didn't mean to be unclear with that statement. And, while you have no way of knowing this, I am a she, not a he Where are Sal and SauceX? It would be great to hear something from either one just to tide us over for the time being.
    02-03-10 03:46 PM
    Hopefully all of this true. Hopefully its true as well that best buy is trying to run its stock out. I still have a storm 1 thats about to go out the window.
    I hear you. I am tempted to throw the S1 down everyday just because of my frustration, then go to the VZW and upgrade to the T1 to hold me over.
    02-03-10 03:51 PM
    Haha! I feel bad for those poor people at Verizon that have to answer all the Twitter questions, I guess they are getting bombarded with questions about the Tour2~ At least they have to deal with and share some of our frustration over the release of the phone! But still, they aren't saying anything! "If/when" GRRRR!!!!!
    02-03-10 03:58 PM
    Could be wrong but I think the Tour dropped on a Sunday
    I may stand VERY corrected. I checked online, looks like CNET points to July 12, 2009 (a Sunday), but BGR says the week of July 13, 2009 (which would be at the earliest, a Monday). I distinctly remember going with my GF on launch day to pick her phone up as she had preordered it in our local VZW store, and I had to leave work early to do so. I don't EVER work on Sundays. That's what I was going on. I wonder if anyone can clarify for sure? Not a big deal, but now I'm really curious.
    02-03-10 04:03 PM
    Nice going DD(Devious Doosh). First of all, if you are going to start knocking people, learn how to spell okay! It's RIM not "PIM". If you didn't notice the p and the r is on completely opposite sides of the key board SMART GUY! WELL WELL WELL...LOOKIE LOOKIE let me go ahead and school you on a little something DD(Double Doosh), now no one said that this phone is going to be released exactly at 12am on February 3rd. It's give or take about a week. Seeing as you responded the way you did, I am going to assume someone like you, that can't seem to spell, doesn't have the brain capacity to know what that means. IT MEANS ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE OR AFTER FEBRUARY 3RD. This isn't even a sure thing yet. Thats what this site is about. People try to get the inside scoop and tell everyone else about it. If you can't realize that then get the f**k out of here man. Don't go calling everyone in here an "*****." I mean from the looks of things, you're the ONLY "*****" here! So take your sorry non-illiterate a** elsewhere. Let me know if you need me to tell you what any of the words above means. Don't worry though, I tried to keep it at a 5th grade level.[/COLOR]
    yup he needs to be banned...
    it's not fair to all of us who are respectful to
    have to listen to an ***** like him on here
    we are all anxious and impatient about the phone coming out
    he doesn't need to rain on our parade
    Yes, DeviousDee needs to be stopped, but if DeviousDee is reprimanded others need to be too. We don't need to fall to his level or lower. I am always getting on to my second graders for stuff like this. Just because Bob jumped off a bridge, you don't need to also.
    02-03-10 04:26 PM
    Yes, DeviousDee needs to be stopped, but if DeviousDee is reprimanded others need to be too. We don't need to fall to his level or lower. I am always getting on to my second graders for stuff like this. Just because Bob jumped off a bridge, you don't need to also.
    the stars on what i put is NOT a bad or curse word
    i wrote I D I O T and the site automatically starred it out
    i am not lowering myself to a level of a person like that.
    that would be hypocritical of me to say a guy like that needs to be
    banned then go do exactly what he did.
    02-03-10 04:35 PM
    the stars on what i put is NOT a bad or curse word
    i wrote I D I O T and the site automatically starred it out
    i am not lowering myself to a level of a person like that.
    that would be hypocritical of me to say a guy like that needs to be
    banned then go do exactly what he did.
    Mrs B - I wasn't saying you were. Others have though. I just quoted you as saying something needs to be done about DeviousDee. Sorry.
    02-03-10 04:37 PM
23,186 ... 5455565758 ...