This really sucks. I have a feeling we're gonna be waiting til March.

Or at least after the 14th, because maybe they want to release it after the Valentine's Day sales?
    02-03-10 08:43 AM
    Doesn't mean they might not do another announcement today though :-)

Wednesday, Feb 3rd 2010

Verizon Wireless Announces a New Phone:

Motorola DEVOUR Brings MOTOBLUR To Verizon Wireless� 3G Data Network

Unfortunately for us, it's not a Blackberry!

Oh well, at least this proves that Verizon still knows how to announce new phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 08:44 AM
    Verizon's Twitter page just announced the Tour is buy 1 get 1 free. So Tour2 should be coming soon.

Verizon Wireless USA (VZWOffers) on Twitter
    02-03-10 08:45 AM
    this sounds like forum maintenence only...

Announcements..Important!
    On Wednesday, February 3rd at Midnight EST, the Verizon Community will be under going system maintenance. During this time, you will not be able to sign in or register, however you still will be able to access the community to read existing posts.

That's what it said on VZW's customer forums and blogs page.
    02-03-10 08:48 AM
    Verizon's Twitter page just announced the Tour is buy 1 get 1 free. So Tour2 should be coming soon.

Great Sign!
    02-03-10 08:52 AM
    I want the t2 now!!!!!!
    02-03-10 09:27 AM
    Nobody hold their breath just yet. At least Feb. is a short month.
    02-03-10 09:41 AM
    Nobody hold their breath just yet. At least Feb. is a short month.
    that's the thing though...it's not short enough...LOL

i want to go get the tour now and IF the T2 comes out before March 1st, i'll go trade it in..

WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    02-03-10 10:14 AM

It was BOGO last week, VZW is playing with us. Shame on them!
    02-03-10 10:16 AM
    Nice going DD(Devious Doosh). First of all, if you are going to start knocking people, learn how to spell okay! It's RIM not "PIM". If you didn't notice the p and the r is on completely opposite sides of the key board SMART GUY! WELL WELL WELL...LOOKIE LOOKIE let me go ahead and school you on a little something DD(Double Doosh), now no one said that this phone is going to be released exactly at 12am on February 3rd. It's give or take about a week. Seeing as you responded the way you did, I am going to assume someone like you, that can't seem to spell, doesn't have the brain capacity to know what that means. IT MEANS ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE OR AFTER FEBRUARY 3RD. This isn't even a sure thing yet. Thats what this site is about. People try to get the inside scoop and tell everyone else about it. If you can't realize that then get the f**k out of here man. Don't go calling everyone in here an "*****." I mean from the looks of things, you're the ONLY "*****" here! So take your sorry illiterate a** elsewhere. Let me know if you need me to tell you what any of the words above means. Don't worry though, I tried to keep it at a 5th grade level.
    Last edited by Hawaiiandust; 02-04-10 at 10:59 AM.
    02-03-10 10:40 AM
    Nice going DD(Devious Doosh). First of all, if you are going to start knocking people, learn how to spell okay! It's RIM not "PIM". If you didn't notice the p and the r is on completely opposite sides of the key board SMART GUY! WELL WELL WELL...LOOKIE LOOKIE let me go ahead and school you on a little something DD(Double Doosh), now no one said that this phone is going to be released exactly at 12am on February 3rd. It's give or take about a week. Seeing as you responded the way you did, I am going to assume someone like you, that can't seem to spell, doesn't have the brain capacity to know what that means. IT MEANS ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE OR AFTER FEBRUARY 3RD. This isn't even a sure thing yet. Thats what this site is about. People try to get the inside scoop and tell everyone else about it. If you can't realize that then get the f**k out of here man. Don't go calling everyone in here an "*****." I mean from the looks of things, you're the ONLY "*****" here! So take your sorry non-illiterate a** elsewhere. Let me know if you need me to tell you what any of the words above means. Don't worry though, I tried to keep it at a 5th grade level.[/COLOR]
    as a newbie, with no patience as much as anyone else on here, WELL SAID!!!
    a guy like that has no business on here..
    02-03-10 10:47 AM

I bought 2 Tours with BoGo the week of Thanksgiving.
    02-03-10 10:49 AM
    WELL WELL WELL... LOOKIE LOOKIE it is Feb 3, 2010 and NO TOUR 2. Guess you all look like IDIOTS believing a few morons when they said the 3rd. PIM will not have a press release for the Tour 2. The carriers would of just released it at MIDNIGHT like they did when the released the origonal Tour. I am goin to bet the one web-site I saw saying March, that will be the time it comes out. So Sal you don't know your HEAD from you BUTOX. Your inside info just proved your all talk!!

Ok, seriously where are the mods? This guy is rude and insulting and degrading to other people on the forum. This is my official request to have him banned. Anyone else with me on this?
    02-03-10 10:54 AM
    i wonder if they will run a commercial during the superbowl
    02-03-10 10:54 AM
    there is another forum with a rumor that is states the T2 will be renamed bold and will still be a 9650 (basically a cdma bold.) also that they are changing the memory to 512 megs or something like that...sal/saucex, can you guys shed some light on the subject?
    02-03-10 10:57 AM
    Ok, seriously where are the mods? This guy is rude and insulting and degrading to other people on the forum. This is my official request to have him banned. Anyone else with me on this?
    yup he needs to be banned...
    it's not fair to all of us who are respectful to
    have to listen to an ***** like him on here
    we are all anxious and impatient about the phone coming out
    he doesn't need to rain on our parade
    02-03-10 11:02 AM
    as a newbie, with no patience as much as anyone else on here, WELL SAID!!!
    a guy like that has no business on here..
    My lord... we are all anxious and waiting. i really don't understand why people have to be so mean. theres really no need to bash anyone. we all have a right to an opinion and this is kinda what these blogs/forums are for... i really don't see the need for people to get so mean and angry with eachother!!! jeeeeeezzzz! everybody just smile we at least have something to look forward to!!! LOL
    02-03-10 11:14 AM
    Nice going DD(Devious Doosh). First of all, if you are going to start knocking people, learn how to spell okay! It's RIM not "PIM". If you didn't notice the p and the r is on completely opposite sides of the key board SMART GUY! WELL WELL WELL...LOOKIE LOOKIE let me go ahead and school you on a little something DD(Double Doosh), now no one said that this phone is going to be released exactly at 12am on February 3rd. It's give or take about a week. Seeing as you responded the way you did, I am going to assume someone like you, that can't seem to spell, doesn't have the brain capacity to know what that means. IT MEANS ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE OR AFTER FEBRUARY 3RD. This isn't even a sure thing yet. Thats what this site is about. People try to get the inside scoop and tell everyone else about it. If you can't realize that then get the f**k out of here man. Don't go calling everyone in here an "*****." I mean from the looks of things, you're the ONLY "*****" here! So take your sorry non-illiterate a** elsewhere. Let me know if you need me to tell you what any of the words above means. Don't worry though, I tried to keep it at a 5th grade level.[/COLOR]
    GOOD GOING>>> you tell him
    Last edited by jasper0201; 02-03-10 at 11:18 AM.
    02-03-10 11:15 AM
    I agree with what you said but you called him a non-illiterate which is a double negative so that means he's literate.
    02-03-10 11:20 AM
    I actually purchased a Tour in January. On the 4th, to be exact. I didn't know anything about the T2 coming out until a friend turned me on to the Crackberry site (newbie BB addict). So, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and return the phone and just ride it out for the next few weeks or months (!!!) before the T2 comes out. My old phone works just fine; I was just ready to make the switch to a BB.

I'm trying to be satisfied with what I have but must admit to being a bit pissy that an upgraded model is probably literally around the corner. So, what say you? Thoughts on whether I should do the return or just be content??
    My lord... we are all anxious and waiting. i really don't understand why people have to be so mean. theres really no need to bash anyone. we all have a right to an opinion and this is kinda what these blogs/forums are for... i really don't see the need for people to get so mean and angry with eachother!!! jeeeeeezzzz! everybody just smile we at least have something to look forward to!!! LOL
    I agree but that guy was rude and mean to all of us who are waiting and we all know it was speculation on the actual release date but he was on the minute saying we were dumb for thinking it would come out...

he doesn't need to step on us who are waiting...
    he just needs to keep his negative comments to himself
    I agree with what you said but you called him a non-illiterate which is a double negative so that means he's literate.
    I sent him a pm to change it... lol I was trying to keep itoff here so it wouldnt totally negate what he said...
    02-03-10 11:28 AM
    I doubt we will see a press release today since they just introduced the new Motorola Devour. Two phones in one day? Nah.
    02-03-10 11:28 AM
    I actually purchased a Tour in January. On the 4th, to be exact. I didn't know anything about the T2 coming out until a friend turned me on to the Crackberry site (newbie BB addict). So, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and return the phone and just ride it out for the next few weeks or months (!!!) before the T2 comes out. My old phone works just fine; I was just ready to make the switch to a BB.

I'm trying to be satisfied with what I have but must admit to being a bit pissy that an upgraded model is probably literally around the corner. So, what say you? Thoughts on whether I should do the return or just be content??
    I'm right there with you. I purchased the Tour on the 8th of January. I'm not as lucky as you. I needed to switch since my 9530 had an unfortunate accident with a bottle of cranberry juice.

I'm going to return the Tour this weekend and try to make due with the cranberry drenched storm and if that fails guess I'll be using the old Razr. Oy. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    02-03-10 12:19 PM
    Was playing on the VZW bulletin boards and this was posted by a user. I can actually see the 14th as a release date since its a cheesy holiday that people buy gifts on!

"Someone on another site said that he had spoken to someone at Verizon who told him that they were being trained on the Tour 2 last week and that they expected availability on Valentine's Day. A rumor, but hopefully true."
    02-03-10 12:24 PM
23,186 ... 5354555657 ...