I'm in pretty much the same situation. The rumor is tomorrow +/- 7 days...so I'm going to wait until about the 10th to see if a) the phone is released or b) we're at least given a release date from Verizon/Sprint. If it's not released/given a release date by Sprint by March 1 (when I'm eligible for an upgrade) I'm looking into the same phones as you. I would prefer the Tour because of speeds, etc but I'm worried about the track ball issues.

Yeah, I like the Tour too. It's pretty cool. I went to Verizon today to mess with it and the trackball is a little harder then the trackpad that the Curve 8530 offers. I played with both of them actually and I like the trackpad and the fact that the Curve is much lighter and smaller but all in all the Tour is a good looking phone.

I am not a very patient person, so if Verizon is gonna release anything, I sure do hope it's soon. Plus I wanna get the phone for myself as a birthday gift and my birthday is on Sunday.
    02-02-10 08:08 PM
    Anybody staying up to see if it releases tonight?
    I will be staying up to see if it releases. I have several tabs open with the different sites I have been refreshing. This has been the set up on my computer since late Sunday night. It will prob stay this way until a date is announced I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of this phone
    02-02-10 08:10 PM
    I hope it releases also but I think it will sometime this week or next week!!! You never know though. LOL
    well I'm on an S2 right now and I really do love it, but I also want a full key board device to fall back on as well SO I'm psyched for the T2!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 08:11 PM
    well thanks...anyone who doesn't have a bb doesn't really understand how much we really like them and can be addicted to them!!! LOL
    I don't have a BB as of yet but I'd rather listen to a BB owner talk about how much they love their BB then to have to listen to an iPhone owner. I am not about to bash anyone on here for owning an iPhone or anything from Apple but I personally hate Apple and I am so sick of people talking about their damn iPhone.

So as a newbie to the BB family, I will be proud to rant and rave about my BB... Whenever I get it LOL
    02-02-10 08:13 PM
    well I'm on an S2 right now and I really do love it, but I also want a full key board device to fall back on as well SO I'm psyched for the T2!

Yeah. I am with Sprint and I have the flip phone and it is Samsung. I am really ready for the Tour 2 just like you are. lol
    02-02-10 08:16 PM
    I don't have a BB as of yet but I'd rather listen to a BB owner talk about how much they love their BB then to have to listen to an iPhone owner. I am not about to bash anyone on here for owning an iPhone or anything from Apple but I personally hate Apple and I am so sick of people talking about their damn iPhone.

So as a newbie to the BB family, I will be proud to rant and rave about my BB... Whenever I get it LOL
    why do you have to hate on apple..haha jk...you will be a BB addict once you get your hands on one.
    02-02-10 08:16 PM
    I don't think it will release tonight, because my fingernails did not grow at all today.
    02-02-10 08:18 PM
    why do you have to hate on apple..haha jk...you will be a BB addict once you get your hands on one.
    hahahaaa!! I don't hate them, I am just sick of Apple. To me it's all hype.
    Oh and that iPad is ridiculous ..LOL..

and yeah a lot of people I know who have BB's say the same thing. Especially for me cause I need the email and browser. I am online all the time.

BTW Lovin' the default pic!
    02-02-10 08:20 PM
    Yeah, I like the Tour too. It's pretty cool. I went to Verizon today to mess with it and the trackball is a little harder then the trackpad that the Curve 8530 offers. I played with both of them actually and I like the trackpad and the fact that the Curve is much lighter and smaller but all in all the Tour is a good looking phone.

I am not a very patient person, so if Verizon is gonna release anything, I sure do hope it's soon. Plus I wanna get the phone for myself as a birthday gift and my birthday is on Sunday.
    Happy early Birthday.....I hope Verizon get's you a present haha. And just ask my husband....I AM NOT PATIENT lol
    02-02-10 08:22 PM
    I will be staying up to see if it releases. I have several tabs open with the different sites I have been refreshing. This has been the set up on my computer since late Sunday night. It will prob stay this way until a date is announced I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of this phone
    LOL and I thought I was bad. I just got all excited because the testman site was going slow...but I think that's because we're all killing it lol
    02-02-10 08:26 PM
    Happy early Birthday.....I hope Verizon get's you a present haha. And just ask my husband....I AM NOT PATIENT lol
    Well thank you! and Verizon gave me an early gift..
    I gave my upgrade to mu husband and then I started looking at the BB's and then I kinda regretted giving my husband my upgrade so I called Verizon, cause going to the store is pointless with the rude people there, and they told me my husbands upgrade is not til Sept but since we are valued customers, I can get an upgrade before March 1st and all I have to pay is a $20 fee for an early upgrade.

So yeah Verizon is still, and forever will be, the best in my book. All I need now is to get the Tour2 to come out LOL
    02-02-10 08:28 PM
    Well thank you! and Verizon gave me an early gift..
    I gave my upgrade to mu husband and then I started looking at the BB's and then I kinda regretted giving my husband my upgrade so I called Verizon, cause going to the store is pointless with the rude people there, and they told me my husbands upgrade is not til Sept but since we are valued customers, I can get an upgrade before March 1st and all I have to pay is a $20 fee for an early upgrade.

So yeah Verizon is still, and forever will be, the best in my book. All I need now is to get the Tour2 to come out LOL
    Nice! Hmm I wonder what Sprint would do for me if the T2 does come out before March 1st....lol is it sad that I can't wait less than a month?
    02-02-10 08:33 PM
    Wow your a great girlfriend. My wife hates my phone, and may be jealous of it. Lol

thanks...lol I think she may be jelous!! lmao! anyone who doesn't have doesn't understand gow we feel about it! But i'm hoping to buy myself a T2 as well!!!
    02-02-10 08:35 PM
    Nice! Hmm I wonder what Sprint would do for me if the T2 does come out before March 1st....lol is it sad that I can't wait less than a month?
    no it's not as sad as me not wanting to wait til the 10th, if it does come out then LOL

I swear if it drops tomorrow, IT'S MINE LOL
    02-02-10 08:38 PM
    come VZW my bday is on the 9th. get this **** out
    02-02-10 08:41 PM
    I so can't wait for the T2. However, I just don't understand how ya'll are letting this phone run your life. Step away from your computer, go get something to eat, go to a basketball game!

02-02-10 08:47 PM
    I know crackberry is one of the most reliable sources of info, but where
    else can you possibly get the info on the release date?
    02-02-10 08:48 PM
    I'll be looking tomorrow/midnight to see if it drops. I've got my doubts about if it'll drop AT midnight instead of the start of the business day tomorrow. Eitherway, Friday is payday, and that paycheck is buying me a Tour 2. Whether it's tomorrow, this week or next week.

02-02-10 08:57 PM
    BAH! I hope its tomorrow
    02-02-10 08:59 PM
    I don't remember being this obsessed about the Tour release, and I know I was all over that one. Is it possible that the anticipation of a BlackBerry would cause me to lose my mind? I'm in tough shape. My work and social life are suffering because of this darn thing.

I think I need help... I better check out the rehab section.
    02-02-10 09:00 PM

I think once you go bb you'll never go back. lol...I've only had mine about a year and I absolutly love the bb. I jumped on buying my boyfriend and I a tour1. We both agree as good a bb as the t1 is we are very excited to have the trackpad. But I can almost bet you'll never go back to a regular phone!!!
    02-02-10 09:02 PM
    I don't remember being this obsessed about the Tour release, and I know I was all over that one. Is it possible that the anticipation of a BlackBerry would cause me to lose my mind? I'm in tough shape. My work and social life are suffering because of this darn thing.

I think I need help... I better check out the rehab section.
    Ha i agree, the funny thing is even though i know its not much of an upgrade or anything innovative something about this phone with a trackpad intrigues me.
    02-02-10 09:07 PM
    I think once you go bb you'll never go back. lol...I've only had mine about a year and I absolutly love the bb. I jumped on buying my boyfriend and I a tour1. We both agree as good a bb as the t1 is we are very excited to have the trackpad. But I can almost bet you'll never go back to a regular phone!!!
    Yeah I've heard that from a lot of BB owners.
    I am so excited! I can't wait to get my hands on the Tour2

ugh Verizon... c'mon don't let us down...
    RELEASE TOMORROW!!!
    02-02-10 09:49 PM
    I'm about to go postal over this freakin phone
    02-02-10 10:07 PM
    I too eagerly await the release of the 9650. I'm a full time RVer and my 8330 provides my only view of the internet 95% of the time! I'm on the thing 4-6 hours a day. The other 5% is when the BB browser or Opera Mini can't handle a complex website I need, and I'm forced to drive my laptop to the nearest wifi hotspot.

It is funny---I'm so used to viewing certain sites (like this one) only on my BB, that I amaze myself whenever I see them in all their intended glory on a laptop.

I got my first BB over four years ago, a lowly but quite pricy 7250. Then I got my 8330---what a tremendous difference, both in functionality and in value! I have no doubt I'll feel the same way about the 9650.

That's why even though my upgrade date isn't til the 13th, I'm hoping to celebrate the big day tomorrow with the rest of you.

02-02-10 10:14 PM
23,186 ... 5051525354 ...