User error.

If you didn't like the phone, you had 30 days to return it.
    If the phone didn't operate correctly, you have a 1-year warranty (which is still in effect to this day.)

You're complaining for the sake of complaining.
    It's called "wanting something for nothing".....
    02-02-10 02:57 PM
    wow...maybe your network is a brick? my tour has been great on vzn, even though it took 3 to get one that was perfect.

It isn't the fact that a new device came out soon. It is the fact that the T1 doesn't work. It is a brick. It failed to operate correctly. For all of you idiots who think RIM is God and can't do anything wrong, I feel sorry for you. You are as bad as Apple fanatics who will keep buying all things RIM no matter what they do wrong. It is really sad.
    02-02-10 03:07 PM
    I love how some people just can never get their head around the idea that technology progresses. It is not RIM's fault that you do not have the most up to date device! Heck, I was one of the "lucky" ones that bought a 1st gen Storm, and even though the device has its faults, I never once thought that RIM owed me a darn thing! Just because your device was superseded by a newer model should not give you such a sense of entitlement that you are owed a new device! My 2008 VW was made obsolete by the 2009 model, but I was not banging on the door of the dealership saying thew owed me a new car. If you are unhappy with having an older phone, do what I'm doing and buy a new one! Just dont expect Verizon to give you anything for your old Tour.... phones get old, live with it!
    Normally I would agree with you, but not in this case. For starters, the Tour was outdated from pretty much the get-go. The Tour 2 is going to be what the original Tour should have been. RIM and VZW/Sprint should have skipped the Tour and tried to get the Tour 2 out last fall.

Obviously people had the choice of not getting the Tour and waiting for the Tour 2. However, even last summer the 8330 and the 8830 were extremely outdated. It was a joke that AT&T had the Bold and the best offering that VZW/Sprint had was the 8330. Some people had no choice but to upgrade to the Tour.

Yes, people had the 30 day period to return their Tours if they weren't working properly. In fact, that is what I did. However, I know of several people who did not start having trackball problems until after the 30-day window for returning their phones. So those people are now stuck with a phone that pretty much is guaranteed to have trackball problems at some point.

In my opinion, everything about the Tour was a mess. They released an outdated phone with tons of problems, and I think that people have a right to be upset about it. Now I'm not saying that Tour owners should get Tour 2's for free, but in my opinion VZW should give them some sort of early upgrade option.
    02-02-10 03:15 PM
    It isn't the fact that a new device came out soon. It is the fact that the T1 doesn't work. It is a brick. It failed to operate correctly. For all of you idiots who think RIM is God and can't do anything wrong, I feel sorry for you. You are as bad as Apple fanatics who will keep buying all things RIM no matter what they do wrong. It is really sad.
    Troll
    02-02-10 03:17 PM
    @cz10 - I sure hope dusteater is trolling too! I bought a Storm 1 for chrissakes! If there was ever a device in RIM's lineup that can be called a brick or a dud it's the 1st gen Storm. But you know what, that is the price for being an early adopter, for the pleasure of experiencing new technology first, sometimes you get burned. So you bought a Tour 1, and you dont like it... sorry man, c'est la vie! I'm falling out of love with my Storm, so I am biting the bullet and buying a Tour 2, such is the life of an early adopter!
    02-02-10 03:29 PM
    Is it Feb 3rd yet? Don't know how much longer I can hold my breath here. Its been 2+ weeks since Sauce dropped the date on us. Anyone know how to get in touch with the time gods and speed this dreadful day up???
    02-02-10 03:55 PM
    I don't think Feb 3 the Blackberry Tour 2 9650 is going to be released. They should have been advertising about it and there really hasn't been that much. I called Sprint and Verizon Stores and they said they have heard about it but there has been no advertising of it and they haven't received any announcement about the phone.
    02-02-10 04:01 PM
    Sorry to hurt peoples feelings. I am waiting on the phone. I wish it would be here 2.
    02-02-10 04:02 PM
    Agree!

Now I'm not saying that Tour owners should get Tour 2's for free, but in my opinion VZW should give them some sort of early upgrade option.
    02-02-10 04:16 PM
    ...All I want is a SOLID reliable date to bank on!!!...
    Amy, I'm with you on that part, along with a reliable approximate price. My current long-time friend is about dead, and I don't have a spare, so if this is going to be a while, I'm either going to have to go with a Tour or get a used dumb-phone for the interim. Still, hoping we get an announcement tomorrow, with the Tour 2 being out within the next few days to a week to match SauceX and Sal's estimate.
    02-02-10 04:38 PM
    if you look like u do in ur avatar, I wana sleep with you.. LOL... J/K.. Well not really, U look really, really good. Let me know... lol..

I really hope that it will be advertised this week. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    02-02-10 04:38 PM
    if you look like u do in ur avatar, I wana sleep with you.. LOL... J/K.. Well not really, U look really, really good. Let me know... lol..

I really hope that it will be advertised this week. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
    Real smooth
    02-02-10 04:41 PM

You must be getting all the girls.

Could have at least pretended to be a verizon rep, maybe would've increased your chances a bit.
    02-02-10 04:55 PM
    Real smooth

I try.. Nothing like posting a pick up line on crackberry.. lol...
    02-02-10 04:57 PM
    You must be getting all the girls.

Could have at least pretended to be a verizon rep, maybe would've increased your chances a bit.

Thats a great idea... Thanks,... lol
    02-02-10 04:57 PM
    I'm looking for information on T2 release date, but since we re crying river, someone, RIM or Big Red need to do something about my 8830. It was the new, the latest and greatest when I bought it and its now nothing but a mirage of a smartphone. What ever happened to the BBI (Blackberry Implant) I ve been waiting for?

Just like Amy stated, I want a firm date and price point. By any means necceassry, someone go get the date.
    02-02-10 05:24 PM
    so someone crowed you queen and gave you entitlement?

I'm looking for information on T2 release date, but since we re crying river, someone, RIM or Big Red need to do something about my 8830. It was the new, the latest and greatest when I bought it and its now nothing but a mirage of a smartphone. What ever happened to the BBI (Blackberry Implant) I ve been waiting for?

Just like Amy stated, I want a firm date and price point. By any means necceassry, someone go get the date.
    02-02-10 06:45 PM
    Hello All,

I've been on here for the past 5 days and I am very excited about the Tour2 along with all of you here. I am not currently a BB owner but I want to try it out. I get so many great reviews from friends and family who currently have BB's and I just can't wait. Before I heard about the Tour2, I was looking into getting the Tour or the Curve 8530 with Verizon.

So to make this novel shorter, LOL, I am asking what do you all think I should do? Should I get the Tour now? or should I get the Curve 8530? or should I wait for the much anticipated Tour2?

Again, I am not a BB owner but I want one really bad and I want a device that I don't have to worry about upgrading in 6 months. I would really appreciate all of your opinions and feedback.

Thanks!
    <3 T
    Last edited by MrsBS27; 02-02-10 at 07:37 PM. Reason: I hit enter too soon =)
    02-02-10 07:31 PM
    Anybody staying up to see if it releases tonight?
    02-02-10 07:44 PM
    Hello All,

I've been on here for the past 5 days and I am very excited about the Tour2 along with all of you here. I am not currently a BB owner but I want to try it out. I get so many great reviews from friends and family who currently have BB's and I just can't wait. Before I heard about the Tour2, I was looking into getting the Tour or the Curve 8530 with Verizon.

So to make this novel shorter, LOL, I am asking what do you all think I should do? Should I get the Tour now? or should I get the Curve 8530? or should I wait for the much anticipated Tour2?

Again, I am not a BB owner but I want one really bad and I want a device that I don't have to worry about upgrading in 6 months. I would really appreciate all of your opinions and feedback.

Thanks!
    <3 T
    I'm in pretty much the same situation. The rumor is tomorrow +/- 7 days...so I'm going to wait until about the 10th to see if a) the phone is released or b) we're at least given a release date from Verizon/Sprint. If it's not released/given a release date by Sprint by March 1 (when I'm eligible for an upgrade) I'm looking into the same phones as you. I would prefer the Tour because of speeds, etc but I'm worried about the track ball issues.

Anybody staying up to see if it releases tonight?
    Would they release at midnight?
    02-02-10 07:48 PM
    Yeah. It would be like 12:01 AM. I am not sure what time zone that you would need to watch. lol
    02-02-10 07:52 PM
    Yeah. It would be like 12:01 AM. I am not sure what time zone that you would need to watch. lol
    LOL well I have to work tomorrow and I'm not very nice on no sleep. BUT I will be waking up extra early to see if there is any news! OR maybe if I happen to wake up in the middle of the night haha
    02-02-10 07:58 PM
    well tomorrow could be "thee" day!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 08:02 PM
    well tomorrow could be "thee" day!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I hope it releases also but I think it will sometime this week or next week!!! You never know though. LOL
    02-02-10 08:04 PM
    well thanks...anyone who doesn't have a bb doesn't really understand how much we really like them and can be addicted to them!!! LOL
    02-02-10 08:06 PM
23,186 ... 4950515253 ...