was just thinking the same thing?????? I just waisted my time reading nothing I NEED MY T2
    02-02-10 10:05 AM
    Where's the email updates on this phone from VZW and Sprint? Maybe the announcement will come out on Feb 3rd"ish" and not the phone.
    02-02-10 10:05 AM
    that's tomorrow, hopefully i wake up and look on CB and see that T2 has been released.
    02-02-10 11:16 AM
    all the time lol. I delete my messages, end my chats, delete FB notifications, clear browser cookies, etc.

It's just angry at me because it's getting replaced. My Treo 700w did the same when I was in the process of getting my Curve LOL

Have you done a battery pull?
    02-02-10 11:18 AM
    I have the same problem with my pearl! Try watching youtube videos and the thing crashes, using messenger is a luxury.... someone put a stop to this and come out with the tour 2 already!
    02-02-10 11:40 AM
    Today is the longest day...
    02-02-10 12:13 PM
    I had better get the T2 for free. I refuse to pay a single cent to RIM for anything ever again. If not, I will certainly go Windows Phone 7 next. RIM needs to do the right thing here.
    02-02-10 12:17 PM
    I had better get the T2 for free. I refuse to pay a single cent to RIM for anything ever again. If not, I will certainly go Windows Phone 7 next. RIM needs to do the right thing here.
    I hope you are not holding your breath.
    02-02-10 12:20 PM
    Today is the longest day...
    Long, long, long did you say long

Seems like time is ticking super, super slow.
    02-02-10 12:33 PM
    yeah I heard they are going to give them away free. Other great news...Dodge is giving away free pickup trucks, Sony is handing out free HDTV's at your local Best Buy, and Microsoft says they are sending out the new xbox's in two years to everyone who bought the 360!!!
    02-02-10 01:12 PM
    Waiting, waiting, and waiting :-)

Anyone heard if Verizon will be offering anything for those with the T1, but want the T2? Any type of upgrade?

Have 3 phones on my account for family members and I ended up returning my T1 to hold out for the T2; wondering if the family member with the T1 will in anyway be able to "trade in" the T1 on the T2; just signed a new contract in October 2009.
    02-02-10 01:30 PM
    yeah I heard they are going to give them away free. Other great news...Dodge is giving away free pickup trucks, Sony is handing out free HDTV's at your local Best Buy, and Microsoft says they are sending out the new xbox's in two years to everyone who bought the 360!!!
    Laughing Out Loud!!!!!
    02-02-10 01:34 PM
    I just think they handled the whole T1 situation very poorly. They are so arrogant to never admit fault. But releasing the T2 so quickly is proof enough. It is the fastest device turnaround in their history. Well, they can do what they want. But I think how they handled the T1 will push alot of people away.
    Last edited by dusteater; 02-02-10 at 01:42 PM.
    02-02-10 01:38 PM
    Hoping for some kind of trade in or trade up policy.

I just think they handled the whole T1 situation very poorly. They are so arrogant to never admit fault. But releasing the T2 so quickly is proof enough. It is the fastest device turnaround in their history. Well, they can do what they want. But I think how they handled the T1 will push alot of people away.
    02-02-10 01:48 PM
    I love how some people just can never get their head around the idea that technology progresses. It is not RIM's fault that you do not have the most up to date device! Heck, I was one of the "lucky" ones that bought a 1st gen Storm, and even though the device has its faults, I never once thought that RIM owed me a darn thing! Just because your device was superseded by a newer model should not give you such a sense of entitlement that you are owed a new device! My 2008 VW was made obsolete by the 2009 model, but I was not banging on the door of the dealership saying thew owed me a new car. If you are unhappy with having an older phone, do what I'm doing and buy a new one! Just dont expect Verizon to give you anything for your old Tour.... phones get old, live with it!
    02-02-10 02:06 PM
    I love how some people just can never get their head around the idea that technology progresses. It is not RIM's fault that you do not have the most up to date device! Heck, I was one of the "lucky" ones that bought a 1st gen Storm, and even though the device has its faults, I never once thought that RIM owed me a darn thing! Just because your device was superseded by a newer model should not give you such a sense of entitlement that you are owed a new device! My 2008 VW was made obsolete by the 2009 model, but I was not banging on the door of the dealership saying thew owed me a new car. If you are unhappy with having an older phone, do what I'm doing and buy a new one! Just dont expect Verizon to give you anything for your old Tour.... phones get old, live with it!
    Well said.
    I get tired of all the whinning and crying "they owe me". They owe you sh*t. T1 owners will be treated just like the S1 owners were when the Storm 2 came out. You either pony up, switch carriers, or just keep dreaming that the world owes you everything.
    02-02-10 02:17 PM
    @JazMan456: couldn't agree more! The "sense of entitlement" dilemma this generation faces might just prove do be our undoing in the long run. Our grandparents didn't complain nearly as much as they fought through WWII.

I digress ...

On another note, everybody with critical email, calendar and PIM requirements should be hugging your BB's. I bought a Droid on 11/6, thinking it might be a good (and cool) step up from my 8830 with the best of BB + iPhone.

WRONG!

Now, I can't wait for the T2 to come out. There are sooooo many things Android is missing and/or simply fails at (replies / forwards get stuck in outbox with NO WAY to send them out, can't accept calendar invites, can't append signatures to emails (seriously), contacts get all mixed up with your gmail and facebook, MS ActiveSync fails all the time ...).

So, be happy with what you have. The RIM OS is the best, most bulletproof mobile business platform ... even with some transient shortcomings.
    02-02-10 02:18 PM
    Sure are a lot of stupid people posting in this thread. My only regret is not having the time to call out each of you individually.
    02-02-10 02:32 PM
    For all those who are unhappy with the Tour 1 and RIM - you could be driving a TOYOTA!
    02-02-10 02:35 PM
    Sure are a lot of stupid people posting in this thread. My only regret is not having the time to call out each of you individually.
    Haha! A lot of whining and crying from people that think Verizon or RIM "owe" them because they bought a Tour when it dropped. Sorry, but that's technology. You have the pay to play.

Give an inch and they want a mile.
    02-02-10 02:36 PM
    It isn't the fact that a new device came out soon. It is the fact that the T1 doesn't work. It is a brick. It failed to operate correctly. For all of you idiots who think RIM is God and can't do anything wrong, I feel sorry for you. You are as bad as Apple fanatics who will keep buying all things RIM no matter what they do wrong. It is really sad.
    02-02-10 02:41 PM
    Don't take this the wrong way, but why should you get a free phone? Do I get a new transmission or car when they come out with updated models? What remains of a capitalistic country is the basic risk/reward relationship. I took a risk when the storm first came out and not once did I think RIM should give me a free Storm 2. I took the risk of a phone not living up to the hype.
    Last edited by jackj87; 02-02-10 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Everybody beat me to it.
    02-02-10 02:42 PM
    My Tour works fine - does everything I want it to, and a little more.

And I am a Windows guy - have nothing to do with Apple, in any form.
    02-02-10 02:44 PM
    It isn't the fact that a new device came out soon. It is the fact that the T1 doesn't work. It is a brick. It failed to operate correctly. For all of you idiots who think RIM is God and can't do anything wrong, I feel sorry for you. You are as bad as Apple fanatics who will keep buying all things RIM no matter what they do wrong. It is really sad.
    How is it a brick? The attorney I am working for bought the S1 when it came out, paid full retail for T1 and loves it. Has not once bitched about what he is entitled to. He was irritated at himself for jumping in so soon for the S1 but he said it was his fault.

Everybody has faults, that we are not denying. But to loop us all in with Apple fanatics is kinda harsh.
    02-02-10 02:48 PM
    User error.

If you didn't like the phone, you had 30 days to return it.
    If the phone didn't operate correctly, you have a 1-year warranty (which is still in effect to this day.)

You're complaining for the sake of complaining.
    02-02-10 02:53 PM
23,186 ... 4849505152 ...