does anyone think at least by v-day??? i would love to get this for my bf for a v-day gift!!!
    02-01-10 09:30 PM
    i'm thinking a vzw ad that includes the tour2 during the superbowl and will be released the following wednesday.
    02-01-10 10:07 PM
    i'm thinking a vzw ad that includes the tour2 during the superbowl and will be released the following wednesday.
    There is no way that Verizon is going to pay megabucks to CBS during the Super Bowl to advertise the Tour2.
    02-01-10 10:10 PM
    There is no way that Verizon is going to pay megabucks to CBS during the Super Bowl to advertise the Tour2.
    not just the tour2 but verizon as a whole. they'll use the tour2 in the ad.
    02-01-10 10:12 PM
    Wow your a great girlfriend. My wife hates my phone, and may be jealous of it. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 10:18 PM
    How does this STAB you.....An ad with Caesar holding an iphone, being stabbed by Brutus holding a Tour 2 and are you ready.... Beware the Ides of March ! and released on March 15th
    02-01-10 10:24 PM
    Original take was Feb. 3 +/- seven days, still looking good for that. Sal confirmed. Standing by my claim.
    02-01-10 10:30 PM
    Here is a question that I don't know if anyone will be able to answer. Will it be released in store on day one, or just online. I can't buy mine online as I have to exchange my 8530 for it.

02-01-10 10:33 PM
    does anyone think at least by v-day??? i would love to get this for my bf for a v-day gift!!!
    Definitely believe the Tour2 will be available for purchase by Valentines' Day.Verizon wants this device out ASAP so it can focus on other non-BB smartphones coming later in the year.
    02-01-10 11:15 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation, SauceX!

02-01-10 11:38 PM
    Great to hear!

So who thinks the actual release (available) will be tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday? I am betting on Friday.

Original take was Feb. 3 +/- seven days, still looking good for that. Sal confirmed. Standing by my claim.
    02-02-10 05:49 AM
    How does this STAB you.....An ad with Caesar holding an iphone, being stabbed by Brutus holding a Tour 2 and are you ready.... Beware the Ides of March ! and released on March 15th
    Haha, like the advert, hate the date.
    02-02-10 06:32 AM
    No disrespect to anyone waiting for this phone but I have a few questions. As a 8330 user, I'm having trouble finding a reason to upgrade. I understand the additions of wifi, better screen, trackpad, better camera, etc make the phone more appealing but is it worth it considering they essentially run the same OS?

Since the original Tour and the Tour 2 have essentially the same hardware, who is to say that this phone will be more "supported" in terms of OS leaks and releases?

So again, I understand the phone is much better hardware wise but between the 8330 and the Tour 2, I don't see the software (OS) between them to ever be much different.

Hardware alone enough for many to upgrade?
    02-02-10 07:22 AM
    Great to hear!

So who thinks the actual release (available) will be tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday? I am betting on Friday.

I also think Friday as well.
    02-02-10 07:24 AM
    No disrespect to anyone waiting for this phone but I have a few questions. As a 8330 user, I'm having trouble finding a reason to upgrade. I understand the additions of wifi, better screen, trackpad, better camera, etc make the phone more appealing but is it worth it considering they essentially run the same OS?

Since the original Tour and the Tour 2 have essentially the same hardware, who is to say that this phone will be more "supported" in terms of OS leaks and releases?

So again, I understand the phone is much better hardware wise but between the 8330 and the Tour 2, I don't see the software (OS) between them to ever be much different.

Excellent question! These people are really dreaming if they think that VZW is going to waste money on a Super Bowl ad for this phone. And on top of that, pit it against the iPhone? Good luck with that one! When this phone finally is released, it will be released to almost no fanfare (Think Storm 2).
    02-02-10 07:28 AM

Not sure where to even begin with this one. I guess I am a little biased because my wife has the Tour and I have the 8330. Man oh man.....what a difference.
    02-02-10 07:56 AM
    It's really just whatever you feel you need. I'll just say that my wife (not a heavy BB user by any means) was just sick of her 8330. She didn't like the screen, the camera, the non-threaded SMS in 4.5, etc... I gave her my Tour while I wait for the Tour 2 and she absolutely loves it. It's a much better phone in every aspect - keyboard, screen, camera, speed, everything. And as far as support, the Tour and Tour 2 will see many more 5.0 leaks than the 8330 (which can barely run 5.0 due to the lack of memory) and they will also receive more support in terms of themes and apps once everything moves over to running 5.0.

One app that jumps to mind is Flixster. The Flixster app for the Tour is a great, full app with a ton of information and good looks. Where as the Flixster app for the 8330 is nothing more than just a launcher to a mobile webpage. I think the developer was trying to release a better app for older berries, but I think you'll start to see more apps like this going forward. The devs are going to start developing apps the require some of the new APIs in the 5.0 OS, and the bottom line is that when you load 5.0 on a 8330, you just don't have enough memory left to do anything else.

At this point, the 8330 is at it's end of life. If you don't feel the need to upgrade now, why not wait until the end of this year and see what happens. By the time every BB is running 5.0, your 8330 will be pretty close to obsolete. It will always be a solid berry, but it will get left in dust quickly as we move into the era of 5.0. That might not be what you wanted to hear, but it's true.

Last edited by Dsmithjr; 02-02-10 at 08:26 AM.
    02-02-10 08:17 AM
    Agreed, the Tour has a faster processor, the 8330 seems like a slug compared to it. Plus I'm up for my NE2, so why not?
    02-02-10 08:17 AM
    Excellent question! These people are really dreaming if they think that VZW is going to waste money on a Super Bowl ad for this phone. And on top of that, pit it against the iPhone? Good luck with that one! When this phone finally is released, it will be released to almost no fanfare (Think Storm 2).
    When the Storm 2 rumblings began, there was thread after thread of speculation, "inside information," and ideas on how the announcement should be made. When it was released, the Storm 2 (as you accurately point out) was released with little publicity and was completely overshadowed by the release of the Moto Droid and the iDon't advertising campaign.

History appears to be repeating itself. No shortage of rumors about the Tour 2 and there are a lot of folks looking forward to the release. But N1 is on the horizon and I agree with you, the release of the Tour 2-Essex will be low key and the N1 will be the one that is touted by VZW.
    02-02-10 08:22 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

I feel the 8330 is obsolete now, but as you said, its a solid Blackberry. 5.0 runs fine on my device so that is why I questioned whether or not it was worth the upgrade since they both run the same OS.

I just feel that we have yet to see a "next-gen" Blackberry, as all of the current Blackberry's run the same OS. Maybe I am just being too picky.
    02-02-10 08:30 AM
    I, like you, have an 8330 which is at the end of it's life...and leaves me at the end of my rope. Regardless of what the T2 will have, as long as it has more memory...I'm in! I have to batt pull 3 times a day as I use bbm constantly. Makes for a rough ride, having to wait constantly for it to reboot and settle in. I have given up most of my apps just to use bbm.

Also, unlike you, I had PS 5.0 on my device for exactly 30 minutes...cause that's how long it was stuck at the boot up screen! Never got any further. So i bricked the curve, wiped and re-installed .175

Not all of us with Curves are happy where we are. I love my phone but need more memory...bottom line.

PS to the poster above me: HAIL!!!!!!
    BIG Skinz fan here in NY
    02-02-10 08:49 AM
    I also like you guys have an 8330 and am soooo ready to upgrade. I have had this phone 16 months now and while I dont have to do battery pulls daily, I do lose my patience with the hourglass constantly being on screen. I delete my emails/sms messages every 2-3 days, yet it still lags. It truly has been the greatest phone I have ever owned, except for my first one...that was in the leather carrying case!
    02-02-10 09:05 AM
    Ever since I made up my mind on getting this phone, my poor lil Curve decided to be a rebel and freeze/lag ALL the time...
    02-02-10 09:53 AM
    Ever since I made up my mind on getting this phone, my poor lil Curve decided to be a rebel and freeze/lag ALL the time...
    Have you done a battery pull?
    02-02-10 09:57 AM
    what the heck does that have to do with the release date of the T2
    02-02-10 10:00 AM
23,186 ... 4748495051 ...