Thanks for clearing up the situation! Still crossing my fingers for a Feb. 3 launch.
    01-29-10 10:43 AM
    Thank you vrs626, vndlewis and bobthemagician for jumping in there and replying. I was away from my pc most of the morning, but those are the points I would have made.
    01-29-10 12:27 PM
    As I said in Post # 988, my corporate rep in the DC area who I have been dealing with for many years and seems pretty sharp said "the whisper around his office is a March 15 release date".

My VZ business rep told me in March 2010. I dont know how much of that is true or not.
    01-29-10 01:35 PM
    I'am tired of waiting thinking of switching to at&t for bold 9700 anybody happy or not with there at&t bold 9700?
    01-29-10 01:40 PM
    I'am tired of waiting thinking of switching to at&t for bold 9700 anybody happy or not with there at&t bold 9700?
    Seriously, you are going to jump ship 5 days before the rumored release date? If your only reason is that you are tired of waiting, you are being foolish, imo. Stick it out another week. If you still hear nothing, then I can understand. At this point, everything is lining up perfectly for a Feb 3rd(ish) release date.
    Last edited by anastasiophan; 01-29-10 at 02:01 PM.
    01-29-10 01:55 PM
    Seriously, you are going to jump ship 5 days before the rumored release date? If your only reason is that you are tired of waiting, you are being foolish, imo. Stick it out another week. If you still hear nothing, then I can understand. At this point, everything is lining up perfectly for a Feb 3rd(ish) release date.
    they'll wait 4 weeks for a tax refund or a concert...even 9 months for a child to be born...but tell'em a week and everybody gets all crazy and cattywompus...lol
    01-29-10 02:12 PM
    I will stick it out untill feb 3rd but just looking for other options went to look at at at&t store it is really sweet but I'am not sure about using at&t service.
    01-29-10 05:13 PM
    try it...then you'll be sure!
    01-29-10 05:16 PM
    So everyone still think next Wednesday is going to be the BIG day?
    01-30-10 09:41 AM
    I will stick it out untill feb 3rd but just looking for other options went to look at at at&t store it is really sweet but I'am not sure about using at&t service.
    My wife has the iPhone and absolutely loves the phone but hates the service by AT&T (at least here in the Midwest)! She is waiting for Verizon to get the iPhone (rumored to be this June??? As rumors float around that Qualcomm is working on a CDMA iPhone for Verizon??) once that happens then she is jumping the AT&T ship and going to Verizon, and I've heard that from many other people as well......

So, in my opinion you should stick it out and wait for the Tour 9650 to be released.......I think you'll be happier with Verizon (or Sprint) as compared to AT&T.
    01-30-10 09:50 AM
    don't know how service is down by you, but in the city verizon is infinitely better than att. i was on att for awhile, but finally wised up and went to verizon.

the problem is att usually has better phones (e.g. iphone, bold 9700), but at the end of the day, service quality and reliability is more important.
    01-30-10 10:43 AM
    I wouldn't consider ATT no matter how "cool" the phone may be. So the phone is great, but if you cannot get a connection, what good is it?

The phone is only as good as the network it is on.

the problem is att usually has better phones (e.g. iphone, bold 9700), but at the end of the day, service quality and reliability is more important.
    01-30-10 10:54 AM
    don't know how service is down by you, but in the city verizon is infinitely better than att. i was on att for awhile, but finally wised up and went to verizon.

I live 3 blocks from Wrigley Field in Chicago and can't get ATT service. The ATT service rep I talked to on the phone agreed that service is lacking a little with ATT. It's interesting I just noticed today that ATT is investing $2 billion into their network. I think this is damage control because the iphone is going to be open for all and when Verizon gets their hands on it, ATT is going to lose a ton of customers.

Too little to late ATT.
    01-30-10 11:21 AM
    So everyone still think next Wednesday is going to be the BIG day?
    I don't see it happening on the 3rd, but still hope for February.
    01-30-10 11:31 AM
    I'm not speculating or saying anything until next week. As pointed out, it'll be a low hype launch, I wouldn't expect an announcement till a couple days before launch. So, Monday. Get drunk this weekend and people and relax till Monday. THAT'S the day we should be anxious for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 11:42 AM
    IF Feb. 3rd is the day, will the reps know on Monday?...and will the shipment arrive Monday or on Wed.?
    01-30-10 12:06 PM
    The shipments should arrive tuesday afternoon.
    To all the people that are still unsure about the feb 3rd release date what is making you so unsure? Is it because you don't see a commercial for it or litterature anywhere?

Again we have to point to the storm 2. We had the actual vzw branding aprox a month before its launch and didn't hear about it untill 2 days prior.

I am still holding steady on feb 3rd and on feb 6-7 I am switching to vzw for this.

01-30-10 01:00 PM
    I live 3 blocks from Wrigley Field in Chicago and can't get ATT service. The ATT service rep I talked to on the phone agreed that service is lacking a little with ATT. It's interesting I just noticed today that ATT is investing $2 billion into their network. I think this is damage control because the iphone is going to be open for all and when Verizon gets their hands on it, ATT is going to lose a ton of customers.

Too little to late ATT.
    iphone data service is already horrendous in nyc and sf. with the google phone (nexus one) coming to att, and more smartphone users coming online everyday, they need to do something to avoid completely crippling their users.
    01-30-10 01:13 PM
    The shipments should arrive tuesday afternoon.
    To all the people that are still unsure about the feb 3rd release date what is making you so unsure? Is it because you don't see a commercial for it or litterature anywhere?

Again we have to point to the storm 2. We had the actual vzw branding aprox a month before its launch and didn't hear about it untill 2 days prior.

I am still holding steady on feb 3rd and on feb 6-7 I am switching to vzw for this.

chris....say it aint so!!!!!
    01-30-10 01:53 PM
    chris....say it aint so!!!!!
    yeah unfortunately. i am moving to a different position where i will need data everywhere and i dont think my new territory will have good sprint 3g coverage.

i start on monday and will find out if my area has good 3g in the sprint department.
    i also have a work verizon dumb phone but it tells me if there is 1XEV so i can compare.

i will never bash sprint as they have been great for me but if the new spot doesn't have 3g i have to leave because i need email all the time now
    01-30-10 02:36 PM
    My work phone is a Bold 9700 on ATT in the NYC Metro area and my personal phone is currently a Sprint dumb phone. While I love the Bold 9700, and I do love that phone, ATT service is not so good. My wife has a Pearl on our Sprint service and it works great. 3G service is most always not there on my Bold and plenty of times my internet just hangs. I am going to be losing my work BB shortly and going to be getting a BB for my Sprint service, I am anxiously waiting for the Essex to drop.
    01-30-10 03:31 PM
    This phone needs to seriously be released...Im stuck with the LG-NV, so you can only imagine the B.S I'm dealing with using this phone...Ugh.
    01-30-10 09:18 PM
    This phone needs to seriously be released...Im stuck with the LG-NV, so you can only imagine the B.S I'm dealing with using this phone...Ugh.
    yeah, i have the EnV 2 at the moment. It's time for an upgrade
    01-30-10 09:56 PM
    are they serious with this, so not even a year after theres a tour replacement, im guessing just to add wifi and trackpad which should have been on the first. if wifi and a trackpad are deal breakers on the tour then upgrade when it comes out. imo
    01-30-10 10:13 PM
    I'm sure it's been said, which is why I'm not making a tread about it, but is there going to be a non-camera version?

I am graduating from college in May and my job that I have does not permit camera phones on the grounds.

Thanks!
    01-31-10 06:28 AM
23,186 ... 4445464748 ...