So next Wednesday looking unlikely at this point?
    Hopefully it still comes out on the 3rd but it sure seems unlikely right now.
    01-27-10 05:01 PM
    My 1st gen Storm is really getting on my nerves, I'm ready for a proper Blackberry with a keyboard... the sooner this thing drops (hopefully the 3rd) the better!
    01-27-10 05:23 PM
    What makes you think next Wednesday is unlikely? Lack of any announcement?

I wonder if Sal or Kevin or SauceX can chime in with any updates, news.
    01-27-10 06:44 PM
    I think you guys are really over-analyzing the release of the 9650. It's not going to be a HUGE blowout announcement with advertisements etc. To a lot of people out there, it's just a 9630 with a trackpad. Don't get me wrong, I am just as anxious as anyone but you'll probably not hear anything until the day before because it's not really that big a deal.
    01-27-10 07:18 PM
    01-27-10 09:53 PM
    My 1st gen Storm is really getting on my nerves, I'm ready for a proper Blackberry with a keyboard... the sooner this thing drops (hopefully the 3rd) the better!
    same here ...Ive gone through 5 storms already in a year. Over this phone
    01-28-10 01:57 AM
    I think you guys are really over-analyzing the release of the 9650. It's not going to be a HUGE blowout announcement with advertisements etc. To a lot of people out there, it's just a 9630 with a trackpad. Don't get me wrong, I am just as anxious as anyone but you'll probably not hear anything until the day before because it's not really that big a deal.
    Agreed...I still have yet to see the Pre show up on VZW's home page despite being a brand new line for them...

With this being a slight evolution of the Tour, it would not be a surprise to hear little before it drops...
    01-28-10 06:43 AM
    I want my T2 :-)
    01-28-10 08:07 AM
    I want my T2 :-)
    you and me both brother
    01-28-10 09:44 AM
    The Storm2 press release didn't come out until 2 DAYS prior to release date (if I remember correctly), so I wouldn't get worked up yet. February 3rd is still a very real possibility.
    01-28-10 09:51 AM
    I don't reallly understand why people are starting to think next week is "unlikely".

If Feb 3rd comes and its not on the VZW page, then complain. But Just because you havent heard an announcement or that your local verizon store employees havent "heard" of it, doesnt mean a thing.

Next wednesday folks, relax
    01-28-10 10:07 AM
    I agree that we all need to relax. Verizon still wants to sell the old tour, so why make an early announcement.

I think we'll hear about it on Monday, which would be two days before Wednesday the 3rd. (Same type of situation as the storm 2)

Worst case is we have to wait another week, which according to Sal would only happen if the inventory of the tour is still too high.

That's my prediction, which is a lot of wishful thinking too lol...
    01-28-10 10:20 AM
    Lets not forget too, that even though we all want it on the 3rd SauceX said there was a very real possibility that it could be pushed back 1 week to the 10th. Also without having officially announced the phone yet they could do exactly that for any reason not just because they need to do more testing and so forth. I am hoping that this little FaceBook extravaganza (its wasn't really an extravaganza but that is a fun word to use) was not an indicator that VZW is pushing back the date a week.
    01-28-10 11:13 AM
    As long as I don't have to wait any longer than February sometime, I'm game.
    01-28-10 01:45 PM
    It is hard to say exactly what they are thinking or when it will be announced or released. Like stated previously with the storm2 it was 2 days before, but with the curve2 it was announced three weeks or so before the release date.
    01-28-10 02:02 PM
    It is hard to say exactly what they are thinking or when it will be announced or released. Like stated previously with the storm2 it was 2 days before, but with the curve2 it was announced three weeks or so before the release date.
    The new Curves are also a SIGNIFICANT upgrade over the old CMDA curves. Storm -> Storm 2, not so much. Tour -> Tour 2, even less. I'm waiting for the first of the month before I keep hunting for a release date or any news. I doubt anything will come before then. But if it does, hey, pleasant suprise. And I'll never be more happy to be wrong.
    01-28-10 02:18 PM
    Funny side story. I was at Verizon today because my trackball (sigh) was broken. So I got a new trackball. I asked the rep if he heard anything about the Tour 2. He said he gets his news at Crackberry! So check that for more details! HAHAHAH
    01-28-10 05:48 PM
    So have we heard anything more concrete yet about a release or whatnot?
    01-28-10 09:12 PM
    My VZ business rep told me in March 2010. I dont know how much of that is true or not.
    01-28-10 10:57 PM
    My VZ business rep told me in March 2010. I dont know how much of that is true or not.
    Pathetic if true. It shouldn't be taking this long for them to release a phone that is essentially a Tour with a trackpad and wifi.
    01-28-10 11:15 PM
    Zero percent of that is true.
    01-29-10 06:49 AM
    @Monty2004 - Since you have shot down the idea of the Tour 2 launching in March, are you insinuating that it will be in the February time-frame? Also, since you seemed quite confident in your answer, would you mind pointing the rest of us toward any sources you might have that allow you to make such a steadfast claim? Thanks!
    01-29-10 09:58 AM
    @Monty2004 - Since you have shot down the idea of the Tour 2 launching in March, are you insinuating that it will be in the February time-frame? Also, since you seemed quite confident in your answer, would you mind pointing the rest of us toward any sources you might have that allow you to make such a steadfast claim? Thanks!
    Well, CX and Sal have both said February, and they have proven themselves to be very reliable in the past. We've heard nothing from them about the release being delayed until March.
    01-29-10 10:05 AM
    Because someone who is a reliable source has said beginning of February. Because the release of the T2 is not gonna be a big deal. Because employees don't know anything about releases until it happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-10 10:06 AM
    Though I agree with Monty2004 I feel perhaps he may have been more accurate to say that this particular reps statement was completely unfounded and thus provides no valuable information. Just a thought.
    01-29-10 10:19 AM
23,186 ... 4344454647 ...