I'm not sure if this has been noted on another thread....regardless, check this out...

BlackBerry Tour 9630 going out of stock at Best Buy? � Boy Genius Report
    Yeah. I have been reading that to. I think the Tour 2 is going to be released on Feb 3. This would be the week we should start seeing things about the Tour 2. Thanks.
    01-24-10 06:53 PM
    back in december telus was having a sale on the tour for $49.99 with a new three year contract. my current 3 year deal with them finishes in september 2010 and since the sale was only gonna last until january 2nd i called telus and asked if i could resign with them now in order to get the deal. they told me that i can't resign until there is 6 month left on my contract (march 7th) but than i told them that i won't get the $49.99 deal she told me not to worry that there is going to be a new blackberry released BEFORE that and therefore the price of the tour will drop. hopefully this is legit and im still hoping the release date is february 3rd (yn)
    01-25-10 01:16 PM
    O.K. I gotta say the ONLY place on the WHOLE INTERNET of any release date is on here. Feb 3 2010, well NO WHERE ELSE says anything and being it is a LITTLE OVER A WEEK AWAY, still Reps or Customer Service can tell NO ONE a date, or they have heard anything of a date. So if ya ask me.... They all LIE on Crackberry, even if it's barely a week away, SOMEONE at the carriers would know something.
    You'd figure this close to the SO-CALLED RELEASE DATE other sites besides CRACKBERRY would have LEAKED something.
    01-25-10 03:58 PM
    O.K. I gotta say the ONLY place on the WHOLE INTERNET of any release date is on here. Feb 3 2010, well NO WHERE ELSE says anything and being it is a LITTLE OVER A WEEK AWAY, still Reps or Customer Service can tell NO ONE a date, or they have heard anything of a date. So if ya ask me.... They all LIE on Crackberry, even if it's barely a week away, SOMEONE at the carriers would know something.
    You'd figure this close to the SO-CALLED RELEASE DATE other sites besides CRACKBERRY would have LEAKED something.
    I guess you are on here just to get everybody flamed up. LOL
    01-25-10 05:08 PM
    rly you are going to post thiis on two threads...rly..RLY..
    01-25-10 05:35 PM
    Verizon Wireless to store managers: Wednesday is a big day -
    Verizon Wireless to store managers: Wednesday is a big day � Boy Genius Report
    01-25-10 05:39 PM
    back in december telus was having a sale on the tour for $49.99 with a new three year contract. my current 3 year deal with them finishes in september 2010 and since the sale was only gonna last until january 2nd i called telus and asked if i could resign with them now in order to get the deal. they told me that i can't resign until there is 6 month left on my contract (march 7th) but than i told them that i won't get the $49.99 deal she told me not to worry that there is going to be a new blackberry released BEFORE that and therefore the price of the tour will drop. hopefully this is legit and im still hoping the release date is february 3rd (yn)
    Could have been talking about Curve 8530?
    01-25-10 05:44 PM
    Could have been talking about Curve 8530?
    damn i totally forgot about tht but if tht is the case the price of the tour is still the same, well for now anyways
    01-25-10 06:32 PM
    just got back from verizon and i saw the tours were 29 dollars, so they must really be wanting them gone
    Woah that's cheap! That's like entry-level pricing...the time draweth near...
    01-25-10 06:53 PM
    i dnt know if this was already mentioned but i saw this in another forum

RIM BlackBerry Tour 2 9650 (RIM Essex) Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications

the specs are already out, but idk if they're real and according to this site the release date is march not february
    01-25-10 07:27 PM
    Well considering that that specific site does not even have an original picture (it's taken from BGR) of the Tour 2, I would think it's just their own speculation with no confirmation. At least Sal is actually using a 9650 as his primary phone. Sal's information seems more credible.
    01-25-10 08:35 PM
    damn i totally forgot about tht but if tht is the case the price of the tour is still the same, well for now anyways
    Just looked on the Telus site and they bumped the price of the Tour back to $99.99 (at least in Ontario).
    01-25-10 09:26 PM
    01-25-10 09:34 PM
    Good info, but March??????

i dnt know if this was already mentioned but i saw this in another forum

RIM BlackBerry Tour 2 9650 (RIM Essex) Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications

the specs are already out, but idk if they're real and according to this site the release date is march not february
    01-26-10 09:15 AM
    So February 3rd is looking rather unlikely at this point isn't it? Would we hearing something nearly a week out now?
    01-26-10 09:32 AM
    So February 3rd is looking rather unlikely at this point isn't it? Would we hearing something nearly a week out now?
    Not necessarily. The Storm 2 wasn't announced until I believe 2 days before its actual release. And with Verizon having the Apple news tomorrow, my guess is that we won't find out until it actually drops...
    01-26-10 10:16 AM
    People have to realize that this phone is far from ground breaking news. It would also be a waste to use up advertising and promotions on this device. It's going to sell regardless due to the loyal blackberry consumers so if you guys are waiting on a major announcement to believe the February release sorry not going to happen. Take a look at the releases of the Storm 2, Tour 1 and Curve 8530 all came and went without major advertising or hoopla.
    01-26-10 12:27 PM
    People have to realize that this phone is far from ground breaking news. It would also be a waste to use up advertising and promotions on this device. It's going to sell regardless due to the loyal blackberry consumers so if you guys are waiting on a major announcement to believe the February release sorry not going to happen. Take a look at the releases of the Storm 2, Tour 1 and Curve 8530 all came and went without major advertising or hoopla.
    Exactly Right!
    01-26-10 12:35 PM
    Not necessarily. The Storm 2 wasn't announced until I believe 2 days before its actual release. And with Verizon having the Apple news tomorrow, my guess is that we won't find out until it actually drops...
    True. But there was a lot more information floating around about the S2 prior to its release.
    01-26-10 12:43 PM
    True big advertisements are not going to be done on the release of this device because it's not a groundbreaking one
    01-26-10 12:54 PM
    True. But there was a lot more information floating around about the S2 prior to its release.
    The S2 was using new tech for its screen as well as a bunch of other new features. The Tour 2 is, been there done that before for RIM. Very little is new to this phone other than the trackpad and wi-fi. I'm sure RIM had far more S2 testing devices out to test the new screen tech than what they've currently released for the Tour 2 which would naturally result in more leaks.
    01-26-10 12:57 PM
    True big advertisements are not going to be done on the release of this device because it's not a groundbreaking one
    This is all speculation, but with Verizon's business struggling a bit (Verizon Posts a Loss, Citing Charge Related to Layoffs - NYTimes.com), I would assume they would save 2010 marketing dollars for much bigger news like the rumored iSlate and iPhone launches.
    01-26-10 01:33 PM
    Not when they're still trying to clear out original Tours.
    Also, I've talked to 2 different managers at 2 different Verizon stores and they both said they do not know about the release date of most new phones until only three days before they are released.
    01-26-10 01:55 PM
    Are we sure they're even going to discontinue the original Tour? Verizon is still selling the Curve 8330 and the original Storm even though those devices have 'successors'. I wouldn't be surprised to see the the Tour hang around for awhile after the Tour 2 is launched. Also, with that being said, I also wouldn't be surprised to see it discontinued as well. How's that for hedging your bets? ;-)
    01-26-10 03:23 PM
    Also, with that being said, I also wouldn't be surprised to see it discontinued as well. How's that for hedging your bets? ;-)
    Yes, you pretty much have both sides covered.
    01-26-10 03:47 PM
23,186 ... 4142434445 ...