Businesses do not use that system. They go by Fiscal Year which is
    1st Quarter: October 1, 2009 - December 31, 2009
    2nd Quarter: January 1, 2010 - March 31, 2010
    3rd Quarter: April 1, 2010 - June 30, 2010
    4th Quarter: July 1, 2010 - September 30, 2010
    Businesses can use whatever 'Fiscal Year' they choose. There is NO standard. Most publically traded companies have 'Fiscal years' they stick to but many make their own 12 mth period reporting cycle themselves. Our company for example runs through to dec.
    01-23-10 09:46 AM
    When oh when will people stop listening to reps they don't know in stores related to new phone releases??? They're sales people and their job is to not let you walk out of that store without buying a new phone.
    01-23-10 09:46 AM
    You're crazy for wanting any phone called a Pixi.
    LOL. I know the name isn't manly but Essex isnt exactly the brawniest of names either.
    01-23-10 09:50 AM
    LOL. I know the name isn't manly but Essex isnt exactly the brawniest of names either.

For what its worth...I wondered about the name myself. According to wiki...there have been 5 US Naval ships named the USS Essex...even an aircraft carrier (1942-1969).

That gives it a bit more "brawn" wouldn't you say?
    01-23-10 12:29 PM
    why would you get the pixi over the pre? its only 50$ less and everything about it is slower then the pre, doesn't really seam viable. My curve is steadily dying every day, im running out of time.
    01-23-10 12:43 PM
    I may be mistaken, but I believe February is Q2 of this year, no? Doesn't it go from like Oct-Dec, Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, July-Sep?

Either way, I'm still going to get it an hopefully it's not as bunked up as the Tour1. My girl has the 8350 and it's nice, but I want the global phone and also because my OtterBoxes for the Tour1 should still fit the Tour2.
    I think she was referring to Q2 of 2010 calender year, so that would be in the April-June time frame. That's what she told me... All I know is I'm most likely upgrading from my Storm to this phone, whenever it comes out.
    01-23-10 05:28 PM
    well then...it's a good thing that is not the name of the phone!
    01-23-10 06:46 PM
    why would you get the pixi over the pre? its only 50$ less and everything about it is slower then the pre, doesn't really seam viable. My curve is steadily dying every day, im running out of time.

The Pre hardware just plain sucks. I have yet to find one with minimal side to side play in the slider. I've had my share of sliders in the past, and some did gain the 'oreo' play over time but the Pre is really bad; lets not even talk about the mushy keyboard. The Pixi keyboard is really very good. Anyway, I happen to stop by a Sprint store today after Home Depot and played with the Pixi again.. I wont be getting it, though the web browser really rocks! I just decided that it wasn't for me after a good amount of hands on time today.

I did spend some more time with the 8530 though and came away even more impressed than before. I've said it before and I'll say it again.. some how the screen on the 8530 seems sharper than my current 8330. So I'll wait for Feb 3rd and see what happens.
    01-23-10 07:12 PM
    My sources told me at the beginning of February, but i dont see that happening!
    01-23-10 07:16 PM
    I Can't Wait!
    01-23-10 09:32 PM
    01-23-10 09:33 PM
    A manager from a verizon store told me that it will come out once the inventory for the Tour drops, as of today for the east coast warehouse it was a lottttt, so that really hindered my hopes of it being released soon.
    01-23-10 09:37 PM
    just got back from verizon and i saw the tours were 29 dollars, so they must really be wanting them gone
    01-23-10 09:50 PM
    With it being really close to Feb 3 and not a word of this phone in stores or anything besides Crackberry, I find it highly unlikely this phone will be released in February at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 10:08 PM
    o ye of little faith....
    01-23-10 10:11 PM
    looks sexy. id want to grab one from that picture of the stack of 3 tours :P
    01-23-10 10:20 PM
    A manager from a verizon store told me that it will come out once the inventory for the Tour drops, as of today for the east coast warehouse it was a lottttt, so that really hindered my hopes of it being released soon.
    that sure does sound like a big load of BS to me.
    01-23-10 11:01 PM
    Just tried to go to VZW website, and it's temporarily unavailable. Could just be updating for the new week, but maybe they'll have some info on the release date. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    01-23-10 11:24 PM
    With it being really close to Feb 3 and not a word of this phone in stores or anything besides Crackberry, I find it highly unlikely this phone will be released in February at all.

Sal did say when he told us the release that we weren't to expect much promotion. Its not really a NEW phone, its sidegrade to the tour really. So why would they make a huge deal about promoting it when they have bigger things to put their advertising money into, like the new google phone or whatever it is that may be out this spring.
    01-23-10 11:45 PM
    Really? Wow, and you believed them? Are you interested in some land, maybe down in Florida? I have a friend.....

Look, many of store personnel aren't always on the pipeline for information on new releases, what they don't know for certain can be made up at the drop of a hat. The stocks of the Tour will just give people an alternative for a less expensive option when the Deuce is loose.

01-24-10 07:36 AM
    Really? Wow, and you believed them? Are you interested in some land, maybe down in Florida? I have a friend.....

Look, many of store personnel aren't always on the pipeline for information on new releases, what they don't know for certain can be made up at the drop of a hat. The stocks of the Tour will just give people an alternative for a less expensive option when the Deuce is loose.

The "Deuce is Loose". Awesome!
    01-24-10 11:21 AM

How perfect!!! February 3 is the target for "Deuce is loose" day.
    01-24-10 11:25 AM
    sooo i have been following these forums for months now awaiting the tour 2 and just as impatient as everyone else! this would be my first blackberry and i'm so excited. I did some research - I was looking through RIM's press releases on the latest phone releases for verizon and compared the press release dates to the actual selling date on the carrier. I noticed the Curve 8530 press release was on Nov 5 stating that it will be available on Verizon Nov 20. That's a pretty long time (for me at least lol). BUT we do agree that Tour 2 is an upgrade from the Tour just like Storm 2 is the upgraded version of the Storm.. sooo I looked Storm 2 up and found the press release was posted two days before Verizon offered the Storm 2. we are most definitely not going to hear anything official until the day of. only a week and a half people!! we'll find out for sure in a week and a half!!

Here's the page I was checking out. Blackberry - Press Releases

I thought I would share =) I currently have the LG Dare and can't STAND touchscreen anymore and I'm in desperate need of a new phone. come on Tour 2!
    01-24-10 12:41 PM
    I'm not sure if this has been noted on another thread....regardless, check this out...

BlackBerry Tour 9630 going out of stock at Best Buy? � Boy Genius Report
    01-24-10 01:34 PM

Actually id love some land in Florida particularly in Miami Golden Beach area... And he showed me the screen and the amount for the warehouse was 68xxx so to me thats a lot of phones.
    01-24-10 06:41 PM
23,186 ... 4041424344 ...